• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Combustion Confessional

Noonan

I have a MFLB with PA. I vape like 2-3 trenches a night during the week and use it pretty much all the time on the weekend. The MFLB has been my only way of inhaling THC since I got it on Christmas eve... Minus 2-3 blunts that were very very harsh and not enjoyable.

I have been noticing recently that I can get high, but usually peak at a certain point and can't get any higher. The first few hits are very noticable but towered the end of the night I can't really tell if I'm still high. Like I said I peak at a certain point but I'm not all that high at the peak.

Last night I was hanging out with some buddies and we combusted a few bowls.. Not a bong just a small bowl. I got ripped. I was STONED for hours.

So I'm wondering if I need to switch it up? I know before I vaped I always switched up methods (blunts, bowls, bong, etc) and that always worked. I did that because I knew if I only smoked blunts for a month or so, I guess it becomes too common and I get used to it. I'm wondering if that's what happened to my MFLB? I know some people on here have only used their MFLB for like a year... So I dunno.

Its possible that it was the weed. It was my weed. I picked it up right before going to my friends. I've been getting from the same guy for a very long time. I know he only has good bud so I don't even ask what kind it is. He usually doesn't say without me asking unless it's something real special- and he didn't mention anything.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Noonan,

Nosferatu

For me at least, the MFLB wouldn't always cut it. Maybe first time of the day it will get me ripped but after that I want to hit something harder. I'd say a big hitting vape like the DBV or LSV would satisfy you, they sure do for me, even more than smoking a pipe. But yeah I'm in the same boat with the MFLB, I max out on it and need a harder hitting vape. I recommend a 7th Floor product.

Nosferatu,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
I still mix vapo techniques (whip/balloon/direct draw) and will always switch (techniques/strains...) as I believe each technique as its pros & cons.
I confirm that a 7th floor product or a Supreme will give you the closest sensation to combusting "throat effect" + the heavier/thicker clouds... The hight level will follow!
To me a balloon is also a very good alternative for big tasty rips and a great "peak escape"...
Mix/switch is the secret! ;)

FLskwat,

Beezleb

FLskwat said:
I still mix vapo techniques (whip/balloon/direct draw) and will always switch (techniques/strains...) as I believe each technique as its pros & cons.
I confirm that a 7th floor product or a Supreme will give you the closest sensation to combusting "throat effect" + the heavier/thicker clouds... The hight level will follow!
To me a balloon is also a very good alternative for big tasty rips and a great "peak escape"...
Mix/switch is the secret! ;)

I am much the same.

Beezleb,

SundayVaper

Nosferatu said:
For me at least, the MFLB wouldn't always cut it. Maybe first time of the day it will get me ripped but after that I want to hit something harder. I'd say a big hitting vape like the DBV or LSV would satisfy you, they sure do for me, even more than smoking a pipe. But yeah I'm in the same boat with the MFLB, I max out on it and need a harder hitting vape. I recommend a 7th Floor product.

I've had that same problem. My EQ had to get sent in for warranty repair, leaving me with just my MFLB and I've had to result to smoking a few times in the evening to get a more noticeable feeling.

SundayVaper,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I think the effects you are looking for come from high temperatures and not from any particular vaporizer, so this is largely a matter of technique. At high temperatures you are releasing a much broader spectrum of active components simultaneously, which is more similar to combustion.

You can get this from your LB if you simply preheat a little longer and hit it as slowly as possible. In fact doing this requires caution because it is possible to scorch your material to black or even reach combustion. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...F_Does_it_really_deliver_thick_cloudy_hits.3F

This is not directed towards anyone in particular, but frankly it's getting a bit old seeing people say that you need some kind of "big hitting vape" because you can't get big hits from the LB. You can. It's not hard, lots of people do it all the time, and with the PA it has gotten even easier. All you have to do is learn proper technique.

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
@Pakalolo, I'm totally aware of the possibility of big hits with the MFLB, and I know you were not pointing me in particular.
I just really think (by experience) IMO, the SSV for example can be hit hard: I mean heaaaavy pull (big suction) & high speed. THIS will give the impression, the feeling, the sensation researched by ex-combusters, ex-bongers etc...and that I translated with "throat effect".
Indeed you can create big clouds with the MFLB and I have experienced it, but with a specific technique and a breathing regulation. I really think other vapes are naturally more oriented towards big hits...

FLskwat,
If you have glass at your disposal a glass vapobowl or vapocane can deliver fantastic, dense hits as well.

charliedontsurf,

Nosferatu

I didnt mean to say you cant at all get good hits from the MFLB, I know all the techniques. But cmon, you must admit it takes longer, is more unpleasant, and still doesnt get as big a hit as these "hard hitters."

