Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

realmoosesoup

it took some adjusting of their info into the proper format
So, I will say, international banking formats are weird. We ran international conferences for a bit with my little tech company, so I had to deal with the weirdness professionally. It's crazy to me that US and German banks have different names for the same codes. By coincidence, our primary international partner was in Berlin, so I'm relatively familiar with the process of sending money back and forth to German banks. I also had a rough Sunday back in 2013 when I learned that basically everything in Berlin is closed, and my card was being declined at the hotel (Chase actually saved the day, as reluctant as I am to defend Chase).

Covid permitting, I'll be in Berlin in a few months, actually. Super looking forward to it.

None of my international banking savvy helped with the delivery, however. UPS says still with customs :(

ill85

You have the baby brother to my VB <3 Will post pics soon

Love this, I would want to also do this but can't figure out how you connect them, would you mind posting a picture of the connection? thank you <3
I simply cut a compatible cable from an old device, then plugged it into the new power supply
EXAMPLE
(the connector measures 5.5mm in external length and 2.5mm in internal width)
IMG-20210814-084856485.jpg

Last edited:

JibbsIsMe

Hey all, my first time posting here but I am super excited to say I've finally picked up an Aromatizer! I was torn between the Eat Weed Gang Snob (love the tophat), Bandit Mini Cosmic Blue (@Shit Snacks fantastic choice!), and what I decided on, the VapBong Cobblestone Blue/Black. The Snob was a little more than I wanted to pay, and I wanted to go big so I got the VapBong over the Mini. Plus, I will freely admit that I love how it is slightly phallic. Hilarious and I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece.

Now, the wait... how long does shipping usually take to Canada (or USA)?

Also, has anyone else had their orders cancelled without a reason or email? When I ordered this one, I ended up paying via bank transfer, and a day after I sent the transfer I saw the one I bought was back in stock on the website. I checked my order, and it was cancelled... so I sent them an email, and after no reply I decided to just order the same one again, so that no one else would snag it from me before they fixed my order status.

vapbong-cobblestones-blue-black.jpg

NimChimpsky

Hey all, my first time posting here but I am super excited to say I've finally picked up an Aromatizer! I was torn between the Eat Weed Gang Snob (love the tophat), Bandit Mini Cosmic Blue (@Shit Snacks fantastic choice!), and what I decided on, the VapBong Cobblestone Blue/Black. The Snob was a little more than I wanted to pay, and I wanted to go big so I got the VapBong over the Mini. Plus, I will freely admit that I love how it is slightly phallic. Hilarious and I'm sure it will be a great conversation piece.

Also, has anyone else had their orderes cancelled without a reason or email? When I ordered this one, I ended up paying via bank transfer, and a day after I sent the transfer I saw the one I bought was back in stock on the website. I checked my order, and it was cancelled... so I sent them an email, and after no reply I decided to just order the same one again, so that no one else would snag it from me before they fixed my order status.

View attachment 11585
That is an absolutely beautiful VapBong, congrats and welcome to FC! Yea I'm sure Daniel will respond to your email soon and straighten it out. The more I think about it, if I had to keep just one Aromatizer, I think it would be my standard VB.. I adore all the other and limited designs like the Viking, mini OAB, but something about that OG phallic shape is magical... since this was from one of the previous batches, it should probably ship very soon. I think my average shipping time from Germany to Midwest US has been 5-7 days once on the road. Looking forward to your thoughts once you see it in person and fire it up! I can assure you it's going to be so much more beautiful in person than the pics, just how it is with these things..

Last edited:

JibbsIsMe

Got my reply from Daniel just minutes ago! He said the shop software does stupid things sometimes haha, guess there's no good reason for the order cancel. But it should be no problem! He said shipping is 6-12 days with UPS, so once my payment clears next week I should have my new baby in my hands not too long after that!

