Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Kudzu407, what's the water capacity of the og & mini OAB? And why is the OG more satisfying than the mini? How's the chug on each?

What looks awkward with the Berserk design is the cord mounted in the front. Seems like it would be somewhat annoying. No?

Summer,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey guys, we will have english subtitels in our videos from now on! This is Axel and Janine´s Channel and our first video with subtitles

Fantastic video @Jaxel now I can understand everything with the subtitles, even more enjoyable, love your energy and your work of course!!

So now I am pretty fucking tempted to grab a mini since some are still available, green one is gone, but I'm thinking perhaps this one:
Screenshot-20210809-105347.png

Screenshot-20210809-105511.png
^surprised you haven't snagged this one yet to match your two-handed one @NimChimpsky ...

I am also even more tempted to grab this eat weed gang after watching the video... Mustache went quick!

Also cannot believe this two handed one is still available:
Screenshot-20210811-145325.png

I certainly can't justify more than one of these three if any... We'll see who beats me to them, perhaps mercifully??

@Kudzu407, what's the water capacity of the og & mini OAB? And why is the OG more satisfying than the mini? How's the chug on each?

There isn't really any chug in the regular OAB, it is a smooth pull, I suppose it depends how much water you load though, I think I am putting in around 200ml maybe? I forgot, I'll measure again next time...

What looks awkward with the Berserk design is the cord mounted in the front. Seems like it would be somewhat annoying. No?

It's not awkward, depending where you put it, that is basically how it is with the bandits now, the cord comes from behind across you, not a big deal for it to turn and face the same direction as you afterwards, or it can go across a table, I'll let him speak to the berserker of course!

Last edited:

NimChimpsky

Fantastic video @Jaxel now I can understand everything with the subtitles, even more enjoyable, love your energy and your work of course!!

So now I am pretty fucking tempted to grab a mini since some are still available, green one is gone, but I'm thinking perhaps this one:

^surprised you haven't snagged this one yet to match your two-handed one @NimChimpsky ...

I am also even more tempted to grab this eat weed gang after watching the video... Mustache went quick!

Also cannot believe this two handed one is still available:
Screenshot-20210811-145325.png

I certainly can't justify more than one of these three if any... We'll see who beats me to them, perhaps mercifully??

There isn't really any chug in the regular OAB, it is a smooth pull, I suppose it depends how much water you load though, I think I am putting in around 200ml maybe? I forgot, I'll measure again next time...

It's not awkward, depending where you put it, that is basically how it is with the bandits now, the cord comes from behind across you, not a big deal for it to turn and face the same direction as you afterwards, or it can go across a table, I'll let him speak to the berserker of course!
Oh those three are all awesome options :nod: I think the "Forest" two hander is so freaking stunning, yea very surprised that is still there along with the minis. I was/am indeed very tempted on one of those lol, if the forest one was still available I would consider it (and yea still considering the cosmic blue lol, but I guess it's not the exact same base glaze as my two hander though? maybe closer to my Mirror Blue OAB). I also don't see myself picking it up off my table to hit it anyway which is the big pro for the minis it seems. Still want one though lol.

Imo if you think you'd enjoy the extra maneuverability, would like to pick it up to hit it, the mini is the go (the lava glaze is awesome). If that's not so much important, then the two hander all the way. Also that would give you three variations of OAB heater to ball location lol (left, front and back)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Vapbong lovers.
My vas is killing me but I'm trying to be sensible.

So I'm thinking my wife is going to suggest a vapbong for Christmas (actually, she isn't. But I'm telling myself she will. And as I pick all the Christmas presents for the whole family (I enjoy it and I'm good at it), including myself, then this theory works).

I already have a vrod.

Due to my vape station situation, i tend to have my vape on a small footstool near my chair. If I'm using the fp I tend to use a short whip to save me moving my head too far or lifting the vape. When using my dcup I raise the rig up to hit.

