Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

notams

toke down Babylon
@bkkbob My wife told me that one of my favorite hoodies made me look "weird". I went to put it in the donate bin and she said, "nah, not yet." She's worn it nearly every day since. See my point? My guess is your girl wants it for herself.

That mermaid VB is amazing! Mermaids remind me of the stories of sirens, beautiful mythical women who seduced sailors to their death. Their song and beauty was irresistible and the sailors would wreck their ships chasing after them. Yours will surely seduce you to many adventures. Happy sailing! Puff proudly and happily my friend.

Oh, and mermaids ARE gender specific. Males are mermen. Mermaid is 'mer' for sea or ocean and 'maid' is an old fashioned word for virgin girl. If one meant the display of a beautiful female form is gender / sexuality specific then I may agree based on the premise that I don't think many straight men have tattoos of hunky guys on their arms. So, using that logic - this is the manliest VB I've ever seen. It would be strange for a female to use a mermaid VB.

And, yes. Hand torn baby nugs are even better than shredded in this device. And, please refrain from using the "s" word. You said smoke. Shame on you.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@bkkbob My wife told me that one of my favorite hoodies made me look "weird". I went to put it in the donate bin and she said, "nah, not yet." She's worn it nearly every day since. See my point? My guess is your girl wants it for herself.

That mermaid VB is amazing! Mermaids remind me of the stories of sirens, beautiful mythical women who seduced sailors to their death. Their song and beauty was irresistible and the sailors would wreck their ships chasing after them. Yours will surely seduce you to many adventures. Happy sailing! Puff proudly and happily my friend.

Oh, and mermaids ARE gender specific. Males are mermen. Mermaid is 'mer' for sea or ocean and 'maid' is an old fashioned word for virgin girl. If one meant the display of a beautiful female form is gender / sexuality specific then I may agree based on the premise that I don't think many straight men have tattoos of hunky guys on their arms. So, using that logic - this is the manliest VB I've ever seen. It would be strange for a female to use a mermaid VB.

And, yes. Hand torn baby nugs are even better than shredded in this device. And, please refrain from using the "s" word. You said smoke. Shame on you.

Haha but who, does anyone want tattoos of hunky guys?? Maybe a centaur or something... But yeah I think both straight and lesbian women alike, could have a mermaid tattoo, so why not the same for men?! MerPeople ;) :lol:

Ripstar

"Merpeople" - Solid. How very 21st century of you.
bashful ben stiller GIF

notams

toke down Babylon

I tried to capture the holy trinity: tea weed and beer. It was so pretty in the sun I just had to share.

On a similar note, you know that perfect chooglin' sound the VB makes? Well, right around the time this pic was snapped I was VBing to "Keep on Chooglin" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. If there was ever a theme song for my sessions - that is it. Throw in a beer (or a good spicy masala chai) and a beam of sunshine and you can almost forget...

Ripstar

I tried to capture the holy trinity: tea weed and beer. It was so pretty in the sun I just had to share.

On a similar note, you know that perfect chooglin' sound the VB makes? Well, right around the time this pic was snapped I was VBing to "Keep on Chooglin" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. If there was ever a theme song for my sessions - that is it. Throw in a beer (or a good spicy masala chai) and a beam of sunshine and you can almost forget...
Beautiful pic man! It almost seems like Morocco. Which, just legalized cannabis!

Johnfaceman

Just dipping my toe into this thread and the vapbong seems like it checks all the boxes.

Kinda wish I knew about them when they were in stock. Can anyone elaborate on the current production plans/ pricing structure etc?

Like will I be likely to see or get my hands on, what I'm seeing referred to as, blems or b-stock within the next few months? If not, what's the latest pricing and projected restock on the classics? Are they available to ship when they hit the sight, or are they made to order?

Thanks to anyone who can answer some of that!

NimChimpsky

Just dipping my toe into this thread and the vapbong seems like it checks all the boxes.

