Customized vape setups

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks everyone. His tubes have a "layback or goblet stand". What is a layback?
Is there anything else I should request, even for more money, that would make a big difference in performance and enjoyment?

Tstat,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Is there anything else I should request, even for more money, that would make a big difference in performance and enjoyment?
Tripod style... Tube lies on feet. Meh
He did a hollow foot stand for me I love. Slightly different from goblet.
Sovereignty style.
il_570xN.201879738.jpg

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

lay back just means lay down. Instead of standing up on a base it just lays down, I dont really prefer lay backs as I find they take up too much space on my cluttered desk, however it would be hard for a lay back to tip over.

Nycdeisel,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I don't want one that lays down, hehe. I'll probably order this later in the week.

Tstat,

Shiz

I was thinking about getting a Headford inline from Alt to hold me over while I wait for a couple custom pieces. Did a quick check for Luke Wilson stuff at a lhs yesterday and found this. I wonder when it was made.
bubpics3.jpg

bubpics2.jpg

Shiz,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy said:
Tstat said:
Tripod style... Tube lies on feet. Meh
He did a hollow foot stand for me I love. Slightly different from goblet.
Sovereignty style.
il_570xN.201879738.jpg

Just to avoid confusion I am pretty sure that is NOT a hollow foot Pappy......hollow foot means the foot actually holds water.....its like a semi beaker bottom. here are some pics of a Sovereignty Hollow Foot Pillar.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OC513,

Pappy

shmaporist
OC513 said:
Just to avoid confusion I am pretty sure that is NOT a hollow foot Pappy......hollow foot means the foot actually holds water.....its like a semi beaker bottom. here are some pics of a Sovereignty Hollow Foot Pillar.
Thanks for clarification. That's why I posted pic. The base isn't a goblet because a goblet has a ball so I dunno what to call it? A ball-less goblet? :lol:

Pappy,

BL4ZE

Shiz said:
I was thinking about getting a Headford inline from Alt to hold me over while I wait for a couple custom pieces.

Speaking of headford inline's I order'd one about 2 months ago for the same reason. I was looking for a new peice just to hold me over and thought they were neat. I will say the one I got didn't impress me with the quality. It has what looks like a scratch that runs all the way around the inside right before it splits off in the 3 piece splash guard design and has air bubbles prodtruding up and down from it. I'm also wondering if ALT filters their reviews because I've tried on two seperate occasions to leave a review and neither time have they showed up. The only other peice i've bought from them was a SGW showerhead and the quality was great on it.

BL4ZE,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Well, as soon as my auction is over, I will probably order from glasstafarian. I guess I go with the gobblet stand, and that diffuser he offers. Straight, clear glass.

If I had the money, and if it had a 14mm joint I would buy this:
alt_12-21-10-166_1.jpg

Tstat,

OC513

Dabaholic
Pappy said:
OC513 said:
Thanks for clarification. That's why I posted pic. The base isn't a goblet because a goblet has a ball so I dunno what to call it? A ball-less goblet? :lol:
No worries Pappy......just wanted to clear that up.

Tstat said:
Well, as soon as my auction is over, I will probably order from glasstafarian. I guess I go with the gobblet stand, and that diffuser he offers. Straight, clear glass.

If I had the money, and if it had a 14mm joint I would buy this:
alt_12-21-10-166_1.jpg

If you are worried about it having a 14 joint for the PD or any other reason for that matter just get a 18-14 reducer bushing for like $10.....then you can use any piece you want......opens up alot of options.

OC513,

Shiz

BL4ZE said:
Shiz said:
I was thinking about getting a Headford inline from Alt to hold me over while I wait for a couple custom pieces.

Speaking of headford inline's I order'd one about 2 months ago for the same reason. I was looking for a new peice just to hold me over and thought they were neat. I will say the one I got didn't impress me with the quality. It has what looks like a scratch that runs all the way around the inside right before it splits off in the 3 piece splash guard design and has air bubbles prodtruding up and down from it. I'm also wondering if ALT filters their reviews because I've tried on two seperate occasions to leave a review and neither time have they showed up. The only other peice i've bought from them was a SGW showerhead and the quality was great on it.
That's good info all around. All the reviews are glowing so that makes me wonder. Your case is probably rare but who knows.

Water test of the LW inline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJBldBPv1i8

Shiz,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
"flute the stand"... that would make it look like that Ben Wilson stand? It's not like I am in love with a particular stand- as long as it's clear and well made. And yea an 18 to 14 reducer would do the trick. Now if I only had a few hundred bucks... :cool:

Here is the GF tube sample. Again, I would want all clear and no etching.
il_570xN.187111973.jpg

Tstat,

BL4ZE

Shiz said:
BL4ZE said:
Shiz said:

That's good info all around. All the reviews are glowing so that makes me wonder. Your case is probably rare but who knows.

I agree, and believe I just got the worst of the batch. However I don't believe they should filter their reviews if that's what they are doing, I have no proof though.

BL4ZE,

Pappy

shmaporist
BL4ZE said:
However I don't believe they should filter their reviews if that's what they are doing, I have no proof though.
I've had positive reviews disappear on ALT too. When they sell out they remove the item and if/when they restock they re-list it w/o old reviews.

Pappy,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Thanks Pappy, I was wondering what else I should ask for. Any other suggestions?

Tstat,

BL4ZE

Pappy said:
BL4ZE said:
However I don't believe they should filter their reviews if that's what they are doing, I have no proof though.
I've had positive reviews disappear on ALT too. When they sell out they remove the item and if/when they restock they re-list it w/o old reviews.

Yea but in my case it never showed up at all. Plus they haven't taken down the headford inlines ever since i've bought one since they seem to always have a few in stock.

BL4ZE,

Pappy

shmaporist
Tstat said:
Thanks Pappy, I was wondering what else I should ask for. Any other suggestions?
12" seems like a marginal height without some kind of splash guard. Ask about that. You may want to add a few inches. What's the bore?

Pappy,

photobooth

Tstat said:
Maybe consider having the inline gridded?

Edit: I agree with Pappy that it would also be good to have the inline reinforced.

photobooth,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pappy - where is the inline re-enforced? I don't see it in that picture? IME, trees are much more breakable and haven't had any issues or heard many stories about inlines breaking on their own.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom