Gear Concentrate accessory questions (Ti, SS, Nails, Dabbers)

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
I'm making this thread because I feel it could become a useful resource to those who are new to concentrates, such as myself :) I am relatively new to this game; I still have a few unanswered questions and things that I would like opinions/reassurance/guidance on.

For those that use a nail/dome setup with a Ti nail, what brand nail do you use? (anyone with experience/reliable info feel free to chime in) I ask because I am looking to upgrade(IMO) to a Titanium nail, and I don't want to pay top dollar for a Highly Educated Ti nail, (or other brand) if I don't need to. I have found a variety of options at different prices, but I don't know what to trust. My LHS carries a few nails (believe they are HE) and they are overpriced by about $10-$15 vs ALT, which is reasonable for a brick and mortar store I suppose.

I have also found nails on eBay, and other various websites. One site that is particularly intriguing, is iOffer.com I have found one nail that I like, out of three that are priced around $30. What does everyone else use? I have heard of Dab n' Flow, and a few other name brands that escape me, and I have heard others say that generic is fine. I also understand that I can't get a %100 guarantee on a generic piece of Ti over the internet, etc...So that's where I ask for hands on experience from users, etc.

My other question is pertaining to dabbers; What dabber do you use? I currently use a SS wax carving tool (looks identical to a dental pick) that I got a set of for ~$10 on amazon...came with quite a few with different ends. I used my torch to heat the tip of one to a red glow, and it is now darker on the end where I torched it; where it goes from dark back to the shiny SS, it is slightly rainbow colored. Not sure what this indicates :| So, I just let my dabs barely stick onto the dabber, and I hold them above the nail allowing them to fall off (the dabber doesn't make contact with the nail) (see video)

I would like to stick with something non-glass. I love glass, but glass breaks easier than SS, Ti, etc. It's just nice peace of mind knowing my tools are less fragile IMO. Once again, I also would rather avoid the Highly Educated Ti Dabber, due to the price, unless there is a reason that warrants it Vs a cheaper alternative.

I hope none of this is old info/already discussed info. I have searched, and haven't found enough info to feel confident in deciding what to purchase, and I need the good ol' FC opinion!

Thanks! :peace:

SD_haze

Dabber wise, these guys make every type of functional dabber conceivable, double sided, single sided, and whatever ends you want.

They're based in southern california but I believe you email them for shipping (website still in progress)
[[pre-shipping they're only like $5 each]]

infoAT710tools.com

710 Tools:
The ones on the left are awesome for budder, can just stab off a little chunk.
710toolsgroup.JPG

PS:
710=OIL reflected ;)

4/20 might have been last week but 7/10/2012 is still approaching!

SD_haze,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Dabber wise, these guys make every type of functional dabber conceivable, double sided, single sided, and whatever ends you want.

They're based in southern california but I believe you email them for shipping (website still in progress)

infoAT710tools.com

710 Tools:
710toolsgroup.JPG

PS:
710=OIL reflected ;)

Thanks for the tip! and I was hoping that's what 710 referred to :) I've been noticing it around the web recently in my new endeavors. Those little "pitch fork" dabbers look pretty awesome!

Purpl3_Haz3,

Evry1concentrate

It's 7:10, maryjane you better concentrate.
I'm making this thread because I feel it could become a useful resource to those who are new to concentrates, such as myself :) I am relatively new to this game; I still have a few unanswered questions and things that I would like opinions/reassurance/guidance on.

For those that use a nail/dome setup with a Ti nail, what brand nail do you use? (anyone with experience/reliable info feel free to chime in) I ask because I am looking to upgrade(IMO) to a Titanium nail, and I don't want to pay top dollar for a Highly Educated Ti nail, (or other brand) if I don't need to. I have found a variety of options at different prices, but I don't know what to trust. My LHS carries a few nails (believe they are HE) and they are overpriced by about $10-$15 vs ALT, which is reasonable for a brick and mortar store I suppose.

I have also found nails on eBay, and other various websites. One site that is particularly intriguing, is iOffer.com I have found one nail that I like, out of three that are priced around $30. What does everyone else use? I have heard of Dab n' Flow, and a few other name brands that escape me, and I have heard others say that generic is fine. I also understand that I can't get a %100 guarantee on a generic piece of Ti over the internet, etc...So that's where I ask for hands on experience from users, etc.

