Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Felix Denzler

Manufacturer
Hi Folks

on current occasion i want to inform you that i will work independently from collyland from now on. Therefore a new thread will come up soon as i already talked to stu, one of the administrators in Fuckcombastion who agreed.
It will mainly give room for those who want to order a custom design or one of the new Models im recently working on.
Im looking forward to post pictures and info in the upcoming thread and i invite you to take a look :)
If one of you have any questions u can send me a private message here of via email : felixdenzler@gmx.de

Thanks and see you soon !

Felix

Today makes one year of Vapbong ownership!
Thanks Used2use for spotting this one and putting
it on blast!
Thanks fellow vapers for the motivation to pull the
trigger on this wild looking designed pottery.
These artisan vapes are not made by accountants
and can come an go at any time.
To Felix and the crew, Great work, Great vibe,
Great high.
Makes me want to understand German! LOL
I enjoy reading your posts and the positive vibes they express !
Happy if youre happy :)

I will keep pushing videos on youtube in english from time to time so you can understand :p

Collyland / Daniel

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Anyone available in Canada for repair/warranty tickets?
No only in the US at the moment. Still much faster and safer than Europe/Germany.

In the past months we had more repairs than it should be. We checked the whole process and we changed one component and one tool in our manufacturing process. Actually, we use robust technology and repairs should only occur very rarely !

Motowatch

I took (what I am told is) my One Armed Bandit on a trip (instead of the other way around) and now back home I plugged in the power supply and set the unit itself on the table, put some natural supplement in the ball and waited 20 minutes or so.

Ahhh, now it was time. So I mounted the ball and took a strong hit off the Bandit with no water in it, that had not yet been plugged into the power supply. >L<

Okay, let's try this again... ^L^

coolbreeze

I took (what I am told is) my One Armed Bandit on a trip (instead of the other way around) and now back home I plugged in the power supply and set the unit itself on the table, put some natural supplement in the ball and waited 20 minutes or so.

Ahhh, now it was time. So I mounted the ball and took a strong hit off the Bandit with no water in it, that had not yet been plugged into the power supply. >L<

Okay, let's try this again... ^L^
It's got you too high already!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Loving my vapbong.

Every time I use it it further impresses me.

It may be edging it's way to the no. 1 spot.

Smooth fluffy hits that never fail to please.

BUT every time a butterfly flaps its wings in China or an American let's rip my voltage changes.
I like it set to 10.0. if I look away for 10 mins it has drifted to 10.3 which is a tad hot for me. i then have to battle the regulator to reset.

So will one of these resolve the problem? Will my voltage stay where I set it despite the variables of flatulance or beating wings ?

Thanks folks....

JaaCeeDee

Red at REFC Labs has something DIY that I believe works with many logs and similar units, it might also work with Vapbong, he might have some assembled units by now available,

there's also a thread here at FC

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Loving my vapbong.

Every time I use it it further impresses me.

It may be edging it's way to the no. 1 spot.

Smooth fluffy hits that never fail to please.

BUT every time a butterfly flaps its wings in China or an American let's rip my voltage changes.
I like it set to 10.0. if I look away for 10 mins it has drifted to 10.3 which is a tad hot for me. i then have to battle the regulator to reset.

So will one of these resolve the problem? Will my voltage stay where I set it despite the variables of flatulance or beating wings ?

Thanks folks....

Same question as you! ^ Anyone have an alternative PSU they like to use? PSU on VB gave out but looking to just buy something a lil nicer instead of warrantying :)

@JaaCeeDee beat me to it… That’s the way to go. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any first hand infos, but there‘s good people around that can! Let us hear your thoughts and reports, please ! :)

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
@JaaCeeDee and @vapen00b
Thanks. I linked the same one as suggested by Red to fit in his fancy box as I have been reading the relevant threads. It does work with vapbong.

He says it will stop Voltage swings. Can someone confirm this is the case before I invest.
Thanks

Last edited:

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
@Chicken No Name
Best approach is indeed getting a separate controller and PSU. If you need smth more high end ,i suggest the WIFI controlled blue one.
Btw this shift in voltage happens because of the shift in resistance as the kanthal gets hotter. If you want voltage to stay constant you need a smarter controller with ability to stabilize voltage,cause the ones build in those crappy AIO PSUs are trying to keep the current value so the voltage fluxates,some are even PWM controlled.

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
The stock power supply works really consistently if you dial it in to your preference after preheated; preheated to the point where the Voltage shown stabilizes. Then leave the dial where it is and power on/off with pulling the plug or better: just use a switch powered plug in front of the power supply. I use it like this all the time, it is very convenient and I haven't looked at the Voltage for ages. The power supply you can order real cheap, I bought two for maybe 20 bucks...

