Customized vape setups

Nycdeisel

No, you dont have to purchase anything extra. However, since its such a short piece,you will probably want the short stems, called Whip Rippers.

Nycdeisel,

stinkmeaner

That is a solid tube, they also make a great showerhead down stem as Nycdeisel said, it would be wise to upgrade to that if you can swing it.

stinkmeaner,

Nycdeisel

Yup thats it :)

its a great little tube(when I say little, I mean it) and packs a punch. Def upgrade to the showerhead downstem for $10 more, coming to $60 with shipping. They actually make good quality showerhead downstems! I would for sure snag another for my bigger tubes if I started using them more often :p

Like I said, assuming that the WDZ stems are similar to those of the PD or MZ, then yes, its all ready to go. the stems fit directly into a 14mm.

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Since we're on an SSFG jag I'm slightly sad to report my Sawed-off 12" beaker is on its way to a new home in Boston. Glass collectors are traders by nature and there's no better place than Boro Market to meet like minded folks.

So, I'm down to a very manageable 3 pipes now, none of which -- or all of which -- are my favorite! :D One thing I know for a fact. There will be multiple new SSFG's in my future.

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

I hope its going to a good home :D
I like your current family quite a lot, what SSFG pieces are you planning on getting? custom stuff?

Nycdeisel,

Pappy

shmaporist
Nycdeisel said:
I hope its going to a good home :D
I like your current family quite a lot, what SSFG pieces are you planning on getting? custom stuff?
Thanks! Goin' to Beantown. :lol:
Stuff ain't yet been done. ;)

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

What am I thinking, of course you will have Ray craft some awesome piece for you! Do you have any idea when hes going to start taking custom orders again?>

Nycdeisel,

Snafu

so pappy are you saying you didnt mark the ssfg tube as sold in the sale thread? i just messaged you about it :) would be nice to get the people that are selling stuff to mark what is sold when it sales :)

Snafu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Snafu said:
so pappy are you saying you didnt mark the ssfg tube as sold in the sale thread? i just messaged you about it :) be nice to get the people that are selling stuff to mark what is sold when it sales :)
I did! We must've crossed paths.

Pappy,

Snafu

Pappy said:
Snafu said:
so pappy are you saying you didnt mark the ssfg tube as sold in the sale thread? i just messaged you about it :) be nice to get the people that are selling stuff to mark what is sold when it sales :)
I did! We must've crossed paths.

no worries sorry i wasnt pissing about you not marking it just a few things i asked about that seemed to be for sale werent but still appearing to be forsale :) i am in the market if you have another tube laying around similar to that :)

Snafu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Everybody got horror stories but talk about a beautiful diffy -- look what Glasstafarian just sent. :)
A gridded slit diffy... I never even seen one!
web.jpg

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Hmmm... Now I am thinking of getting one of those SSFG tubes. Looks like it would be a nice addition to my bubbler, and a good price to boot.

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I emailed SSFG this morning and asked about getting a showerhead upgrade and shipping. I also asked if these were available now (as opposed to having to make them) and how long I might expect it to take to get to RI.

Anyone here have any idea on these questions. I would order one right now if I knew it would get to me in a reasonable time frame...

Tstat,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Damn, I hate it when this happens. From Ray at SSFG:

"sorry not taking any orders cause of technecial issuse, should be reopend in 2-3 weeks.....Ray"

I had my mind made up, and was going to order this today. Now I foresee myself driving around like an idiot looking for nice tube for under $100. I know this is near impossible since I only want clear (no label, etc.), American made, heavy glass. I went through this when I ended up buying the L. Wilson. I spent more than my budget, but also got something far superior to anything I could have gotten locally.

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Beautiful photbooth! Know you'll love it. Ray just got some new machines and he has to get up and running.
My main Mac is in shop so I'm working on portable. Here's the gridded slit diffy.
web.jpg

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, against my better judgement, I drove up to the city and to my favorite shop. Here is what I bought:
img2835o.jpg

It's a HVY with a diffused stem (he upgraded it for me for free). It only cost $65 and is 11 inches tall. They also had HVY straight tubes for $55. I just tried it out with the Q. I love it, it's much different than my bubbler. It hits with very little drag and bubbles up nicely. The vapor is cooled down quite a bit with the ice and larger reservoir of water.

So, I am psyched. I only buy clear glass for vaping, and I don't like labels- so this fit the bill and seems pretty quality. Here is a closeup of the downstem:
img2836g.jpg

Tstat,
Top Bottom