• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Dab sizes: BB, rice grain, etc. how big are they?

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Hello fellow dabbers,

I often read suggestions for dab sizes for different dab apparatuses, like rice grain or "BB" sized.
While I get about how big a rice grain (uncle ben's, sticky rice, risotto rice, etc.) is, I somehow never got what "BB sized" is.
I googled BB sized and found explanations about BB originating from birdshot bullets for guns, especially airguns.
They say a BB bullet is roughly around 4.6mm/0.180in in diameter.

So is this correct? Is a BB sized dab a glob of around 4.6mm in diameter?
Or does it just mean BaBy sized dab?
Or is it BasketBall sized,lol?

Sorry for the dumb question, but not being of english language or american culture, I may miss something.
Thanks.

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
bigstock-BB-Hand-24076250.jpg

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Pew, Pew, also used in shotgun cartridges (a lot more and a lot faster than an airgun)
I find referring to certain terp ball diameter a better item for comparison for dab sizes as more people here would relate to that, down to 3mm at least (peak balls), 4.0mm Dnail Boro Comets, 4.7mm DNail Quartz and SiC Comets, 5 and 6mm ruby balls etc.:myday:

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
Pew, Pew, also used in shotgun cartridges (a lot more and a lot faster than an airgun)
I find referring to certain terp ball diameter a better item for comparison for dab sizes as more people here would relate to that, down to 3mm at least (peak balls), 4.0mm Dnail Boro Comets, 4.7mm DNail Quartz and SiC Comets, 5 and 6mm ruby balls etc.:myday:
Yes, I think it is a good and somehow funny idea for terp ball users and FC readers. :D

But from what I saw on youtube on some "cough-logs", terp balls seem not yet that widespread. Maybe there are more on instagram.

Sick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty

MuushuPork

I would go as small as you can. I have been at it for years and still don't need more than a tiny piece. Im talkin 1.5 mm. Sometimes you go bigger for specific reasons but in general I keep it tiny and get lit every time.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
No worries, I agree. I have no intention to up my tolerance unnecessarily and see no appeal in those huge 0.5g or 1g dabs.
When circumstances allow, I prefer dabs that I can ideally finish in 1 draw or 3.

I only see advantages for bigger loads for pens and such, when you do not want to reload in between draws. Makes it more discreet around people and less work.

Sick Vape

Solar Dabs
With shatter, it's very easy to dose accurately to within about ~5mg. Just weigh your shatter, roll it into a tube and divide it until you get the size you want.

Some ~20mg doses:
PKDabs.jpg
Very nice. That is a great idea! And a cool container for that.:tup:
I also often find it easier to dose good extracts precisely than flower. Sometimes small flowers are less potent than the big ones.
Most often I think I had stickier stuff than you. What I did, is to press it very, very thin between some parchment paper and after i could cut small similar pieces to dab.
Not as good as your idea, especially for on the go, but I can go so small that my balance cannot weight it.

Sick Vape,
Reactions: LesPlenty
Top Bottom