• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
uh, tried the power supply without the bong plugged in and it seems to work normally... only doesn't work when connected.... damn, does that mean something died inside? I thought only a wire was inside, nothing to break really?
Do you have, or know anyone with a multimeter? Check the resistance of heater at the plug on the vape. I would guess there is a short in your heater and I would hope even that cheap PSU would have short circuit protection which could behave the way you describe.

.d

You are right but the wire is connected to the power cord that goes out of the unit. IIRC there is a crimp connection that connects the wire to the power cord. Maybe there is a problem? Did you recently cleaned/shaked the unit?
Nope, didn't do anything special today or past few weeks , just water change and turn on/off. At first I didn't even consider that anything could have happened to the bong as I was using it like 20 minutes before it stopped working, I immediately suspected the cheap PSU... but I see that it works when the bong isn't connected....
Do you have, or know anyone with a multimeter? Check the resistance of heater at the plug on the vape. I would guess there is a short in your heater and I would hope even that cheap PSU would have short circuit protection which could behave the way you describe.
Unfortunately no, but I'll ask around. Hmmmm, what are common short curcuit causes for a unit like this?

.d,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Hmmmm, what are common short curcuit causes for a unit like this?
I'm afraid I don't have one so I could only speculate... If you can inspect the inside of the plug I'd start there, sorry I can't be more help.

Cheebsy,
Reactions: .d

.d

I'm afraid I don't have one so I could only speculate... If you can inspect the inside of the plug I'd start there, sorry I can't be more help.
Alright, thanks, I am going to borrow a multimeter soon from a friend and see if I can get any useful info with it :)

I noticed now the warranty is 5 years on the units so that calmed me down a bit :) (also contemplating on getting another unit not to be without it in case this happens again)

.d,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Mutley

Bong Head
You are right but the wire is connected to the power cord that goes out of the unit. IIRC there is a crimp connection that connects the wire to the power cord. Maybe there is a problem? Did you recently cleaned/shaked the unit?
If display of power supply isn't show anything means that it is gone. You can just buy another power supply and you are ready to go :)

stonedmallone

If display of power supply isn't show anything means that it is gone. You can just buy another power supply and you are ready to go :)
I think the issue was he plugged his power supply in elsewhere and it was working properly. Meaning the connection inside the vapbong is the problem

stonedmallone,
Reactions: Summer

SquirrelMaster

@.d
I see with your post edit that you tried the power supply by itself and the display lit up. I'm with @Cheebsy that you should check your vape's resistance. It could still a power supply issue and the load is causing it to shut off but, the VapBong heater seems more likely. I haven't cracked one of these PSU's open so I don't know what sort of protection they have.

Easywider

Simple is the way
update: uh, tried the power supply without the bong plugged in and it seems to work normally... only doesn't work when connected.... damn, does that mean something died inside? I thought only a wire was inside, nothing to break really?

This exact same thing happened to me. Bought a new supply, and good as new!

.d

I checked the resistance with the multimeter and it shows values so in my understanding it should be fine, right? If it hadn't shown anything that would be bad I think hmmm.
I think the issue was he plugged his power supply in elsewhere and it was working properly. Meaning the connection inside the vapbong is the problem
Just to clarify the above, the PSU shows voltage when connected to nothing, I unfortunately dont have any other devices that I can plug in to that PSU i think... I'll try to find something until the colly guys respond I guess...

Last edited:
Are they still doing “drops”? Last few times I’ve checked the site it seems like you could just order from a selection of classic glazes and there’s a 4-5 week lead time?

letter never sent,
  • Wow
Reactions: BigJr48

PossumMD

See, I've been thinking that cos they're still on sale. But prior to the last "drop" they weren't. Either way, I think I'm just over 5weeks at this stage and have heard naught for a while.

PossumMD,

Texus

Just wondering if anyone who ordered from collyland direct in the last drop has received a shipping notification? I'm getting antsy from waiting!
I got an e-mail about shipping delays a week or so ago. They are responsive on e-mail. Just e-mail for details.

Texus,

PossumMD

I got an e-mail about shipping delays a week or so ago. They are responsive on e-mail. Just e-mail for details.
That was the first thing I did a week ago! And I didn't get the email about delays. Fair enough though, will continue to be patient!

PossumMD,

.d

Just to report guys, Daniel got me sorted in less than a week - after measuring and giving him info he agreed it's the power supply and sent a new one which arrived in record fast time! Old PSU was faulty it seems (i can now compare to another same unit which works perfectly, old one didnt show proper voltage - showed 12.6 on less than half the bar)

Anyway, amazing support from collyland and from you guys, love to all of you! gonna go hit my baby <3

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Here’s another function vid. This was around .1g or so, running at 11v fully heat soaked. This is pretty much how I use my Aromatizer these days. One giant hit immediately followed by a cleanup hit / clearing the chamber. Done.

Timely: I swear I was just thinking of asking if you cached in two hits or three.

I've been using the OAB more and have been treating it like a three-hitter, even lowering from 10 to 9.6v recently just to see. I'll have to try the VB with more of a full send first hit

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
New member of the ceramic family here... and holy smokes this thing is so much better than I could have hoped for. Those thick rips from the dong have me hooked!
Just out fer a rip are ya bud? 😂

My VB is warmed up for the weekend but at 10.8 it's not zapping a tenth in one and a half rips like that @letter never sent clip. Such bodacious hits though

Last edited:

vapirtoo

I've been cleaning mine without turning it off cause I can.
My VB stays around 10.2 for days on end as my Daily Driver.
Had a contest with some excellent damp sticky weed:
VapBong vs. the Supreme SV3...... sorry folks I really
forgot the outcome, but It went to the Judges cause
the only Knock out was me.
Daily Driver since April 2021, all day every day
Still WOOOORKING!

.d

Anybody here who had a custom unit done?
Like you suggested an idea and they made a design of that? What are the "limits"?
Does that cost like an art edition, somewhere in that range or even more depending on complication?
I'm trying out this vapirtoo writing. :)

Top Bottom