Corona Vaping

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Yeah. Our local stores have largely empty TP shelves as well.

I've been wondering what use these people think TP is going to do against COVID-19?
Are people trying to make ineffectual bullshit face-masks out of it, or what?

IMG-2324.jpg

hinglemccringleberry

The real shit deal is that people are highly contagious a few days before ever feeling sick and it's a ~5 day incubation period. People with no symptoms who are infected are spreading it for days before realizing whats happened. You can't contain something that flies under the radar like that. I fear it's going to have to run its course and a lot of ppl will have to get sick and get well again in order for us to develop any kind of herd immunity to it. A vaccine for this a pipe dream right now, it ain't gonna exist anytime soon.

Last edited:

MegaMan2k

Lets stay on topic, not the toilet paper xDD ( i totally 100% understand ur concerns tho )

wanted to talk about how this might affect vaping / lungs

Faster recovery with canna maybe? Possible to vape thru the ilness ?

And am i really the only 1 to consider a inhalation break and swap to edibles just for a little while? ^^

MegaMan2k,

ginolicious

Lets stay on topic, not the toilet paper xDD ( i totally 100% understand ur concerns tho )

And am i really the only 1 to consider a inhalation break and swap to edibles just for a little while? ^^

that may be a smart idea since it ha a respiratory illness.

ginolicious,

hinglemccringleberry

No you're not the only one. When I was in the throes of a full blown flu a few years back I kept vaping flower out of habit/addiction. It was uncomfortable and the effects were almost nonexistent. A few weeks later I was recovering but then I wound up with bacterial bronchitis (common flu complication) and was put on antibiotics. At that point I quit vaping for 2 weeks. Didn't miss it either. Waking up one morning and hacking up a chunk of bloody phlegm the size of a golf ball was all the incentive I needed to take a vape break. During my initial flu, all of the vaping I did was sort of in vain, it wasn't even fun. I was just going thru the motions. It was really just a waste of weed. When the bronchitis hit, I knew I was in trouble and it felt like maybe vapor was hurting my bronchial tubes' ability to recover.

Back on topic --- you definitely shouldn't vape corona.

Last edited:

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
After 4 decades of cannabis use with hardly any breaks.....I deal with illness and cannabis use on a case by case basis.

I've cumbusted cannabis or tried to through colds, flu, respiratory and sinus issues. In other words ... if it didn't hurt or add to the symptoms/issues I smoked up. Sore throats for example was a no go but smoking with most colds was fine.

I've been told cannabis vapor is an expectorant. An expectorant is something that helps loosen mucus so you can cough it up. It does this by increasing the water content of the mucus, thinning it out, and making your cough more productive. Since Corona can cause pneumonia (lung inflammation caused by bacterial or viral infection, in which the air sacs fill with pus and may become solid. The last thing anyone with Corona needs is "increasing the water content of the mucus in your lungs" since you're already at risk without adding more liquid to the lungs. So if I feel like I've got the Corona virus this will signal the start of a T-break. I'm not a doctor but I do play one on FC ;)

If I weren't healthy I'd probably consider that T-break the second my geographical area became a hot spot but for the time being I'm taking a wait and see.

Here's some info my company sent that may help:

Modnote: Strikeout portion below is likely fake news and should be treated as such

Subject: Stanford Notes on Coronavirus

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can you know if you are infected? By the time you have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% fibrosis.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you do this successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, there is no fibrosis in the lungs; it basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and then the lungs. That's very dangerous.

Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees C. (About 77 degrees F.) It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it goes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS:
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs,
causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
After 4 decades of cannabis use with hardly any breaks.....I deal with illness and cannabis use on a case by case basis.

I've cumbusted cannabis or tried to through colds, flu, respiratory and sinus issues. In other words ... if it didn't hurt or add to the symptoms/issues I smoked up. Sore throats for example was a no go but smoking with most colds was fine.

I've been told cannabis vapor is an expectorant. An expectorant is something that helps loosen mucus so you can cough it up. It does this by increasing the water content of the mucus, thinning it out, and making your cough more productive. Since Corona can cause pneumonia (lung inflammation caused by bacterial or viral infection, in which the air sacs fill with pus and may become solid. The last thing anyone with Corona needs is "increasing the water content of the mucus in your lungs" since you're already at risk without adding more liquid to the lungs. So if I feel like I've got the Corona virus this will signal the start of a T-break. I'm not a doctor but I do play one on FC ;)

If I weren't healthy I'd probably consider that T-break the second my geographical area became a hot spot but for the time being I'm taking a wait and see.

