Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

I have been researching hookah's hoses and I am definitely going to try @notams idea. I have it in my amazon list and will buy it closer to when the April units ship out. I saw some guy on youtube with a nice wooden hookah hose mouthpiece. He wasn't specific, just said he got it at a headshop. Has anyone had any success hooking up a hookah hose to the Bandit? I would really like to try that out.

notams

toke down Babylon
Please share your carb hole ideas. Classics and older OABs have them and many folks choose to plug it. So, if you have one and cover it, how do you cover / plug it?

The carb is something I've completely ignored in the past. I started playing around with it a few days ago and including carb hole manipulation into the whole ritual am really enjoying it.

I jimmy rigged a plug like so...

upload image

That's a Dynavap fat mouthpiece. It fits great in the hole.

upload image

It's completely unnecessary, but really fun to mess around with the carb / ball removal sequence and I found out it's a lot easier to give the plug a "tail" that is tied to the power cord. I dropped that f$&king thing so many times and every damn time it rolled into another universe.

Share pics of how you play with your hole or how you plug it. *

* that was for @BestBuds to quote out of context.

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
This is new for me and really fun. Wanted to share.

I'm a big tea drinker. All day, every day, herbal, caffeine - anything tea. Also, I'm really big on aromas and pairings of flavors and aromas. So, I thought I'd pair tea with VB. Last night I had a maple walnut rooibos herbal tea with cannahoney and cream with fresh ground sprinkles of Golden Goat. Wow.

1 Brew something that has a little fat in it (milk or cream) because cannabinoids are not water soluble. If you're vegan use coconut oil.

2 Use hand shredded nugs. Load up a bowl and hit it lightly, just until the baby nugs feel dry and crumbly.

3 Take out a toasted nug and crumble it into your tea. Bonus points for licking your fingers clean.

4 Vape and sip. Crumble, vape and sip. Repeat til empty.

Take breaks to sniff the herb bowl, your tea, your fingers. Go slow and enjoy. Notice how the aroma changes as you deeper into the toast and the how it affects your palate.

Here's a pic of a fresh crushed sprinkle. Notice that it's just a tiny bit and its very finely crushed. It adds a hint of aroma and flavor to your cup and is super fun. Keep adding fresh sprinkles and try to keep them stirred up and not settling on bottom.

Your use case is *exactly* how the VapBong was designed to be loved. The vibe, aesthetic, experience - no Volcano Hybrid can come close to this. Very naice!

BestBuds

The Dude
that was for @BestBuds to quote out of context
How can I resist?

I have actually grown fond of finger popping my bonghole. :mental:
Seriously tho, I use it with a whip and I find it's a nice one handed side table operation method as it's set up to my left. So I put the bowl on, take the whip end from the carb hole where I store it, and then cover the carb hole and hit. When I take off the bowl there is sometimes a puff of vapor that just sits in the down stem like a witches cauldron. I love sipping up that vapor and watching it go woosh down the tube....

deadlytoaster

Canadian lost in Europe
Oooo today is my 1 year anniversary with the VapBong!!

Best. Vape. Ever.

Enjoying it while I can - once I start van living the power requirements will be too hard to fulfill frequently </3

I think Art of Vapor showed us how minimal tech and a seemingly 'simple' design works *the* best after decades of technical evolution.

BestBuds

The Dude
My Bowlé battery died one hit into a pot. I was just about to iso my VB bowl and change the screen and noticed the Bowlé pot fits right in there. Hmmm maybe testing is in order?

Update: Meh, it's a cool thing to know but it ruins the fun of the VB.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
My Bowlé battery died one hit into a pot. I was just about to iso my VB bowl and change the screen and noticed the Bowlé pot fits right in there. Hmmm maybe testing is in order?

Someone else posted about that earlier, I checked and confirmed it myself, but haven't actually tested it out functionally... It is a vapbong night for me here though! :brow:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

PXL-20210313-063237120.jpg

Strawberry Cake cbd nugs and ground in the dishes, Biscotti Sundae ground in the BCG... Then mixed together in the plum jelly bandit!

fak

The Dude
Please share your carb hole ideas. Classics and older OABs have them and many folks choose to plug it. So, if you have one and cover it, how do you cover / plug it?

The carb is something I've completely ignored in the past. I started playing around with it a few days ago and including carb hole manipulation into the whole ritual am really enjoying it.

