Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
@fak dude... those glazes are just bonkers. Thanks for the pics, the white cobblestones are so elegant. That green/white glaze in particular is choice 🤌 something like that is def next on my list. Idk if others agree, but I'm loving these white cobblestones (@Jaxel @Collyland / Daniel 😉)
I was going to say the same thing, yeah

Summer

Long Island, NY

IMO, it would be smart if Collyland would send complimentary OG & mini AOBs (& maybe the Berserk oven style) to the top 3 reviewers: Troy, Jerry & Sneakypete (& probably George/Vapefiend.) All 3 already have the VB, so hearing their comparisons & opinions would be mega helpful for many with making a choice between each design. Unlike many here, many of us can only afford to buy once so it has to be the best, most educated decision we can make from afar. I highly respect the above reviewers & put a lot of weight into their opinions. I've followed them for years & know how my vaping style compares to each of theirs. For the price of entry, I won't buy until I have enough, solid input no matter how long that takes.

@Kudzu407 , shit snacks said the OG OAB holds about 200ml of water (which SS said she would confirm), so next time you use the mini, can you post how much water it holds? Thank you.

NimChimpsky

I highly respect the above reviewers & put a lot of weight into their opinions. I've followed them for years & know how my vaping style compares to each of theirs. For the price of entry, I won't buy until I have enough, solid input no matter how long that takes.
Don't get me wrong, I like those guys, but I don't put more weight into their opinion than the folks on this forum, and I tend to like the fact that Collyland doesn't do that type of stuff (also, the berserkers/minis are limited editions and aren't gonna have a problem getting sold). This thread has been around for a hot minute, many conscientious reviewers, and I don't recall anything other than love from every buyer for the product, artists and customer service. If that hasn't sold you then I don't know what will! (not that anyone here is trying to sell you.. which is exactly why their organic marketing strategy is a win to me) If it's a matter of not having your questions answered about different models, let us know if something went unanswered :) I feel like those of us that do have multiple models have done our best to answer any Qs (not to mention Daniel and Jaxel)!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
IMO, it would be smart if Collyland would send complimentary OG & mini AOBs (& maybe the Berserk oven style) to the top 3 reviewers: Troy, Jerry & Sneakypete (& probably George/Vapefiend.) All 3 already have the VB, so hearing their comparisons & opinions would be mega helpful for many with making a choice between each design.

I have to agree with Nims that this sounds totally unnecessary to me, but you're entitled to this idea!

Unlike many here, many of us can only afford to buy once so it has to be the best, most educated decision we can make from afar.... For the price of entry, I won't buy until I have enough, solid input no matter how long that takes.

It does not seem like any of those three reviewers has any plans to pick up another one, they each just have the standard, and really they do all work the same, it's just form factor stuff mainly... So I think consuming this thread is of course the best source of education, there can be some tidbits found elsewhere like Reddit and YouTube too... There is also ask FC here to get even more input, comparisons, like you can talk about your usage and what you want out of this, what you like to use for your needs now, that would help decide which one of these is best for you and if you want one at all? Obviously you're curious ;)

@Kudzu407 , shit snacks said the OG OAB holds about 200ml of water (which SS said she would confirm), so next time you use the mini, can you post how much water it holds? Thank you.

It's actually 150 ml give or take, right now I'm using a little more than that, but it started to bubble with a little less than that... So you can probably safely use up to 200 without splashback maybe? Yeah there is another variable to control with how much water you're putting in of course!

So the mini is 25% smaller, so I think you're going to want to load about 115 ml of water... As revealed in their recent video you don't want to use too little water, but you can compensate another ways like power and how you load it and how you hit it (Janine is a pro!)