So I've basically excluded the vapbong as it seems to be quite big and heavy. I'm also not fussed with a carb.....

So I'm leaning towards the oab.

Other than the size and glaze (and price), what difference in draw, chug, quality of vape etc between the oab and mini?

Is there a big difference between the two and which, (if any) would contrast with the flowerpot I already have and give me something slightly different....

I would prefer to pay less for the oab but I'm wondering if my situation would appreciate the mini more.
If the vape quality and draw are very similar between the two, how much easier is it to handle the mini.....or is it splitting hairs and form and glaze are the main differences......

Thanks in advance.....

realmoosesoup

Looks like my delivery is getting the special customs treatment. Wish me luck.

I haven't had my first device yet, but of the new ones in the video, from the "gang" I really like Pete and Snob. Pete I think just because of the base color. Snob, don't know why. Probably the hat. Ordering another device now would be crazy, but I'm sure VAS will be back in a few months.

@Chicken No Name We're kind of different profile users I think, and I don't have any device yet. So, can't really answer any of your questions. However, most of the vapbongs currently don't have a carb. Just FYI, if that matters.

I'm a little on the fence on the carb. I think when I first got into bongs, etc, they all had carbs. Figure early 90's. Then at some point (late 90's?) lifting the bowl became more common. Since the round orb is not replaceable, it seems like handling that on each hit adds an extra level of risk, but on the balance I think I'm anti-carb myself. I haven't really used a "bong" for years anyway (except attaching a water pipe to the Mighty, but that's kind of different).

Philabrookla

@philabrookla
Sounds good. I will put that on my “ try it out “ list.

I do prefer the OAB. A lot of it is that I can move the vape to me.The full size OAB I can handle with one hand. Vapbong is big and tall and lotsa water

Hey gang, am I alone in one-handing the VB classic? With my right hand I sorta wedge my thumb onto the carb and wrap my middle finger around the lip below the nut. Bonus for tipping the nut with the index finger to clear the chamber. I don't have especially big hands, but I suppose they are especially grippy.

Btw I only do this sometimes. Often I'll tip it back while still on the table using the above described method.

vapirtoo

OK gorilla grip!
Just tried that position, and I felt like that old lady in the arthritis commercials;
" I can pick up that pan now ". Tried it a second time and it felt more secure.
Still, a good grip is needed. Tipping is preferred.
Hey any body remember cow tipping? Whoops derail.

NimChimpsky

Vapbong lovers.
My vas is killing me but I'm trying to be sensible.

So I'm thinking my wife is going to suggest a vapbong for Christmas (actually, she isn't. But I'm telling myself she will. And as I pick all the Christmas presents for the whole family (I enjoy it and I'm good at it), including myself, then this theory works).

I already have a vrod.

Due to my vape station situation, i tend to have my vape on a small footstool near my chair. If I'm using the fp I tend to use a short whip to save me moving my head too far or lifting the vape. When using my dcup I raise the rig up to hit.

So I've basically excluded the vapbong as it seems to be quite big and heavy. I'm also not fussed with a carb.....

So I'm leaning towards the oab.

Other than the size and glaze (and price), what difference in draw, chug, quality of vape etc between the oab and mini?

Is there a big difference between the two and which, (if any) would contrast with the flowerpot I already have and give me something slightly different....

I would prefer to pay less for the oab but I'm wondering if my situation would appreciate the mini more.
If the vape quality and draw are very similar between the two, how much easier is it to handle the mini.....or is it splitting hairs and form and glaze are the main differences......

Thanks in advance.....
Personally, the only time my aromatizers aren't flat on the table is when I am pouring the water out. If you see yourself picking it up to hit, the mini OAB should be easier to maneuver. However, if you haven't already, check out @notams posts for pics of his setup. His VB stays stationary with a badass whip situation going on that you might find attractive (he has even kindly offered detailed instructions for constructing it).

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
Has anyone noticed little bubbles in their glaze? Not a huge deal, but the holes from popped ones are annoying.