I jimmy rigged a plug like so...

upload image

That's a Dynavap fat mouthpiece. It fits great in the hole.

upload image

It's completely unnecessary, but really fun to mess around with the carb / ball removal sequence and I found out it's a lot easier to give the plug a "tail" that is tied to the power cord. I dropped that f$&king thing so many times and every damn time it rolled into another universe.

Share pics of how you play with your hole or how you plug it. *

* that was for @BestBuds to quote out of context.
When I was casually browsing the thread I stumbled across a user who molded a plug out of ceramic and baked it in his oven, I will definitely be attempting something a long these lines when I get mine.
Bought a ceramic dish off Etsy for the bowl. Like the complementary blue.

View attachment 6409
Great idea! I ordered 3 extra loading dishes (two should come with my VB and OAB so 5 total) when I placed my order I figured one can be for the bowl

After experimenting with voltages and load sizes for a bit, I've finally settled into a groove again. I've been turning it on at 11v and letting it heat soak down to 10.2v. Typical bowl is 0.1g. This setting lets me crush the bowl in 2 big hits, plus a couple of cleanup hits. Perfectly even coffee brown AVB. I like using the bowl as a hand warmer after I'm done.

I really love this vape. The vapor quality, the airflow, the ritual, the ease of use/maintenance, the aesthetics... very little to complain about here. I guess the biggest con is occasional paranoia about breaking it. I might need an OAB at some point as a backup. :lol:

Shit Snacks

When I was casually browsing the thread I stumbled across a user who molded a plug out of ceramic and baked it in his oven, I will definitely be attempting something a long these lines when I get mine.

They actually used sculpey clay, not ceramic, they molded the clay then baked it, then wrapped it in saran wrap I believe before using it to plug the VB... @BestBuds?

Great idea! I ordered 3 extra loading dishes (two should come with my VB and OAB so 5 total) when I placed my order I figured one can be for the bowl

The funnel dishes are awesome, I use them with many other vapes and such as well!

Jaxel

Manufacturer
Hello dear ones. It's fun to read along here. We are happy that AoV can inspire you with the vapbongs. We are also very grateful for your patience. We do our best to work quickly. Yesterday was our first day together (after a few weeks) when we took time off to get our garden ready for spring. Now we're back in the Bastelbude😊 I'm not pregnant, by the way. I would like to have 7 or 8 more children but Axel always laughs at me and asks if I'm still clear in the head😅 with changes I meant something else. We are in close contact with Daniel and want to move closer together. Where that will be we have not yet decided but ideas are there. And some other things but that we share when the time is ripe for it. We wish you a wonderful Sunday. Love Janine

NimChimpsky

Pulling out Gollum for the first time since my Bandit arrived in Feb. He hit me right in the face with the first hit to remind me that he is not to be neglected just cause some shiny new blue balls come into the mix... I gotta say, while I love my other vapes and use them all with varying frequency, my VBs are my landslide favs and the majority of my flower goes through them.

I use the Bowle a lot around the house when my VBs are off or warming up, Mighty for out of the house/trips. The rest get used on occasion. But, man, there really is nothing like the AoV experience for me. Just a damn joy to use. Every time.

Drinkaholik

i am alcohol intolerant
Pulling out Gollum for the first time since my Bandit arrived in Feb. He hit me right in the face with the first hit to remind me that he is not to be neglected just cause some shiny new blue balls come into the mix... I gotta say, while I love my other vapes and use them all with varying frequency, my VBs are my landslide favs and the majority of my flower goes through them.

I use the Bowle a lot around the house when my VBs are off or warming up, Mighty for out of the house/trips. The rest get used on occasion. But, man, there really is nothing like the AoV experience for me. Just a damn joy to use. Every time.
i saw your reddit post with the same pic lol

fak

The Dude
Monsoon pre-orders sold out a few days ago, only two of each of the firecracker and tree frog left as well as one art edition (Bernd). April is just around the corner folks!

fak,

Shit Snacks

Monsoon pre-orders sold out a few days ago, only two of each of the firecracker and tree frog left as well as one art edition (Bernd). April is just around the corner folks!

Damn it I forgot to go look and take a screenshot of the actual monsoon vapbong (when it was updated from the bong) oh well :rofl:

Shit Snacks,
  • Haha
Reactions: fak
Top Bottom