If you think your main choice now @Summer, is between the classic OAB and the mini, I think you need to decide if you want to hold it as you hit it for the mini (or like use it on a platform maybe) along with a slightly smaller bowl and vapor path... Not to mention that the mini is a bit more exclusive, more expensive cobblestone, to further their limited nature... If you want to use it on the table, and some people still can pick up the OAB, have larger bowl option (still capable of microdosing of course) and the larger vapor path along with yes more water as well, then yeah get the regular OAB? A bit cheaper too

Berserker is a bit more specialty it seems, Viking and two-handed also rarer, usually cobblestone and more expensive, so a lot of people just get the standard because well, it is the standard after all :tup:

PXL-20210813-035328314.jpg

Yeah it's actually so nice to come back after a break, it really is unique experience, no matter which one you are using, I really like this one though, all around versatile and effective... Really makes me unsure about buying another, like yes it's good enough to warrant another at whatever price, however this one is already so fantastic for me and I have my first plum jelly love :lol:

sparrowman

@ill85 My sacred oven nut sits on a pillow that I made by filling my wife's old cosmetic bag with rice. Then I put down a little knit thing my mother in law made. I think it's supposed to be a washcloth, not sure, but it's soft.

My set up is a little different than most because my Vapbong never moves and I use a whip 100% of the time. So, it makes it easy to have a dedicated spot for the ball to sit right next to it.
Also the AVB dump bowl is right there as well. Safe. Easy. Everything all close together.

Those familiar with this thread have seen this particular camera angle / pic a million times. But, here's one more. Hope this helps some newcomers get some ideas of how to set up their "station".

How does the whip attach to the vapbong?

sparrowman,

Texus

Man, the Forest Mini being still up on the site but sold out is just taunting me...

Tho since I have a Viking, a non-mini OAB would prob be a better choice since Viking is on the smaller side of things.

Which then means Obsidian Classic vs wait for the next Art OAB drop (2 handled one isn't my color jam and don't love where cord is located on it).

Shit Snacks

Well it might have been the grape soda herbs aromatizing in my tahiti grape bandit, but the cosmic blue mini got me after all, celestial blue with black cobblestone is actually dreamworthy I realized... Honestly just watching the videos (and the two reports here) convinced me I needed an OAB mini :othey are a recent rarity:uhoh: in beautiful cobblestone colors:brow: unique from what I have to complete collection:freak: I even visualize added functionality being more mobile :haw: aaand Janine even described the mini as "the ultimate hit" :drool:

So I will be able to help you compare further @Summer! And everyone else lol if the mini becomes available yet again... Presuming the last one is gone before I receive mine?

Man, the Forest Mini being still up on the site but sold out is just taunting me...

Haha I like that they do that now, time to admire them?

Tho since I have a Viking, a non-mini OAB would prob be a better choice since Viking is on the smaller side of things.

@Kudzu407 has them all, I'm not so sure viking is that much smaller than the regular OAB?? Seems like mini is decently smaller...

Which then means Obsidian Classic vs wait for the next Art OAB drop

Honestly you cannot go wrong with waiting, I mean can't go wrong with an obsidian classic OAB, but you know there will be great art units again...

(2 handled one isn't my color jam and don't love where cord is located on it).

Yeah that is part of what steered me away from the one that is left, it is a nice color but not exactly my choice, and not entirely sold on the form factor, if it had been the Earth or Sky ones left I may have went for it now... Although it was actually the heater and ball placement I was on the fence about more!

Yeah and I was close to considering the lava mini next, but then I totally realized I just like the cosmic blue more, I mean it was obvious from the beginning, but there was something about the lava, it is a little extra special? I'm excited for mine though, more money well spent :cool::rofl:

If you skim back he actually posted detailed instructions, and they were quoted again fairly recently, while other members shared some additional whips and ways to attach them... :tup:

Last edited:

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Well it might have been the grape soda herbs aromatizing in my tahiti grape bandit, but the cosmic blue mini got me after all, celestial blue with black cobblestone is actually dreamworthy I realized... Honestly just watching the videos (and the two reports here) convinced me I needed an OAB mini :othey are a recent rarity:uhoh: in beautiful cobblestone colors:brow: unique from what I have to complete collection:freak: I even visualize added functionality being more mobile :haw: aaand Janine even described the mini as "the
Congrats on that beautiful mini. I think it will surprise you! You are right about the Viking. I just checked and it is actually about 1 inch taller than a full size OAB.

