• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cooling stems for Splinter, Stempod, Tubo, Lil Bud, Mil

GetLeft

I picked up the rbt smoke xl8rs (long and short) for my Mi and the long one certainly cools things down. Haven’t tried the short one yet. It’s curious but for me, DDave’s difuser works better. Just like my F2 with the standard mouthpiece doesn’t irritate me. Getting the vapor dispersed well before inhalation seems to be what works for me. Then again, h2o does the trick too! I’ve never been a water person due to the fact that I generally have to vape on the fly. But my recent issues with lung irritation are making me adjust. I’m not complaining. A nice hit on a Mi through a D-20 provides a nice and lasting experience.

sickmanfraud

Just a quick shout out to @funkyjunky & Company and all here for the new Nub stem.

I just received it (in 5 days from Switzerland) and used it last night. It can get warm if you take long hits one after the other but the cooling from the design of this stem is just wonderful.

I would have to say that the XL8R (long) cools better. But you will not find anything this size that cools so well. I would not take my OG Xl8R out of the house due to its size. The Nub is Perfect.

https://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/product&path=64&product_id=549
nubcooler-300x300.png

The glass is pretty thick I don't think it would survive a fall on a tile floor, but I would be very surprised if it broke on grass, carpet or even a wood deck.

Your luck may be different than mine so don't drop it at all is the best advice I can give.

EDIT: IMPORTANT INFO: This is a stem with a 22mm length which means it will not fit most Splinter models but works well with my Custom Splinter Z.

I have to tell you that in that month I have had the nub I like it more and more.

I have other cooling stems, but even at home I have been using the Nub more and More.

@funkyjunky the nub is amazing.

elykpeace

exVASted
Picked up two nubs direct from China for 20$ shipped. Been using the timber elite through water but I'm hoping the nub with be goodat cooling the vapor a little without any unnecessary height @Bravesst you rock! Love my timber thanks so much

elykpeace,

caseball2051

The nub is the mini ddave cooler I've been searching for. I really enjoy using it.

My cat broke my beloved joda glass custom stem the other day RIP

flammy

I have to tell you that in that month I have had the nub I like it more and more.

I have other cooling stems, but even at home I have been using the Nub more and More.

@funkyjunky the nub is amazing.

I don't want to discourage anyone from getting nubs directly from Lamart but for those who seek a stateside option, rumor has it that we will have a US retailer who will be bringing the nub over from Lamart. Unsure of ETA.

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Picked up two nubs direct from China for 20$ shipped. Been using the timber elite through water but I'm hoping the nub with be goodat cooling the vapor a little without any unnecessary height @Bravesst you rock! Love my timber thanks so much
@funkyjunky Are the Chinese ripping off your design or what ?
I remember reading you had them made in China,guess the guys decided to play it low.

funkyjunky

www.lamart.ch
Manufacturer
apparently other vendors stole the product pictures and put a new listing together (quite a few). my guy is very sorry and got them all removed by the platform, which also supposedly issued penalty points. so far so good i guess, no way for me to tell whats the truth, might have to police patrol there a bit from now on. on the bright side, we have an awesome mouthpiece available. :D

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
apparently other vendors stole the product pictures and put a new listing together (quite a few). my guy is very sorry and got them all removed by the platform, which also supposedly issued penalty points. so far so good i guess, no way for me to tell whats the truth, might have to police patrol there a bit from now on. on the bright side, we have an awesome mouthpiece available. :D
Other vendors ,lol !? Having in mind most of the guys have like 4-5 stores at the platform so dhgate doesnt block all their accounts at once and trade can continue ,sounds pretty sketchy.
Anyway there was a quote which i cannot recall,but it was about being complemental to your product/work if someone else tries to rip it off/copy,then you know you did something really cool :D..
Edited.
("Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...")
I know you dig it mainly for its size/cooling ratio,but it would be interesting to see a larger version with the same tech,but a bit more complicated , a nub within a nub. I dunno if i am making sense but i imagine something like stacking an extra dome over it and make airpath even longer,probably also a bit more bitch for cleaning,but nothing like multi perc wps.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Hmmm. Went to order a Nub but 'Payment not accepted.' Guess I'll read through the thread to see why.

GetLeft,

sickmanfraud

Hmmm. Went to order a Nub but 'Payment not accepted.' Guess I'll read through the thread to see why.