Drinkaholik,

fak

The Dude

Shit Snacks

I did see his whip. Lovely work.
Hmmm.
Lots of variables but in some ways it simplifies the decision.
Go for the form and glaze that grabs me.....they are all good...

Yeah there's really only one person who can compare all of them anyway, and he just did since this question was literally just asked, and it's asked all the time comparing the different designs and the chug lol

You have to get which one feels like the right form factor for you, there's just a slight air flow volume difference with the standard, I would expect the mini to be very similar to the regular OAB just a little smaller of course... And I agree if you plan on picking up, that is the one to get, the regular OAB is pretty heavy imo and frankly I am a little concerned if I would even find the mini too heavy to be picking up off the table...

For your situation it does seem like a whip would for sure be the way to go, unless you do want to be picking it up and then I would say go for the mini!

Yeah @NimChimpsky I'm still so on the fence, I also never pick up mine to use, and the mini isn't that much smaller that I can see it will still be pretty heavy for me to pick up and use, plus I like to remove the ball bowl to clear which I think is even harder if you are also holding it in your hands?? However it would be more mobile, easier to bring somewhere than a big one, bring into another room, despite having to plug it in it is more mobile to move around, but yeah I really don't think there's a way around hitting it with it held in your hand... Hmmm

True that two-handed would be the most unique in the sense of ball and heater location, not to mention the mouthpiece, also I guess it would be larger and even less mobile than a classic OAB... Yeah I'm not sure exactly where I would keep it, not enough room on the table for all of them, seems too nice to keep packed away like I do with my woodland fantasy standard (which I would probably then sell actually if I am going to buy this spotted kiwi green glaze instead...)

I wish you guys had already received yours so I could make my decision easier! Either way the price is going to be close to $600 for either of them, almost double what I've paid for any other aromatizer I have ($350 for my original plum jelly and $290 for my new tahiti grape on sale) and then there is the really insane idea of getting both the two-handed and a mini OAB :lol: :mental:

Has anyone noticed little bubbles in their glaze? Not a huge deal, but the holes from popped ones are annoying.

Yes that is very normal, it can happen as the blaze cools down after being fired, sometimes if it cools too quickly, or sometimes it can happen while being fired, from the chemical reactions in the glaze. Especially when you use crazy melting gem glazes like these, they are more common, easier to avoid with solid color glazes, but even then a thick coating can still result in plenty of them... There is a science to it, but what fun is it to be overly precise with art like this lol ;)

NimChimpsky

plus I like to remove the ball bowl to clear which I think is even harder if you are also holding it in your hands?
I too remove the ball to clear every hit and was thinking the same thing about this being more difficult if holding the unit. But the minis are still so cool :lol: I think I'm going to hold off for the next white cobblestone, I really like those and kind of regret not pulling the trigger on the forest mini, it's so beautiful :luv:
Yeah I'm not sure exactly where I would keep it, not enough room on the table for all of them, seems too nice to keep packed away like I do with my woodland fantasy standard (which I would probably then sell actually if I am going to buy this spotted kiwi green glaze instead...)
Yea any of these would need to remain on display when not in use, looks like you need to get another table or shelf lol. But maybe finite table space a good limiting factor for VAS :ko: isn't the spotted kiwi glaze the one on the "Psylo" and the forest mini?