Kinda wish I knew about them when they were in stock. Can anyone elaborate on the current production plans/ pricing structure etc?

Like will I be likely to see or get my hands on, what I'm seeing referred to as, blems or b-stock within the next few months? If not, what's the latest pricing and projected restock on the classics? Are they available to ship when they hit the sight, or are they made to order?

Thanks to anyone who can answer some of that!
Hey there :wave: Recently, they have been doing pre-order batches for the classic glazes and will periodically release a very limited number of Art Editions and b-stocks (rarer) that are often available to ship when (or soon after) being posted to the site. They did a Jan/Feb preorder for regular glazes (delivery was listed as 'late Jan/early Feb' and mine was delivered Feb 5th). The next preorder was for April thats now sold out. This is purely speculation, but I would assume another preorder batch will pop up on the site in the next month or 2 to be delivered sometime mid-late summer.

Regular glazes are around ~$400 shipped. Art editions are usually $500-$800. B stocks are hard to snag, the last (small) batch went in like 5 mins and they rarely do those drops. You can always join their mailing list for announcements.

Last edited:

BestBuds

The Dude
Tonight I took a .4g nug and put it whole into the bowl and then smushed some budder onto the top of the nug. I took 2 wispy hits and that melted all the budder into the bud. Then I took it out and broke it into smaller micro buds and holy vapballs I'm loving THIS!

Texus

Tonight I took a .4g nug and put it whole into the bowl and then smushed some budder onto the top of the nug. I took 2 wispy hits and that melted all the budder into the bud. Then I took it out and broke it into smaller micro buds and holy vapballs I'm loving THIS!
Love it. Hit some Frosted Flakes in a dry VB and it was glorious. Damn the beautiful pulls on this VapBong are amazing and effortless.

Also Troy and Jerry (@stickstones) are talking VapBong on thier livestream tonight. Started already but haven't gotten to VB bizness yet. Will also be available as a recorded episode on their channel:

Ripstar

I love these posts but they conflict with me, only because, I now have to do it...... 😂I haven't used that technique for a few days and, it's always a great change-up!

SonicBacon

I finally got a silicone adapter that fits the Vapbong and allows me to fit a stem to restrict the airway a little bit. I find the Vapbong to be a little too wide open for my liking and this was my way of changing it. As an added bonus it makes things more ergonomic and a little easier on the body.

Can’t seem to get the picture linked but hopefully this works.

passenger

is this thing on?
After testing my second OAB I can see the reason why our preferences in dial settings are so wildly different firsthand. Both OAB are perfectly working and reach the same results, first one at about 9.5V, the other at 10.5V. You just have to find your sweet spot with every VB/OAB again.

VapeEnthusiast

Troy's Army
After testing my second OAB I can see the reason why our preferences in dial settings are so wildly different firsthand. Both OAB are perfectly working and reach the same results, first one at about 9.5V, the other at 10.5V. You just have to find your sweet spot with every VB/OAB again.

Congrats on your unit making it through the mail @Lazylathe !!!

My unit was initially hitting well at 11.6-12. Now it hits well at 12.3-12.5.

I'm a little concerned - is my unit losing power? Or perhaps something else is happening?

The change occurred after 1-2 weeks of ownership and hasn't changed again as far as I can tell. Has anyone else experienced similar?

@Vape Enthusiast

I have not noticed any change yet and I am pretty much only using my VapBong as it is kicking my ass!
Still at 10,2V.

I heat up on MAX till the heater ball gets hot then turn down to my preferred temp and do a few dry pulls through it to warm up the whole system.
The herb chamber should be getting warm to hot during your session.
Are you also waiting the full 15 minutes for this massive beast to heat soak correctly? I am guilty of this...Now I will only start my session once the top portion of the bowl chamber is hot!
Let it heat soak and you will be good!
When you load, compress the herb a bit to cover the entire screen for even air flow. I have also discovered my bowl has a "sweet spot" where it will seal perfectly, slightly twist it and it's gone. It also starts to work a lot better after a bowl or two to really heat the system up nicely.
Hard pulls work best with this vape as well, nice and deep long inhales.