I'm super excited to try this thing out. I love my Flowerpot, but I am just in awe at the craftsmanship and beauty of these Aromatizers. I'm sure the Flowerpot and Aromatizer both work exceptionally well, but the former is 100% machine-made, and the latter basically all hand-made (unsure about the heater). That alone is going to be a great experience I think, just knowing that a couple nice Germans made this thing in their house. Plus, I love the idea of an all-in-one contained unit, unlike the Flowerpot which is many little bits and my own glass. My expectations are set pretty high, and I'm not too worried about them not being met after reading about and watching people use this thing online.

:razz:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Got my reply from Daniel just minutes ago! He said the shop software does stupid things sometimes haha, guess there's no good reason for the order cancel. But it should be no problem! He said shipping is 6-12 days with UPS, so once my payment clears next week I should have my new baby in my hands not too long after that!

I'm super excited to try this thing out. I love my Flowerpot, but I am just in awe at the craftsmanship and beauty of these Aromatizers. I'm sure the Flowerpot and Aromatizer both work exceptionally well, but the former is 100% machine-made, and the latter basically all hand-made (unsure about the heater). That alone is going to be a great experience I think, just knowing that a couple nice Germans made this thing in their house. Plus, I love the idea of an all-in-one contained unit, unlike the Flowerpot which is many little bits and my own glass. My expectations are set pretty high, and I'm not too worried about them not being met after reading about and watching people use this thing online.

:razz:
Firstly, congratulations.
That is stunning.
I've been going from one design to the other and I seem to be drawn still to the original.
More to the point, please give a brief comparison with your flowerpot when you have it in hand as that's my main desktop driver and I feel the same, that a hand made all in one might compliment the more scientific nature of the vrod ....

Anyway, I'm very envious at the moment :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Welcome @JibbsIsMe that is a great score! I was surprised how long that one lasted in the shop, it is super beautiful, it is the matching standard to @Ripstar's bandit, I believe it may be monsoon seas beneath the black cobblestone?

Yeah I guess there's still troubles with the shop and payment and things like that, not uncommon with some international sellers, I checked in mine still shows out of stock on the site, sent my payment yesterday, but it doesn't go through till the next business day which will be Monday regardless...

Since this is my third bandit, even though it's a mini, I guess I do like that form factor the best so far! Should probably try out my regular vapbong again, I brought it to Death Valley for a couple nights with my brothers it worked well, but I feel like I did not have the power or the water level quite right, and adjusting my inhale as a result... Honestly I may end up selling my old woodland fantasy standard to better share the wealth of Collyland and Jaxel's creative genius with another good home!

Edit: Daniel did reply to me as well today, I was just confirming that there is going to be an email notification when my payment goes through to them next week so I'll know, he also told me the Mini would not be shipping until the end of August because it is still in Portugal with Jaxel, must be arriving in Germany along with the two-handed bandits...? Plenty of time to spend in anticipation with my Tahiti Grape OAB :tup:

Last edited:

someTooL

Broke out the Monsoon last night and thought I’d snag a pic or two to share. The box is where the nut sleeps. I treat my VB like the sports car in the garage. Super fun to drive, but only on the weekends. Keeps the VAS in check…especially with all the new designs. That Snob is sooo nice.

Speaking of choosing a 1st and maybe only model, here is something to consider. Your hair length. I could see a long haired person having singeing issues using the VB whereas using a OAB would not due to head position. Just a thought.

Broke out the Monsoon last night and thought I’d snag a pic or two to share. The box is where the nut sleeps. I treat my VB like the sports car in the garage. Super fun to drive, but only on the weekends. Keeps the VAS in check…especially with all the new designs. That Snob is sooo nice.

Speaking of choosing a 1st and maybe only model, here is something to consider. Your hair length. I could see a long haired person having singeing issues using the VB whereas using a OAB would not due to head position. Just a thought.

Beautiful! And nice box too! I like the sports car metaphor - but in this case it’s ok to take it out everyday too! :cool:

Last edited:

I got my bud pro hookah hose in yesterday as recommended by @notams

Unfortunately - it doesn’t fit the OAB very well.
I was able to slice a small slit parallel to the tube and jam it into the mouthpiece (not a very secure fit), but I believe that even if it did fit properly the tube itself is just too wide and heavy to fit the OAB well.

