Cover Tunes

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
Like I said, many are dependent on mood or what I'm doing at the time. I must admit that right now my favorite thing to listen to is Goose (the Connecticut based one, not the Euro one...nothing against the Euro one). Their original stuff is great and I love the covers they do (some posted here). I may slice and dice some of their shows I downloaded from youtube and post them on a vimeo channel.
Still love Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, etc...but Goose has me hooked right now and for over a year lol.

Dylan or the Dead...I'll take GD all day...I like BD's songs, but sometimes the way he sings irritates me for some reason.

Planck

believes in Dog
Dylan or the Dead...? (EVERYONE ELSE FEEL FREE TO ANSWER, TOO!)
I prefer death to Dylan. :lol: Oh the Dead, soosorry, I'll go with them.
Dylan or the Dead...I'll take GD all day...I like BD's songs, but sometimes the way he sings irritates me for some reason.
^^ :cheers:
Clave anyone?
Tito Puente - Oye Como Va original artist.
Santana cover

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
@CrazyDiamond

You guys took the question too literally.... just asking about those covers in particular (spinning off "Dylan & the Dead").... Malkmus' version vs WOD version...? I pick Malkmus, and not just cuz the song itself is in fact superior, and that I've never really been a big dead fan... Nah. I just liked the Malk version more... :razz:

I prefer death to Dylan. :lol: Oh the Dead, soosorry, I'll go with them.
I hear ya, there was a time when I felt very much the same way... :brow:

Ryan Adams - Shake It Off (from '1989') (Official Audio)

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off

Hippie

LB Bad - New Age of Faith

Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch 2 (Entry)

God Within - Raincry

God Within - Raincry (Rabbit in the Moon Ascension mix)

Chap-Hop History by Mr B The Gentleman Rhymer

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
MONSTER ALERT!!

Love his interpretations of the Standards, "Pop" or otherwise, featured here w/electric bass, as well as, his own creations... (supposedly, he always sat on a giant "yellow pages" and he couldn't read music... and yet he is perhaps one of the most astonishing improvisationalists of all time...):

Erroll Garner - Magician (FULL ALBUM PLAYLIST)

Erroll Garner - (They Long to Be) Close to You (Official Audio)

Arguably (by me) maybe the greatest "Pop" song ever penned.... and he totally OWNS it!:

Erroll Garner Something 1972

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
🥰

I was lucky enough to catch this tour (and encore) from about the 20th row center at GreatWeeds (Woods) in Mansfield, MA:
Edit: 2006.09.15: Tweeter Center, Mansfield, MA. w/Santana headlining.... we left to go drink in a bar and watch the Sox after about 6 Santana tunes...

Jeff Beck - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

Jeff Beck - Jeff Beck Discusses "Over The Rainbow"

Last edited:

CrazyDiamond

Crosseyed & Painless
I agree with you @Bologna...I swear sometimes I felt like the boys were just tired or too fucked up hence playing ssssllllllloooooooooooowwwww, lol. While I can appreciate playing different tempos, some songs are just meant to be fast. Even the new incarnation of them with John Mayer plays some selections even slower than the original Grateful Dead did!

I do love me some Jeff Beck though and don't listen often enough since I'm so hung up on Goose nowadays so thanks for posting that and making me listen, lol.

Top Bottom