Another trick is to not remove the herb bowl for very long. You want to keep it nice and hot for max performance.
So by halfway, everything you touch is nice and toasty warm! Going to love this vape in winter for my poor hands!

It really starts to shine 20+ minutes into a session with those massive, tasty clouds.
I will keep an eye on my unit and update if anything odd happens!

@dzoinp
You are 100% correct! His two staff that moved to Portugal are the ones that design the very arty ones.
Guess they sell slower than the regular ones, so maybe just a certain number per month are required from them?
All the material comes from Germany to manufacture the VapBong.

@readyman
Not really sure yet but i prefer the flavor of the VapBong and it can produce some crazy clouds!
It's definitley an artisan vape that takes some getting used to and you need to learn how to best use it as each unit is unique.

And for your viewing pleasure!
0,1g of Medusa Pink at 10,2V...

Earlier in the thread, Lazy and I discussed our extremely different settings! If I had to guess, each VB probably has a slightly different heater resistance. Mine only really works at 12.3v+

thunderstealer1337

I've had 2 and use the same voltage regulator on the same setting each time, it's either start at 12.0 and let it rest to 11.0, or start at 11.4 and let it rest at 10.4

I'll repeat myself again imo the heat soaking from 10 mins to an hour to couple hours makes it hit differently.

Tbh due to how I pack/draw speed I can get the same type of hit I want on the very first 2-3 pulls that gives tremendous flavor, I only adjust the voltage for certain strains where the flavor continues to pop until it's brown (12.0 - 11.0) otherwise it's usually the resting 11.4 - 10.4.

This device along with the p80 just reinstates that preset temps aren't suitable for every strain out there regardless if they were grown OD, LD, ID and having adjustability is key.

notams

toke down Babylon
@SonicBacon that stem is wicked. Amazing. Love it. Does it cool the vapor sufficiently to go dry? I couldn't use it though. My spinchter muscles would be unacceptably tight from worrying about snapping that glass at the joint. And, yes. There IS an acceptable level of spinchter tightness.

@BestBuds that session sounds awesome. I put some sugar wax stuff I found in my drawer. Super old and crumbly. Wrapped it in degummed hemp fiber and... yeah, it's VOOORKING! I think it might've been CBD but, who cares? Victoria (that's my VB's name) just chugged out vapor like a fog machine at a Metallica concert.

@bkkbob I love the sea of glass your mermaid is swimming in. Dude, I thought you had to ditch the girlfriend because she was talking smack about your other girlfriend. But, any woman that allows THAT much glassware in the house is a keeper. Also, glad your mermaid is continuing to seduce you. Swim deep, brother.

SonicBacon

@SonicBacon that stem is wicked. Amazing. Love it. Does it cool the vapor sufficiently to go dry? I couldn't use it though. My spinchter muscles would be unacceptably tight from worrying about snapping that glass at the joint. And, yes. There IS an acceptable level of spinchter tightness.

@BestBuds that session sounds awesome. I put some sugar wax stuff I found in my drawer. Super old and crumbly. Wrapped it in degummed hemp fiber and... yeah, it's VOOORKING! I think it might've been CBD but, who cares? Victoria (that's my VB's name) just chugged out vapor like a fog machine at a Metallica concert.

@bkkbob I love the sea of glass your mermaid is swimming in. Dude, I thought you had to ditch the girlfriend because she was talking smack about your other girlfriend. But, any woman that allows THAT much glassware in the house is a keeper. Also, glad your mermaid is continuing to seduce you. Swim deep, brother.

It does add some cooling but I haven’t tried it dry yet. The plug doesn’t fit super well so the stem is more likely to fall out and break on impact with the table. I remove it after every hit just in case.

SonicBacon,
Top Bottom