Crossing Tech Core E-Rig / HVT Hyperion

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Just unscrew the bucket using the notches on top.
You need any replacement buckets holler I have a few laying around.
👍🏿

Much thanks!

So when the coil burns out, I would unscrew the bucket from the bad coil and use the one that came with the quartz bucket. What I bought from DT were a three pack of these:

Instead of buying new coils, I guess you can just change out the heater disc inside a bad coil. Looks like there is some soldering work that needs to be done. This is what I'm hoping @divinetribe provides some instruction with, cause it don't look easy. I do have a soldering iron somewhere so thought I'd give it a go. Just the thing to do when you're high. ;)

Last edited:
BabyFacedFinster,
  • Wow
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
Much thanks!

So when the coil burns out, I would unscrew the bucket from the bad coil and use the one that came with the quartz bucket. What I bought from DT were a three pack of these:

Instead of buying new coils, I guess you can just change out the heater disc inside a bad coil. Looks like there is some soldering work that needs to be done. This is what I'm hoping @divinetribe provides some instruction with, cause it don't look easy. I do have a soldering iron somewhere so thought I'd give it a go. Just the thing to do when you're high. ;)
Not at all what I thought you bought disregard my prior post.
HVT says they are resuming shipping in July.
I thought you grabbed the whole ceramic coil and just needed to screw a new bucket in.
I nave zero experience with what you have but I do have a bunch of core sized titanium bucket coils if you're shits out before you find some more.
😁

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Looks like there is some soldering work that needs to be done.
No soldering required, a rubber grommet separates the 2 wires where they feed into the bottom of the atty, it is pretty easy stuff to work out as you pull it apart...when the atty is buggered, pull out the bottom contact pin and rubber grommet after removing the concentrate cup to see what I mean, the heater plate will just about fall out when you do.

BabyFacedFinster

No soldering required, a rubber grommet separates the 2 wires where they feed into the bottom of the atty, it is pretty easy stuff to work out as you pull it apart...when the atty is buggered, pull out the bottom contact pin and rubber grommet after removing the concentrate cup to see what I mean, the heater plate will just about fall out when you do.

Thanks @LesPlenty!

I had no idea the bottom was a removable pin. When you get inside, is it easy to see where the two leads connect?

Not at all what I thought you bought disregard my prior post.
HVT says they are resuming shipping in July.
I thought you grabbed the whole ceramic coil and just needed to screw a new bucket in.
I nave zero experience with what you have but I do have a bunch of core sized titanium bucket coils if you're shits out before you find some more.
😁
I had never seen these sold before. I thought I remembered seeing packs of the whole atty's minus the buckets, but I think they were for the regular size Sai.

Last edited:

androponic

vaped.
Thanks @LesPlenty!

I had no idea the bottom was a removable pin. When you get inside, is it easy to see where the two leads connect?

I had never seen these sold before. I thought I remembered seeing packs of the whole atty's minus the buckets, but I think they were for the regular size Sai.
the leads just come straight through after seating the heater all the way down. the silicone insulator allows one lead to be on the outside and touches the body of the 510 thread while the other lead is inside the insulator and pressure applied by the brass pin. when you slowly remove the old one you will see how this comes together. best advice is have some nice cutters handy to snip the leads flush so the brass pin goes in correctly and also so the outer lead doesnt get it the way of the threads. if you look close at a complete one you can actually see the outer lead snipped flush at the threaded end. you cant see the center lead without pulling the pin first. and also there is no pos/neg so that doesnt matter when replacing. also prebend the new one the match the old one as far as lead orientation so it fits in the body nicely. its tricky at first but once you do one it all becomes clear. careful to not damage the insulator when reusing too since this is the protection to not short out.

@BabyFacedFinster here is a puffco vid but it shows some useful similarities

Edit: HVT says they are shipping again in July so they must have the hyperion units to sell as well as coils galore. i like replacing the heaters since its much cheaper tho. Matt at Divine Tribe must be getting more too but if crossing stopped no one gets them so heaters it is for all.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys, is Sic really worth it? I can upgrade to a sic bucket instead of the Ti. It would have been cheaper if I bought it as part of the Core package, but if the flavor is really that much better then I may give it a try.

I don't think it is about flavor, it is about easy to clean? But also good flavor... Have you not tried the quartz yet? That is nice for flavor, but not so easy to clean, I have not tried the SIC yet because I only have it for my Sai TAF not my Plus... (and I still have only tried my plus so far, surprisingly maybe)

androponic

vaped.
Hey guys, is Sic really worth it? I can upgrade to a sic bucket instead of the Ti. It would have been cheaper if I bought it as part of the Core package, but if the flavor is really that much better then I may give it a try.
SIC is nice, you will probably be finding that you want to run a preheat cycle to get the dish up to temp and then a second cycle for blast off..

BabyFacedFinster

I've been getting some nice terpy sauces and resins lately. I get some great flavor in the Ti bucket, but it is a pain in the ass to work with the stuff. I am cheap and frugal with my concentrates. It pisses me off when it gets wasted on the dab tool trying to get every last bit in the bottom of the bucket. It then tends to get messy.

