• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Crossing Tech Core E-Rig / HVT Hyperion

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I had been eyeing one of these Core E-rigs for some time. Finally picked one up off of the Divine Tribe website. There wasn't a thread dedicated to the Core yet, so here we are.

I first read about the Core on the PIU website where they posted up several reviews and how-to videos. The coils are interchangable with those used in the Sequoia, and the Core comes with a Ti bucket, a quartz bucket, and a triple titanium coil. I have only played with the Ti bucket so far and have been enjoying the experience. You are limited to 4 heat settings, but the simple yet sturdy design is appealing for someone that wants an easy portable dab experience.

It's a nifty little bugger and is more than half the price of many other e-rigs out there. I'll add more comments as I learn to use it more. I can only learn so much at a time as I'm quite a dab lightweight. I only used the tinest amount in my last session and it hit me broadside. :lol: In just a few initial experiences, the Core produced some nice clouds and the little bubbler cooled the vapor well.

I tend to vape my concentrates slowly through my vapcaps, but there are many times where I want a quick dab so I can get back to other things. I can't leave out my enail setup and need to be stealthy with my equipment. The all-in-one Core is small and easy to use and put away.

I'm interested in what others have experienced?

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Here is the link to the @divinetribe site for the Core. With PIU on hiatus, I don't know of any other vendors I've used that currently sell it.

I was able to use the "thankyou10" code to get an additional 10% off. $135 shipped is a great price. Matt also warranties the Core for a full year against defects. For a small upcharge you can also add his sic cup that fits the Core. I didn't get one yet as I figured I'd learn using the Ti and quartz cups first.

Last edited:

HughJundys

Waistband Optimizer
Staff member
I've had this for about a month and a half. I don't have a lot of experience with concentrate. This device is easy for me to use.
I have titanium, quartz, and SIC cups. The titanium and Quartz are ready to go on the first heat up. The SIC requires two heat ups on level white and then works great. I prefer the SIC because of ease of clean up. The device itself is easy to disassemble and clean for me.
I think the one thing my inexperienced self would tell a new user is to not over fill the cup and then take a hard drag. It will end up sloshing out and you have a little sticky mess to clean up.

I would like to see some more glass options. I like the one that comes with it fine. I'm a little bit of a drooler when hovered straight down over a piece. I'd like something with a bend.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Here is the link to the @divinetribe site for the Core. With PIU on hiatus, I don't know of any other vendors I've used that currently sell it.

I was able to use the "thankyou10" code to get an additional 10% off. $135 shipped is a great price. Matt also warranties the Core for a full year against defects. For a small upcharge you can also add his sic cup that fits the Core. I didn't get one yet as I figured I'd learn using the Ti and quartz cups first.
I should try that sic or even better.........you should.
I've had this for about a month and a half. I don't have a lot of experience with concentrate. This device is easy for me to use.
I have titanium, quartz, and SIC cups. The titanium and Quartz are ready to go on the first heat up. The SIC requires two heat ups on level white and then works great. I prefer the SIC because of ease of clean up. The device itself is easy to disassemble and clean for me.
I think the one thing my inexperienced self would tell a new user is to not over fill the cup and then take a hard drag. It will end up sloshing out and you have a little sticky mess to clean up.

I would like to see some more glass options. I like the one that comes with it fine. I'm a little bit of a drooler when hovered straight down over a piece. I'd like something with a bend.
I slobber all in them things to......gross.
On another note thanks for the Goo Roo links they make some nice stuff.
😆

ontopofclouds

Very good for the price and seems to have good build quality and excellent battery live.
I disagree pretty heavily on the battery life

the number of sessions they advertise is greatly inflated especially if you do multiple heating cycles on your dabs

i find i can generally get 3-4 good sessions before i have to recharge, which depending on if you're a heavy user or not means you'll be recharging every day or every other day. it isn't horrible or a deal breaker but if you plan on using it heavily on the go then you will probably be best suited by keeping your charger on you.

outside of that i agree however it is a very good option for the price. the build quality is nice and there is a lot of versatility for the user in terms of the different buckets/coils you can use as well as multiple glass options too.

i primarily take hot dabs in the ti bucket and it produces very strong vapor

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I guess this is why I went with Sai+ and bottomless banger instead, ability to use any glass piece, did they not offer any other bubbler options that fit the Core Hyperion?? I think some of the other ones had like adapters so they could use glass for other ones interchangeably, because yeah I really want a bent mouthpiece, having it be straight up seems totally inconvenient...

BabyFacedFinster

I've been using the white setting for the Ti bucket and it's been working out pretty well. I tried the blue setting just to see, even though they say it's too low for that coil. And I think they are right. Didn't get much until I went back to white.