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I wish you guys had already received yours so I could make my decision easier! Either way the price is going to be close to $600 for either of them, almost double what I've paid for any other aromatizer I have ($350 for my original plum jelly and $290 for my new tahiti grape on sale) and then there is the really insane idea of getting both the two-handed and a mini OAB :lol: :mental:
Things you might not have known : When we started Collyland (formerly art of vapor) we decided to not pay any marketing agencies to do expensive marketing stuff. Instead we only did Youtube and kept the price for our units so low that more people could afford to try out our aromatizers and start talking about it. The brave customers who took the risk to buy a pretty unknown product got rewarded with having a very low price. It might look like we now have expensive prices but every unit is completely handmade and we still can keep up with the machine made stuff.

fak

The Dude
Yeah there's really only one person who can compare all of them anyway, and he just did since this question was literally just asked, and it's asked all the time comparing the different designs and the chug lol

You have to get which one feels like the right form factor for you, there's just a slight air flow volume difference with the standard, I would expect the mini to be very similar to the regular OAB just a little smaller of course... And I agree if you plan on picking up, that is the one to get, the regular OAB is pretty heavy imo and frankly I am a little concerned if I would even find the mini too heavy to be picking up off the table...

For your situation it does seem like a whip would for sure be the way to go, unless you do want to be picking it up and then I would say go for the mini!

Yeah @NimChimpsky I'm still so on the fence, I also never pick up mine to use, and the mini isn't that much smaller that I can see it will still be pretty heavy for me to pick up and use, plus I like to remove the ball bowl to clear which I think is even harder if you are also holding it in your hands?? However it would be more mobile, easier to bring somewhere than a big one, bring into another room, despite having to plug it in it is more mobile to move around, but yeah I really don't think there's a way around hitting it with it held in your hand... Hmmm

True that two-handed would be the most unique in the sense of ball and heater location, not to mention the mouthpiece, also I guess it would be larger and even less mobile than a classic OAB... Yeah I'm not sure exactly where I would keep it, not enough room on the table for all of them, seems too nice to keep packed away like I do with my woodland fantasy standard (which I would probably then sell actually if I am going to buy this spotted kiwi green glaze instead...)

Yes that is very normal, it can happen as the blaze cools down after being fired, sometimes if it cools too quickly, or sometimes it can happen while being fired, from the chemical reactions in the glaze. Especially when you use crazy melting gem glazes like these, they are more common, easier to avoid with solid color glazes, but even then a thick coating can still result in plenty of them... There is a science to it, but what fun is it to be overly precise with art like this lol ;)
As an owner of a mini and classic VB I can kind of chime in here:

The mini seems to be more of a sipper compared to the VB, you still get copious amounts of vapor but it seems as if it builds slowly. The classic I would say is more of a direct to lung style of a hit whereas the mini seems almost like a mouth to lung, the vapor seems a bit hotter/thicker as your hitting it.

If I had to really pick between my mini and my classic I would grab the classic just because of the air flow, it is perfect for how I like to vape (big big big lungfuls/draws). The mini seems like more of a bubbler style which is nice to have to switch it up from time to time but I reach for the classic a lot.

The mini in the hand is a treat though, you can literally just sit it in your palm and toke away, in terms of removing the bowl its super simple and easy as you can easily hold the mini in one hand and pull the bowl with the other...PS I think I really like having the carb on the classic vs not having one on my mini.

Let me know if you have any questions.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Things you might not have known : When we started Collyland (formerly art of vapor) we decided to not pay any marketing agencies to do expensive marketing stuff. Instead we only did Youtube and kept the price for our units so low that more people could afford to try out our aromatizers and start talking about it. The brave customers who took the risk to buy a pretty unknown product got rewarded with having a very low price. It might look like we now have expensive prices but every unit is completely handmade and we still can keep up with the machine made stuff.
Well you're established now, still not paying for marketing, and you have everyone here repping your stuff for free, including the more expensive art editions. Sounds to me like you're perfectly positioned for another 30% sale!

fak

The Dude
As promised, these are my babies <3

From the Spring 2021 drop, absolutely love both of them. Posted next to some grinders/Simrell to help out with the size comparisons.

