Customized vape setups

hereatlast

Nice rips Goodlife101!

Just came home to the Itza nano now. First impression is that its TINY, can't wait to test it out now. :science: Will post up a vid if the light is right. Not sure I can do much better than the pics that I received from the Itza camp above but maybe can put the size into context a little better.

hereatlast,

EonBlue

Soul Rebel
@Goodlife - Zong represent! Cool to watch the vapor travel through all of the turns....I really need to pick up a SV :o

Skollist Kreig - nice setup, those waffle bubbler's rock. I plan on running some errl soon I am leaning towards picking up globe, I see you are run a skillet too...which do you perfer?

EonBlue,

SkollIstKrieg

EonBlue said:
@Goodlife - Zong represent! Cool to watch the vapor travel through all of the turns....I really need to pick up a SV :o

Skollist Kreig - nice setup, those waffle bubbler's rock. I plan on running some errl soon I am leaning towards picking up globe, I see you are run a skillet too...which do you perfer?

I started with the Skillet first, and i still love the skillet. But in all honesty the globe loses less vapor, and I can have an all glass oil setup with the globe(although you can find skillets with quartz pads, mine has a ti pad)

@Pappy- yeah man, all i need is 1 dab and im good :p

SkollIstKrieg,

hereatlast

Nice setup Skoll! I wonder if you've tried dabbing with that glasstafarian bub? The only time I've used BHO through water was through a small little Dosa rig...very small and very little diffusion. To be honest, the hit really got to my chest so I can imagine that if I were to start dabbing (don't see it in the near future) a more highly diffused piece would be a little more approachable. That said, I can't imagine I'd want to use oil through a highly diffused piece for an extended period of time, lots of reclaim and taste loss to contend with.

Been thoroughly enjoying my new pick-up. Got two pics below, the first to just better contextualize the size of this thing, it is really small :o
One of the things that this piece has made me think about is what I'm after in pairing a piece of glass with my vaporizing habits. First and foremost this little piece offers the best taste of any of my other pieces...I think this is due to the small size, the dry chamber and the relatively low level of diffusion (I actually think this design would excel as an oil unit/rig for these reasons exactly). Having said that, I'm not sure that this piece offers the smoothest hit, probably for the same reasons that taste is preserved; personally I'm very happy with this trade-off.
Again, using this piece last night and today has made me think about why I love to vapor-bong so much...the water cools down the vapor and filters out the particulates. The second picture below shows the 'elbow' of the nano after just a few PD stems (3-5 I'd say) in a single session: the result is a small but very noticeable amount of particulate and vapor condensate. This 'elbow' seems to catch most of it before the vapor enters the 'dry chamber' but definitely some does make it into this bottom chamber (it gets misty more than anything). In this way, it doesn't seem that much if any particulate reaches the water chamber, a sort of natural diffusion it seems.
The other thing the elbow and dry-chamber has reminded me of clearly is that vapor is usually pretty hot! As I'm sure others with stemless pieces have noticed before, after a couple quick hits the stem/elbow of your piece gets very warm to the touch, the dry chamber of this Itza nano and the elbow get much warmer in/right after use than my other pieces (due to the size and nature of the dryness I think). I'm not sure if the vapor that I'm getting with this piece is necessarily hotter than my other glass, but it has made me realize all over again how pivotal cooling down the vapor is to my preference.

Sorry for the rant just some things that have been on my mind since using this. In the end I'm very happy with it...use a little higher water level than my other trees to remind myself there's water in there (you can use soo little water in here and the pull is soo 'chugless' if that makes sense, not the same as saying that there's no 'resistance' really here). I'll put up a quick vid when its not so grey out and I have some better light in here. :cool:

Itzananowithlighterandflowers.jpg

itza002.jpg

(I don't like to post dirty pics but I waited til after a session to take a pic of this to show how much particulate gathered so quickly.)

hereatlast,

AgentofChaos

Serial Vapist
That nano is sweet! I really like Itzas pieces, their diffusion styles are unique. I have a question for you hereatlastId classify myself as a glass rookie and I have read some recent posts about dry chambers and their flavor benefit. Is that something the piece is made for, or is it just referring to the section where there is no water/diffusion? I currently pair my MZ with a Luke Wilson 10 arm bub and it while the hits are smooth as silk, I feel like there is some flavor loss. Any info you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