I may possibly revisit at some point to see if I can get a better fit, and maybe my thoughts about the large size will change, but for now I think this will end up stored away in the attic with my old hookah (which did fortunately need a new hose) in case I ever decide to pull that back out someday.

Last edited:

vapirtoo

What a coincidence!
Following Notams, I found an old, unused hookah hose -5 feet-, and easily attached it to the VB
using a random silicon piece.
The open pull of the large diameter hose is sublime! So smooth and long that I may have to reduce the
heat.
I even plugged my loving carb hole with a piece of dried mango; to experience a full no hands pull.
Today I thought about this vape during a 30 mile bike ride; in the middle of my ride! WTF!

What a coincidence!
Following Notams, I found an old, unused hookah hose -5 feet-, and easily attached it to the VB
using a random silicon piece.
The open pull of the large diameter hose is sublime! So smooth and long that I may have to reduce the
heat.
I even plugged my loving carb hole with a piece of dried mango; to experience a full no hands pull.
Today I thought about this vape during a 30 mile bike ride; in the middle of my ride! WTF!
Would u be able to post a picture of said “random silicone piece” I can imagine a few ideas but may be helpful to see it

vaporculture

I could see how a hookah hose or similar would want to tip over a bandit but not an OG VB. I'd be tempted to try and secure the base of the bandit to the surface it's sitting on to prevent an accidental whoopsie.

fropones

Also, has anyone else had their orders cancelled without a reason or email? When I ordered this one, I ended up paying via bank transfer, and a day after I sent the transfer I saw the one I bought was back in stock on the website. I checked my order, and it was cancelled... so I sent them an email, and after no reply I decided to just order the same one again, so that no one else would snag it from me before they fixed my order status.

View attachment 11585
I followed the same thought process as you did (I also strongly considered the snob) and ended up getting the TreeFrog VB as my first aromatizer. Just got notification from colly.land this morning that it's shipped! Can't wait to put this thing to use.

vapbong-treefrog-spezial.jpg

realmoosesoup

On the "first aromatizer" topic, looks like my shipment finally cleared customs! Should be here later this week. Does anybody have advice for new owners? Most electric vapes get a burn in. Same? I'm going to experiment with the voltage and try to avoid combusting. I've seen a number of posts on that. Anything else we should be thinking about?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
On the "first aromatizer" topic, looks like my shipment finally cleared customs! Should be here later this week. Does anybody have advice for new owners? Most electric vapes get a burn in. Same? I'm going to experiment with the voltage and try to avoid combusting. I've seen a number of posts on that. Anything else we should be thinking about?

They are already burned in, and that happens again when you warm it up before first use (give it at least 30 minutes if not a full hour) settling in around 10.4v to start with deep quick draw not too long for starters, and just skim backwards through the thread :tup:

Ok folks, so this is my station of cardboard with dimples to hold the sacred nut,
as per Notams, I have a hookah hose that I'm learning to appreciate, which should
really shine with a group using separate tips.
Now that I can post pics. you folks are in for it.
gbOtxby.jpg

4RLJXfu.jpg
gur.com/
065PW9C.jpg
nsD9xH4.jpg[/img]
That *might* work for the OAB, but I’m still not sure if it would fit snugly enough.
For now I will continue to use my Lamart whip (which could be substituted with any “standard size” silicone tube that most vapes with whips use), as I’m pretty happy with it.
Thanks for sharing!

Ripstar

That *might* work for the OAB, but I’m still not sure if it would fit snugly enough.
For now I will continue to use my Lamart whip (which could be substituted with any “standard size” silicone tube that most vapes with whips use), as I’m pretty happy with it.
Thanks for sharing!
Yep, my Lamart whip works wonderful with my OAB. It really does help with some of the harshness.

Top Bottom