Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

checkyourlibido

For sure. I don't see any left though?.....
I haven't been on this thread much, but I think those might have been sold out since shortly after the sale was posted here.

Yeah, but those Classic Editions are still a great price for anyone who is interested in that size. They have some colors that might blend in nicely, maybe just stick some flowers in it. Maybe not the best disguise, but Superman has been getting away with just putting on glasses for decades.

But there's also the purple and the bright green. Those 2 look like they POP. I can't believe how low priced these are. I remember wishing I had been part of this sub years ago, because of the crazy sales that would sometimes happen. Well here I am. In a few years, someone will look back on this thread and wish they were around for this great deal.

Jess

My second Vapbong came in a couple of days ago and I’ve been getting used to how this one works. And yes, boy does it work. Matter of fact it works much better than my original Obsidian that I bought used and I’m the third owner. I think there may be a small tolerance issue in the ball fitting where it’s off a tiny bit at the base, air comes in and the hits aren’t as hard. I’ll look more into this later and if there’s a problem I may reach out to them. But in the meantime, it’s been fun getting to know this one.

I ordered the Pagoda Green and am really glad I did. As you can see from the pictures, it’s gorgeous. I tried to put light on it just to try and capture some of the different colors. It came with a pic tool. I ordered additional loading trays and they are much nicer than I thought. I requested an obsidian colored and Danial complied. Thanks for that! Now I have a complete set.

My daughter recently got into pottery and made some items that happen to match. I got lucky and have a new bowl which I will line with silicone and use as my bowl holder. She’s also making something for me for the obsidian and hopefully it works out and I can show it off.

I know there are several different ways of using it. My preference is, throwing nugs in, taking a couple of draws until vapor comes out. Then I stick my finger in the bowl and lightly crush it, feel the moisture and continue. I do this until I no longer feel any moisture and the flower will be completely crushed . It’s usually several hits of flavorful vapor and then the last are very thin. The AVB ends up light to dark brown depending on how far I take it.

There are subtle differences. The main difference is the carb hole. I personally love and prefer the carb but can appreciate both. The body is wider where the you hold it and where the carb would normally be. The angle of the mouth is very different. It’s a tiny bit taller. Temps on the outside are about the same. I know what matters is the inside, but I was curious. The bowls weigh about the same, one slightly heavier (about 2.5gms). Openings are a little off. The funny thing is I can feel a thumb print in the inside of the new bowl. It’s not a problem, just funny and kinda cool. The old one is completely smooth. More subtle differences and I’d expect that from a handmade product. Really cool to see the work on the clay as it was formed.

In terms of performance so far, the new one hits harder. So much so that I normally keep it on 10 and took a long slow draw which combusted. I do notice I have much more control and notice that the ABV is much darker when I’m done. I know each one is different and sometimes the controllers will be different, but that aside I see a difference in the color of ABV which I believe translates into more efficient extraction.

I’m very happy with my purchase and will be looking forward to the new creations everyone is working on.

~Jess

coolbreeze

I ordered the Pagoda Green and am really glad I did.
My preference is, throwing nugs in, taking a couple of draws until vapor comes out. Then I stick my finger in the bowl and lightly crush it, feel the moisture and continue. I do this until I no longer feel any moisture and the flower will be completely crushed .
Same! ; )

Congrats. Nice ball trays, too!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Any tips from all of you seasoned vapbongers are greatly appreciated!

As evidenced above, I always say, take short quick rips to avoid scorch, you can do long slow sips if you set the power much lower, but I think its fun set high and it will probably be pretty high when you try to take your first hits so then you can just adjust from there...

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
My second Vapbong came in a couple of days ago and I’ve been getting used to how this one works. And yes, boy does it work. Matter of fact it works much better than my original Obsidian that I bought used and I’m the third owner. I think there may be a small tolerance issue in the ball fitting where it’s off a tiny bit at the base, air comes in and the hits aren’t as hard. I’ll look more into this later and if there’s a problem I may reach out to them. But in the meantime, it’s been fun getting to know this one.

I ordered the Pagoda Green and am really glad I did. As you can see from the pictures, it’s gorgeous. I tried to put light on it just to try and capture some of the different colors. It came with a pic tool. I ordered additional loading trays and they are much nicer than I thought. I requested an obsidian colored and Danial complied. Thanks for that! Now I have a complete set.