My other question is pertaining to dabbers; What dabber do you use? I currently use a SS wax carving tool (looks identical to a dental pick) that I got a set of for ~$10 on amazon...came with quite a few with different ends. I used my torch to heat the tip of one to a red glow, and it is now darker on the end where I torched it; where it goes from dark back to the shiny SS, it is slightly rainbow colored. Not sure what this indicates :| So, I just let my dabs barely stick onto the dabber, and I hold them above the nail allowing them to fall off (the dabber doesn't make contact with the nail) (see video)

I would like to stick with something non-glass. I love glass, but glass breaks easier than SS, Ti, etc. It's just nice peace of mind knowing my tools are less fragile IMO. Once again, I also would rather avoid the Highly Educated Ti Dabber, due to the price, unless there is a reason that warrants it Vs a cheaper alternative.

I hope none of this is old info/already discussed info. I have searched, and haven't found enough info to feel confident in deciding what to purchase, and I need the good ol' FC opinion!

Thanks! :peace:

I've always had good luck with highly educated TI . And the kid task that owns the company is a good dude. With the name comes a price tag. But he makes sick nails and dabblers bro !! Aside from that you can find cheaper ones, just make sure it's always grade 2 TI, from a REPUTIBLE company. I've actually picked up a grade 2 ( like you said no proof) 14 ml nail for 22 bucks with free shipping from eBay, and I tell ya, I can't see a difference aside from cup size being a little smaller.

Evry1concentrate,
Reactions: Purpl3_Haz3

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Task had a contest on instagram two nights ago for "best picture" my girlfriend posted one of her hitting my stereo matrix with a huge dab and we got chosen as one of the winners! He let us choose anything from the HE lineup except for the E-nail haha.

He's giving us a free 18mm nail set with his new thin fins and concave cup (curved inward TI). Truly is an awesome guy!!!

467f1c9a8f4311e1abb01231381b65e3_6.jpg
(here's the pic :D)

Evry1concentrate

Task had a contest on instagram two nights ago for "best picture" my girlfriend posted one of her hitting my stereo matrix with a huge dab and we got chosen as one of the winners! He let us choose anything from the HE lineup except for the E-nail haha.

He's giving us a free 18mm nail set with his new thin fins and concave cup (curved inward TI). Truly is an awesome guy!!!

your psyched !!! i want one of the new concaves so bad !!! i have the v3 in 14 and 18 and the 3 dabbers from HI and i love them. your really gonna like your new toys !!! theres a reason they cost more, and the name is definitely not the only reason. So congrats brother !!!! to u and your girl. you guys did a great job with the pic !!

Evry1concentrate,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Thanks for the replies Evry1concentrate, and MarcellusWiley! I suppose I will save some pennies and spring for the HE Ti nail...I really want the adjustable (V3) 18mm, just can't justify it after buying a gong dome/nail/recycler at the LHS, and an upcoming Cloud purchase (hopefully sometime soon too!) As for dabbers, I'm gonna stick with what I have for dabbers/check out the 710tools.

Purpl3_Haz3,

The pic came out awesome and I agree with what you said TI is most certainly the way to go. Especially after he's made some adjustments and tweaks to the domes.

VapeXhaleCloudIsLEGENDARY,
Reactions: Puffers

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Purple, look into the Astronaut Glass TI "tube". new type of concentrate apparatus made of TI and glass. Just found out about it recently! Here's an awesome HQ video of it.

thing probably deserves its own thread to be honest. the way its made it has no airflow restriction... I'm looking into getting one for my mobius penta disc, he makes female and male versions. Pretty awesome!

MarcellusWiley,
Reactions: OhTheAgony

SD_haze

Purple, look into the Astronaut Glass TI "tube". new type of concentrate apparatus made of TI and glass. Just found out about it recently! Here's an awesome HQ video of it.

thing probably deserves its own thread to be honest. the way its made it has no airflow restriction... I'm looking into getting one for my mobius penta disc, he makes female and male versions. Pretty awesome!

oh snap!
instantaneous heat-up!

I tried searching online but cannot find it for sale anywhere :/

edit:
found this funny .gif
titube.gif

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
oh snap!
instantaneous heat-up!

I tried searching online but cannot find it for sale anywhere :/

You have to contact him by e-mail or by facebook. I believe the facebook is facebook.com/astronautglass

He's still pretty small time but obviously an innovator! So I don't think he has a website yet. But the design does look great for heating up quickly and having a lot of surface area and no air restriction!

MarcellusWiley,

SD_haze

You have to contact him by e-mail or by facebook. I believe the facebook is facebook.com/astronautglass

He's still pretty small time but obviously an innovator! So I don't think he has a website yet. But the design does look great for heating up quickly and having a lot of surface area and no air restriction!

