Concentrates for Noobs - Q&A

Fancy Ant

New Member
Can you make like a QWISO extraction with brown hash? The pressed kind they make in Northern Africa and Asia I mean. I searched so much but couldn't find anything. All the tutorials I found use herb.
 
Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/CC/FW7/OAB
I ordered some 10 mm bangers (and a 14 mm or two) from here ...
and they finally arrived today after nearly 4 months (the seller is right in the area that got hit hard again by covid at the time, they were very responsive and reassuring, before shipping and with the tracking too)
PXL-20220723-012310692.jpg

PXL-20220723-015811198.jpg
The quality is not perfect of course, thinner than expected, some uneven joints, but we'll see how they work out... Can't be mad at the price, just $50 altogether, they even fulfilled my request with the terp slurper giving me blue pearls and pills instead of the red in the listing... Plenty to play with now!
 
Shit Snacks,

florduh

Well-Known Member
I'm gonna be on the road more or less full time again in about a month. In preparation, I've tried out going all hash rosin for the past month. Flower is hard to travel with and use in hotel rooms. My experience has been that I dabbed maybe a little over a gram of hash rosin total in the past month. That was enough to get me where I want to be from 5pm to bedtime every night.

Depends on the quality I was getting, but I saved money over doing the same thing with flower. And that's at outrageous FL prices for rosin. I imagine when I'm in CO, CA, OR the economics will be even more attractive.

I think live/hash rosin provides about 90% of the experience of vaping flower. And that remaining 10% isn't always something I want to experience. Hard to explain but it's sort of a background haze. Sort of feels "dirtier" than dabbing hash. Not necessarily a bad thing. But I found I had more energy and motivation to do something with my night after dabbing sativa leaning hash vs vaping sativa leaning flower. While still being extremely medicated.
 

Phytotherapy

Well-Known Member
I'm gonna be on the road more or less full time again in about a month. In preparation, I've tried out going all hash rosin for the past month. Flower is hard to travel with and use in hotel rooms. My experience has been that I dabbed maybe a little over a gram of hash rosin total in the past month. That was enough to get me where I want to be from 5pm to bedtime every night.

Depends on the quality I was getting, but I saved money over doing the same thing with flower. And that's at outrageous FL prices for rosin. I imagine when I'm in CO, CA, OR the economics will be even more attractive.

I think live/hash rosin provides about 90% of the experience of vaping flower. And that remaining 10% isn't always something I want to experience. Hard to explain but it's sort of a background haze. Sort of feels "dirtier" than dabbing hash. Not necessarily a bad thing. But I found I had more energy and motivation to do something with my night after dabbing sativa leaning hash vs vaping sativa leaning flower. While still being extremely medicated.
Interesting! I am busy with a similar experiment with a travel ahead... what device do you use dabbing?
 
Phytotherapy,
  • Like
Reactions: Ramahs

Phytotherapy

Well-Known Member
Divine Tribe v5 heater in an AVS M22 housing. Made my own cooling stem out of glass tubing, sapphire pearls, and screens.

ii6K5oChf3Aw.png
Funny, I just had my eyes sat on that one... I so far only use a Dynacoil for concentrates. Can you compare, is this a worthwhile upgrade ? (I already own a mod)
 
Phytotherapy,

gotbadvas

Well-Known Member
Divine Tribe v5 heater in an AVS M22 housing. Made my own cooling stem out of glass tubing, sapphire pearls, and screens.

ii6K5oChf3Aw.png
Can you show how you have this setup as far as the heater coil / cup in the M22 housing. I was waiting on the M22 since the start but still have held off. I don't like the DTV5 housing but the device itself is something I would like to try. I have a TRVP V3 right now which I really like but would like to try this setup as well to have a backup when I need to do a tear down and clean but don't feel like it. I have really been getting back into dabs since I finally tore my TRVP apart and built a new coil. I feel like I am maybe a little less tired with the dabs and they don't smell near as much as flower. Biggest thing for me is getting the size of the dab right I kept taking huge ones.
 

florduh

Well-Known Member
I took a quartz banger dab for the first time in years last night. This might sound odd, but can anyone "taste" quartz? I forgot about this but I can always sort of taste quartz at the end of a dab, like if the banger has almost run dry. I've noticed it when I've used quartz cooling balls too. Generally the terps overwhelm that taste, but it's still there.

It's not an offputting taste. More of a "mouth feel". But it's unique to quartz. Don't notice it on SiC, Ceramic, or even Ti. Am I alone here?



Can you show how you have this setup as far as the heater coil / cup in the M22 housing. I was waiting on the M22 since the start but still have held off. I don't like the DTV5 housing but the device itself is something I would like to try. I have a TRVP V3 right now which I really like but would like to try this setup as well to have a backup when I need to do a tear down and clean but don't feel like it. I have really been getting back into dabs since I finally tore my TRVP apart and built a new coil. I feel like I am maybe a little less tired with the dabs and they don't smell near as much as flower. Biggest thing for me is getting the size of the dab right I kept taking huge ones.

Hey I'm sorry dude, I somehow missed this. It's not a complicated setup. The M22 allows standard RDA metal coils to be used as well as the ESCC. I just trim the v5 cup leads and screw them into the base. Just like with the regular DT housing any RDA. Easy peasy.
 

gotbadvas

Well-Known Member
I took a quartz banger dab for the first time in years last night. This might sound odd, but can anyone "taste" quartz? I forgot about this but I can always sort of taste quartz at the end of a dab, like if the banger has almost run dry. I've noticed it when I've used quartz cooling balls too. Generally the terps overwhelm that taste, but it's still there.

It's not an offputting taste. More of a "mouth feel". But it's unique to quartz. Don't notice it on SiC, Ceramic, or even Ti. Am I alone here?





Hey I'm sorry dude, I somehow missed this. It's not a complicated setup. The M22 allows standard RDA metal coils to be used as well as the ESCC. I just trim the v5 cup leads and screw them into the base. Just like with the regular DT housing any RDA. Easy peasy.
Oh I forgot about it as well I figured it out once I had the parts in my hands. I find my housing heats up a lot and it uses so much more battery than the coil. I didn't have much luck with the M22 with the coil though I like my trvp v3 much better. Does your housing get hot as well? I figure its just the nature of this cup heater just throwing off a lot of heat. I still need to play around with it more honestly have been not feeling like fiddling with gadgets the last few weeks lol. I need to order a round bottom banger for when I just don't feel like fucking around.
 

florduh

Well-Known Member
Does your housing get hot as well? I figure its just the nature of this cup heater just throwing off a lot of heat.

Yes, the housing does get hot. Less hot than the DTv5 or even the old Sai buckets. But still hot. And you're right, cup heaters do throw out a whole lot of heat.

IME, the M22 works as a pocketable portable if you do one rice grain or smaller dab, and get it all into your lungs in less than 10 seconds. The housing will be hot, but not burn-your-balls-off hot after one heating cycle. It's the back to back hits that really get the housing toasty.

I've been running the M22 with tiny dabs using wattage curves. No need to fuck with the clips. It basically operate like a cart or pod, just a second or two slower. But with cold start dab level taste.
 
Top Bottom