My daughter recently got into pottery and made some items that happen to match. I got lucky and have a new bowl which I will line with silicone and use as my bowl holder. She’s also making something for me for the obsidian and hopefully it works out and I can show it off.

I know there are several different ways of using it. My preference is, throwing nugs in, taking a couple of draws until vapor comes out. Then I stick my finger in the bowl and lightly crush it, feel the moisture and continue. I do this until I no longer feel any moisture and the flower will be completely crushed . It’s usually several hits of flavorful vapor and then the last are very thin. The AVB ends up light to dark brown depending on how far I take it.

There are subtle differences. The main difference is the carb hole. I personally love and prefer the carb but can appreciate both. The body is wider where the you hold it and where the carb would normally be. The angle of the mouth is very different. It’s a tiny bit taller. Temps on the outside are about the same. I know what matters is the inside, but I was curious. The bowls weigh about the same, one slightly heavier (about 2.5gms). Openings are a little off. The funny thing is I can feel a thumb print in the inside of the new bowl. It’s not a problem, just funny and kinda cool. The old one is completely smooth. More subtle differences and I’d expect that from a handmade product. Really cool to see the work on the clay as it was formed.

In terms of performance so far, the new one hits harder. So much so that I normally keep it on 10 and took a long slow draw which combusted. I do notice I have much more control and notice that the ABV is much darker when I’m done. I know each one is different and sometimes the controllers will be different, but that aside I see a difference in the color of ABV which I believe translates into more efficient extraction.

I’m very happy with my purchase and will be looking forward to the new creations everyone is working on.

~Jess
They all look pretty on their own but combined it´s a new level :clap: Nice trays your daughter made !
We only did the first batches with carb hole - in europe the carbhole is very common, in the US everyone clogged it :lol: Since you can lift the ball to have the same function, we just left it out.
Regarding the ball fitting : All units are handmade, small differences are possible. Apart from this we have become better over time, it´s really difficult to do a ball shape and the related fitting for it so that it will seal perfectly. We have also changed the lenght of the heating coil so the newer units have the same power at 9v that older units had at 10v, so you can´t compare them on the same voltage level.

the_hexx

Team Hash
Strawberry Sundae arrived this week, newbie of the Vapbong universe but this thing is amazing! I did go through some of this thread but I still have a question regarding usage. What I did on my sole session so far was that I put some hash on the bowl, placed the bowl on the Vapbong and proceeded to never touch the bowl until the session was over (team hash here, so no stirring required). However I'm not sure if I'm meant to a) have the bowl off while warming at max temp for 15 min or so and b) have the bowl removed between hits?

Shit Snacks

Strawberry Sundae arrived this week, newbie of the Vapbong universe but this thing is amazing! I did go through some of this thread but I still have a question regarding usage. What I did on my sole session so far was that I put some hash on the bowl, placed the bowl on the Vapbong and proceeded to never touch the bowl until the session was over (team hash here, so no stirring required). However I'm not sure if I'm meant to a) have the bowl off while warming at max temp for 15 min or so and b) have the bowl removed between hits?

Welcome! And congrats fellow strawberry sundae owner, you are correct that you should not really be leaving the ball on between hits, or while heating up, it can get hot to the touch, personally I don't like the idea of not clearing the hits either... But another thing to be aware of is not to leave the ball on, when turned off not in use, if there is water filled in, lest it evaporate through the heating element (seems extremely rare in any case)

the_hexx

Team Hash
Welcome! And congrats fellow strawberry sundae owner, you are correct that you should not really be leaving the ball on between hits, or while heating up, it can get hot to the touch, personally I don't like the idea of not clearing the hits either... But another thing to be aware of is not to leave the ball on, when turned off not in use, if there is water filled in, lest it evaporate through the heating element (seems extremely rare in any case)
Thanks @Shit Snacks, it was because of your reply on my previous post asking if the Vapbong works well with hash that I decided to take the plunge! Up until now I thought the mighty Vapman had all my hash needs covered but it turns out I was (at least partly) wrong. One session with the Vapbong is enough to make me say that it's the bong yin to the Vapan's dry yang, long may they both reign :)

Last edited:

Jess

Thanks Daniel! Makes sense. My neighbor bought an aventurin and we’re having fun. He tried it once and ordered one in the spot. He started on 9 and hasn’t combusted.

