Dabpress Rosin Plates

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Never use stainless and generally press flower bagless. I don't get contaminants at all, and I don't think you should if you are pressing progressively and carefully. I don't like the waste with nylon bags, or the expense. Hash obviously have to but don't like throwing loads of stinky nylon bags away.

I prefer squishing everything in a bag, I agree with @JCat findings that the bag provides a functional advantage, it causes the puck to stay restricted which increases the PSI at the load and prevents pucks from "pancaking" out.

IMO, Roger need not re-do the whole pre-press mold. An easier, and better (IMO) solution is to just add a spacer/ a rectangular pancake piece that can be used (if wanted) to push deeper into the mold/ expel the pressed bud.

Dabpress had a pre-press like that, I prefer the one piece though.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Did you change the depth of "Part A" now so the puck will be completly pushed out,
i am asking bcs in the pictures it doesnt look like it would have changed..?

vxzply.png

Thanks for your reminding.

For the pucks being paired with 2x4" rosin filter bags, so we limit the thickness of puck( 0.28").

But our new 2-in-1 pre press mold ( create a 1.77" diameter cylinder pucks + rectangle pucks ) no longer limit the thickness of the puck.

Just pulled the trigger on the 3x5 10 ton driptech press, strongway pump, and a 2x4 pre press!!! Cant wait! Customer service has been great so far! been following this thread for a while and figured i would finally make an account.

Thanks.

Since it is new release, and we have to ship out from factory. However, I had arranged the first batches to America Warehouse and reach there in the next 20 days.

Press came in yesterday but unfortunately I am out of the state for a few days for thanksgiving. Had it brought inside the house for me so it’s safe and sound. I requested DHL to deliver a few days later but they didn’t hold it a few days like supposed to. Want to get home now so I can play with it! Have to wait until Sunday! The anticipation is killing me haha!

Enjoy your time! Happy Thanksgiving Day!
I'm really into a set-up of some kind here. It seems that once I settled on wanting a 3x5 plate, the only thing left is deciding how to handle the press purchase. I didn't want to mess with making all the adjustments to set the plates up all the time so my mind is between just the plate cage vs the all in one bj6t35 vs the driptech 10t35v.

With the current sale, the difference between just the plate cage and the bj6t35 is a little over a hundred which would be around the cost of buying a separate shop press. For another hundred you get into the 10t35v and a strongway pump,which gives you the extra 10 ton pressure and the perfect plate adjustment. The latter seems like the best deal, but dropping over $500 is still a big chunk of change for me. Right now I can buy rosin for about $40 a gram and flower at $5-6 a gram. That would be a lot of presses to make up the cost of the set up.

Can I ask what the warranty is on these units? I couldn't find it on the website. This would be a serious investment for me. Thanks.

One Year Warranty, Thank you!

I think all-in-one 6 ton home rosin press is also a better choice. You can rebuild it into a new hydraulic rosin press by removing the heating rods and heated plates from the frame.

You'll get a new rosin press after being paired with 10-20 Hydraulic press.

This was a test press at high temp and pressure with some very old (2 years) dry seeded critical kush bud. Not meant as a showy press, but to trial the driptech with a PTFE envelope.

More info on the uk420 site but here's a quick vid as I know some wanted to see the drip. I will be doing a couple of better presses with some decent bud and some fresh frozen bubble hash in due course. Didn't want to waste it on a stress test run. Happy to confirm the press handled high temps and held very high pressure no problem. Even able to blow out the PTFE envelope with the force when I pushed it to excess, so no issues with the 10 ton!!

I made up about 7g of it in my pre press and pressed with about half of my body weight, so not too tight. Cranked it shut with no bag at 220F. Wouldn't normally press at this temperature but thought this stuff would need coaxing. As soon as I felt it was moving along I nipped it up - not even registering on the gauge and laid it over a silicon sheet. Progressed until it started to drip at about maybe 800PSI. This happened very suddenly and didn't catch the start. Then upped to about 1200, held for 50 sec or so, then 1700, 2000, 2500, 4000. This is where flow pretty much slowed to a stop. Then I took away the rosin and cranked it right up as a tester. It blew out of the front and the force had also blown the teflon sheet out of the back!

For crappy old dry bud the yield was very impressive indeed, although I didn't weigh anything as it was just a test. A proper video will have to wait a while as I need to clear out all my existing press and kit.

Video is very, very boring - you don't get the same waterfall to watch! I might do the next one from below on a glass sheet or something...

