• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dani BFG vs Anvil Vestratto

LittleBoy0311

To be honest you can’t really compare them. The anvil is more engineered and you feel it. it feels more “fragile” in a certain way, while the Dani feels more robust, like a “tank”.
The Anvil does that “first use” impressive big clouds because it was engineered to do that with no effort from the user.
You can reach almost identical results (almost because the dani adds a bit of conduction that the anvil is missing) with experience.
Again I need to say that they feels and are 2 different categories and that the imho actual Dani’s competitor is the dynavap fmj.

The anvil’s vapor is thicker but doesn’t feel more dense when vaping it compared to the Dani. Using it as a one hitter you can achieve very similar results (with the Anvil able to do a step further in the RTL without user effort). Instead, the Anvil ability to cool down is better than Dani SS stem or Glass stem (i do not have a wood stem).

As said they are very close with minor differences, while the anvil feels more engineered (like a tesla) the Dani feels more “mondane” and robust (like a muscle car).

Those are my thought on top of my head, if you have any question ask, I’m willing to answer.

For me, the Anvil is more statisfactory. I fell more medicated after it.

Here’s a video about a direct comparison.
(Due to different airflow, the anvil is vaporised first, than the Dani. I reheat the dani becuase it cooled down while vaping the anvil)

(Dani is left side)

Last edited:

Ralph

The last word I would use to describe the Anvil is "Fragile". You could run it over with your car and I bet it would still work perfectly.

Ralph,

Seantagon

nice! I was hoping someone would compare in detail. Is that the Dani v3? How do they compare when used native? Airflow, heat, etc thanks for doing this!

LittleBoy0311

nice! I was hoping someone would compare in detail. Is that the Dani v3? How do they compare when used native? Airflow, heat, etc thanks for doing this!
Yes it’s a dani v3. Native the gap increases with the Anvil ahead. I mean the Dani is still enjoyable native but the anvil has better airflow, better cooling unit, and it get less hotter with continuos use (after 10 hot swap the anvil was a bit warm in my hands while the Dani with metal stem is untouchable after 3 hot swap). The Dani airflow was made with mouth to lungs in mind and not direct hits (you can do a direct draw aswell but it requires polmonar strenght)

LittleBoy0311,
Reactions: 364F

vapormachina

I tried the original danivape and dont reach those clouds in any way 🤔
There are so many differences with the V3??

good video!💪🏻

vapormachina,
Reactions: jardri

GoldenBud

I have to ask it and understand the reason why.. Why you like black ABV? because the weed you started with is lower grade? not enough oils so you have to change the color? I can't understand this... fully extracted bowl is yellowish-brown usually...

The Anvil produces huge clouds and yet my abv after 2 cycles with same bowl, had brown ABV at max..

Other than that, what you said is interesting.. and still would like to see you do a comparison of heavy log (CouchLog, UD SC3+, GTR, Nano XL, Alpha+) vs Anvil...

LittleBoy0311

good video!💪🏻

good video!💪🏻
Did you overheat after the click(it is low temp seting)? The v1 and v2 needs pretty big overheats (5-6s v1 and 4-5s v2)

I have to ask it and understand the reason why.. Why you like black ABV? because the weed you started with is lower grade? not enough oils so you have to change the color? I can't understand this... fully extracted bowl is yellowish-brown usually...

The Anvil produces huge clouds and yet my abv after 2 cycles with same bowl, had brown ABV at max..

Other than that, what you said is interesting.. and still would like to see you do a comparison of heavy log (CouchLog, UD SC3+, GTR, Nano XL, Alpha+) vs Anvil...
Due to the temperature where I live, the herb material got really dry. Beside that I like to RTL. Take also note that those avbs are one of the darkest i ever get. I’m used with more brownish as you said (even in the anvil). I was trying to really get to the edge there, and I did indeed.

vapormachina

Did you overheat after the click(it is low temp seting)? The v1 and v2 needs pretty big overheats (5-6s v1 and 4-5s v2)
yep, I try to pass after the click even 10s, with this routine I get more less good clouds in a bong but is very difficult to reach a good extraction in direct mode without the bong

PS: I also love the very dark ABV😈

vapormachina,

endof3d

Cognitive Dissonance D4 ++++
Thank you for doing the comparison and agree with your assessment of both. The crown jewel of the Anvil is its oven that's gone through many iterations to get to the User Addition available for sale today. The Anvil definitely punches way above it's weight class and delivers unexpected results in such a small hand held device.