I do find that the pre-heat timing for the session option is a bit too long for me. My small dab starts vaporizing away several seconds before I get the all-set buzz, so I hit it early. I gonna start playing around with the press and hold method. You do have to pulse it as there is a 15 second time out setting.

I thought I was going to hate the hapatic buzz thing, but it doesn't bother me. It's almost like the little bastard is talking to me.

Titanium bucket on green is pretty nice.
I'm liking the bucket.
I meant to ask @divinetribe if the sic cup is the new polished version. I guess the polished version is the easiest to clean and is what he's gonna use in the upcoming DT V5. I also recall some debating going on about the unpolished cups giving off a residue even after initial cleanings. I don't know if that was proven to be true or not. DT offers several accessories for the Core, including replacement heater donuts for the bucket coils.

BabyFacedFinster

Love the all black model. The base of mine is an off white. I just ripped 3-4 clouds off a half rice grain sized dab and loved it. The hits were not harsh at all. For lightweights like me, you have to be prepared for several big hits in rapid fire session. This is not for when I want to take my time in a session. This is when you want a good dose of medicine in a short time. I have vapes for all different occasions. ;)

I really like the look and function of the bubbler. I love that when you want to empty it, you can just turn the whole thing upside down. You can pull the bubbler out of the gasket every time, but why bother?

I'm hoping the gasket material that seats the bubbler, and is a short section of the airpath, is made of silicone?

I have a lot of bent neck bubblers and appreciate the comfortable design. I wouldn't mind other options, but don't mind the straight tube with this small unit.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

This has become my new favorite toy. I really like this little bastard. It vapes a tiny little dab with very little loss. The bubbler really cools the hits pretty damn well and I'm getting some decent flavor. I am still solely on the Ti bucket.

My vapcaps are like, where the fuck have you been?

Broke mine out for some dabs been a while since I have........drone either.
😂
Titanium bucket on green is pretty nice.
@arb, if this bucket was on your Drag, what would be your best guess on a temp and wattage setting to get that Green or White experience?

arb

Semi shaved ape
This has become my new favorite toy. I really like this little bastard. It vapes a tiny little dab with very little loss. The bubbler really cools the hits pretty damn well and I'm getting some decent flavor. I am still solely on the Ti bucket.

My vapcaps are like, where the fuck have you been?

@arb, if this bucket was on your Drag, what would be your best guess on a temp and wattage setting to get that Green or White experience?
Wildly guessing I would say
420f but with really low watts as it takes way longer for the core to hit temp.
Seems like two cycles back to back from cold to get there.
I kind of like that as I can regulate it manually and get perfect temps for me.
If the Poseidon bubblers weren't so awkward,easy to break and have such a small volume that setup would win as its way more versatile and heats up way faster.
Handy,dandy units that seem pretty sturdy.
I thought I read peak glass is compatible but I am on drugs so.....yay me.
😂
Be really nifty if it does?

BabyFacedFinster

It's been 4 days now, and I have easily done well over a dozen sessions. Most where the session ended too early for me so I extended it a bit longer with the pulsing option. I have enjoyed every session, and I have yet to kill it. In fact it is still showing blue, and red indicates low battery.

I see what you mean about drooling into the bubbler. It starts to happen when you get greedy.
Answer: Don't bogart the bubbler.

i believe i read this on reddit as well. i tried to find it again but would love verification as i dont have any peak tops bit i have a few cores and would love to get some.

Jesus though, I see that the regular price for Peak glass at PIU was $99. Now at SneakyP they have this interesting topper for much less. I wonder if it was the outgoing, sell off price. Looks like thick glass and the bent neck like people were asking for. Wonder if these really do fit. I don't see how you'd get a good seal in the Core's gasket.

BabyFacedFinster

Just hit some nice Rainbow Chip sauce in my wee little dabber. I still love this thing. I tried to take more of the sauce than the diamonds today as I didn't want to blast off this evening. Got some real tasty couple hits off of that on the Ti bucket. Actually tastes a little like tootsie rolls, and the bucket is so easy to clean.

Finally had to charge the Core for the first time yesterday after daily use for over a week.

BabyFacedFinster

Still loving and using my Core every day!

I usually wait until the evening for my dabs, but the thing gives hits that I couldn't get with my Sai or DT V4. Not really sure the reason. I think it's a combo of seeing the vapor production through the bubbler and letting the auto control take over. However even after it times out and I pulse it, I still get great tasty hits. Even when I only put in the tinest amount.

I was going to recommend it on another thread, but I see that the Divine Tribe site is sold out on them for now.