NimChimpsky

Very nice, Snacks! Was wondering which one you'd go with :) just have to wait until it speaks to you lol the cosmic blue cobblestone is indeed magical. Gonna be a fun time in a few weeks when all these packages (and pictures) start dropping! :rockon:Watching the minis in action on Jaxels video and the reviews here does make those super appealing. I won't hesitate on the next white cobblestone mini (unless @Texus beats me to it ;))

notams

toke down Babylon
Important to note, this is the classic and the mouth hole is wider than other Aromatizer models (I think). Additionally, since these are hand made devices, your particular mouth hole may be slightly different. However...

I bought my hookah hose off Amazon. Sorry, I don't know how to post links. Search for "BudPro Silicone Hookah Hose" - comes in black or blue for $13.99. It's 72" long and includes a long aluminum handle. I cut my tube in half (still 3 feet long - plenty). This gives me 2 hoses - 1 in use and 1 cleaned and hanging up dry.

Super easy to "attach". The hose from Amazon comes with these little silicone grommets (a few of them with different external diameters) and a short aluminum mouthpiece - don't need to purchase anything separately, it's all included.

Put the grommet(s) over the short mouthpiece and then into the Aromatizer with one or 2 grommets over the mouthpiece. As so...

Note a few things - the aluminum handle adds 12" and the aluminum handle's mouthpiece pairs perfectly with a Simrell Stinger mouthpiece if you prefer a more refined experience or plain or with just a small piece of silicone tubing to make it softer.

Corks work fine. I jimmy-rigged an actual cork. Then I used those weird corks that are rubbery. They worked, but I felt they were really hard to get out. They went in eaay - but pain in the ass to get out. This ^^^ method is airtight, easy to pop in and out, cheap, and can be cleaned thoroughly and can be sterilized.

The guage of the tubing and the length are the key to making this method work better than a "whip" - this is a hookah hose not technically a "whip". I know many folks here have had wonderful success with the Lamart whip. Not me. Ordered it, used it, didn't like it. Too short, too narrow and lousy connection.

I feel like an evangelical about this Amazon hose. It's my only method. I'm transitioning from Dynavap to Vapbong as my only cannabis intake method because I have a neurological disorder (advanced MS) and can't move my left arm sometimes. So, one handed vaping is my method and this is the best I've tried yet out of many devices, setups, experiments and tricks. Good luck in your journey!

Edit: adding - I don't have a OAB to test this on. But I imagine the mouth hole on the device is about the right diameter to just shove the silicone hose directly into the device. Silicone on ceramic will seal up airtight if it's good and snug. The unwrapped hose external diameter is 15mm, grommets are 25mm.

Last edited:

I don't have a OAB to test this on. But I imagine the mouth hole on the device is about the right diameter to just shove the silicone hose directly into the device. Silicone on ceramic will seal up airtight if it's good and snug. The unwrapped hose external diameter is 15mm, grommets are 25mm.
I will be ordering one of these now from Amazon to test on my OAB. Will report back here!

Shit Snacks

Thanks my dudes, that was exactly it, late at night by the time the decision became clear in my mind... Surprising and exciting! :razz:

This is actually my first time ordering from the new site, for doing bank transfer, does Daniel have to readjust the amount and send a new invoice like the old days for US customers, or does the invoice that arrives after you order this way already do that automatically so I should just use that invoice and pay that amount on it?? I think it already took out the European taxes but it's hard to tell exactly... Just want to be sure!

thunderstealer1337

Hey if anyone was wondering about water levels in the Mini-OAB vs the Classic VB:

Classic VB: 300ml (I like to go just above 300ml, maybe 305?)

Mini-OAB: 100ml

I use a pyrex measuring cup for consistency and use distilled water.
ive had 3 diff vapbongs, none of them held the same amount of water, but then i did get what seemed like small/med/large variants of a vapbong, we talking like 1/2 inch taller/wider etc.

the mini being 3x less water is pretty cool, but then I always felt like the vapbong had way to much water, but it is wherever that downstem is

and tbh if your hitting the vapbong often, it evaporates the water daily and you will just need to relevel it, its the only real complaint I have over it, since the vapbong is not clear like reg bongs to check water lvl, its shine your light down and see, you can go back to my nov20 posts when I took pictures of where my water level lines were at.

realmoosesoup

Thanks my dudes, that was exactly it, late at night by the time the decision became clear in my mind... Surprising and exciting! :razz:

This is actually my first time ordering from the new site, for doing bank transfer, does Daniel have to readjust the amount and send a new invoice like the old days for US customers, or does the invoice that arrives after you order this way already do that automatically so I should just use that invoice and pay that amount on it?? I think it already took out the European taxes but it's hard to tell exactly... Just want to be sure!
The total on my order was adjusted in the invoice. I confirmed with Daniel. VAT removed for US customers.