The other unique feature of the Anvil is its ability to regulate the air flow before it reaches the loaded bowl, not after like the air port on the DV and other third party stems which simply dilute the vapor after the extraction. The only other portable vape that I'm aware of that offers adjustable air flow is the Davinci IQ2. Both vapes sell for a premium for a portable.

The Anvil IMO was design for use with a water piece. Hats off to those who are able to use the Anvil natively, but I've found the vapor way to hot and had to modify mine with a Simrell condensor and XL intercooler to be able to use it with out a cooling device.

The Dani is a very solidly built vaporizer, and like the Anvil is way more forgiving when it comes to avoiding combustion events than the DV is, maybe even more so than the Anvil. The Dani would be the choice I would suggest to some one who was uncertain about their abilities to use a torch powered vape.

What I like most about the Dani is how cool the vapor is for native use right out of the box. The large intercooler does it’s job admirably, as I’ve not needed the addition of a J hook or other cooling device no matter how hot it’s heated.

Both would be a good choice to offer a friend who combusts as an alternative, with the nod going to the Anvil for its strength of effects. If price is a factor, the metal Dani V2 sells for $71.00 USD - about the price of a standard M - versus the Anvil that sells for $229.00 USD.

So if your on a budget, the question should be, is the Anvil worth over three times the price of the Dani for the extra effects it provides? If finances aren't a problem, both would be a worthy addition to anyones collection. 2022 has been a good year for vape enthusiast!
trio3.jpg

Greenleaf88

I really would like to try one, I love my anvil but idk y I want a Dani vape. I ordered a fmj and was really underwhelmed now idk if that's cuz I have a anvil but I saw op compared a Dani vape to a fmj. Which is better?
And I can't seem to find it anywhere to order lol

Greenleaf88,

Seantagon

I love the fmj! It changed the game for me. I have it on my 2021 Vong. It got me wanting more though lol. The Anvil is way too pricy for me. I’m looking into the Dani because it has a much bigger bowl. Im a little concerned about the airflow though. I’m liking the updates so, just a matter of time for me 🫠

LittleBoy0311

I love the fmj! It changed the game for me. I have it on my 2021 Vong. It got me wanting more though lol. The Anvil is way too pricy for me. I’m looking into the Dani because it has a much bigger bowl. Im a little concerned about the airflow though. I’m liking the updates so, just a matter of time for me 🫠
The Dani v3 is comparable in airflow with the vong fully closed 💪🏻

fucreg123

I heard of people drilling the holes a little bigger to improve airflow on the Dani.. anyone wanna share Details?

fucreg123,

LittleBoy0311

Bings buddery drilled holes in his v2 amd r bigger than the v3 and I do believe it improved the airflow.
Sorry if I cannot explain myself better but I’m not native english. The major airflow constrictions are not the holes on the cap but those spiral things on the tip. If you want more airflow you need to widen them.
I heard about that from a guy on reddit an his results were amazing!

maremaresing

V3 airflow is really great. I think my packing style has more to do with the airflow at this point. Obviously different people want different things, but it's way more open than the V2 (which I also like for stem use). I'd say if you are used to a dynavap, even with airport open, you'd be comfortable with the V3. YMMV

For me, I don't see the dani as a "affordable anvil". Price or no, I don't like anything about he anvil. It's a mess aesthetically, and loaded with complexity that I'm not after. This isn't to say it's bad. I can recognize the skill and level of machining that goes into it, and the features are useful for some.

The dani is the "dynavap m XL" users have been clamoring for years to get, that we were told "is impossible by design". Every single veiled release I was excited to see a big dynavap, but no it was just another appearance package with the same tip. This isn't to say the dani is a "dynavap clone" as many mistakenly think. Inside and out it's a different execution.

I was so excited to see the dani v2 was so chonky. That was what made me pull the trigger on the purchase, and it's been everything I wanted it to be.