You should tag @funkyjunky so he can get back to you easily. Since this is not "his" thread he may miss the message.

I was aware that there had been intermittent problems with the payment processing system pm @funkyjunky if the problem continues. Take my word for it the nub is worth it even if it takes an email or pm or 2.

GetLeft

Thanks @sickmanfraud . I figured it had something to do with being in the US. Or maybe the card I used had some restrictions on it. I'll try a different card and if that doesn't work I'll shoot him a message.

GetLeft,

elykpeace

exVASted
Where'd you order from? I just tried for a third time (this time with a different card) and I get this:

"Payment not accepted : Payment refused by the financial institution."

@funkyjunky ?
I got them direct from china you should be able to order from shop.lamart.ch and since it's international might have to call the bank to authorize payment

elykpeace,
Reactions: GetLeft

elykpeace

exVASted
Grasshopper. But it's been reliable. I had a few GH and the longest working unit died after 8 months. The stealth factor is the only downside. Timber elite heats up in seconds and tasty clouds even at 330°f. I use it through water most often. Ghost mv1 took a lot of effort to get these tasty clouds.

Timber elite is a portable log but it's got corners.. I had a little bud elite and kept charring/ getting mixed results. Timber elite is a set it and forget vape.

RxPlorer

Ordered myself a nub. Can’t wait to try it! Based on the other stems I’ve tried on the splinter Z I’m excited.

RxPlorer,
Reactions: Summer

RxPlorer

Has anyone recently received a Nub from Lamart.ch? I placed an order back early in October but haven’t been able to make progress on getting a status update. Maybe Ralph has a lot going on right now, I just don’t know if this kind of a wait is typical.

RxPlorer,

RxPlorer

Could you share a link please.

Just be aware that any China-direct units are knock-offs of Ralph's work. While imitation might be a form of praise, choosing to honor the creator for his work is a far higher form.

I just received notification that the nub has cleared customs and is on it's way home! Looking forward to sharing the experience.

sickmanfraud

As I have mentioned before I tried many (most) of the cooling stems currently available.

Yesterday I was removing a slippery nub from cleaning solution (darn you PBW) I dropped a nub on the granite countertop and RIP nub.

Within a half
hour I had ordered 2 more. This time in smoked glass.

The way some describe VAS as a compulsive need, I was uncomfortable until I made the order for 2 New Nubs.

If I am using an 18 mm stem vape (Tubo, Lil Bud, Timber Elite, iHeat, Splinters etc.) I am using a nub.

I especially like the Nub when using the Timber Elite. The TE is on the taller half of the vaporizer scale so the low profile of the Nub makes it seem if the Nub and TE were made for each other.

Thank you @funkyjunky for an amazing cooling stem (among your many GREAT inventions) and thanks to @Bravesst for the Timber Elite to pair with the Nub.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

As I have mentioned before I tried many (most) of the cooling stems currently available.

Yesterday I was removing a slippery nub from cleaning solution (darn you PBW) I dropped a nub on the granite countertop and RIP nub.

Within a half
hour I had ordered 2 more. This time in smoked glass.

The way some describe VAS as a compulsive need, I was uncomfortable until I made the order for 2 New Nubs.

If I am using an 18 mm stem vape (Tubo, Lil Bud, Timber Elite, iHeat, Splinters etc.) I am using a nub.

I especially like the Nub when using the Timber Elite. The TE is on the taller half of the vaporizer scale so the low profile of the Nub makes it seem if the Nub and TE were made for each other.

Thank you @funkyjunky for an amazing cooling stem (among your many GREAT inventions) and thanks to @Bravesst for the Timber Elite to pair with the Nub.

Besides his amazing vapes and stems @funkyjunky has some of the fastest (and least expensive) shipping in the business.

Thursday to Tuesday is amazing for international shipping, but this is the service one gets from Lamart.

Thanks for everything including the instant shipping!!

flammy

Hi all, I have been using my nub that I got with my Dual and TetraX and its a real nice compact option. It's my favorite cooling stem currently. It does get slightly warm at the tip after continued session use but so does the short XL8TR and IMO this does a much better job of cooling.

I personally want to support the makers that I appreciate as well. This said, @VGOODIEZ has brought over some nub stems (even the colored and smoke versions) over and is just started stocking them in his store to help folks who want to avoid the international shipping. I am definitely getting more:

https://vgoodiez.com/collections/lamart

Top Bottom