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
The stock power supply works really consistently if you dial it in to your preference after preheated; preheated to the point where the Voltage shown stabilizes. Then leave the dial where it is and power on/off with pulling the plug or better: just use a switch powered plug in front of the power supply. I use it like this all the time, it is very convenient and I haven't looked at the Voltage for ages. The power supply you can order real cheap, I bought two for maybe 20 bucks...
Happy yours works so well but that is not close to my experience at all.

I leave the dial set and the voltage will go up and down, seemingly random. Not massive amounts but enough to make me notice and have to adjust. The dial is then very sensitive so tuning to a specific value is tedious.
Some evenings it behaves better than others. But mine is too variable and doesn't do the vape justice imo.

It's great that there are upgrade options.

Thanks @Abysmal Vapor for the suggestions.

Cheap accessory for mine for the princely sum of 50 cents:

IMG-20220501-122747.jpg

Last edited:

passenger

is this thing on?
Oh ok, yes that sounds like the potentiometer inside the psu has some issues, that would annoy me as well. And i think the supplied PSU isn't great at all, it just does the job alright. Especially the sensitivity could be a bit more forgiving. It is dirt cheap china hardware, produced at the cost of cents and it shows.

Abysmal Vapor

Oh ok, yes that sounds like the potentiometer inside the psu has some issues, that would annoy me as well. And i think the supplied PSU isn't great at all, it just does the job alright. Especially the sensitivity could be a bit more forgiving. It is dirt cheap china hardware, produced at the cost of cents and it shows.
Sadly those potentiometer knobs are doomed ,to become like that. Hippie Dickie has mentioned on multiple ocasions that they are not trustworthy compared to buttons for the long run,and he has tried them all.
The option i suggested is so great because you replaceable remote control and also can control it through your PC or Phone .. and has a manual knob..Imo it is best to have options and if one fails you can use the others. It doubles as a smart plug cause you can trigger it remotely ,while getting home from work :), and it will have a nice heat soak by the time you get home.

PossumMD

Sadly those potentiometer knobs are doomed ,to become like that. Hippie Dickie has mentioned on multiple ocasions that they are not trustworthy compared to buttons for the long run,and he has tried them all.
The option i suggested is so great because you replaceable remote control and also can control it through your PC or Phone .. and has a manual knob..Imo it is best to have options and if one fails you can use the others. It doubles as a smart plug cause you can trigger it remotely ,while getting home from work :), and it will have a nice heat soak by the time you get home.
Is there a thread for this stuff? Cos when it comes to electronics, I am very dumb. I can rebuild a motor, done some minor plumbing, but electricity? It scares me. Also, I'm in Australia, that always seems to fuck shit up for me in this regard...

Abysmal Vapor

Is there a thread for this stuff? Cos when it comes to electronics, I am very dumb. I can rebuild a motor, done some minor plumbing, but electricity? It scares me. Also, I'm in Australia, that always seems to fuck shit up for me in this regard...
I cannot recall where it is mentioned that knobs are less reliable than buttons,if i have to guess it is somewhere in the Bud Toaster/Herbal Cube thread.
As for making your own regulated PSU, you dont really need to read much . Just need 5 amps PSU at least 12V and a 2.1 plug with screw termanal.
THere is cable with banana plug and aligator clips in the kit. Remove the clips and connect the cable to the screw terminal.

PossumMD

I cannot recall where it is mentioned that knobs are less reliable than buttons,if i have to guess it is somewhere in the Bud Toaster/Herbal Cube thread.
As for making your own regulated PSU, you dont really need to read much . Just need 5 amps PSU at least 12V and a 2.1 plug with screw termanal.
*Laughs in "not a fucking clue what you just said"* not trying to be flippant, but you might as well be speaking an alien language to me.

Abysmal Vapor

180W-XY3605-36V-Buck-Boost-Converter-WIFI-Digital-Control-5-1A-DC-Adjustable-Regulated-Power-Supply.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

In this kit in one the photos there is cable with clips. You replace the clips with one of those below :).
I am not sure if Vapbong is not 5.5x2.1 in that case use one of these males.
You need a power supply like this one for example 6a .
If you dont want a screw terminal, you can probably find a simila (banana to DC ) cable,a higher awg might be better.

Last edited:

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
@JaaCeeDee and @vapen00b
Thanks. I linked the same one as suggested by Red to fit in his fancy box as I have been reading the relevant threads. It does work with vapbong.

He says it will stop Voltage swings. Can someone confirm this is the case before I invest.
Thanks
Yea I use mine with my vapbong just make sure you get the right power cable or adapter for it

vapirtoo

I dunno folks,
I bought a power supply from Amazon, Shintpwr model snt-0312-60, which
still fluctuates, but only by 1 or 2 points. This power supply also came with about 10
different adapters. It works really well for me even though the dial is very sensitive.
My VapBong works well from 9.6 all the way to 10.6.
" If it ain't broke don't fix it", just sayin

Top Bottom