Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
OAB is my most coveted vape of 2021.

This is because bacteria get into the little cracks and so storing food in this type of ceramicware is not safe because the food can get contaminated by those bacteria and make you sick if you eat it. Now, I don't think (you never know) anyone is storing food in their Vapbongs but I don't see how this would make vaping safe/unsafe. Maybe where you put your mouth, there could be some bacteria there? I don't know. I've never worried about bacteria on my smoking/vaping apparatuses.
Did you read about crazing??

I never considered putting food inside desktop vaporizers.

Oil vapor will condense into the ceramic crazing in the long run, you see it or not, you like it or not.
In the long run, bacteria will get a hold at that condensed oil vapor at the ceramic crazing microscopic cracks.
And there you have your bacteria!!!
Bacteria can grow in many stuff, not only food.

Crazing mostly happens all over the ceramic, you can’t really see that much inside these ceramic desktops, but I’ve seen lots of crazing on most all units pictured here.

Zangano Cruel,

Oil vapor will condense into the ceramic crazing in the long run, you see it or not, you like it or not.
In the long run, bacteria will get a hold at that condensed oil vapor at the ceramic crazing microscopic cracks.

Crazing mostly happens all over the ceramic, you can’t really see that much inside these ceramic desktops, but I’ve seen lots of crazing on most all units pictured here.

Here is a more scientific article about this: https://ceramicartsnetwork.org/cera...es/glaze-chemistry/techno-file-dirty-dishes/#

I don’t know if the crazing really increases the risk of bacteria that much. Couldn’t you theoretically have bacteria form on any piece used for vaping?

Kins

Not sure if they'd fit but if people are worried about germs try a Mouthpeace. You don't need to use a carbon filter with it but they come with them and you can purchase more if you like. The whole idea of it is to prevent from spreading germs while sharing. The carbon filters are just an extra feature.

On the other hand you could just use wipes before each hit, but I'd bet you go threw a ton of them.

Are ceramics safe to use with “crazing”???

I’d consider my guts pretty resistant and seasoned worldwide to withstand any
cacarrea 💩 “street food”.
But I’d be way more careful when I’m using my lungs lately.
The older and more vaping I do, more tired lungs I get, but “bacteria growing in ceramic crazing” is something I don’t want to be inhaling from.
Im seeing a lot of “crazed ceramics” around here.
Sorry, but someone’s needs to bring that to attention.

Seems a little OCD to me. If you are worried about something like that or looking for something to worry about, yeah sounds like it might kill you. Quick search tells me "crazing" only occurs on glazed material. The inside of the vapbong as far as I know isn't glazed.....As far as I know anyway. It only occurs under "tensile stress"....

Just guessing but I really don't think this is something you have to worry about. Wondering how you even heard of this...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Quick search tells me "crazing" only occurs on glazed material. The inside of the vapbong as far as I know isn't glazed.....As far as I know anyway. It only occurs under "tensile stress"....

Just guessing but I really don't think this is something you have to worry about. Wondering how you even heard of this...

You're mistaken btw, the inside of these are completely glazed with clear glaze (why they are so easy to keep clean!) Even the ball bowl too, where I can see some crazing, but yeah I'm not at all concerned about it...

Last edited:

weedemon

enthusiast
Somehow managed to combust for the first time at 10.8-10.9 :'(

feels so bad, cleaned straight away, cant get the smell out... crying inside
by chance was the screen below beginning to get clogged up? IME with other vapes, that's when this happens.

Review:
OK, so i've had this thing a lil over a week or 2 and i feel like i can weigh in on it a little better now. so far for me 0 combustion.

so i am coming to this from a long list of vapes (if you guys remember me i was a vape addict for a longtime, wasting so much money on new vapes, but hey i'm in good company on this site. :D ) the last 3 that i've used regularly are the weedeater, my daily driver at home. the daisy aka sticky brick before that (now retired) and for when on the go, the mighty/sai.

to me the things that matter are flavor, effectiveness, and quality/health issues after that.

in terms of flavor this device is pretty good! it does not taste as good as the weedeater does, but i'd say it's better than the mighty or sticky brick.