The MFLB is great, and can always get me to where my LSV can, but it would definately take me way longer, and my throat would be worn out by the time I got there. But maybe thats just me.

Nosferatu,

max

Out to lunch
The OP stated he got higher, longer, from combusting. As pakalolo stated, this is probably a factor of temp, up to combustion. It could be argued that the fact that the LB doesn't supply big hits as easily as some other models is cancelled to an extent by the fact that it can easily achieve high temps. IMO the OP's state of being 'stoned for hours' was likely due to the sedative effects from not only high temp sedative cannabis compounds, but also from the sedative effects of smoke byproducts that have nothing to do with weed, and everything to do with smoke. You shouldn't expect the same effect from vaping that you get with smoking. You're inhaling additional chemicals and they do have an effect. It's up to the individual as to whether the additional effect is wanted or not.

max,

Nycdeisel

I find that whatever method you use most often has a lot to do with this.

For me, personally, I almost never smoke anymore. However, when I DO smoke(on the rare occasion), I find that the high is peaking shortly after smoking, but the peak doesnt last for long, and then I feel burnt out, and smoke of any kind really does a number on my throat...

Its different for everyone, though.
I also recommend that you look into a good vaporizer that can provide hotter vapor.
This also helps to explain why many vaporists(in this case, vaporists will mean people who usually do NOT smoke, but vape instead) own and use multiple units, strains, techniques, etc etc like stated above, they all will contribute to different effects, further helping to eliminate smoke, or 'filling the gap' almost.

Nycdeisel,

luchiano

I think you got stoned and it hit you so hard compared to vaping is because when you smoke you are inahling a lot of particulate matter from the plant fibers whereas vaping is leaving these behind and this got your immune system going and this contributed to the high you felt. Plus when you burn herb so fast and at a high heat a lot of the thc oxidizes into cbn which affects the high or rather stone and extends it and it hits you immune system. I think when you experience the brain high and the body high at the same time it gives a more pronounced experience than either by themselves as long as the potency is in the same range.

If you want to vape yet still get this body feeling just eat some edibles with a little abv or unvaped herbs along with a high carb meal like spaghetti and sauce or macaronin and cheese(don't eat too much protein) along with some fruit(for fiber and to get the absorption going), a few hours before vaping and this should get your body feeling good and when you vape you will get the high you want.

This will beat smoking because you will get a high amount of thc through vaping and your body will get a high amount of thc/cbn through ingestion and the carbs causing the insulin to send the nutrients to the muscles. Try to eat some good extra virgin olive oil, a nice whole small avocado, or at least an ounce of nuts and seeds with the meal also to send the thc/cbn to the lymphatic system and this will really get your stone going because this is an important part of your immune system. In essence you are eating certain foods to send the thc/cbn to the muscles and to activate your immune system which gives a good feeling when certain molecules are activated due to their ability to diminish pain and cannabis acts on these molecules.

EDIT: I forgot to mention if you want to feel the pain relieving affects as well as enhance the high drink tart cherry juice everyday with the what I mentioned and that will help give the affects of smoking meaning the stone or body high not the cloudy lethargic affects because it effects the molecules that diminish pain and also has melatonin in it and this the what cannabis releases and affects. Cherrypharm has the best that I know of. http://www.cherrypharm.com/

luchiano,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I hate combusting, I have had bad experiences. Once I blacked out twice...

In general it hurts my lungs, tastes like shit, and is just not fun. Yes it will get you high as SHIT, but in the end I think the clear minded/headedness of vaping is far more preferable.

Elluzion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Nosferatu said:
I didnt mean to say you cant at all get good hits from the MFLB, I know all the techniques. But cmon, you must admit it takes longer, is more unpleasant, and still doesnt get as big a hit as these "hard hitters."

The MFLB is great, and can always get me to where my LSV can, but it would definately take me way longer, and my throat would be worn out by the time I got there. But maybe thats just me.

No, it's not just you. I mostly agree with you.

If you define "hard hitters" by how hard you suck on them (viz. FLskwat) then of course the LB isn't like them. On the contrary, the thickness of the hit is increased by drawing more gently. If you define them by the amount of vapour released per hit, again the LB doesn't do that. That kind of cloud is inefficient, and the LB is designed for efficiency.

There is another big difference between the LB and those other devices: the LB is making that thick vapour virtually inside your mouth. This can certainly be more unpleasant and harder on the throat. You have to learn how to handle that.