LittleBoy0311

V3 airflow is really great. I think my packing style has more to do with the airflow at this point. Obviously different people want different things, but it's way more open than the V2 (which I also like for stem use). I'd say if you are used to a dynavap, even with airport open, you'd be comfortable with the V3. YMMV

For me, I don't see the dani as a "affordable anvil". Price or no, I don't like anything about he anvil. It's a mess aesthetically, and loaded with complexity that I'm not after. This isn't to say it's bad. I can recognize the skill and level of machining that goes into it, and the features are useful for some.

The dani is the "dynavap m XL" users have been clamoring for years to get, that we were told "is impossible by design". Every single veiled release I was excited to see a big dynavap, but no it was just another appearance package with the same tip. This isn't to say the dani is a "dynavap clone" as many mistakenly think. Inside and out it's a different execution.

I was so excited to see the dani v2 was so chonky. That was what made me pull the trigger on the purchase, and it's been everything I wanted it to be.
Agree with everything, but I like more the Anvil experience (but maybe is just the honeymoon phase, i got it 2 days ago).

I always describe the Dani as a “dynavap under steroids”. For me, and what I like, is better than fmj.

LittleBoy0311,
Reactions: zatonic

endof3d

@maremaresing I agree with all your points! The crown jewel of the Anvil is the oven as mentioned above. Every other part is an after thought IMO, hastened to design to rush it to market. The mouth piece and air flow adjustment have already been redesigned and offered as a option, now the condensor, cooling unit and stem need to follow.

The first thought when I received the Dani V2 was this is what the DV should and could of been. Minimal O rings, good cooling without buying a third party stem, medical grade SS and Ti used throughout and the main parts securely thread together. Add to that very low risk of combustion, plus anodized color choices with out paying an extra cent. All for around the same price as a DV 'M'.

Found even with a large bowl you can micro dose just like the DV. In fact I've been vaping non cannabis medicinal herbs through it for weeks, something that I would never, ever consider with the Anvil and DV. Both would not have the control to do lower temp extractions.

Vu at BFG has provided great customer service and I will continue to support his future work.

LittleBoy0311

@maremaresing I agree with all your points! The crown jewel of the Anvil is the oven as mentioned above. Every other part is an after thought IMO, hastened to design to rush it to market. The mouth piece and air flow adjustment have already been redesigned and offered as a option, now the condensor, cooling unit and stem need to follow.

The first thought when I received the Dani V2 was this is what the DV should and could of been. Minimal O rings, good cooling without buying a third party stem, medical grade SS and Ti used throughout and the main parts securely thread together. Add to that very low risk of combustion, plus anodized color choices with out paying an extra cent. All for around the same price as a DV 'M'.

Found even with a large bowl you can micro dose just like the DV. In fact I've been vaping non cannabis medicinal herbs through it for weeks, something that I would never, ever consider with the Anvil and DV. Both would not have the control to do lower temp extractions.

Vu at BFG has provided great customer service and I will continue to support his future work.

I can agree with you, but also the Dani was sold 3 times to reach the actual point.

Anyway, they are all different and i love them 👌🏻

endof3d

I can agree with you, but also the Dani was sold 3 times to reach the actual point.
True, but my Dani V2 has better flavor, cools, produces more vapor, more solidly built, cost a heck of a lot less than any of my nine DV's. Not hating on DV, but they've been producing vapes for over five years. In comparison to the Anvil, Dani is no slouch in performance. Really glad the Anvil and Dani came on the scene this year.

I hope all vape manufactures look at their products as a work in progress, and anxious to improve their offering. As mentioned before, 2022 has been a good year for vape enthusiast!

Last edited:

Greenleaf88

True, but my Dani V2 has better flavor, cools, produces more vapor, more solidly built, cost a heck of a lot less than any of my nine DV's. Not hating on DV, but they've been producing vapes for over five years. In comparison to the Anvil, Dani is no slouch in performance. Really glad the Anvil and Dani came on the scene this year.

I hope all vape manufactures look at their products as a work in progress, and anxious to improve their offering. As mentioned before, 2022 has been a good year for vape enthusiast!
Looking forward to ordering one loving my anvil but it never hurts to try other stuff as well.

Top Bottom