Here's some info my company sent that may help:
Subject: Stanford Notes on Coronavirus

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can you know if you are infected? By the time you have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% fibrosis.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you do this successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, there is no fibrosis in the lungs; it basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and then the lungs. That's very dangerous.

Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees C. (About 77 degrees F.) It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it goes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS:
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs,
causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
Good advice, @His_Highness . I did want to point out that water thins the mucus in the lungs, and helps to get it coughed up. If you are drinking the extra water you wisely advise, then it will help the lungs deal with the mucus. You don't want thick, sludgy, mucus just sitting in the lungs.
Drinking fluids adds moisture to the lungs. You don't want dry, itchy lungs. Several times a day, I'm getting in the shower to "steam out" my lungs, help the mucus loosen, and cough out.

I do not have Corona virus. I do have Influenza B, and it went to bronchitis and an ear infection.
There is Corona virus in the community. People here are stocking up on supplies, as any of us can be called upon to quarantine. I've been having my doctor's appointments over the phone, and was advised to stay away from the hospital and health care facilities if I can avoid it. I'm sick, and don't want to catch anything else, nor do I want anyone to catch what I have. I'm fortunate in that I don't have to leave home, but my son is a nurse, so he's in the thick of it at work, and, of course, he comes home. Big props to @ThymeTraveler for helping the sick.
Have I stopped vaping? When I came down with the flu, I had no interest in anything but sleep. I didn't eat for three days, and didn't care about eating. I forced fluids, but quite literally had to force myself. I didn't want to drink. I didn't want to vape. I threw up round the clock, even with Zofran.
Because of the nausea and lack of appetite, I started vaping cannabis again. It stopped the vomiting, and I got enough of an appetite back to be able to eat. It helped with the headache, the muscle aches, so I could sleep. I'd gotten bronchitis by the time I started vaping again. Usually, I get bronchitis, then pneumonia. My doctor wrote for an antibiotic, both anticipating that I'd get pneumonia, and wanting to keep me out of the hospital. Vaping made my lungs feel better, as the coughing helped keep them clear. I didn't get pneumonia. I did get an ear infection, and eventually started on the antibiotics. No pneumonia, and I cough a few times a day, but the bronchitis is gone. No pleurisy this time.
So for me, while I didn't miss vaping, and was initially so sick I didn't care about vaping, eating, drinking, when I did vape it helped with symptom management. I'm hoping to not get Corona, but I will use vaping as needed if I do.
Question for the OP, @MegaMan2k . Have you/ will you quit vaping because of Corona? Do you think you should? If you get Corona, will you vape then? Do you think vaping is harmful during an outbreak? Before exposure? After exposure, before symptoms? After symptoms?
If you think vaping is dangerous, when will you quit?

His_Highness

Usually, I get bronchitis, then pneumonia. My doctor wrote for an antibiotic, both anticipating that I'd get pneumonia, and wanting to keep me out of the hospital. I'm hoping to not get Corona, but I will use vaping as needed if I do.

Glad you didn't get pneumonia this time!

I've never had pneumonia before. What would you compare it to in terms of a similar illness or symptom? I think I heard somewhere that pneumonia in it's severest form can feel like drowning?

You mentioned if you get Corona you'll use vaping as needed. Would you vape if you felt pneumonia was imminent or in play?

His_Highness,
Reactions: Madri-Gal
All I know is that I just paid $70 for a couple packs of toilet paper on Amazon since no store around here has any. WTF is up with that? I guess it's time to stock up on weed, too, since it's at least as important as TP (depending on the circumstance). What else should I start hoarding?:hmm:

:peace:
It's cheaper to buy a Bidet off of Amazon

ginolicious

Well sold conspiracy theories are flooding the internet now. Apparently some say it was a bio weapon released out of Wuhan by accident. Others suggest it was written in a book 12 years ago that a flu like plague would come out of Wuhan in 2020. And then more people are saying Nostradamus predicted it in 1555.