With proper breath control, I can get thick, high temperature hits that will work just as fast as any other device. My throat isn't worn out when I get there, and I will bet I've used less medicinal phytosubstrates than your "hard hitter" to do it. As far as time goes, I can match you hit for hit on whatever device you choose.

In the alley, 4:20, you're going down.

pakalolo,

steven22

I vary it up a little... iv been toking for about 3-5 times a day for the past 2 years. and own an extreme and MFLB.

the MFLB does tend to be weak after using consecutively for more than 3 sessions for me. and then I switch to the extreme which hits me almost twice as hard.

and in between about once a week, I hit one bowl out of a pipe. the taste sucks, everything sucks but the high is awesome. and I figured, one bowl ... about 4-5 hits of combustion isnt that bad once a week. never more.

sometimes I dont even combust, I just switch it up between high temp bag/whip , low temp bag/whip and MFLB. cant get bored with those options.

steven22,

sunsett70

i dont know about all that eating abv/edibles and preparing other stuff or taking different strains to reach the stoned feeling (not everyone can get different strains). Sometimes the 'extra work' is overkill and exactly the kind of 'overload' of variables that put people off vaporizing. To that, the pro-combusters or fence sitters would just say f**k all that and smoke a joint cause to them a joint is a joint; simplicity is sometimes nice to have. At the end of a hard long day, the last thing some people want is to be bothered about all the choice of variables just to get to a desired stoned level. i think vaporizing should be as 'simple' as possible and gets you to as high/higher than combusting using the same amount of herb.

Having said that, imho the biggest variable that needs to be tweaked is vaporizer choice. i just get brick weed here where i live, sometimes really good, mostly ok, occasionally crap but I've stopped combusting for awhile after i got me a hard-hitting UD log vape (fixed temp). so yeah, maybe the mflb is a light hitter if you want to go over-the-top.

have you tried the more kick-ass ones like the ssv/dbv or log vapes (ud or hi)? My ud definitely matches the high/stone that i get from combusting; damn thing gets me so loaded at night (even on 1-2 stems) that i have had to say 'stop, this is too much'. sometimes next day i still feel floaty BUT without the burnt out feeling from smoking.

sunsett70,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I gotta be honest, just for the non-combusting element, vaporizing is worth it. Even if it was an inferior method to get high, which it isn't IMO. At best, it is just different.

When you first start smoking, you learn to feel the high, you learn how to be high. When you switch, you learn a different technique, with aspects in common and others not so much. This can be tricky for the new vaporist, because he already knows one kind of high and he hopes to replicate it exactly with vaporizing.

I love the ritual of smoking joints, if there could be a way of vaporizing with joints i would do it. But turns out, it is not possible and i am happy with my choice since i don't want to be a smoker anymore.

I would rather use more herb to be as high as with combusting, have 2-3 vaporizers for every need plus glass and take my time setting it up to start vaporizing if it means staying healthier and smoke free
But, the truth is you neither use more herb or take more time setting it up when you vaporize and i get way higher, just not as numb as before.

I have an MFLB as well as buddha and i use both. The LB is good for a quick-not-much-hassle session and when out of the house. The buddha is when i want to chill while watching a movie or something and it gets me there faster and i easily get higher, although i think it is much easier to lose precious THC in the huge clouds i exhale.

Switching it up won't do much, either buy a hard hitter like some people have suggested or take a couple of t-breaks or both.
The only thing switching it up will do is put you a step closer to combusting again.

vorrange,
Modnote: This post and the following 11 posts were merged into an existing thread. Original thread title: I Combusted Tonight

Fuck me? Fine. I felt like it. I'd nearly forgotten the uniqueness of walking into the fire (Dokken fills my mind). My lungs will live another day... This may be a lonely thread, but I walk alone, so there.

Last edited by a moderator:
kelper,
Reactions: Vicki

SD_haze

I'll combust every now and then and it really makes me appreciate vapor all the more :-)

Still haven't combusted even once through my new Apix Stemline piece though.

SD_haze,
Reactions: Rocco

GreenRoom

My connect went out of business and I'm somewhat new to my area. So I had to combust AVB yesterday. I hang my head in shame. The future looks bleak.

GreenRoom,

Rocco

I combust every blue moon or so...all my friends are still hung up on combusting so I find it rude to turn down a piece being handed to me, though I do refuse when my throat gets scratchy ( they are slowly seeing the light in Vaporizing though ;)) But ya, my favorite to combust is probably A j-bird or high quality water pipes.

Rocco,
Top Bottom