for effect, this is the new boss in town. it packs bigger rips than any of the other vapes ive been using. it def is able to give you as much vapor as you want. I started using the vape at 10.4 but found that was getting in the way of the flavor, so i turned it down to 10.1/10 (depending on the ambient house temperature it seems) this was a vast improvement for me.

something really neat... I grow and it's so tasty that i've stopped buying weed. but i have all these old jars collecting dust. stuff that's over 3 years old even. meh. i decided to try some of these flowers that i have no interest in anymore because the flavor is so muted. The neat thing about the vapbong is that it give such thick rips, the flavor in these muted buds is more notable than it is in my other vapes. a pretty cool trick there!

as for quality and health. I see you guys talking about crazing and the glaze. i think that's OCD thought and not worth the worry. i did check out the glazing on the inside of mine. and while most of it appears to be glazed. i'd say about half way down, i can see the innards and it's pretty clearly not glazed entirely. i can feel the texture difference with my finger even. whatever. i'm not at all worried about that. daily cleaning + a more through deep cleaning once in awhile should suffice.

for cleaning i've replaced the water daily, and just hot water and a papertowel wipe seems to be doing a treat. i am thinking an iso rinse is about due though. not because it is dirty, just because i think it's a good idea.

overall this thing rocks. i wish i could see the vapor. it's a lot harder to tell what you are getting with this bad betty. i love the feel of the device it is so beautiful to look at. i can def see my self sitting in the yard with an extension cord, chilling with this thing later this summer.

while it was expensive I am happy with it. a great new tool. I am not sure it will replace my weedeater, but i really do like it a lot. now that i've had time to get used to it, i think it's time to play with the voltage dial some more!

Last edited:

vapirtoo

Great review weedemon
The craze on the glaze issue shook me, but then I remembered that I iso soak ,every other night
and rinse and wash with dish detergent the following mornings. I do this mainly because I cannot
see the inside of the bong and I worry about age old build up. This routine should mitigate the
microbes for a while.
The vape has become, "my precious", and I am concerned that this might become a situation.
The stupid ease and strength of the hits really make vaping a joy, easier than rolling a joint!
I love the carb-"kick" hole as a way of managing your hits. It also brings more flavor if you
finger it right!
Hey there were tons of you folks crying about delivery, now that you got your shit, what!
Everyone is to high to chime in?!

SquirrelMaster

The article said one solution is to wash in soapy water. I give my VapBong and One Armed Bandit a quick ISO rinse then water every week of usage at the most. I'd say the VapBong can get dirty as fast as any water bong and should be cleaned regularly.
Here is a more scientific article about this: https://ceramicartsnetwork.org/cera...es/glaze-chemistry/techno-file-dirty-dishes/#

I don’t know if the crazing really increases the risk of bacteria that much. Couldn’t you theoretically have bacteria form on any piece used for vaping?
Exactly, bacteria can grow on anything. Plus the small amount on both my pieces is irrelevant to the vapour path. There is some inside the ball but I also clean it often. If anyone is worried about bacterial growth they should clean there stuff every 2 days at most. I go a little longer most of the time.

Zangano Cruel

The article said one solution is to wash in soapy water. I give my VapBong and One Armed Bandit a quick ISO rinse then water every week of usage at the most. I'd say the VapBong can get dirty as fast as any water bong and should be cleaned regularly.

Exactly, bacteria can grow on anything. Plus the small amount on both my pieces is irrelevant to the vapour path. There is some inside the ball but I also clean it often. If anyone is worried about bacterial growth they should clean there stuff every 2 days at most. I go a little longer most of the time.
As I said, I’m not so worried about my guts, they’re quite strong. I know my lungs are strong too, but why risk them.
Soapy water will suffice for dishes to eat from.
I wouldn’t be so sure about crazed ceramics getting as clean or sanitized as regular boro scientific glass or quartz, imho & e, if I put an 1/8 of an ounce every day, through it, for an year, I’ll be surprised if glazing doesn’t suffer.
I doubt only hot water and soap will clean and sanitize so well, unless there’s some glaze degrading scrubbing of some sort, call it salt & ISO, brushing, etc etc…
Sorry, I shouldn’t have my opinion, since I don’t own “now” a ceramic desktop, but I’ve owned other ceramics heating ovens/elements, and they carry the same problems, ceramics degradation, glazing loss, and forever staining. Plus the associated flavor degradation by permanent “stains cooking”.
But to each their own. Enjoy the pottery!!!
Stay vaped. Mantente de la mente!!!

