Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Lozo

Well my lovely Obsidian arrived after being delayed in the UPS system here for a while and unfortunately the heater is broken from the body. I think customs were heavy handed with the box......so very sad about this but I have reached out to Daniel to update him. Sometimes life just keeps on giving.....feeling a bit low anyway and this just topped off my week.

checkyourlibido

Well my lovely Obsidian arrived after being delayed in the UPS system here for a while and unfortunately the heater is broken from the body. I think customs were heavy handed with the box......so very sad about this but I have reached out to Daniel to update him. Sometimes life just keeps on giving.....feeling a bit low anyway and this just topped off my week.
That's heartbreaking. Whoever made that put so much work into that. UPS beat the shit out of my Collyland box. I've never been delivered a box in such bad shape. They had opened it to see that the box inside(the Art of Vapor box inside the brown box). I guess they saw the interior box inside was intact and delivered the package.

Thankfully they packaged it so well. UPS must have gone to town on yours.

Edit: deleted a sentence because of the post right above mine that came in after I hit the post button.

Danez4twenty

This genuinely made me feel so sad for you!!! 💔

Lozo

Hey @Ripstar happy to hear yours arrived in good condition, Daniel being the good guy he is, is sending me out a new Obsidian but there's no way I can throw this one out, so I'm doing my best to repair it. Broken heater is now epoxy glued back into position as best I can, I think it's sealing the the bowl well and now I'm waiting on some fine ceramic filler and paints to arrive.

Thanks all for the nice words and support, you're a good bunch.

checkyourlibido

Man, I always forget how silly it is to post on this board, lol. Got a link instead. Enjoyed all weekend, good to have back in rotation.

Plum Jelly
Plum Jelly 2
That looks like candy, very nice!!!

Yeah, I'm glad it's difficult to post images, I'd be posting dumb memes or doxing myself, either way, I'm better off this way.

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
Humbled and honored to announce that I will be working together with Jaxel's Art as their sole distributor of vapbongs here in both the United States and Canada!

Extremely excited to be working with and helping to support such amazing artists and their artwork, which I am so passionate about!

Classic Vapbongs are already in stock! More shipments are on the way! Website will be opening soon... Any questions, feel free to reach out!

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Humbled and honored to announce that I will be working together with Jaxel's Art as their sole distributor of vapbongs here in both the United States and Canada!

Extremely excited to be working with and helping to support such amazing artists and their artwork, which I am so passionate about!

Classic Vapbongs are already in stock! More shipments are on the way! Website will be opening soon... Any questions, feel free to reach out!
Are you the guy who's gonna fix my vapbong when I mail it out?

Zuhdj,
Reactions: Kaptan

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Welcome to FC @GlassGrassOrVAS glad Jaxel will have some good help and are getting set up to sell well! Their thread here:

GlassGrassOrVAS

Retailer
Welcome to FC @GlassGrassOrVAS glad Jaxel will have some good help and are getting set up to sell well! Their thread here:
Thank you brother, I appreciate the help navigating and the warm welcome! 🙏

Lozo

So I repaired the damaged VB as best I could, I’m quite happy with the result considering when it arrived the only thing holding the heater to the body were the two wires. Not perfect but at a glance doesn't look too bad.

The heater was glued into position with the ball chamber in place but I’m thinking I might have not got the placement perfect as I am struggling to get full extraction if I’m not in the highest setting, doesn’t sound like that’s normal but I am also new to it, so…..

The only white ceramic I can see is the hairline gap next to the heater, in your opinion would that really matter ? Surely the tolerances aren’t that tight? The ball gives a little ‘click’ once it seats itself into position if that’s anything to go by.

New unit should be here soon so I hope I can make a comparison soon but wanted to ask you guys your thoughts. Right first time uploading images in ages, hope it works OK.

Broken Heater

Repaired VB

BubbleDrop

Great job ! I wouldn't worry too much about the sealing as I'm always getting clouds, even when the chamber is not set properly.

IMG-20221105-132048-2.jpg

Here is the AVB (less than 0.1g).
Heating up at 11 for 15mn, then starting at 9 and ending at 10.

Last edited:

Lozo

Thanks @BubbleDrop Only way I can get to that ABV colour here is to have the controller at full heat (12.4); I tried the 11 range yesterday and only ended with a golden colour despite different draw speeds, loads etc. Still a lovely experience I’m just not sure why my repaired VB runs cold.

Kaptan

Thanks @BubbleDrop Only way I can get to that ABV colour here is to have the controller at full heat (12.4); I tried the 11 range yesterday and only ended with a golden colour despite different draw speeds, loads etc. Still a lovely experience I’m just not sure why my repaired VB runs cold.
Just to be sure…are you letting the unit heat soak for at least 30 minutes before vaping?

Lozo

Just to be sure…are you letting the unit heat soak for at least 30 minutes before vaping?
I sure am.; left if for a good hour at full power then dropped it down to 11.0 for 30 mins to stabilise and started working up from there in small increments. I have to draw quite slowly at 12.4 to get the colour that @BubbleDrop kindly posted.

Kaptan

I sure am.; left if for a good hour at full power then dropped it down to 11.0 for 30 mins to stabilise and started working up from there in small increments. I have to draw quite slowly at 12.4 to get the colour that @BubbleDrop kindly posted.
The newer units are calibrated to be used in the 9 volt range. After it’s powered on for about 10 minutes, do you see the coil glow? Have you noticed any damage to the internal heating spiral and the ceramic it’s wrapped around? It’s possible that the power wires were stressed and moved or pushed the heat spiral. Is the ball chamber completely sealed to the downstem?

Top Bottom