Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

FearAndLawyering

If you attempt the repair, make sure you clamp the spiral to both wires very secure. If not, once you pull both wires to “seat” the ceramic piece with the spiral, the one end of the wire can slip from the clamp and will leave the clamped metal piece jammed in the ceramic tube. If this happens, it can be very difficult to clear this jammed piece.
thank you for the advice. i will probably try to DIY it because the idea of shipping it makes me anxious. I was doing a local sale when I noticed it wasnt working lol. yeah those crimp pieces are going to be tricky, might have to go a different direction if sourcing is hard

vapirtoo

I watched the repair video, and I loved the finishing touch of swinging the Vapbong
by its power cord. I'm a decent DIYer, but I would not attempt this repair. Old crusty
had a loose spiral and was repaired in two weeks!

Update on having two Vapbongs:
Old crusty feels better with its angled mouth piece and carb hole.
The new plum jelly is feeling better eventhough I'm always searching for a carb hole.
They both hit the same with old crusty winning the kinesthetics.
I've moved the heat up to 10.7 for both.
I have never combusted all the way up to 11.0.
I turn it on when I wake up, and turn it off when I sleep. :)

FearAndLawyering

yeah DIY repair is a pain in the ass unless you have the exact right pieces and tools. Im not really comfortable shipping it so I'm committed to fixing it myself lol. got it all fixed up, let it run a couple hours to check. voltage drop was minimal. put it back together and dropped it off to my friends house and we plug it in and it drops from 12v to 9v and wont get hot again... one of the wires came loose, I didnt have the right size crimping tool I guess.

first try -
next try this weekend

Kaptan

yeah DIY repair is a pain in the ass unless you have the exact right pieces and tools. Im not really comfortable shipping it so I'm committed to fixing it myself lol. got it all fixed up, let it run a couple hours to check. voltage drop was minimal. put it back together and dropped it off to my friends house and we plug it in and it drops from 12v to 9v and wont get hot again... one of the wires came loose, I didnt have the right size crimping tool I guess.

first try -
next try this weekend
It looks like you have the coil placed incorrectly as both leads that connect to the internal wires should come off the round ceramic piece from the same end as the wires need to be recessed in the 2 rear channels.

Kaptan,

FearAndLawyering

I dont think thats true, if you look at the 2nd pic to last, if you zoom in, im routing that wire back through the center and both come out the back into the channels. i think specifically where I went wrong is the metal sleeve being too wide for the center of the ceramic rod, and pulling loose. i have better crimpers coming friday

FearAndLawyering,
Reactions: vapirtoo

Kaptan

I dont think thats true, if you look at the 2nd pic to last, if you zoom in, im routing that wire back through the center and both come out the back into the channels. i think specifically where I went wrong is the metal sleeve being too wide for the center of the ceramic rod, and pulling loose. i have better crimpers coming friday
Sorry, I missed viewing the last 2 pics. Make sure when you do crimp the wires to the coil that you crimp on all areas of the sleeve to be sure you have a secure tight connection.

Kaptan,

FearAndLawyering

coolbreeze

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Just had to share this one from @Jaxels (jaxelsart) IG page:

Haha so fun, I also love those two you can see in the background on the right side

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
There new Bubble Bandit Models!

Ah that is a great name for them! I've seen them teased on Instagram a bit and they look so cool... I love that poppy fields funfetti glaze lol

Check here :

Oh yeah we do have a new thread focused on new Jaxel!

coolbreeze

An old-school Saturday night: a Vapbong loaded with Hindu Kush and the GD show of the day, The Music Box in Omaha, 02-04-1969. Cheers!
IMG-3667.jpg

vapirtoo

This vape has been my daily driver for 2 years come April.
It is the easiest way to vape at home with the form following
function synergy.
I clean it in the morning, turn it on and leave it on till bedtime.
Rinse and repeat!
This has killed the VAS beast...... for now.
I wanted a simple Vape not a science experiment.

Jaxels (jaxelsart)

Manufacturer
Where do I go to get screens? Cos last time I used it I combusted and the screen melted. I'm actually not okay with the screen melting, but it is what it is...
Pode obter telas de aço em qualquer loja de tabaco bem abastecida. São muito duráveis se os queimarmos com cuidado :-) saudamo-lo calorosamente :-)

Sorry :-/ In any well-stocked tobacco store you can get steel screens. They are very durable if you burn them out with care :-) we greet you warmly :-)

PossumMD

Pode obter telas de aço em qualquer loja de tabaco bem abastecida. São muito duráveis se os queimarmos com cuidado :-) saudamo-lo calorosamente :-)

Sorry :-/ In any well-stocked tobacco store you can get steel screens. They are very durable if you burn them out with care :-) we greet you warmly :-)
I was hoping for something like this, what diameter should I be looking for?

PossumMD,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

passenger

is this thing on?
Where do I go to get screens? Cos last time I used it I combusted and the screen melted. I'm actually not okay with the screen melting, but it is what it is...
What temperature is needed to actually melt it? I torch the screen clean every time, glowing red, I don't think the Vapbong is capable to produce that kind of heat? I am just curious what happened there.

PossumMD

What temperature is needed to actually melt it? I torch the screen clean every time, glowing red, I don't think the Vapbong is capable to produce that kind of heat? I am just curious what happened there.
I was super surprised too. I had bought it to a friend's house to show off how awesome vaping is. Did not go according to plan...

Top Bottom