Last edited:

Zangano Cruel

Thanks Zangano for the info and concern. I do not feel that your concern is Cruel. HaHa
Your info makes my iso washes and soapy rinses seem more reasonable.
Thanks again for looking out for all of us! :tup:
I’ve seen what just soapy water and just hot water rinse, and no scrubbing 🧽 at all, does to some coffee mugs with perfect finish glazes and NO crazed glazing.
After a time they start getting all the hard stains and build ups of water, if you use tap water.
Unless someone washes and rinses their ceramic desktop with distilled water, I can see that buildup and “else”, growing in any crazed ceramic glazing, no matter you eat, drink, vape, “sublimate”, “thermal extract device :rofl:” the hell out of your herbs 🌿.
Thanks vapiritito for your “cruel” concerns about my avatar name :rofl:
Enjoy your clean 🧼 soapy pottery as well.
Stay vaped.
Mantente de la mente!!!

Kins

You're mistaken btw, the inside of these are completely glazed with clear glaze (why they are so easy to keep clean!) Even the ball bowl too, where I can see some crazing, but yeah I'm not at all concerned about it...

How do they get glaze on the inside? Just wondering. I guessed thinking it wasn't possible. I used to take pottery classes when I was a kid, but that was 40 years ago at least. Guess I can't really recall that far back. Memories are hazy.

.d

by chance was the screen below beginning to get clogged up? IME with other vapes, that's when this happens.
Yep, spot on, it got clogged after combusting a bit too much for my taste, and I didn't have any iso left so I went to listen to the burn clean advice from AOV...
Wolud not recommend, as I said. ultrasonic cleaner for my screens is the best so far (and for dynavap) !
I got 10 extra screens so i can just switch em up when people come over :)

Btw, I'm using maxtra+ filtered water for it, important to wash with that water to get the smell out after removing the weedwater

NimChimpsky

Btw, I'm using maxtra+ filtered water for it, important to wash with that water to get the smell out after removing the weedwater
While I'm not really worried about this topic (though I think it's worth it to bring up), I agree this is generally a good idea to use filtered water to clean and for bong water (in addition to an occasional iso rinse). I've just used tap to this point but will probably start using filtered moving forward. I usually only keep water in it if it's in use and empty when I turn it off.

Edit: damn that pistachio glaze is beautiful!

Last edited:

doctapeppa

How do they get glaze on the inside? Just wondering. I guessed thinking it wasn't possible. I used to take pottery classes when I was a kid, but that was 40 years ago at least. Guess I can't really recall that far back. Memories are hazy.
If you want glaze on the inside and a brush doesn't reach, you pour glaze into it and swirl it around and then leave it upside-down so the excess can drip out.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I cleaned the Bandit for the first time. I have it a nice bath with Dawn and then iso'd it. It came out clean, but this is the first time I noticed the cracks. I clean out the water at least twice a day. Am I ok?

Yeah don't worry about it, this is normal, there is also plenty of crazing underneath the ball bowl, that little glazed vapor path right below the screen, sees a lot of heat there of course! I also feel like that same heat makes this not a nice place for bacteria to live... Unless they like getting fucking wrecked :lol:

If you want glaze on the inside and a brush doesn't reach, you pour glaze into it and swirl it around and then leave it upside-down so the excess can drip out.

Haha yeah, except I've never let something sit upside down to drip out, the glaze dries pretty quick, so you would just pour it in and turn it around so it covers everything inside, then pour it out... I wonder how they do it here, because the tolerances need to match up well, so you don't want glaze to be too thick in some spots, so I bet they use a brush to paint some of the clear glaze as well... This would also explain why there are sometimes little patches without glaze... Of course there are some specific intentional patches without glaze, for the connections between the heating sphere and the ball bowl and the downstem chillum...

