Could you be happy with just one vape (and which is it)?

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
This is tough for me, but I think I am also with @passenger and would do my Toad. In terms of versatility, I think the TP80 or Bakx take the lead just by virtue of being regulated (easier to use or hand to someone else, more consistent, still capable of amazing low-temp terp hits or killing huge loads in a single big hit). But if its just for me and not something I'm sharing (in which case I have to give the nod to the TP80), I really, really love the ritual with the Toad.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
I’m normally a minimalist, and a conscientious outdoorsman who believes in leave no trace. But I have tasted ZX, and if one vape it must be, ZX shall it must. I’ll relegate myself to lugging a Honda with and camping in the suburbs (camping spots should not have numbers!) as penance for my wicked ways.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
NO! I could never be happy with just one vape :shrug:
WTF?!? Why would anyone even try to make me imagine such a horrifying situation?

lucious lyon wtf GIF

I need V-A-R-I-E-T-Y. And you know this, MAAAAANNNNN!!!

(I'm still in therapy for the days when I had only one vape)

Last edited:

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I like variety too! Definitely not trying to shame anyone for their VAS, it's part of the enjoyment of the hobby. I'm also an audiophile and gear lust is real there too, and makes VAS look much more reasonable by comparison. Most vapes cost somewhere between $50-$500, audio gear can go up into the tens or hundreds of thousands per item!

Last edited:

Timps27

@Monk Debate I’m not an audiophile myself (yet), but I quite enjoy a good TechMoan video now and again. Never realized how ahead of time so much of the Hi-Fi of the late 70’s was! If I could find a reel to reel for a reasonable price I may start finding my way into the hobby.

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
@Monk Debate I’m not an audiophile myself (yet), but I quite enjoy a good TechMoan video now and again. Never realized how ahead of time so much of the Hi-Fi of the late 70’s was! If I could find a reel to reel for a reasonable price I may start finding my way into the hobby.
Yes, there’s lots of 70s/80s hifi equipment that holds their own against the newest releases today.

That being said, reel to reel is about the most expensive side of stereo equipment. The playback units are both expensive to purchase and maintain, and albums on R2R were produced in smaller quantity than vinyl, cassette, or CD, so the reels themselves are also quite expensive. Just wanted to give you a heads up about that in advance.

nicknobody

I’m normally a minimalist, and a conscientious outdoorsman who believes in leave no trace. But I have tasted ZX, and if one vape it must be, ZX shall it must. I’ll relegate myself to lugging a Honda with and camping in the suburbs (camping spots should not have numbers!) as penance for my wicked ways.
I don’t know what a zx is lol but minimalist outdoors man practicing lnt? I can relate 😎

nicknobody,
Reactions: Dutch-Mic

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don’t know what a zx is
Thread on FC:

Dutch-Mic

Could I be happy with just one vaporizer? Definitely. I probably would be happy with one leg, too. The variety of vapes makes me happier though.

And the question which vaporizer I would use….is a tough one. A few months ago I would have chosen a Dynavap without any doubt, but now my tolerance is really low I prefer slower extraction. I’m doubting between the Vapman and Solo 2.

fangorn

Yeah... if I only had one vaporizer... I think I would smoke joints again... even though I haven't smoked for several years...

Don't ask me why... I don't know, but it's a feeling...

but otherwise... I would say the toad of course!

Small minimalist work of art, very versatile and with a delicious flavor...

Timps27

The issue is not repetitive information, more just index creep pushing relevant threads out of the way. On some of my other forums we do annual threads on certain topics for this reason. Something like “2023 There Can Only Be One”, then next year we could create a 2024 version. Keeps the information inside the thread recent and relevant while not pushing other topics out of the way.

4-Aces King-High

Hey all,

VAS is real, I have it, you have it, we all see a device that is beautiful, or has a unique heating mechanism, or a different grade of material we like, and we just gotta have it! But let's play a game, if you could only keep ONE vaporizer to use for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I currently have the following vapes:
Sticky Brick Runt
Sticky Brick Flip
Evolv Cricket
Timber Elite
Multiple Dynavaps
HR Fury 2

Out of these, I would most likely keep the Sticky Brick Flip. Here's my reasoning:
The Flip Brick is both the most versatile vape out of that list and the simplest to maintain. It's compact enough to be portable, and strong enough to hit me hard at home. The 14mm/18mm stems mean I can use them with a wide variety of stems and water pieces easily, and the only accessories I need to maintain are the glass joints and heat intake, the screen, and O-rings. The Runt is, I think, the better all in one unit but lacks the versatility of the Flip.

My home is not conducive to a desktop plug in vape, so that's out of the equation for me. Plus if I did only have one vape, I'd want one I could take out of the house as well.

How about y'all?
Now I want a sticky brick

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
Now I want a sticky brick
A Runt is an amazing self contained unit, and the Flip is great with glass but has more of a learning curve IMO. At this point I've been enjoying the Flip more just because I like to run through glass and water, but any Sticky Brick is a top tier vaporizer.

Top Bottom