I’ve tried hash both loose and balled. Those I can see not stirring. I do notice the downspout gets gunked up faster. But I try to change and do a hot water clean daily to counter that.

Shit Snacks

Basically, if you love vaping talk to Shit Snacks. If you have no money, block @Shit Snacks . So I'm about $100 bucks away from using the block button :lol:

Haha well I try to adjust based on the person, if you tell me you really want to save money, I'll help you find a reason to not buy something too! Obviously more fun to go the other way though... Your welcome!! :lol::evil:

vapirtoo

Damn that was fast!!!
Ordered a plum jelly Vapbong 10/06; payment went through 10/07, UPS just dropped
the shit in my lap.
Ya know the deal, real pretty, no carb, different shape from ol' crusty with a flatter mouth piece.
I had to fiddle with the sweet spot until a visual inspection showed me the spot.
Now, I'm rocking at 10.1; Ya know, intro course.
I believe ol' crusty will be my dry vape.

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
That's funny @the_hexx , because I had been messaging Shit Snacks and I probably wouldn't have ended up getting one if it wasn't for that.

Basically, if you love vaping talk to Shit Snacks. If you have no money, block @Shit Snacks . So I'm about $100 bucks away from using the block button :lol:
Their praise of the mini OAB is what prompted me to grab one myself :lol: great decision so far!

Ordered one a few days ago...had it delivered to the UPS store. Was super excited to pick it up....Then was handed a Lenovo laptop box...I was like..."Oh, they must have to be discreet about what it is. They put it in a laptop box to be slick! How clever!"

I open the box and there's an actual Lenovo laptop, shipped from China. Im distraught.

I go back inside thinking it's going to be weeks till I get my vapbong. I show the lady at the counter that it's not what I ordered. She walks to the back at returns with my box!

Crisis averted. Spirits lifted. Can't wait to try it.

Didn't get to keep the laptop though.

checkyourlibido

Haha well I try to adjust based on the person, if you tell me you really want to save money, I'll help you find a reason to not buy something too! Obviously more fun to go the other way though... Your welcome!!
LOL, it’s funny, I just saw you on Reddit helping out with bad DHgate sellers. If you ever decided to sell stuff, you’d probably have some business from your rep here
Ordered one a few days ago...had it delivered to the UPS store. Was super excited to pick it up....Then was handed a Lenovo laptop box...I was like..."Oh, they must have to be discreet about what it is. They put it in a laptop box to be slick! How clever!"

I open the box and there's an actual Lenovo laptop, shipped from China. Im distraught.

I go back inside thinking it's going to be weeks till I get my vapbong. I show the lady at the counter that it's not what I ordered. She walks to the back at returns with my box!

UPS beat the shit out of my box. Thankfully Art of Vapor packages them so well. the box was so bad, I was certain it would be broken.

Thankfully I was wrong as usual :lol::lol:

I’ve had horrible experiences with multiple vape products in shipping. If there’s an option for insurance, I’m usually taking it. I think Discover or one of the credit cards used to offer shipping protection. The problem either way is the couriers have marked stuff as delivered and they’ve left it at other addresses.

Of course that’s anecdotal and most here have probably had great experiences with couriers.

Either way, I got my happy ending and the careful packaging definitely saved the day.

Shit Snacks

Wow what a trip haha never heard of that happening, huge mistake on their part, if the laptop was mine I would have been pissed had they done that! Glad you caught the mistake and got the goods, Enjoy vbongers!

Shit Snacks

PXL-20221017-062726346.jpg

vapirtoo

My new pretty Vapbong has been wooooorking real good.
Currently I'm running it at 9.5- 9.7.
The new Vape has a much tighter ball connection with
almost no wiggle room, 10-20 degrees of rotation?
My old ball has about 45 degrees wiggle room with the sweet spot
somewhere in the middle.
The new ball is kind of stiff and tight as you insert it; not a problem
just different. Oh yeah, I miss the carb; kind of.
Just on the fuck around, I switched balls and, they did not matchup at all!
Not even close! Eventhough my wife loved the look of the mismatch.
Did I need another Vape? Nope!
Do I love both of them? Yep!

Top Bottom