• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gear Dab Tools, Dabbers, Glass, Titanium, Quartz, various shapes ?

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Hello dabbers

I just am discovering dabbing slowly. Compared to most I am a micro-dabber, I guess.
As I do not have dabbable material often, I prefer being economical, if possible.
I already found out that I do not specially like the taste when I dab off Ti surfaces.

Now I am reading everywhere about Titanium Dabbers, Dab Tools, whatever the things are called you guys use to put the dab in the dish or banger or whatever.

I wonder what you prefer to use as dab tool and why?

Here is what I tried up to now:
(well have to figure out the picture thing first, lol)

pointy Glass (Chinese glass/quartz carb cap/dabber): I did not like to watch the dab travel away from the dish. The whole tip was full of dab after the dab.

Titanium flat rectangular shape (Ti carb cap/dabber combo): Seems to work ok but also quite a bit of dab on the tool. Travels up.

Ti ball point shaped keyring dabber (came free with glass i bought): A bit short and the ball a bit big for me. but the ball point seems to work good. relatively little residue left on the tool. Travels more down than up.

Little knife (For example my mini swiss army dabber): works fine. Also good to collect rosin. Can be taken along in the pocket. Opens packages and cuts food if the dabs got big because of the size of the dabber. Travels also up.

Stainless Steel Needle (with small SS pinheads) like these:
SSPinsSizes.jpg

so economic, the dab melts and glides down in the dish (Travels down). Little residue left on the needle. Easy to micro dab.
It is probably less healthy than Ti, if that makes any difference. Probably does not work good for big dabs. I don't know.

What I use most is a simple stainless steel needle that I use upside down. I stick it into a Q-tip or a piece of wood and use the needle pinhead to get mini dabs from parchment paper or vial without pushing holes or scratching.
You can also use it like a knife to cut a little edge off a small slab.

or the pro version you use a lead holder as handle and the ss needle with the head sticking out. It can easily be changed (100 needles cost a couple dollars) and the length adjusted to your needs.

The q-tip ss needle dabber is a cheap version and is multi functional :p

Edit: added travel direction, corrections and merged posts

edit: I hope this is the right place for this question

Last edited:
Sick Vape,
Reactions: Hogni

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Looks like a good find @Ramahs.

Did you get to try Ti dabbers? Do you find there is a remarkable difference between Ti and SS in the use, beside the health aspect?

Here my dabber collection.
The ghetto ebony wood stainless steel needle one gets used most. I prefer to shorten the needle a little so it is less springy.
The one on the Plenty brush is a little too long for my taste. Maybe I'll drill a deeper hole or shorten the needle someday.
DSC-5289-Dx-O.jpg

Last edited:
Sick Vape,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Sick Vape great idea for a thread! I’ve not seen this topic before and like you, I’ve wondered what the advantages of the various materials and also about the different tip profiles. I’m personally most interested in what’s best for working with rosin since that will most likely be my only option.

But also just curious what the gals & guys here who have tried absolutely everything, and having spared no expense, decided is their very favourite dab tool to use on a daily basis? That’s what I want to know.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
I had to learn, that it depends alot on what consistency product you dab.

Pure CBD crystals are relatively difficult do dose with a needle pin, but works with a spoon shape. Something very runny is completely different.

So, know what you dab and choose wisely.

Sick Vape,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

mixchu69

Looks like a good find @Ramahs.

Did you get to try Ti dabbers? Do you find there is a remarkable difference between Ti and SS in the use, beside the health aspect?

Here my dabber collection.
The ghetto ebony wood stainless steel needle one gets used most. I prefer to shorten the needle a little so it is less springy.
The one on the Plenty brush is a little too long for my taste. Maybe I'll drill a deeper hole or shorten the needle someday.
DSC-5289-Dx-O.jpg
why not use the glass dabber at the very top? I usually use a glass dabber for everything other than crystalline

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Last edited:
Top Bottom