• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dabpress Rosin Plates

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Thank you!
So it is a trend to build own hydraulic rosin press. It is durable , professional , high yield and money saving!
If not, we have to pay more for shipping charge.
;)

dabpress.com,

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
It is a trend to build own hydraulic rosin press- Professional, high yield, money saving!
Because if buying a desk hydraulic rosin press, we have to pay a lot of shipping charge on it.
Tens of pressing, we realize we have saved money finally.

Thank you for your share.

dabpress.com,
Reactions: psychonaut

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Saves a lot of money. That's the reason I got into squishing rosin to begin with. Doing bubble hash and sift is fun but it takes time and is a lot of work. Squishing buds into rosin is quick and very effective. Not to mention, no solvents. This is a big part of why we love rosin so much.

My squish with medical cannabis cost $13/gr for rosin when buying ounces of flower at a time at $90. To buy rosin from the caregiver, it is $35/gr on the cheap end. Nearly 1/3 the price to squish your own medicine with a DIY rosin press. I would assume you could easily pay for the unit over the course of 16 grams of rosin from squished flowers vs buying rosin outright. Thats a couple months of medicine for a lot of patients.

I am preheating about 30 mins, I think it helps to insure the plates are fully saturated. Also, it seems the PID is more accurate than I thought, it reads nearly spot on, maybe 2-3F off in either direction depending where you check the temperature on the plates.

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Because of my excitement and initial impression approach to my review, I felt it necessary to do a follow-up review which is now a week later. I've done a number of squishes at varying temperatures yet have just barely begun to scratch the surface of rosin tech! Here's the follow-up, it addresses the power cord connectors and interchangeability with enails (it is not), some praise and discussion about insulation with your press.

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
About insulation, we have delivered a piece of bamboo block in the package. Put it under the press, It can reduce heat insulation.
dp-rp35s is finished now.( it is a caged/cube kit look like dp-rp37) plate size:3x5 inch, smaller than rp37(3x7inch).
@Hogni suggest me try to use FR4 between hot plate and cold plate. Yes, temp will be same after one hour but temp warming up fast. It is good idea, Thank you!

Thank you @psychonaut

Last edited:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Roger, is the anodizing a dual finish such as chromate conversion coating? Do you have information on how thick the anodizing is and what metals are used if it is dual finish?

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Roger, nice to hear that. So is one of the cons called by Psycho in his review done?
Psycho thanks for calling of important points!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
With only a week under belt, there is no major cons. Like all new product, durability is a question we can only answer with time. That being said, I'll report back on longer term use but for now it seems quite solid as expected.

Wish list -

XLR connector/3rd power - for enail connector (1-1000F capable) so you can use your enail while you press. Perhaps this is a big ask, but it would be useful.

Magnetic top and bottom plates to allow paper to be easily attached with magnets to allow proper flow out onto the parchment. Not sure if this is even possible but it would be beneficial.

That is all I can think of now, good day!

psychonaut,
Reactions: Hogni

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
About durability, Temp box is key point.

I will work hard on it , Thank you !

The anodizing thick of plate is 40 micron

dabpress.com,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Still squishing, moved up to 1/8th of an ounce. Still getting great yields, check out this squish at 220F, 24% yield in 160 micron filter bag. Easy medicine, very potent euphoria, not as good of flavor as my 200F presses but worth the extra yield.

Last edited:

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Do you mean the waxes still in the rosin, through a method like winterization?
yes ... dissolve in small amount of ethanol, freeze to solidify the waxes, push through a syringe filter to strain out the wax. i'm still trying to catch up on this tech. i think i want to decarboxylate before i squish.

Hippie Dickie,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
yes ... dissolve in small amount of ethanol, freeze to solidify the waxes, push through a syringe filter to strain out the wax. i'm still trying to catch up on this tech. i think i want to decarboxylate before i squish.

I've decided to just deal with the waxes on the backend as it seems according to the rosin guru's in north america that winterizing the rosin to reduce the waxes will significantly lower your terpene content and leave you with bland tasting rosin, it will likely also be something closer to a shatter, very stable at room temps.

If you plan on using the rosin on a nail, lower temps will allow you to vaporize up all the goodies and leave you behind with a little bit to swab up (waxes, fats and such).

You could try squishing with smaller microns but I dont think this would be the best method as your bags may hold onto too much oil. Another method that would significantly reduce the waxes would be to start out with high quality water hash or dry sift and press that through the bags. Glandular trichome heads will contain less of these waxes and fats.

Hogni

Really? I guess with hash as squishing material you'll have less other inpurities aside waxes and fats for sure. But fats and waxes are part of the trichomes themselves. As I remember right their are mostly sitting in the trichomes skin.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Really? I guess with hash as squishing material you'll have less other inpurities aside waxes and fats for sure. But fats and waxes are part of the trichomes themselves. As I remember right their are mostly sitting in the trichomes skin.

Yes they are but to a higher degree outside of the trichome heads. When you only have trichome heads such as 99% pure 6-star hash, the waxes are at such a small percentage you've reached the purest you can achieve when squishing aside from doing multiple presses to try and fractionate out the crystalline THC.

https://www.icmag.com/modules/Tutorials/Harvesting and Curing/1529.htm

psychonaut,

Hogni

Am I crazy, pal?? Never ever I would squish my precious 6*!! Whatfor??
Dabbing 6* is the most tastiest dab ever. But I've never tried that HT stuff.

Hogni,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Am I crazy, pal?? Never ever I would squish my precious 6*!! Whatfor??
Dabbing 6* is the most tastiest dab ever. But I've never tried that HT stuff.

Some people squish 6-star w/o any heat or filters just between parchment. It sounds crazy but people are doing it. I assume to make it easier to stick to the dabber.

psychonaut,

Hogni

I use a small shovel dabber - works excellent.

Squishing always deminshes content of terpenes at once, terpenes which I can't inhale anymore

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
It's just means to an end, by no means would i suggest to take a pristine product you are able to handle and use well, and then squish! =)

It is just another option that select people might want to use if rosin purity is key. I am not positive how much terpenes are lost, I assume some but if the room temp is 85F and you're pressing hash you're going to lose more terpenes to natural evaporation than if you did it with room temp at 60F. So there may be a way to preserve some of these terpenes that can get lost when the trichomes are burst.

psychonaut,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Here's a squish at 200F with 3.5 grams for 90 seconds in a 160 micron filter, bottle tech. Still trying to improve yields, I think I need a smaller bag for this size load. Was using a 2.5x3.5" filter cut down to size.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Here's my last run using the strongway 12-ton press. I have a dake b-10 on the way which should help with the pressure gauge. Running 7 grams of some killer keep tahoe blue flowers, organic sungrown at 185F on the DP-RP37 kit. Great yields, this is more of an informative video for those who are wanting to watch the process from start to finish from a 1st person perspective.

Terpy home-made solventless dabs in under 18 minutes folks, if you aren't pressing rosin yet, you gotta get on this tek!

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
what if pressing with micro 90 rosin bag, it helps yield?

I would like to try a 120 micron bag, so far I have only experimented with 160 micron but it seems even that steals some yield compared to squishing colas. 90 micron can be interesting to test as well.

psychonaut,
Top Bottom