Da Buddha

max

Out to lunch
You may just get some moisture burn off. Water vapor is the first to go. If the temp is set high enough, as it is for those who like to hit really hard, you can get some ambient vaporization. The 7th Floor vapes have a very high upper end, unlike some other vapes, like the Extreme (can't combust with that one). If the temp is set low/medium to start, and then raised at the end, no big deal. But some set it high from the start. I think you get more vapor per bowl if you start low and move up, but to each his own.

If you want to test ambient heating at your preferred temp setting, just let it sit a while and then examine the herb. Again, it's only an issue at high temps, but the effect is available with the DBV. Top loaders are often worse-I've used up a few herbalAire bowl loads by forgetting to start the pump after turning the unit on, while vapes with the element above the bowl (the Vapor Snake is a great example) can be left loaded for extended periods. Vapes are a great example for the fact that heat rises. ;)

max,

smartrott

Quick question. I ordered a dbv this morning. After reading this post I may have pulled the trigger a little to fast. I mean that I ordered the dbv with a extra whip direct from 7th floor. Has anyone had any luck with them recently or did I just make a mistake by not ordering elsewhere? thanx

smartrott,

max

Out to lunch
7th Floor ships to retail buyers every day and has been doing so ever since they started selling the SSV. They've had some customer service issues due to growing pains, but there should be no problem in getting your order.

max,

sunsett70

yesterday i tested the arizer dome screen on my dbv (http://www.vaporizerkits.com/products/Arizer-Mesh-Screen-Pack.html). only had to use a pinch, which is nice. got me 3-4 tokes but it was good hits, real nice.

the herb was closer to the hc so i had to turn down the power to around 9-9.30 (my usual sweet range is 11-12.30) and breathe a bit faster than my slow method. also, the dome screen got stuck in the hc once as i pushed it in too hard. So for anyone trying this, i tipped the dbv ala ssv (since i was using a little bit of herb, with the angle of the dbv will be less chance of the herb falling off the dome screen) and softly insert the wand till you feel resistance then operate it non-hands free like a ssv. I will be taking my weekday hits using this method as i think i can conserve a bit, until i can try out a vaporbro mini whip.

i also got a arizer mouthpiece that fits the dbv tubing nicely. i prefer it to the dbv mouthpiece as it is tube shaped and i can hold it like a cigarette. sorry, but am in the mood for some snob behaviour and holding the whip with a cigarette-like stance gives me that. together with a glass of wine. i feel like i'm in some kinda paris cafe.

Can anyone with a dbv, a PD and an arizer mesh dome screen comment on the usage of herb for dbv wand with arizer dome vs PD? i don't have a weight machine so i cannot tell how much 0.025g is but would be an interesting comparison of the efficiency. anyone?

i also ordered n received some herbs like sage, peppermint, blue lily, damiana. interesting mix although personally i think the taste of damiana sucks (maybe in tea form will be better). but mj goes really well with the blue lily, which is unfortunately a bit more pricey than other plants but worth it in my opinion if you want a mix to volume up your dbv bowl. blue lily produces some nice vapor and has a pleasant flowery aroma. if you're lucky, it also has a nice (placebo?) slight but noticeable effect on the groin area. :brow:

finally, my original dbv tubing smells a bit burnt. i think it is from my earlier combustion days. i am having trouble finding medical/food tubing in my country, what can i do to get rid of the smell? is it ok if i soak the tubing in methylated spirit to get rid of the smell and will it work?

sunsett70,

Pappy

shmaporist
sunsett70 said:
yesterday i tested the arizer dome screen on my dbv
Good work. I've been through it all ^. Although I never tried a PD I can assure you DBV will never be as efficient. But it's a fairly efficient vape if you don't hit it with a bong.

Pappy,

illerrre

Really getting the hand of it now and wow this shit is the bomb. Never got so stoned on 0,05 before lol! Sure I haven't eaten in 14 hours, but still. I keep stirring and stirring and it just keeps hitting lol. Great investment.