If the invoice you get isn't lower than the web price, then obviously that didn't happen, so check :)

Shit Snacks

That cosmic blue is so great. It will look more purple in person! It's deceptive, in a wonderful way!

Oh yeah that was the one you got for your standard! I remember it was also called cosmic blue, but I actually think it had a different glaze underneath? We'll see, always so different in person, they did say my mini is selestial blue (that medium dark blue with the white melted beads) beneath the black cobblestone, did you find out if that is yours too?? Beautiful:
It arrived today! Unoboxed it and immediately started heat soaking it. Wow, everything everyone has said is true. This might be a game ender.
-The taste is much better than I expected
-the draughts are simple and massive, insane
-Heat up time was around 10-15 minutes
-curve is non existent because it's so easy/similar to hitting a bong

I got the cosmic blue but, it's insane, to the naked eye, it's fricking purple! In the best way possible, it plays tricks on ya. I can't get over the glaze, it's so beautiful. Great craftsmanship, it's art. I just wish someone could actually see what color it is! 😂 @Shit Snacks, It's almost the plum in the minimal glaze parts. It's perfect.

Hmm yeah so hard to tell:
Here they are in all their beauty!
View attachment 11521

Sorry to everyone that I got in early and snagged the ICE before the drop happened.
View attachment 11523

Oh! Very nice one, they didn't even show it off in their video! Early indeed, is that mirror blue under white cobblestone?

The total on my order was adjusted in the invoice. I confirmed with Daniel. VAT removed for US customers.

If the invoice you get isn't lower than the web price, then obviously that didn't happen, so check :)

Thank you so much! Yes it already is a bit lower, so I figured as much, but didn't want to presume since the process was different the last times I ordered and less streamlined lol now I can pay for my future baby :love:

realmoosesoup

Thank you so much! Yes it already is a bit lower, so I figured as much, but didn't want to presume since the process was different the last times I ordered and less streamlined lol now I can pay for my future baby :love:
Setting up Chase to wire money was a pain, but now it's all good. Ready for future VAS. Still waiting on the first device but my brain is like "those minis look great".

Ripstar

Oh yeah that was the one you got for your standard! I remember it was also called cosmic blue, but I actually think it had a different glaze underneath? We'll see, always so different in person, they did say my mini is selestial blue (that medium dark blue with the white melted beads) beneath the black cobblestone, did you find out if that is yours too??
Yep! I just confirmed with initial my email. It's a stunner, can't wait to see yours! I thought it looked a little different but, in @Taz German post, it looks like there might be a little bit more blue. These were so tempting!

Shit Snacks

Setting up Chase to wire money was a pain, but now it's all good. Ready for future VAS. Still waiting on the first device but my brain is like "those minis look great".

Haha yeah, it took some adjusting of their info into the proper format, when I ordered my plum jelly, but then their info was saved when I paid for my tahiti grape! I had to start from scratch again, to use the collyland name instead of AOV this time just to be safe, everything else was the same though so now I have it saved again with the new name just in case of future needs... The part that hurts the most with Chase, is the shitty conversion rate, ended it up being like $25 more than I expected from my Google conversion, but honestly $614 total for this gorgeous exclusive piece is perfectly fair to me (especially because my others were more or less half that price, balances out logically, and I want to support them anyway!!) I feel like I really know what goes into these, on top of great function and beautiful form, just like the energy, you know?? Good vibes in, good vibes out :smug:

Yep! I just confirmed with initial my email. It's a stunner, can't wait to see yours! I thought it looked a little different but, in @Taz German post, it looks like there might be a little bit more blue. These were so tempting!

Oh awesome! Yeah I had to look at your photos before and after looking at mine, to realize they actually may be the same base, but you just never know what you're going to get with these chemical reactions, aside from gorgeous glaze at least! :cool:

Top Bottom