AgentofChaos,

hereatlast

AgentofChaos: the dry chamber spoken of recently (at least when I'm talking about it) refers to an actual dry-chamber design. You'll notice in the first pic above that the vapor/air has to pass through a chamber without water before being brought up to the 11 'arms' and through the water. I'm not exactly sure what the precise line of thought is behind the dry chamber in this design but it seems to be taste preservation IMO. The way the SG Pillar design utilizes the dryness is much different it seems as there's not really a distinct, dry chamber like there is here; rather, the Pillar design allows 'undiffused' or dry smoke/vapor mixed in with the diffused smoke/vapor. I think that the underlying theory behind all of this is that some flavor is lost in the diffusion process.

You really got me thinking so I'm gonna try and get a better (more complete and explicit) description of the dry-chamber from Itza if possible. I notice flavor loss in varying degrees in my pieces, I know that this nano by far offers the best taste for me...whether or not thats because of the very small volume, the dry chamber or a mix of those and other variables I'm not sure.

In any case, I think the trade-off between smoothness of hit and taste preservation is a hard line to walk, I'm interested in what others feel about that with their experience in different types of diffusion as well. Either way I like to switch up the piece I'm using for some variation.

hereatlast,

SkollIstKrieg

@hereatlast: I started dabbing with the glasstafarian bub(here's an old vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCj6FTSR2io&feature=player_profilepage ) thanks to the bell I got. Thing is, it would hit me beyond hard and make me cough like no other. Once I got the SGW and noticed how much smoother regular vapor is, I had to try oil out of it. Honestly I prefer a more diffused piece with oil as I can take a bigger hits with less coughing fits :)

For everyone else, here's a family shot :D:
IMG_0160.jpg

SkollIstKrieg,

hereatlast

Haha I understand, the way the oil hits the chest is pretty wild. Nice to see that bub again in a different setting. Great round-up there.

hereatlast,

Pappy

shmaporist
hereatlast said:
You really got me thinking so I'm gonna try and get a better (more complete and explicit) description of the dry-chamber from Itza if possible. I notice flavor loss in varying degrees in my pieces, I know that this nano by far offers the best taste for me...whether or not thats because of the very small volume, the dry chamber or a mix of those and other variables I'm not sure.

In any case, I think the trade-off between smoothness of hit and taste preservation is a hard line to walk, I'm interested in what others feel about that with their experience in different types of diffusion as well. Either way I like to switch up the piece I'm using for some variation.
FWIW my most flavorful pieces, the Glasstafarian dub bub and BW inline, hold the least water. :2c:

Pappy,

rabican

I just got my new RobinHood (im at work so i cant test it, i just took two quick shots with my blackberry...ill take high res ones later):

img00345201104081138.jpg

img00347201104081138.jpg

rabican,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
I put this in the Magic Flight thread, because I actually think it's the perfect pairing, but I though that the real glass fans here might get a giggle from it :p

I love good glass, but I also love a bargain! $3.50 delivered.

Believe it or not, IMO it works great with the MFLB- the downstem is thin like a Biro inside (the ink bit), giving a slow tight draw- and I prefer it for the MFLB to my 7th floor bubbler (which is also pretty crappy tbh :2c: ).

dscf0236f.jpg

:peace:

EDIT; clearer pic added.

Nycdeisel

WatTyler: I like your contraption you've got setup there, looks pretty technical from afar :science:

Hereatlast: I love that piece, havent seen any Itza stuff in a while, I do remember seeing one that was basically a Toro copycat, back when everyone though "Itza fake!"

oh and maybe I just missed this, but mind telling where you snagged that? and maybe along what price you got it for. give me at least one of those pieces of info, please!
enjoy!:D

Nycdeisel,

hereatlast

I won't even get into the whole Toro/Itza debacle; IMO Itza has distinguished themselves very nicely recently and has given very explicit credit where it seems due (e.g. they give complete credit to Steve when they put out their pillar).

I got this piece custom from the Itza camp though it is essentially their production nano design (a little bigger perhaps and with the red lip). They're pretty easy to get into contact with and great to buy/request from. I'll keep the price to myself :p

hereatlast,
Top Bottom