Diggy Smalls

Notorious
If someone shares some Corona I'll vape it with ya, but I don't have access to it yet.

Seriously though, it's not a good idea to smoke or vape with respiratory illness. If you really need your fix, I suggest using medibles

The wildest conspiracy theory I heard is that America made it using 5g networks and smart dust in chem trails. It was an intelligent person that told me this, too. Well, normally intelligent lol

ginolicious

If someone shares some Corona I'll vape it with ya, but I don't have access to it yet.

Seriously though, it's not a good idea to smoke or vape with respiratory illness. If you really need your fix, I suggest using medibles

The wildest conspiracy theory I heard is that America made it using 5g networks and smart dust in chem trails. It was an intelligent person that told me this, too. Well, normally intelligent lol

5G eh. Now that’s a new one. I know several people hating on 5G about cancer causing etc. But not sure about it creating a virus.

Kind of wild the NBA has been cancelled for the time being. I wonder if hockey and baseball will follow suit.

MegaMan2k

Question for the OP, @MegaMan2k . Have you/ will you quit vaping because of Corona? Do you think you should? If you get Corona, will you vape then? Do you think vaping is harmful during an outbreak? Before exposure? After exposure, before symptoms? After symptoms?
If you think vaping is dangerous, when will you quit?

I was told by a friend of my i usually trust for that information that i should be good dabbing thru it, and also that it would even be an important factor in benefiting my immunesystem while fighting the virus,
He also recommened intake of 500-600mg CBD daily,

My gut however is telling me to prepare a good amount of edibles, dont know if i would be comfortable dabbing thru it personally, i guess i would try and see if it works out and if it does then i will keep on doing it yes

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Tick season is coming fast where I live. Corona with Lyme anyone?
Shiiiiet you got me right with that one man... :D :D
I just saw one yesterday jumped off my cat which had taken the anti-tick and other parasites pill just few days before that It didnt bite her but i guess used her as a transport... Man i hate ticks and lyme is amongs my worst fears,i have a friend who's life fell apart after a tickbite during a hike,until he got to civilzation he had full blown brain infection too.. We got the really microscopic kind here which are very hard to spot and run fast like hell.. But i shouldnt not complain i heard it is much worse in that deparment in Syberia and the rain forests..,and what about Australia with the milion things trying to eat you at every step :D..
Got any advices on how one should protect his home from ticks !?!?!.. I browsed trough options but i dont feel any worthy solution is out there.. I use both spot on and pill for my cat,but that furry beast is climbing trees ,going after mouses,its a semi-forest around where i live and there is quite the wildlife..
You can PM ,if dont feel like derailing the thread xahxah..
---------------------------
Just saw this and actually got the joke lol.
https://starecat.com/content/wp-con...rona-virus-lyme-disease-corona-extra-beer.jpg

Last edited:

C No Ego

look into Cymatics .... we are an experiment and we do not decide what's in the airwaves save for our own consciousness emitting frequencies thereupon

hinglemccringleberry

Mother nature is so much better at starting a pandemic than a bioengineer could ever be. We will never initiate one as effectively as her.

ginolicious

You all should look at the map of pollution in China. In January it was heavily polluted. In February after the quarantine pollution subsided. Turns out if we don’t stop polluting our earth with travel. The earth will make us.

uncanni

Well statistically, the corona virus is nowhere near as dangerous or life threatening as the common household influenza virus, especially if you're comparing DEATHS.

This is incorrect. The death rate for Covid 19 is much higher--2-3% versus 0.1% for flu. Got this information from my PULMONOLOGIST.

Here's some info my company sent that may help:Subject: Stanford Notes on Coronavirus

Exactly where does this information come from? I think it's very dangerous and counter-productive to spread information from a non-verified source.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
This is incorrect. The death rate for Covid 19 is much higher--2-3% versus 0.1% for flu. Got this information from my PULMONOLOGIST.

Literally hundreds of sources say otherwise. Check the numbers, besides, a percentage is a weird way to reference when there are potentially millions of undiagnosed cases which would dilute those stats heavily.

His_Highness

Exactly where does this information come from? I think it's very dangerous and counter-productive to spread information from a non-verified source.

I got this in an email from the company I sub to. I've emailed the sender asking for corroboration of the source. Stay tuned.....

His_Highness,
Top Bottom