Gotta ask though, I've had some ash/herb falling down in the glas thing I put the wand in. I turned it upside down and got most of it out, but there's still some in. Does it matter if it's there?

illerrre,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
a little bit falling down doesn't hurt anything and you can get a lot out just by turning upside down and tapping / shaking gently.

that piece comes off if need be, but probably won't have to mess with it too much, unless someone gets a lot in there.

now that you've converted to vaping, there's the world of water filtered vapor, even smoother.

rabblerouser,

sunsett70

can anyone please tell me if it's ok to boil the standard dbv plastic tube to clean it or soak it overnight in ISO? it's getting discolored and there's a slight burnt smell to it.

@illerrre, you could try what rabblerouser said and/or let it cool down and blow it out with a few puffs.

sunsett70,

Nycdeisel

It honestly doesnt pay to even attempt to clean that tubing, its plastic, and if it has a 'burnt' smell, then that will still linger, plastic cant be cleaned like glass can. Just order new tubing(from 7th Floor), I say get about 20' of it(should be less then $20), that will be enough to replace it at least a few times.

Nycdeisel,

UncleJunior

what's the best way to clean the actually ceramic heater after a blow back incident? My girlfriend blew a whole lot of shit into the heater and I cleaned it with a paper towel but I can still smell a slight burning smell when the heaters on.

UncleJunior,

sunsett70

ok, i have tried to use the arizer dome screen on the dbv wand with good (great?) success. As good as the most 'efficient' vape in the market? i don't know, wish i had a digital scale to weigh the amount but it is just a pinch. anyway, i thought that if 1 arizer dome screen was good, then how about 2? so i inserted another dome screen into the original dome screen on the wand which made the bowl even slightly smaller. loaded a tiny amount into the double dome bowl, not even enough for a rasta mouse and got a good 4 hits off it! nice! :)

now i can take small bowl hits with the dome screen, or take big hits using the normal bowl. anyone who wants to try the dome screen please remember to use it NON-hands free (as the dome may get stuck in the hc if you fit the wand in the hc like normal use), turn down the temp (because the herb is much closer to the heating element, i use the minimum power level) and pull medium speed and stir after every hit. also because so little herb is used, don't worry about covering the screen, just pack the herb tight into the bowl like a pancake so the herb won't spill.

@Nycdeisel - i wanted to check if i could recover some tube 'freshness' cause international shipping charges that i was quoted is slightly over usd30, when the cost of the 20ft tubing is just usd14.49, that is ridiculous :mad: and will be my last option. overseas buyers really pay a lot for shipping. maybe i will try boiling the tube with water added with chinese tea, see if that can get the smell off a bit. i'm still searching for local medical tubes. if i can't find, then i'll have to order.

Last edited by a moderator:
sunsett70,

cluffy

Vaker
sunsett70, I have cleaned out the tube on my mini whip. I used a string with a small piece of rag (soaked in iso) tied to it and used a straightened coat hanger to pull it through, then did the same with a wet piece of rag then a dry rag.. It won't get all the taste out but it helps.

cluffy,

stupac60

Hey guys, I didnt want to make a whole new thread so i figured i would put this here.

I recently got my very first vape and i went with da buddha. i was pumped to get it, but idk if it is working at 100%.

I loaded it up close to half way and have it set to around 2. but when i hit i get 1 maybe to nice thick bong like hits, but after that i get 1-3 more little girly hits that barely count as a hit.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

stupac60,

Nycdeisel

Yep, your doing it wrong.

Just follow some simple guidelines:

Grind your herb up so its still a bit chunky, not too fine.
Dont load more then 1/3 of the total space above the screen, ever! it will be too hard to pull.

Turn your dial DOWN, 2 should be the highest you would have to go. SLOWLY work your way up with the dial, start around 12.

You will also need to pull SLOWER, but remember that pulling TOO slow can be bad and cause scorching or even burning!! So pull fairly slow, on a much lower setting, with less bud, and you will get more vapor.

When I say be careful of pulling too slow, work your way DOWN with speed, not up. you dont want the bud to turn too dark, check the color after large hits.

I suggest your first try with small amounts, just enough to cover the screen, about an 1/8 of the total space. Turn your dial DOWN, you shouldnt have to go that high, I wouldnt ever go higher then that but I stick to 12-1

Nycdeisel,

sunsett70

stupac, take it easy when you are experimenting otherwise you may combust the herb, like i did! like nyc said, don't load more than 1/3rd. when i just started using the dbv the power meter went all over the place from 10 to 3 but now i start at around 11 (my 'on' is about 7.30) and instead of turning it up every few tokes, i just use my draw technique so i leave it at 11 (maybe 11.30) all the time. i think it helps to start at low temp and then move up if you choose to. and stir the bowl every few hits. once you get the hang after awhile, you will love it.

