Da Buddha

Beezleb

I would probably send the heater cover but clean it first. I wouldnt be overly worried about it. I would not send it in with the whip/wand though.

Beezleb,

isis

No doubt. My wand is already glazed in a gorgeous layer of honey...

isis,

Pappy

shmaporist
@ isis > Good luck!
@ skeletonlips > Thanks... Still getting my vape legs under me. :p I'm getting about 5 hits on a 1/3 inch wand fill. Seems about right. I'd estimate that's about .25 of a gram.

Pappy,

greenganja

freeman dyson said:
anyone ever bought one of the ice chambers or water fillers? or know a place to get them cheaper than what 7th floor is selling them?
Most headshops sell a glass on glass adapter. They usually come in 14mm & 18mm sizes. Once you have the adapter you can then use any bong or bubbler. I use mine with a Hops inline Jagito bubbler and it works great. You can probably purchase a cheap bubbler or bong with an ice chamber and use that with the glass on glass adapter. The adapter can cost anywhere from 5 dollars to 25 dollars depending on where you purchase.

greenganja,

bcisbomb

nobody221
K so ive had my Buhdda for a while and ive just recently noticed the unit gives off a funny smell: my gf says it smells like when you get hair stuck in a hair dryer? i say it smells like electricity... should i be wooried about hitting it?

bcisbomb,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
I don't own a DBV and have only seen one a few times.. I would say make sure that you didn't get any bud down into the heating element. I know the DBV doesn't have a screen on the other side making it easy for herbs to fall into the heating element. If that's clean, the I would say proceed with caution or stop using. Any DBV owners care to shed some light?

HighSti,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
you could also just be smelling the electricity as well as the heat being given off the heating element. Make sure there is no herb down there, that could also be the culprit.

DevoTheStrange,

isis

Update.

I just received an email from Richard at 7th floor telling me to send it back, postage prepaid. FYI beez, he said NOT to send any used glass pieces because they can't ship them back. My heater cover is soaking in iso right now but I'm just going to protect the ceramic with something else.

isis,

Budmeister

isis said:
Update.

I just received an email from Richard at 7th floor telling me to send it back, postage prepaid. FYI beez, he said NOT to send any used glass pieces because they can't ship them back. My heater cover is soaking in iso right now but I'm just going to protect the ceramic with something else.
You do not really need to worry so much about the heating element while it is within the metal SSV cylinder... The heater cover does not support it...it just covers it and conducts heat .. I would just cover the top of the cylinder before you pack it so nothing drops on the heater.

Too bad you got a bad unit, but I am confident they will get you back in business quickly.

Budmeister,

isis

Budmeister said:
You do not really need to worry so much about the heating element while it is within the metal SSV cylinder... The heater cover does not support it...it just covers it and conducts heat .. I would just cover the top of the cylinder before you pack it so nothing drops on the heater.

Too bad you got a bad unit, but I am confident they will get you back in business quickly.
Thanks for the advice. That is actually what I meant-- I was going to secure some bubble wrap over the top of the cylinder with rubber bands to keep the heating element from breaking in transit and maybe voiding the warranty.

Edit: plus I will ship it in the plush bag. I figure better safe than sorry. My poor Buddha doesn't need to be busted any more than it is already.

isis,

cogz756

Heady Oil head
I have owned a DBV for about a year now.. my friend broke the wand so I ended up getting it for dirt cheap after sitting in his closet for months... just had to buy a wand from the local head shop.. easy cheap vape that works very efficiently... air to smoke ratio isnt the best but if u fuck with the heat and turn it up and down between hoots it works fine with no burnage!:D

cogz756,

Budmeister

cogz756 said:
I have owned a DBV for about a year now.. my friend broke the wand so I ended up getting it for dirt cheap after sitting in his closet for months... just had to buy a wand from the local head shop.. easy cheap vape that works very efficiently... air to smoke ratio isnt the best but if u fuck with the heat and turn it up and down between hoots it works fine with no burnage!:D
Everybody has their own routine and methods, but I am not sure why you would need to turn it up and down between tokes?

Once you get the right sweet-spot at the vaping temperature you should be good to go.. After a few pulls on it you may want to slightly increase the heat to get the some of the higher temp cannabanoids, but not any reason that I see to turn it up and down constantly while using it. However, if this works for you and you don't burn the goodies, more power to ya!

Budmeister,

the electrician

heres an idea, how about putting a 19 to 14mm reducing adapter into the heating cover and using a 14mm wand? you could pack a lot less in and get a much more rewarding hit im sure, thanks to the more restricted airflow increasing the vapor:air ratio

for reference im on about one of these things to be placed in the cover:
il430xn134395351.jpg

you could then sue one of these as a wand:
il430xn130122881.jpg

all you would have to do is put a screen in at the narrowing and attach your tubing

the electrician,

steiner666

Serial vapist
the electrician said:
heres an idea, how about putting a 19 to 14mm reducing adapter into the heating cover and using a 14mm wand? you could pack a lot less in and get a much more rewarding hit im sure, thanks to the more restricted airflow increasing the vapor:air ratio...
If i still had my dbv i would def give that i try, since the heater cover opening being too big was one of my main gripes with the dbv. Although, i think i would try to replace it with a standard silversurfer heatercover and bowl set first, since the ground glass connection just made it a bother to stir IMO.