Thanks for your comments to NEW 10 Ton Driptech Rosin Press. I am sure it will serve you for a long time.

Overall extremely impressed with this bit of kit - and coming from a 6 ton with cheap dhgate plates that I LOVED, this feels like a great upgrade for the money. Highly recommended.

Also worth mentioning that the puck was significantly dryer and less sticky than with my regular press, so I can see the extraction is more efficient. I don't believe this to be the pressure, and put it down to the significantly easier removal and recovery afforded by the gravity assisted driptech style pressing.

PTFE sheets did NOT like the high pressure though and I doubt there longevity even at lower temp/pressure. These are NOT dabpress items - just something I am playing with. I may go back to parchment as so little is left behind at the press it doesn't matter really anyway.

For me this is a godsend. I hate the ballache of picking rosin off sheets!

Thank you!

I had changed insulation layer into 15mm thickness wood, I hope it can prevent THE CYLINDER from overheating.

I've got into the routine of washing my pucks with 190 proof grain alcohol and generally pull 2-3% extra yields (including chlorophyll) so that's my way around the waste issue using filters. I agree though about the contaminants, most of our buds are high enough RH they dont turn to dust inbetween the plates and contaminants are not a big issue.

For me the filters are more to just get a good workflow and consistant results. I generally press 10g at a time using the same pressure to avoid over-pressing and getting blowouts.

@gunmetalshark I got an email in with Roger to verify the ram portion of the pre-press mold to see if it pushes the puck through completely. I expect that it doesn't as it looks to be the same as the two-tone. I believe our upcoming molds due to release next month will push the puck out completely though I wont know for sure until I get the prototype this weekend.

Thank you very much :)

.......................................................................................................................
IMO, Roger need not re-do the whole pre-press mold. An easier, and better (IMO) solution is to just add a spacer/ a rectangular pancake piece that can be used (if wanted) to push deeper into the mold/ expel the pressed bud.

That's what my little cylindrical pre-press has-----separate aluminum slugs that stack into the cylinder for different loads.
That allows maximum flexibility for all situations!

I am very tangled whether should I limit the thickness of pucks. Since most of rosineers will scale the amount of flower before prepressing. If I don't limited the thickness, it is hard to insert the pucks into rosin bags.

So I will create 2-in-1 pre press mold for your choice.

.......................................................................................................................

That's what my little cylindrical pre-press has-----separate aluminum slugs that stack into the cylinder for different loads.
That allows maximum flexibility for all situations!
I prefer squishing everything in a bag, I agree with @JCat findings that the bag provides a functional advantage, it causes the puck to stay restricted which increases the PSI at the load and prevents pucks from "pancaking" out.

Dabpress had a pre-press like that, I prefer the one piece though.

If we can heat up the pre press mold with PID controller box. And insert 1-3g material into pre press mold for pressing? is that okay?

In fact, I am thinking of it for a long time. It make sense, but only concentrate less 3g materials.

Last edited:

farmerpalmersnt

I agree in principle, and am a relatively recent bagless convert. I find that if you press progressively the pancaking does not happen and in fact my pucks now come out only fractionally bigger than the pre press, and are actually often smaller than when I used bags, I don't get blowouts or contaminants... In my experience the rosin stops flowing well before those pressures. As per my test press above I had no pancaking at all until I crushed the life out of it as a test, rosin had stopped well before that.

It takes practice but in my opinion well worth it in terms of yield, mess, expense and nylon waste to landfill. Each to there own however, and I can see why you opt for them - it just suits me better without. Its interesting that everyone develops there own style of pressing in terms of duration, temperature and stages of pressure.

If we can heat up the pre press mold with PID controller box. And insert 1-3g material into pre press mold for pressing? is that okay?

In fact, I am thinking of it for a long time. It make sense, but only concentrate less 3g materials.

I have tried this and find heat or too much pressure at the pre press stage tends to reduce yield. I'm guessing it kind of cements the rosin in or reduces RH. I have always figured it is the steam pressure from the RH that helps drive the rosin out, so perhaps this is lost. Or maybe I just haven't experimented with it enough or it doesn't suit my style of pressing.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
orjdj7.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving Dabpress friends and FC family! This has been a great year for Dabpress, and I hope also our customers. We really appreciate your business and patience while dealing with this small company growing to serve the world.

As many of you know our Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale is for 10% off orders of $399 or more, so this would include all of our AIO units (bj3t33, bj3t33 pro, bj6t35, hr10t35v). Our plate kits and caged kits likely won't come in under the $399 mark without adding on a few accessories and tools.