The drier badders and crumbles are easier to work with, because you can easily pick off a chunk and drop it in the bucket. Very little tends to stick to the dab tool. Any tips on getting sauces into the bottom of a bucket?

Clapped_r6

Use the "outside" curve of a dab spoon, and paint the bottom on the bucket. A little ends up on the side, hit that with the directional cap on first hit

Once a small buildup has occurred on the spoon, I grab the Terp Pen to sop up the remainder

BabyFacedFinster

Me again. Still loving the Core every day.

I had some dab stains in the Ti bucket so I blasted it with a torch. It took out the stain, but the Ti turned blue. I understand that Ti will change color from excessive heat, but didn't know if that effects its use.

Should I be concerned about still using this Ti bucket?

Shit Snacks

Browsing for China Glass, came across this because I realized again peak glass could fit... Really wish I got one from PIU, but:
do we think this could possibly actually be legit and worthwhile?? With current discount it comes to $127 and thinking this glass, since peak recyclers seem a little risky to use with the core because of how they lean forward? Wait actually This could work maybe?? Finally found one with the uptake on the back instead of the front like in here)

Last edited:
Shit Snacks,
  • Wow
Reactions: arb

arb

Semi shaved ape
Browsing for China Glass, came across this because I realized again peak glass could fit... Really wish I got one from PIU, but:
do we think this could possibly actually be legit and worthwhile?? With current discount it comes to $127 and thinking this glass, since peak recyclers seem a little risky to use with the core because of how they lean forward? Wait actually This could work maybe?? Finally found one with the uptake on the back instead of the front like in here)
Looks like what I got except for the two o-rings.......do not remember those?

Shit Snacks

All right well the seller responded to me pretty quickly:
Screenshot-20210831-113917.png

Who is going to take a shot on this with me (if I go for it)???

Under $200 with both colors of the peak recyclers in the link above...

I've hardly been using my Sequoia at all, I'm thinking if I had something like this, simpler setup all in one, and being able to use peak glass, I could actually get you set of all my quartz buckets etc?

Shit Snacks

So unfortunately that $20 off is gone so it is more like $150 now for one, however only $100 thanks to @delicatebunting

If we get a 5 person group-buy, price goes down to $100/ea. I'm in for 1, possibly 2.
Well now, now it is enticing again! :D messaging you :cheers:
So message me or @delicatebunting if any of you are interested to join!

It would be crazy for me to get two too, right? lol

Guys if you nave a sequoia its the same buckets with WAY more control over everything.
Only upside of the core is its small form and not having to monkey together a water solution.
My thoughts after using both a lot but it is a very good erig especially for the price and durability.
😉

I feel you my man, the thing is I actually don't think I like all the control with the Sequoia/Sai+ it is too much to consider maybe for someone like me more casual dabber... Yeah no monkeying with the water solution angle but also no monkeying with a mod is appealing... The clincher for me is being able to get peak glass apparently because yeah the stock core glass looks just awful!

The battery life and longevity is probably legit that it doesn't make sense to buy two with one as a spare, huh?

I would get one for my buddy but he has a source versa (and part of a peak) already, so I was just thinking I would give him one of the color glass recyclers presuming I only want to keep one and likely the blue and white one... Hmm

Also considering an iSpire instead or more practically, nothing at all! lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Clapped_r6

Ti bucket, white setting, with a 3mm pearl to get into the corners. Preheat once and the pearl is ready to rock

Edit- running 2 4mm pearls in this big bucket. The single 3mm is in the sai bb rig. Derp!
Either way, I'm loving the pearls in the Ti bucket

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Found this setup on Divine T's reddit page:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DivineTribeVaporizers/comments/q5nkn0 Appears to be a pretty cool Peak adapter. Looks like fun. I guess most Peak glass works with the Core. Some mentioned adding some o-rings for a better seal.

Another exciting bit of news for Core lovers! Divine T is working on upgrading this unit and creating a Core 2. The new version will have an improved base for faster heat up with a new heater that can use Matt's upcoming V5 cup. It's a ceramic cup that heats your concentrate from the bottom and the sides! Fuck yeah, I'm waiting for that. They are suggesting the end of November as a release date.

Shit Snacks

Yeah we never found a fifth person to go in on the Core, found on DHgate for $100 each, so still have not ordered... But more exciting to hear about of V2 coming soon instead anyway! Hopefully it fits peak glass too, that opens up a lot of possibilities, although most peak glass is slanted and not really going to work well unfortunately regardless lol maybe I'd get this custom made though?
Screenshot-20211013-234341.png

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
although most peak glass is slanted and not really going to work well
I think there is an adapter that has a slant built in so Peak glass will work with the Core...or is it a different brand, Duo or something:hmm: I am sure IG will have 3d printed adapters for it.
edit. I am not looking at GooRoo Peak glass on IG...if I can resist.

Top Bottom