Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

notams

toke down Babylon
Right around 4:20 today I had a nice beverage. I call it a "Colorado Cocktail". Note the toasted herb sprinkle. Yummy. Chewy.

I suggest something aggressively hopped (75+ IBUs) to slightly crush your palate. It helps soften and spread out the cannabis' mouthfeel.

I am sorry for your loss! Can you please drop the second ball as well so we can see how it was made? Don´t take it so hard. This is German humor.
Edit:
I sent a request to Colly from AoV and here the answer: Colly Light: "With superglue can be stuck great. Just let it air out well. I have done this several times. Also with pipes."

I love how "dropping the ball" is a great metaphor for a huge mistake and error that you regret and is literally a huge mistake and error that you regret.
I will post this expression to the German group of Dr. Colly Light. Could be going viral.
I was always a little scared to try the higher temps. Tonight, I ramped it up to 11. 8, finally got my first hot spot. But, I am on the new Mars rover. Completely worth the risk
The rover works without any problems yet. No risk, no fun.

Last edited:

vapirtoo

1101..... Horrors!
Please share how this happened
so the rest of us can have care.
After screaming, crying and general bitching;
I would grab some super glue as posted. :tup:
WTF!!!!

Thanks everyone! To be honest - I’m still feeling pretty bummed this morning and don’t want to think that I truly broke it :(

last night things were going so well - I was actually thinking to myself how much I was loving the VB right before. I even was showing my wife how simple and easy it is (she doesn’t partake).

I had my noise canceling earphones on and was doing a few boxing workouts in my garage while slowly hitting a VB bowl. I casually set the nut down on my table, and next think I know I see it on the floor (didn’t even hear it). My heart DROPPED!

I normally keep the bowl and dish in a raw rolling tray which it can’t just roll away from. This was probably only a handful of times I hadn’t done that.

im still just so sad and honestly somewhat speechless. Certainly a bit mad at myself but mistakes do happen after all :(

thanks for the advice on possibly fixing it. I actually didn’t think that would be possible given the proximity to the heater, but the jb weld that I already used to fix the mouthpiece is rated to 550f :shrug::shrug:

I have reached out to Daniel and will wait to hear back before doing any thing further.

gonna suck having to go back to just a mighty and a DV now :(

Steel28

Thanks everyone! To be honest - I’m still feeling pretty bummed this morning and don’t want to think that I truly broke it :(

last night things were going so well - I was actually thinking to myself how much I was loving the VB right before. I even was showing my wife how simple and easy it is (she doesn’t partake).

I had my noise canceling earphones on and was doing a few boxing workouts in my garage while slowly hitting a VB bowl. I casually set the nut down on my table, and next think I know I see it on the floor (didn’t even hear it). My heart DROPPED!

I normally keep the bowl and dish in a raw rolling tray which it can’t just roll away from. This was probably only a handful of times I hadn’t done that.

im still just so sad and honestly somewhat speechless. Certainly a bit mad at myself but mistakes do happen after all :(

thanks for the advice on possibly fixing it. I actually didn’t think that would be possible given the proximity to the heater, but the jb weld that I already used to fix the mouthpiece is rated to 550f :shrug::shrug:

I have reached out to Daniel and will wait to hear back before doing any thing further.

Good luck bro and let us know the outcome!

Just go to a pottery store, pottery group or potter in your area. There they can help you. Here in Germany, I have often heard that people have repaired or even partially renewed their broken vapbong. And if you negotiate a little bit, it will even be quite cheap. For sure.

justcametomind

My ball broke in 7/8 pieces.
Repair+shipping costs 80€~ and you need to ship back the vape at your expense.
My advice is find a glue that is safe to use and do it yourself.
I didn’t try and sent it immediately in. It takes time and mine took 2 attempts. It would have needed a third but they milled a bit my heater ball and the bowl with the result that if I ever try to repair my previous one, it wouldn’t fit now.
And new ball means a new vape. It’s taking me weeks to set the right temperature and the right draw rate again.
And just to have the same vape as yours, same color too, mine got his arm broken during the basketball postal trip to DE.

thank u! I hadn’t considered this
and here my gift to all abandoned Vapbongs souls, the desecrated and fallen (droped): 3 videos in English from the Master himself. Colly, the inventor of the vapbong explains how to make a vapbong:

Pulp Fiction: Jules (Sam L Jackson) asks Vincent (John Travolta) "we happy?". To this Vincent responds "yeah, we happy".
Please don´t punish me for my English. I am still learning.

notams

toke down Babylon
@1101010100101 My heart, as is your sacred oven nut, is torn asunder. One must first close their eyes to the dark before they can open them to see the dawn. Pause and let this darkness pass my friend. Soon it will be morning.

@wildwildeast Thanks for sharing those videos. The making of the head was fascinating! I can not believe this beautiful and unique hand made piece of art is also the most well executed vaporizer. It's like discovering Michaelangelo's David also made amazing espresso.

Oh, and your English and grammar is better that most native speakers. Additionally, learning English from Tarantino: better than a university education.

Gigsabits53

Wow, I hope you get everything worked out.

Just found a video by Felix Denzler, son of the legendary Colly light. His job was to repair a broken ball (like @1101010100101 ). The customer had to send the entire vapbong to Felix. Felix reshaped the ball. After the firing process, the ball must be adjusted so that no unwanted airflow enters the device. After the first firing, the ball can no longer shrink. After grinding in, the ball is fired and glazed again. During this process, the shape no longer changes. The Video is in German. But the pictures explain it well:

Edit
and 2 weeks ago, he let us have a look to his new shapes:

Last edited:

notams

toke down Babylon
As @vaporculture pointed out there is stock right NOW (3) on the AoV website Art Edition page.

Email timestamped about 30 minutes ago. Cut and paste message:

"High! We have 2 new vaporizers from Felix in our shop. Due to his family situation and the associated lack of time, his models are currently quite rare, so we are sending you a newsletter."

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
As @vaporculture pointed out there is stock right NOW (3) on the AoV website Art Edition page.

Email timestamped about 30 minutes ago. Cut and paste message:

"High! We have 2 new vaporizers from Felix in our shop. Due to his family situation and the associated lack of time, his models are currently quite rare, so we are sending you a newsletter."

Haha yeah I just got that as well, looks like FC beat the newsletter this time!

Screenshot-20210307-121037.png

Mystic Relic and Ancient Relic on the right

Also looks like Blooming Blue is an option again in the classics! Who went Monsoon?

Top Bottom