@cluffy - thanks!

sunsett70,

Nycdeisel

Could someone please remind me where it is that you can purchase the blemished models that are from 7th Floor? the ones that come with everything but are the blemished models.

Someone please link me, thanks!

Nycdeisel,

Ash057

7th Floor Ebay Store! http://stores.ebay.com/Higher-Elevations-SSV
The blemished units come with everything except the travel bag I think ( can buy seperate)
Nycdeisel said:
Could someone please remind me where it is that you can purchase the blemished models that are from 7th Floor? the ones that come with everything but are the blemished models.

Someone please link me, thanks!

Ash057,

cluffy

Vaker
Ok, check this out. If you want precision temperature setting benchmarks the Kill-a-Watt works great! I thought about getting an infrared thermometer but what a pain to have to point and shoot! I plugged Da Buddha into the Kill-a-Watt and my normal setting reads 18 watts. Just turning the knob a hair changes the watt draw by one. WALA! Da Buddha goes digital!!! Kill-a-watt electricity meter can be had for around 20 bucks and it's handy for making sure things that are turned off aren't drawing juice, and checking for energy hogs.

Not that I had trouble getting the right temp, it's just cool to see a number... :-P

CHEERS!

cluffy,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Hi guys. I'm hoping for a little advice from the experts here. I've read thread after thread about the best vapes and I decided to buy a DBV as it was such a good vape and not a bad price. It arrived at the weekend and I set about trying to get used to it (used a couple of other vapes before but this was my first whip-style). I love the hit you get from a loaded bowl but the BIG problem I have is that I seem to be using huge amounts of herb with this DBV and no matter what I do I can't seem to reduce the quantity and get a good vape.

I was wondering if there was anyway to buy a smaller bowl or if anyone had tips on how to get the best from small amounts of herb. As it stands at the moment, I can see this DBV being replaced with something a little bit more efficient very soon (such as a PD. Is there anything else as efficient as the PD? because I am struggling to find a PD in the UK) which I really don't want to do because I really like the DBV because it is a quality product.... but it is going to increase my herb costs massively.

Please help! ;)

nuvap,

Zodiac

Hello; I am new to this forum.

I have a DBV, and, I have an identical problem to Uncle Junior above; I would send photos, but, they would be basically the same as his. I put the metal color around the element base, it felt loose, so, I placed the rectangular piece inside of the collar, which made it fit better, but, in general, the DBV is not working as well as it once did. Can anyone help?

thanks

Zodiac,

Earths Essence

nuvap said:
Hi guys. I'm hoping for a little advice from the experts here. I've read thread after thread about the best vapes and I decided to buy a DBV as it was such a good vape and not a bad price. It arrived at the weekend and I set about trying to get used to it (used a couple of other vapes before but this was my first whip-style). I love the hit you get from a loaded bowl but the BIG problem I have is that I seem to be using huge amounts of herb with this DBV and no matter what I do I can't seem to reduce the quantity and get a good vape.

I was wondering if there was anyway to buy a smaller bowl or if anyone had tips on how to get the best from small amounts of herb. As it stands at the moment, I can see this DBV being replaced with something a little bit more efficient very soon (such as a PD. Is there anything else as efficient as the PD? because I am struggling to find a PD in the UK) which I really don't want to do because I really like the DBV because it is a quality product.... but it is going to increase my herb costs massively.

Please help! ;)

You just need to get the hang of it. Pack 1/2 of .1, which is .05, thats only two PD stems. Start atr 11 and work your way up. One thing a lot of people don't realize is that when you first put the wand in at 11, it doesn't start hitting right away. That is because you have to let the wand heat up too, kinda like how some people heat their PD stems up for a few seconds before hitting. Also, the DBV creats massive hits, which I would bet you're just blowing out right away to see how nice the clouds look. Just forget about that and really take the time to fully inhale your vapor hits, maybe 10-15 seconds. It does use more herb than the PD, but IMHO I think that it is worth it to have an adjustable temp. Anyway, you're still saving WAY more than you would be with combustion!

Earths Essence,
Top Bottom