I think someone should make a dbv upgrade kit, have it include a ssv hc and wand along with a replacement base that gives the dbv the ssv'd downward angle... something like this

dbvbase.jpg

(pick and wand holders on the side were an afterthought)

This would pretty much turn the dbv into a ssv. I'm not sure what the price diff is now days... I'm sure unless this "upgrade kit" was priced really low that a lot of ppl would just buy a ssv instead of a dbv and save themselves the bother, but a lot of dbv owners (self included) dont come to appreciate the advantages to the ssv's design until after using the dbv for a while after they buy it.

steiner666,

GreenWizard

Lubaka
All this sounds complicated to me right now :) :uhoh:
I was thinking bout bying ice chamber for my birthday this month.
Do you find it worh it and could i find a bong i can use the same way with the adapter?
gREETINGs

GreenWizard,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
@steiner666: that stand idea is awesome if implemented im sure present dbv users would be jumping on it as it would give them the advatages the ssv has.

audiodelic,

stinac

the electrician said:
heres an idea, how about putting a 19 to 14mm reducing adapter into the heating cover and using a 14mm wand? you could pack a lot less in and get a much more rewarding hit im sure, thanks to the more restricted airflow increasing the vapor:air ratio

for reference im on about one of these things to be placed in the cover:
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/6590/il430xn134395351.jpg

you could then sue one of these as a wand:
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/9129/il430xn130122881.jpg
all you would have to do is put a screen in at the narrowing and attach your tubing
where can i fount that 19to14mm adapter and mini 14mm wand?

stinac,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Between my dad and I, we have everything needed to make a top notch wood stand/box "dock station" if you will but I suck at thinking up ideas/plans.

Let's do this... throw me some ideas that would be handy in a DBV dock station.

I'd LOVE to know the SSV angle, that would be a good starting point.

There are 2 ways to go about this I was thinking.

1. Replace the bottom plastic stand completely with a slanted wooden base.
2. Create a dock station where the Buddha simply slides into the stand and is then at the correct angle.

Lets toss some ideas around. I'd be willing to start making these for you all if there was demand???

I think there is GREAT potential in the DBV, it just need modded (like anything else) :D

daddygreenjeans,

steiner666

Serial vapist
GreenWizard said:
Yea right , now would you please answer my previous simple question ? :D
The ice chambers on the official dbv/ssv sites? never used one but i wouldnt buy one personally. They''re just as small stemless bong, you slip the hose in the hole and put ice in and thats it, no water. You can get a bong with ice notches/twist and a water adapter for the same price as one of those ice chambers just about, and can choose between using water, ice, or both.

I'd say check out everyonedoesit and grasscity and find a nice bong with a 14/19(18.8)mm ground glass joint and ice notches or whatever. If you're looking at something for a reasonable price, check out the EHLE 250ml's on EDIT or the ~$40 blackleaf perc bongs on GC. I personally wouldnt recommend anything over 18" tall. Then just grab the appropriate sized GonG water adapter from the official 7th flr sites under "Accessories".

steiner666,

MinT

Like steiner666 said you have more options with a small tube w/ice. I have that Ehle 250 and it works well but I find myself using a mini bubbler most of the time. That's just me, I seem to be able to handle it with one hand better than the tube.

MinT,

smoking Joe

GreenWizard said:
All this sounds complicated to me right now :) :uhoh:
I was thinking bout bying ice chamber for my birthday this month.
Do you find it worh it and could i find a bong i can use the same way with the adapter?
gREETINGs
[url]http://ganja4u.com/plants/images/41355616662561433471_thumb.jpg[/url]
I have an ice chamber from the seventh floor and works great! The one I have uses a down stem and looks like the newer ones don't. You can get a bong and a down stem which would be a lot cheaper. Plus the ice chamber filters out any thing that gets pass the screen.:2c:

smoking Joe,

Jens

My DBV finally arrived yesterday :D I'm happy i have it, but i think something is wrong with my heating element or my knob.

When i turn it on, i hear a click. But i only need to turn it to about 9:15 to get at a good temp to vape.
I know that the temps can be a little bit different from vape to vape on DBV. But i only need to turn the knob very slightly to get to a temperature that is hot enough. Could this be because my weed is realy dry? I read about people varying between 11:30 and 13:30, but a 2hr difference would mean a very noticable difference in temperature or not?

How many degrees does your knob need to be turned from the moment it clicked, to get at the right temp to vape?

For example. When my knob would be at off at 6:00 clock, i hear a click at 7:30 and its hot enough to vape on 9:15. If this makes any sense to anyone, is this normal?

I find this odd because the knob is not even at 1/3 of its max temp range and it is already hot. At half of its max combustion has occured already. Could this be due to dry weed?

Jens,

daddygreenjeans

Med Card Holder
Hmmm, sounds faulty to me :(

Mine like yours is off at 6, click at 730 and I vape between 11 and 2.

Hope your able to get this taken care of. It's a great vape

daddygreenjeans,
Top Bottom