Some quick holiday pricing on common AIO presses and accessories to help you decide in your purchase. This pricing is good through the end of this month when using coupon code DABPRESS-10 during checkout -

$38.70 - pm4007s - 2x4" Rectangle Pre-press mold for 10-14g+ buds

$18 - bt37n24 - 2x4" 25pc 37u nylon filters for Hash/Sift

$18 - bt90n24 - 2x4" 25pc 90u nylon filters for Buds (also works with cylinder pre-press)

$33.33 - dt1 - Bamboo case with silicone mat, tools for collecting, silicone containers

$404 - bj3t33 - 3-ton drip tech Rosin Press bundle that includes cylinder pre-press mold and 40pc 160u filters (Choose bundle option on product page) - Well suited to <7g buds or <10g hash

$440 - bj3t33 pro - 3-ton drip tech Pro Rosin Press bundle that includes cylinder pre-press mold and 40pc 160u filters (Choose bundle option on product page) - Well suited to <7g buds or <10g hash

$450 - bj6t35 - 6-ton Rosin Press bundle that includes cylinder pre-press mold, 40pc 160u filters, and the dab toolkit (Choose bundle option on product page) - Well suited to <14g buds or <21g hash

$449* - hr10t35v - 10-ton drip tech Rosin Press, for limited time FC members get pre-press mold and filters as release promo through Nov 30th 2018. **** $80 - Required Strongway Pump with gauge sold separately from Amazon or Northern Tool and Equipment (this pump is generally sent ground which may take longer in transit than the press) - Well suited to <21g buds or <28g hash

We hope you'll choose our model that is right for your budget!

Last edited:

dirtpie

@psychonaut I just saw you post that FC members get a promotional offer on top of the 10 percent off sale for the hr10t35v which is very nice.

How do we go about redeeming the prepress and filters FC promotion when ordering the hr10t35v off of dabpress.com and using their discount for the holidays?

I'm waiting on one thing to come through tomorrow and am going to purchase the hr10t35v on Sunday. With the filters and prepess on top of the 10 percent off it's a no brainier to get this even with buying the pump too!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
@psychonaut I just saw you post that FC members get a promotional offer on top of the 10 percent off sale for the hr10t35v which is very nice.

How do we go about redeeming the prepress and filters FC promotion when ordering the hr10t35v off of dabpress.com and using their discount for the holidays?

I'm waiting on one thing to come through tomorrow and am going to purchase the hr10t35v on Sunday. With the filters and prepess on top of the 10 percent off it's a no brainier to get this even with buying the pump too!

Thank you, please PM me or @dabpress.com your order # and we'll bundle the promo items!

vapmanjoe

I just ordered a bj3t33 bundle. I'm very exited and looking forward making my own rosin without misusing a hair straightener. Thanks everyone in this thread sharing their experiences.
Happy Thanksgiving to my US fellows

Edit: short question to others ordering from EU, what is your experience with customs, someone heard about any issues?

Last edited:

its420dude!

Ah the dabpress arrived yesterday and what a beast! Lovely bit of kit! Super heavy and strong, well built from what I can tell. Like farmer used it on some year old stuff in a back jar and I was pleasantly surprised. The machine is easy to work, the handpump in the UK link works fine. I will get a video done in a few weeks once I find some product to squish!

#kidinacandystore

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Finally jumped on the dabpress bandwagon this evening, the new hr10t35v is on its way to the U.K. Want to publicly thank @psychonaut for his fantastic customer service and patience with my inane questioning about this and that.

Anyway thanks brother for everything and thanks to @dabpress.com roger as well for making home pressing medicine possible :).

Congratulations! Glad I could help answer questions. Enjoy your pressing time =)

I just ordered a bj3t33 bundle. I'm very exited and looking forward making my own rosin without misusing a hair straightener. Thanks everyone in this thread sharing their experiences.
Happy Thanksgiving to my US fellows

Edit: short question to others ordering from EU, what is your experience with customs, someone heard about any issues?

Many thanks and congratulations on your personal rosin press! Hopefully one of our customers from EU will be able to provide their experience for you.

Ah the dabpress arrived yesterday and what a beast! Lovely bit of kit! Super heavy and strong, well built from what I can tell. Like farmer used it on some year old stuff in a back jar and I was pleasantly surprised. The machine is easy to work, the handpump in the UK link works fine. I will get a video done in a few weeks once I find some product to squish!