Ah neat. Found pricing on the facebook.
Not too shabby

*Pricing* (standard ti-tube)
75 - Clear
95 - Worked (mounts, lip, or other)
120- Heady (fully worked)
150- Super Heady (fully worked + added steeze)

+shipping
+$5 for 'heavy hitter' 0.5" option (larger, heavier wall ti-tube)

SD_haze,

MarcellusWiley

Dab Trotter
Yea a TI Nail set is 50-80 probably, then you throw in the globe and adapters and you are closer to 120 probably. For 75 you can be dabbing on a female or male piece right away, good deal IMO! I'm looking to get the female 18mm tube he has hopefully still available lol. (heavy hitter for sure :p)

MarcellusWiley,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Official thread only posted 5 days ago, damn.

2012 errl tech is getting awesome :science:

I know!!! I'm a lil confused on what the female GONG connection coming from the center of the wheel is for, but didn't wanna be the dumbass to post that question as the 8th post in the thread over there...

Purpl3_Haz3,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
That thing looks insane, not sure how well it would work though, I remember using glass nails and replacing them like every week or so...

You can still use a Ti nail with it...think of it as a replacement for your recycler/M<->M piece that holds a female piece on a non DI rig. In other words, I don't see this needing to be replaced any more than the average male/male piece or recycler...the nail still takes the heat. I also don't know how anyone goes through boro in a week or less...not to hate, but I'm new to all of this, and I have two glass nails (boro) and only one is cracked (still fully usable) and I've been on the other one for at least 2 weeks now. I heat them up numerous times a day, going through a 3.04floz can of tane in my bernzo mini, every couple days to 3 days.

Purpl3_Haz3,

Evry1concentrate

as long as the artist didn't go trying to stuff as many as possible in the kiln, that boro will have no problem handling the heat. This thing is kinda cool, i want one. Its like a noodle that you don't have to worry about breaking. I tell you i just picked up an omicron v2 concentrate personal vape, and it has changed my life !!! the taste is, not even comparable to anything else I've come across. and i have a 14 and 18 v3 a v2 and all the dabbers for my toro macro. But in the concentrate set up I can take .5 of shatter, and on a 2.4 cartridge it lasts 400 hits(really does, around 4 maybe 25 off maybe, come on that's a dab) and you will get half that, if you use a 1.5 cartridge but those hits will be milked !!! it comes with the fill tool meant to hit with your torch to melt in the full melts. Hey its only been a week here i don't want to jump the gun, but ! I have the the same feeling i did the first time i vaporized out of an ssv. :-) And people are already using them everywhere (well these came out in march, as much as they can in a month) now that ecigs are allowed in restaurants and airports, its all good since you create your own mixtures of choice for each cartomizer.

Evry1concentrate,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Evry1concentrate

infoAT710tools.com

710 Tools:
710toolsgroup.JPG

PS:
710=OIL reflected ;)

wow i want all those options !!!!

Evry1concentrate,

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
So, I have stumbled upon another concentrate accessory that I'd like to share. I'm sure some of you have heard about it, but I couldn't find any info here; DoYouDab Titanium Nails. Someone over on TC posted up a thread about them...

I could write a lot, but the review posted on TC is better than anything I could type up...and the few pages following it show that people are loving it! Below is the beginning of the review I linked above...

What up fellow TCers,

If you're into vaping concentrates, I've got here for review, something you definitely should look into…

I came across these nails surfing another forum and promptly pulled all strings to figure out where I could find one. Usually I wouldn't bother with any other adjustable nail as I was certain I was using the best, but after seeing a picture of these I knew they could be something special. They feature a cupped/tapered head, flush fins with what looks like superior air flow, a smaller threaded rod (diameter), and a counter-weight that also doubles as cupped/tapered head. They are made from commercially pure grade 2 titanium......

Evry1concentrate

So, I have stumbled upon another concentrate accessory that I'd like to share. I'm sure some of you have heard about it, but I couldn't find any info here; DoYouDab Titanium Nails. Someone over on TC posted up a thread about them...

I could write a lot, but the review posted on TC is better than anything I could type up...and the few pages following it show that people are loving it! Below is the beginning of the review I linked above...
Hey man ! i just checked out those nails, and there awesome. I'm ordering one fuck it ! Add it to the ti collection, so when i need a new hip later in life, i might have enough to melt down and save a few bucks.

Purpl3_Haz3

On a Permanent Vakation
Hey man ! i just checked out those nails, and there awesome. I'm ordering one fuck it ! Add it to the ti collection, so when i need a new hip later in life, i might have enough to melt down and save a few bucks.

hahaha right? Let me know what ya think! If I can manage, I'd like to pick one of these up in the next couple weeks...

Purpl3_Haz3,
Top Bottom