The first time I ever took pottery as a kid, it was a place with big buckets of glaze, and we were taught to dip for the entire glaze coating, so that way you are dipping inside and out easily... When I got more seriously into ceramics, we had tons of tiny containers, so it was mostly painting, and yeah it depends on the glazes, you don't really want to do the fill trick here using one of these jungle gem glazes that have the glass pebbles that melt, so that is partly why they do it with their clear glaze here.

Last edited:

BigJr48

While I'm not really worried about this topic (though I think it's worth it to bring up), I agree this is generally a good idea to use filtered water to clean and for bong water (in addition to an occasional iso rinse). I've just used tap to this point but will probably start using filtered moving forward. I usually only keep water in it if it's in use and empty when I turn it off.

Edit: damn that pistachio glaze is beautiful!
I use distilled water in all my glass pieces, it work great.

Shadooz

After a time they start getting all the hard stains and build ups of water, if you use tap water.
Limestone (calcium?) will even build up with filtred water with maxtraa, still less than unfiltered
I use white vinegar on glass, but it will just attack the ceramic here...

If anyone is worried about bacterial growth they should clean there stuff every 2 days at most

Never let stagnant water for too long. Average incubation for legionela is 5 days.. (it can be 2 days). And they are not the only ones...

An other things is that reclaim accumulation is exponential. So never wait to much..

Last edited:

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
I haven't deep cleaned my VB for over a year...

I just rinse a few times with water and let it be.

I also drink straight unfiltered mountain water and expose my immune system to a lot of challenges (haven't been sick for 5+ yrs [healthy adult male]) so the VB to me isn't a thought.

If you're someone who deep cleans often (after every session), I think the VB (Aromatizer) is not quite up your alley. If you're some weirdo like me, then it's perfect :)

west-elec

Never let stagnant water for too long. Average incubation for legionela is 5 days.. (it can be 2 days). And they are not the only ones...

An other things is that reclaim accumulation is exponential. So never wait to much..

That is a good point. The water is a far bigger bacteria risk than small colonies that might survive in tiny cracks. In like 1 hour that bong water is going to be a sea of little creatures all breeding and growing- billions and billions of them, all pretty much harmless. Bacteria is everywhere and the slightly warm water temp would be ideal breeding conditions.
Legionella is a different story and changing your water daily is essential, but I think legionella prefers warmer water than your average bong so realistically probably safe anyway. But sucking the vapour through infected water would be worst case for getting an infection, so better safe than sorry.
Like washing your hands soapy water will break up bacteria enough to keep your ceramic hygienic, iso better still.
On a seperate health issue with legionella, leaving your garden hose full of water, out in the sun, it could be chock full of legionella one end to the other. Turn off at the tap, not at the nozzle.

Shadooz

but I think legionella prefers warmer water than your average bong
Legionella was the first one to come in mind.
Range Temp of breeding 20C(69F) to 46C(114F)

Thats why home heater are put above 50C at least

Luckily tap water is full of chlore which reduce dramasticaly the risk.
But Chlore still evaporate with time.
Filltred water have less limescale but less chlore too...

I iso clean every week and change water once between, with glass. But mostly because of the taste deterioration than being hypocondriac

I also drink straight unfiltered mountain water
I did it all the time when skiing, but that's spring water,... naturally distilled, moving and cold...

It's not because corona is everywhere u will get sick by it. Would u take the risk ?

Last edited:
I wanted to run this by you guys. Do you see how the coil is resting on the heater? I am not getting really good vapor while it's resting like this. It's really floppy and doesn't stay in place. Playing with the wire doesn't help. Is there anything I can put there so it doesn't move and stays in place? Something that wont burn lol.

As for my Bandit, the coil stays in place mostly. I had some trouble with it, but overall, it stays in place when I move it. It's not flaccid like the VB. I keep my temps at 10.4 on both devices and the Bandit outperforms the VB by a mile.

Top Bottom