Let me know what you all think <3 <3

They are definitely WOOOOOORKING!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • unnamed4.jpg
    unnamed4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • unnamed5.jpg
    unnamed5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 17
  • unnamed6.jpg
    unnamed6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • unnamed7.jpg
    unnamed7.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
  • unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24

Shit Snacks

I too remove the ball to clear every hit and was thinking the same thing about this being more difficult if holding the unit. But the minis are still so cool :lol: I think I'm going to hold off for the next white cobblestone, I really like those and kind of regret not pulling the trigger on the forest mini, it's so beautiful :luv:

Thanks @fak makes sense you can palm it and use the other hand as well... Also your pieces are gorgeous, makes sense for you to go for a white cobblestone next indeed Nims!

Yea any of these would need to remain on display when not in use, looks like you need to get another table or shelf lol. But maybe finite table space a good limiting factor for VAS :ko: isn't the spotted kiwi glaze the one on the "Psylo" and the forest mini?

Yeah, for all the glass now too, a proper case, but that's just not going to happen anytime soon... The thing about leaving on display without protection and steady use is ocd about dust lol you do you have a larger collection than me, it's just a shame we can't use all of them all the time, the nature of excess!

And you are right about the glaze, I'm not sure what glaze is used for the two handed forest, it is a lighter green with reddish brown orange and green splotches... Damn

Thank you, yes I know mine were all bought cheaper than normal (in my original plum jelly bandit that wasn't even discounted during a special sale) and they really do feel like total steals, considering the quality of the work and the level of the performance!! So I just want to clarify, I absolutely feel the current pricing is more than fair :nod:

That is what makes it easier for me to justify grabbing yet another one now, that is also super special unique, at the full standard price... Though I really have to think about it rationally-ish lol I know you won't be surprised if you see an order come in from me again soon :tup:

@Shit Snacks ....
Not sure how I missed @NimChimpsky recent comparison so my thanks for the gentle reminder.
I think I'm looking at the oab or mini depending on glaze appeal and bank account....
I have the luxury of time so I will peruse the pictures for a glaze that really grabs me more than the others..... The hunt is on.....

I meant kudzu who has both, and just compared them, but yeah quite a bit more feedback now for you to review... The luxury of time, as long as they are still available, but yes you do need to take into account the visuals if you like the black and red cobblestone or dark blue black cobblestone glazes of the current minis available now... I do like both of those, probably more than green in general, though that is only part of the equation of course!!

Yeah of course money is the other thing, that makes it easy to just go with a classic OAB, really cannot go wrong with it, but if there are features of the mini that are appealing like the form factor or even just the superficial aspects, not to mention the differing bowl sizes and vapor path, water and air volume amounts... Well I think the higher price is plenty justified considering how unique they are!

And @bossman they did say a while ago when they got the new shop and such set up, there would no longer be any sales like that, there was not one for 420 this year so I would presume there will not be one for Black Friday as well, it is actually a nice that the current prices you see now are stable so you don't feel as much timing risk etc (though it's true it was a nice benefit for us early adopters!)

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
The mini in the hand is a treat though, you can literally just sit it in your palm and toke away, in terms of removing the bowl its super simple and easy as you can easily hold the mini in one hand and pull the bowl with the other...PS I think I really like having the carb on the classic vs not having one on my mini.
100 % what you said. You are the reason I have my mini if you remember.You told me about the sale the day before. Just wanted to say thanks again.

NimChimpsky

Not sure how I missed @NimChimpsky recent comparison so my thanks for the gentle reminder.
Yea @Kudzu407 is the reigning Collyland king, I don't have a Berserker or mini!

@fak dude... those glazes are just bonkers. Thanks for the pics, the white cobblestones are so elegant. That green/white glaze in particular is choice 🤌 something like that is def next on my list. Idk if others agree, but I'm loving these white cobblestones (@Jaxel @Collyland / Daniel 😉)

@Shit Snacks options options... good issue to have :lol: that two hander forest glaze really pops.. oh and yea I have a little duster I occasionally hit em with if they haven't been used in a while :freak:

Edit: All this Collyland talk has got me wanting to fire up the one that started it all for me, my Precious :peace:

Last edited:
Top Bottom