audio via Mickey Melchiondo (Dean Ween)

Dean Ween and Friends are:

Dean Ween - Guitar/Vocals
Bill Fowler - Vocals/Guitar
Dave Dreiwitz - Bass
Glenn McClelland - Keyboard
Claude Coleman, Jr - Drums

Steamio

Wow, I remember seeing Ween at City Gardens in Trenton with Fugazi. The idiots on the crowd started throwing shit at Dean and Gean Ween, just because they were there to see Fugazi. I forget which of the bros got him stuck in his hair and was like f#ck off to the crowd and just played louder.
Then Fugazi took the stage and ripped the crowd a new one for being a bunch of ass holes and then they started with Waiting Room, was Fugazi's 1st tour as a band and new release. But Ween was also great, just a bunch of young kids who had never heard, Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Egg Hunt, Embrace or anything pre "Emocore" by Ian MacKaye or Guy Picciott. Just out of curiosity if you could answer what happened to Gean Ween, I've been put of the music scene for a while now.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Wow, I remember seeing Ween at City Gardens in Trenton with Fugazi. The idiots on the crowd started throwing shit at Dean and Gean Ween, just because they were there to see Fugazi. I forget which of the bros got him stuck in his hair and was like f#ck off to the crowd and just played louder.
Then Fugazi took the stage and ripped the crowd a new one for being a bunch of ass holes and then they started with Waiting Room, was Fugazi's 1st tour as a band and new release. But Ween was also great, just a bunch of young kids who had never heard, Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Egg Hunt, Embrace or anything pre "Emocore" by Ian MacKaye or Guy Picciott. Just out of curiosity if you could answer what happened to Gean Ween, I've been put of the music scene for a while now.
Cool! I would've loved to see Ween ( and Fugazi!) back then when they were just a 2-piece and a DAT...! My first Ween show was right after Dave, Glenn and Claude all became official band members, and the 'Ween' that is known today, at the H.O.R.D.E. Fest in '97 at GreatWoods touring 'The Mollusk'.... saw 'em many times after, too, but not since '10, or so... good times/memories indeed! ✌️

Edit:
Just out of curiosity if you could answer what happened to Gean Ween, I've been put of the music scene for a while now.
Oh shit, sorry, forgot to answer this... I'm not sure what that current status is... I think it's like a few shows a year...? Gener (Aaron) melted-down and quit around 2012 and they each did a number of dif projects for a few years and kinda got back together... it's all detailed here:
I was a longtime, very active Ween Forum member by then and knew many of the "inner circus" peeps from shows and after parties and shit... it all basically went down on there so I saw it all... funny and kinda sad, for sure....

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I love Ty Segall AND Harry Nilsson and have yet to listen to this... hope it's good!!:

Ty Segall - "Segall Smeagol" (Full Album)

Segall, brilliant as always, cover the terrific 1971 Harry Nilsson's album "Nilsson Schmilsson" during Covid quarantine. http://tysegall.bandcamp.com/album/se...

"I wanted to cover Nilsson Schmilsson for years, so I used the opportunity of being at home to cover my favorite cuts from the record. So here it is free on Bandcamp - "Segall Smeagol" LOVE TO EVERYONE" Ty Segall

00:00 01.Coconut
03:31 02.Gotta Get Up
06:01 03.Drivin Along
08:31 04.Early in the Morning
11:16 05.The Moonbeam Song
14:19 06.Jump into the Fire

Last edited:
Top Bottom