Question: I didn't clean the Ti bucket one time and since then I can't get all reclaim stain out of it. I tried heating it up a bit and swabbing with iso. Any tips to get it completely clean again?

arb

Semi shaved ape
Still loving and using my Core every day!

I usually wait until the evening for my dabs, but the thing gives hits that I couldn't get with my Sai or DT V4. Not really sure the reason. I think it's a combo of seeing the vapor production through the bubbler and letting the auto control take over. However even after it times out and I pulse it, I still get great tasty hits. Even when I only put in the tinest amount.

I was going to recommend it on another thread, but I see that the Divine Tribe site is sold out on them for now.

Question: I didn't clean the Ti bucket one time and since then I can't get all reclaim stain out of it. I tried heating it up a bit and swabbing with iso. Any tips to get it completely clean again?
Get it hot then swab with water is what I do.
Super stubborn from Mrs.arb being naughty sometimes need a wire brushing.........I like it brand new clean.
😁

Kins

What about the vapor path for this one? Does it go over plastic, silicone or electronics? I never really liked any e-rig, they always tasted nasty to me. It's very reasonably priced. Anything else that makes it stand out compared to others?.

Last edited:
Kins,
Reactions: arb

BabyFacedFinster

Sorry @Kins, it's been a few days. I'm satisfied with the air path, but it is not perfect. There is an opening in the bottom of the glass bubbler where it makes contact with a silicone gasket. There is a section, maybe a centimeter, where the vapor passes through this gasket. This is all that separates the Ti bowl from the bubbler. No electronics. I have seen much worse.

What stands out for me is I have a draw full of vapes, including my dear collection of vapcaps, and I'm grabbing this thing 80% of the time. All I'm vaping is concentrates right now.

I just dropped a small blob of some Island Punch resin on the Ti bucket. You just press the button twice, set it down, when it buzzes it's go time. The hits have a lot of great flavor and the bubbler doesn't burn my throat. You get another good hit before the timer runs out. I then press and hold the button to finish off the last few scrunge hits left over. Wipe out the bucket with an iso soaked Q-tip and Bob's your uncle.

I just can't beat it. It's also so damn cute. It's the little dab machine that could. :razz:

BabyFacedFinster

Ok, now it's become my daily driver. My dynvaps are now on the back burner. It's crazy I know.

Then again, the peak pro costs twice as much and people on that thread are complaining about shit not working with them. This thing works great every time. I hope someone starts making or shipping these things again. It's scary how you can't get a lot of concentrate shit right now, like any Sai stuff.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Ok, now it's become my daily driver. My dynvaps are now on the back burner. It's crazy I know.

Then again, the peak pro costs twice as much and people on that thread are complaining about shit not working with them. This thing works great every time. I hope someone starts making or shipping these things again. It's scary how you can't get a lot of concentrate shit right now, like any Sai stuff.
Whatcha looking for?

BabyFacedFinster

Whatcha looking for?

Well, right now I'm doing ok. Thanks for asking @arb. :spliff:

But I was worried that I only had the heater coil for the quartz cup as a replacement for when the Ti bucket dies. I just bought a pack of ceramic heater disc replacements for the bucket coils off the DT site. I don't even know the procedure. :hmm: I hope Matt, @divinetribe includes directions. :bowdown: I wonder if anyone knows from rebuilding their Sequoia buckets.

But looking at PIU, POTV, SP, HVT... no one seems to be selling any 510 units or many of their parts. The vape ship ban really put a shitter on some concentrate vapes where the maker isn't easily accessable. I know you can still get Boundless, Dynavap and Stash Rio stuff directly from their website, but Crossing Tech's website is pretty useless, nor do they even acknowledge that they make the Core.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Well, right now I'm doing ok. Thanks for asking @arb. :spliff:

But I was worried that I only had the heater coil for the quartz cup as a replacement for when the Ti bucket dies. I just bought a pack of ceramic heater disc replacements for the bucket coils off the DT site. I don't even know the procedure. :hmm: I hope Matt, @divinetribe includes directions. :bowdown: I wonder if anyone knows from rebuilding their Sequoia buckets.

But looking at PIU, POTV, SP, HVT... no one seems to be selling any 510 units or many of their parts. The vape ship ban really put a shitter on some concentrate vapes where the maker isn't easily accessable. I know you can still get Boundless, Dynavap and Stash Rio stuff directly from their website, but Crossing Tech's website is pretty useless, nor do they even acknowledge that they make the Core.
Just unscrew the bucket using the notches on top.
You need any replacement buckets holler I have a few laying around.
👍🏿

Top Bottom