• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dabpress Rosin Plates

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Having issues packing this up without disconnecting at least the pump.

What is the best place to make this disconnection? Directly out of the strongway pump, or at the cable to base of press connection?

Looks like DabPress has done some rebranding on the 10t and has new lines. Hope those of you that have been waiting can finally get your hands on one!!

FlyingLow,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
What is the best place to make this disconnection?
Mine only has the quick connect at the ram.
Latest press,
1656160019121-jpg.37873

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Let off the pressure (open the jaws) then,

I have also been looking for something to catch my bubble hash rosin when I driptech, found these but a rectangle version would be better, any recommendations?
rBVa4V_4IeKAMP9kAAGSLm9RzHk124.jpg

I might just try directional flow folded paper again with just a lean instead of full-tilt as normal driptech causes a waterfall effect.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
@LesPlenty are you wanting something just to catch the drippings or do you want to also use it for storage?
Both, I will press into it and then consume it from the same.
I have a few of those mats you linked, I actually use one with a silicon puck on top and move the puck left and right to catch drips as they fall (opposite objective to Space Invaders). Any missed blobs land on the silicone mat but they are a pain to collect runny rosin from unless refrigerated first.
I am just trying to make things a little easier with less handling.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Les, can you explain the differences in the brands DP now offers?
Haha, I am only a company rep for XVAPE but I think the different variations here are just the same gear as Dabpress just sold by different vendors...a bit like how TopGreen makes vapes for XVAPE and XMAX...variations to suit what the vendor wants from simple tweaks like only a name change to completely different designs that may contain similar internals.

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Ramahs

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
This is written at the top of the dabpress and lukpress product pages:
All bottle jack styled rosin presses, DIY rosin press plates kits, pollen tumber, terp sauce plate still be available with Dabpress. Lukpress is focusing on hydraulic cyilnder rosin press machines and hydraulic hand pump.
The rositek stuff which is labeled 'high-end brand of dabpress' seem like entry level presses.

bizwaxzion,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Bottle tech was limiting me to 5g pucks, or two 5g pucks at a time which was a bit fiddly and required a bit of mindfulness, but I was getting good results using 2x4 bags.

In an effort to make things easier on myself, I got the larger pre press and moved up to 2.5x4.5 bags so that I could do 10g in one puck, also bottle tech. I NEVER found good results with this combo and always had a blowout, sometimes minimal and sometimes it would all go to shit, but never did it come out perfect.

After trying several different companies on bags, I gave up on the 2.5x4.5 bottle tech and got a 2x4 mold from DP, it looks like it is on a tremendous sale right now... if you are considering, now is the time to pick this up: https://www.dabpress.com/products/dp-pm4007?variant=19756805783625

You put the included plastic plate on the bottom of the pre mold, load with material, and put another plastic plate on top before pressing. The puck comes out of the mold sandwiched between the two plastic plates, and you slide the whole sandwich into a 2x4 bag. I am using 160 and 120 for my current material. A small squeeze against the side of the filter bag and the plastic plates release from your puck and slide right out. I tuck in the end, no special folds, and press.

No worry about a 10g rectangle puck fitting on the plates, it could fit a 30g rectangle puck there is so much space. After the press, I am blown away by seeing NO stress on the bag and seams. I am taking it to what I think are ridiculous pressures, even took it up to 4000 on the gauge just for the hell of it on trim. NO stress at all, nowhere near blowing out.

Efficiency might be down a little bit, but not enough for me to care. I could always go back, fold my pucks and do a second press (but unlikely). The ease of handling and making these rectangle pucks, versus bottle tech, has stollen me to the rectangle side... and not that bottle tech is difficult, but IMO the whole process is just easier and my flow faster and more efficient when I use the rectangle.

I admit, I wonder if I am doing it "wrong". I seem to be the only person on many many threads, that has abandoned bottle tech for rectangle pucks when pressing flower.
bottletech is way too time consuming honestly

did you find going from bottletech to rectangular made a huge difference on yield?

youknowyou87,

LesPlenty

Company Rep
bottletech is way too time consuming honestly
Might be ok up to 7g but my 15g pucks don't take too long to prepare and any larger loads would be a pain without a prepress puck...or 2 at a time(I have done up to 2x 25g pucks at once). :2c:

LesPlenty,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I certainly appreciate the convenience of the rectangle prepress and process- it is no doubt easier to handle and faster, and I still tend to use this if pressing more than 10g at once. BUT for 10g or under, I always opt for dual 5g bottles. Your mileage may vary, but I do see a slight drop in yield on the rectangle versus cylinder.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Are you putting your prepress in a vice?
I cannot imagine condensing 25g in one bottle and still fitting it between the gap between my plates.

I've done 10per bottle, but experience more blowouts when I push it. For over 10, I'd just rather use the rectangle prepress, slide it into a bag and go. It just has an easy factor.

Do you have any videos showing your staging, pressing and bagging before a press?
I know I've still got lots to learn!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
I figured that must be the only way... I look forward to further experimentation!

Knowing you have access to the full DP lineup, I am curious which one you prefer using? Is there one model you use more than others?

somerandomguy1

Hey all. I just got a 10ton press with the 20ton CP-700 pump since the 10ton was sold out. I hooked everything up tight, followed the bleed instructions, and yet the pump just won't build pressure at all. I've tried bleeding it 20 different times / ways. I've tried it connected to the press and disconnected. I can't seem to get this thing to work at all. Any ideas? I looked inside at the oil level. It seems to come up to the fill nut (halfway up the pump). I'm very confused and Dabpress seems to be not super responsive...

Okla68

That Sucks....Ive got the 10 ton unit with the 12 ton pump. Its a friends, he used it a cpl times over a few months...I kept bugging him to let me use it if he wasnt going to...thats been 1 1/2+ years now, I see him every cpl weeks and Never Once has he said anything about it, lol...Scares me that he'll go "oh yeah, Ive been needing that back !! GULP !!!
This one came already assembled, so...?
This one also has a Gauge that reads 500 or 1,000(I forget which) that Ive not been able to 0 adjust, as I press by Feel and Look anyway. Theres a cpl folk in here that Press...GOOD LUCK !

Okla68,

SquirrelMaster

Hey all. I just got a 10ton press with the 20ton CP-700 pump since the 10ton was sold out. I hooked everything up tight, followed the bleed instructions, and yet the pump just won't build pressure at all. I've tried bleeding it 20 different times / ways. I've tried it connected to the press and disconnected. I can't seem to get this thing to work at all. Any ideas? I looked inside at the oil level. It seems to come up to the fill nut (halfway up the pump). I'm very confused and Dabpress seems to be not super responsive...
I have that press but with the 12 ton pump and my setup went smooth as butter. Sorry to hear your setup is not. You might want to check out the 420vapezone discord, maybe someone there had an idea.

That's the downside of buying from a company overseas, communication is never as good. Pricing makes up for it at least.

Top Bottom