Customized vape setups

m0j0h4nd

Nycdeisel said:

Both of those have labels that turn me off, mostly because they are too large. I understand wanting to label your work but some customers prefer a more simple look.

I checked out the other SYN and MGW products and really like this one by SYN:
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...yn-45-x-5-mm-beaker-black-and-platinum-1.html
Unfortunately it's out of stock or I probably would have pulled the trigger immediately.

One comment I read with regards to the HVY pieces was that some their beaker style pieces didn't have the normal GonG connections and that it could be a problem if paired with an ash catcher. For instance this one:
http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...y-glass-50-x-5-mm-clear-beaker-13-0-inch.html
I really like the clean looks of this with the small HVY logo that is barely noticeable but worry about the ash catcher comment. Can anyone with more experience comment on this?

Edit: changed the tense of want

m0j0h4nd,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I have that exact beaker. I love it, and it has a 14mm gong joint. I also hate labels and only buy clear glass.

Tstat,

hereatlast

I'll second that motion (for the most part). Much prefer a clear (or mostly) clear piece unless we're talking about worked sections. Big gaudy logos drive me nuts but the motivation is obvious.

Might try to throw up a little vid here today, not sure I can compete with everyone's new glass though, nice to see this thread consistently bumped. :D

hereatlast,

m0j0h4nd

Tstat said:
I have that exact beaker. I love it, and it has a 14mm gong joint. I also hate labels and only buy clear glass.

What are your thoughts on the recessed GonG bit and an ash catcher? Do you think there would be clearance issues?

m0j0h4nd,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Please welcome my latest addition to my arsenal. Luke Wilson 15-arm bubbler.

Thanks, Pappy! :cool:

lw11.jpg

lw22c.jpg

And yeah....I cleared the hit :ko:
:peace:

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
5787297039_3f7be1fbd9_b.jpg

If I told you I acquired this tube by supernatural means you wouldn't believe me but that's the truth. This post and post 2121 below it tell the story.
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?pid=133042#p133042

I have a friend in the glass biz who decided (yesterday) he wanted out of the retail end and suddenly liquidated his inventory wholesale. The truth is I had a strong premonition on 5-25 that the Hitman was going to be mine and that my Brandon Martin pendant would end with this guy in trade. But it was just a passing whim and a week ago he had no inkling he'd be doing what he did yesterday.

Some things are inexplicable. I truly believe this Hitman was meant to be mine and the pendant was meant to be his and I have and undeniable feeling that passing it on to him will bring us both good fortune.

Pappy,

SkollIstKrieg

Nice stu! I actually just got a LW 15-arm from BM myself :) will be posting pics/vids this weekend along with my new BW inline bub.

Awesome hitman Pappy! I'm really curious what the hit must be like, as that seems to me to be the first perc that doesn't necessarily bubble..

SkollIstKrieg,

Nycdeisel

what do you guys think of this?

click for videos, and the second one was cut off before I had time to clear it.

Nycdeisel,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
How is the hit like that NYC? How does it compare to a normal water hit?
:peace:

Stu,

hereatlast

I'm curious as well. I think I mentioned in response in another thread that I've tried a few of my pieces dry with the PD (sometimes by accident; forgetting to fill the tube before I hit it :lol:) and the hits were large but too harsh for my taste.

Does using a dry piece like this allow you to take larger hits than hitting the PD direct from the stem? Maybe one of those glass stems is even better at the task though I've never tried one myself. I would assume that the glass stems would allow a more easy path for the vapor and less resulting condensation? Either way, cool vids, nice to see the vapor collect like that almost silently. :ninja:

hereatlast,

Nycdeisel

haha :ninja: indeed....

I have found that using it dry allows a much larger, cooler hit then using the regular stem(which is what I had been doing, so I thought it would be a good change) and preserves the flavor more then it does with the water. However, if I use it a lot this way, it does start to feel dry, so I think overall it would be less harsh with water because of the added moisture. I think of it more as an extension of the regular stem, because its still a dry hit.

if anyone hasnt, give it a go! just try it for a few hits to experience it, good flavor and big hits, but feels dry with prolonged use.
:)

Nycdeisel,

Theo

2clicker said:
nothing too sexy, but im still stoked. i just ordered this mobius straight tube from ALT.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...assworks/mobius-clear-mini-straight-tube.html

should pair well with my stonesdiffusion stones and my hakko.

ill be looking to sell a 12" Left Coast beaker soon (seen in my sig below) if anyone is interested...?

You don't need your diffusion beads for that piece. That diffy it comes with should diffuse more than enough for a diffuser, the extra beads I would think would only add drag.

Theo,

2clicker

Observer
Theo said:
2clicker said:
nothing too sexy, but im still stoked. i just ordered this mobius straight tube from ALT.

http://aqualabtechnologies.com/scie...assworks/mobius-clear-mini-straight-tube.html

should pair well with my stonesdiffusion stones and my hakko.

ill be looking to sell a 12" Left Coast beaker soon (seen in my sig below) if anyone is interested...?

You don't need your diffusion beads for that piece. That diffy it comes with should diffuse more than enough for a diffuser, the extra beads I would think would only add drag.

interesting....

really?

well either way it will be fun finding out

2clicker,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I FINALLY was able to get a replacement downstem for my tiny HVY tube! It's like getting a new piece, since I only used a couple of times before I broke the stem. It really works well with the LB! I think I will be heading out tomorrow to hit up several LHS. I'd like to get something like an inline that is decently priced...

hvyd.jpg

Tstat,

hereatlast

Nice Tstat, still haven't tried my LB with glass but looks like people can get good enough hits.

Quick video from a couple hours ago...hits one and two from a PD stem. Sorry for Fresh Air in the background, kind of forgot when I hit record.

http://youtu.be/4xrXrqYoVkc

hereatlast,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I cruised around the city today and hit 4 shops. I was looking for clear glass with nice diffusion. I was hoping to find a standup inline tube, or a straight tube with some diffusion. I had a budget of $200. Not happening. I saw one that I liked but it was $300 (inline tube) and they could not tell me who made it.

I can't believe that out of all the shops around here, none carry what I am looking for. Everything is either worked, colors, big labels, or just way too expensive.

Does anyone have any insights as to where I might get something that is clear, straight, and diffused? I check ALT all the time, but they are expensive- that's where I got my bubbler. I guess Etsy no longer carries bongs and tubes. I had emailed a blower through Etsy a while back, but I can't remember who it was, and I can't find the emails... :rolleyes:

Tstat,
Top Bottom