#kidinacandystore

Great news! I saw when your unit hit Germany and was surprised that it was delivered that same day! What are your thoughts on the pump? Is that the big red brand? Enjoy your presses!

Really happy that hand pump pairs well with it @its420dude! both me and @psychonaut assumed it would but you never do know until you try it in reality :)

Such great news for european rosineers! Welcome to the revolution :smug:

VAPEHUNTER

Alright I’ve been binge reading this thread from page 1 since Wednesday night. Just finished and placed my order for a “dp-hr10t35v” :rockon:
Can’t wait to join the discussion here.

I believe this will be quite a step up from my Joel W plates I’ve been using. Not they the Joel W plate are bad but only being able to press .5G at a time can be very time consuming.

Happy squishing FC!!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I'm in!

Order placed. Never done traits before so I'm literally jumping into the deep end.

Went for the dp-hr10t35v, way over specced for my needs but I figured that gives me plenty of head room should my needs change. I can see some friends wanting to get some squishes done as well so it'll see some use.

Thanks to @farmerpalmersnt for your vid and feedback. It really helped me and thanks to @psychonaut as well for putting all the links up for the pump.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Wow, glad to see all you new faces in here and thank you for your purchases! I'm really excited to see what you all think about this lil powerhouse! :leaf::leaf::leaf:

Dear @psychonaut, All FC friends,

Thank you all! Happy Friday!

I got the response from @psychonaut and other friends, you guys want bundle order for dp-hr10t35v.

What kind of bundle do you want?

1 x hp-hr10t35v
1 x 90 micron bags
1 2x4 mold

or

1 x dp-hr10t35v
1 x 120 micron bags
1 x aluminum cylinder mold

Well noted, when you pick the bundle order, you can't use COUPON CODE any more. It only accepts one coupon code at a time to shopify system.

Best regards,

Roger

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Ok @Abysmal Vapor I've done a test run with a filter but no parchment and I can say that it does indeed work, and the rosin that was left on the plates was not a horrible waste, but waste none the less. Now that I'm confident in the method I'll do a video to show it, and with more material.

Driptech is a great method, but it is going to benefit from some changes to traditional upright pressing techniques. The bottle tech method using the cylinder mold is a great pairing with driptech as the rosin doesn't have to try and travel around a massive rectangle puck. Placement of the puck is pretty crucial. Placing the puck close to the edge of the plates will move the rosin that much closer to leaving the plates, with gravity assiting in it's direction of flow. It still takes time for the rosin to reach the edge of the plates, and the more closed the plates are, the more rosin will collect at the mouth of the plates waiting to build up enough weight to drip to the collection plate below. My 3.5g run I just did had normal yields, about 90% of the rosin dripped to the mat below. Cleanup was not easy so waste is gonna happen here. Perhaps some hemp fiber to try and soak up leftover oil then vape in a vapcap or something similar? Silicon spatula squeegie was slightly effective. Wiped the plates down with kitchen disinfecting wipes afterwards and plates were like new.

I've also done 2 other squishes with 10g using both 2x4" rectangle and 40mm cylinder, but with parchment. The cylinder performed the best, both seemed to hang on to rosin on the folded paper towards the back of the plates so it may make a case for pressing without paper? Many more experiments to come :science:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
For Amazon customers, we are currently running coupons on most of our products. Search "Dabpress" on Amazon to find our listings.

https://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=dabpress

bj3t33 - 3-ton driptech AIO Rosin Press $20 coupon
bj6t35 - 6-ton H-frame AIO Rosin Press $40 coupon
rp37 - 3x7" Caged Plates $30 coupon
pm3015r - Cylinder pre-press mold for <7g $10 coupon
bt160ns - 40pc 160u 2x4" rosin filters $10 coupon
etc.

Have a great weekend FC!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I need a proper squeegie not a silicone spatula, there were a good 2-3 dabs worth left on the plates.

Roger @dabpress.com what do you think? Plate squeegie for paperless rosineers?

Hope is today to get some videos made. Also I'm in the process of getting the calculations so we can identify the PSI on the puck itself, not just the PSI measured on the pump's gauge (it's not the same PSI)

So far with my initial tests it seems to be similar to the hr10t35 cylinder as far as PSI readings go, but I think it's a little higher actually as I was getting some bleed through in my parchment moreso at the same PSI on the hr10t35v cylinder vs the hr10t35.

Top Bottom