Collyland Aromatizer (formerly Vapbong by Art of Vapor)

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
Finally fired up Bongo the Vapbong. It was worth the wait.Now I know why the big smile on his face! He knows he is gonna kick your ass!! Man the heat coming off that big heater is impressive. Heat soaked from 11 to 10.4. This was still too much for me. Ended up around 9.7 and could use several draw speeds to good effect.Holy cow this thing makes lotta vapor! Finding the right water level made everything even better.I like that it has “landmarks” inside so I can judge exactly where water level is. Artisan vapes can melt your face. I submit Bongo as proof.
Hope all having a great holiday, Vape on.

Texus

Ok guys, since I haven't shared my obsidian beauty without filters so far, here are some photos, plus a tip for the carb/shotgun/whatever hole while cleaning/using the original vapbong (assuming we all got the same holes, he - he ;) )

I got the idea from a reddit post that said you can plug your pipe holes with ear plugs! instant headbulb lightup!
I got some swimming ear plugs a few years back for protection while swimming in windy conditions, so it was perfect because they were just sitting for few years! I had real problems finding plugs that fit the vapbong holes for some reason...
Anyway, check it!

Beauty. Has me excited about my Obsidian Bandit. For plugging the carb hole, I found that one of the corks that came with the Sticky Bricks worked really well. IIRC, it is the cork used for the little container that comes with the Sticky Brick Maxx.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
whoever bought sailor moon. you got some balls bro.

Ha! It could have been a woman though, who bought it... Nim, it wasn't actually you was it?? I think it takes guts to grab that one, because the write-up sounds like the ball bowl doesn't fit quite properly? All the other b stocks were just superficial glaze imperfections... Also men can like Sailor Moon btw, even with weak balls :whip:

Beauty. Has me excited about my Obsidian Bandit. For plugging the carb hole, I found that one of the corks that came with the Sticky Bricks worked really well. IIRC, it is the cork used for the little container that comes with the Sticky Brick Maxx.

I've never wanted to try using a cork, for fear of it breaking and getting stuck inside... Like a piece inside maybe? I guess it could come out the top though lol I was afraid to use smaller silicone plugs until I realize now that it would not have gotten stuck, maybe that would work better than the large one below...

PXL-20210530-074001214.jpg

PXL-20210530-002402569.jpg

PXL-20210530-002346646.jpg

^I brought my original woodland fantasy standard classic with me to Death Valley using it Saturday with my brother plus partner and they got some nice rips with cheetah piss herbs, took a little while for me to get it dialed in since I was used to my bandits, I think I had the temp a little low and got it to settle at 10.8 which was a pretty solid medium so I think I should have turned it up a bit? Also getting the water level right, without a measuring cup, and the way it chugs, really forgot how different it felt to me! Honestly I'm not sure if I had used it, since I had gotten my original plum jelly bandit last late summer?? Anyway we were also dabbing and had a little edibles so it was not a proper run through I guess lol

@bornfree13 gave me the red silicone plug that fits (he also sent me blue and yellow that are too small, we've had hoped they would have fit my plum jelly bandit, but the hole on that one is way too small for any of the plugs unfortunately) it is tricky though with the seal and it affects the aesthetic appeal, I might have to buy a carbless standard like the cobblestone ones Felix made in this batch, or something at some point!

Oh @Taz German that is a great score! They write a little detail about the cobblestone process on the product page, it takes several coats and kiln firings, to get the cobblestones to do what they do best! The one you got seems like the night sky glaze, with black cobblestone over it... :tup:

NimChimpsky

Ha! It could have been a woman though, who bought it... Nim, it wasn't actually you was it?? I think it takes guts to grab that one, because the write-up sounds like the ball bowl doesn't fit quite properly? All the other b stocks were just superficial glaze imperfections... Also men can like Sailor Moon btw, even with weak balls :whip:
Lol it was indeed (and I'd characterize my balls as pretty average). I had a meeting at 2:05 that afternoon, wasn't planning on getting anything but still wanted to see the drop. Sailor Moon instantly caught my eye :luv: (I like anime and am unburdened by societal expectations of masculinity) and I was like, ok if its still there when I get out of my meeting then it's mine, but hopefully someone will save me from myself.. no one did lol. My gf loved it too so that was the all the approval I needed :lol: she's going to find us a nice display case for what has turned into quite the cumbersome collection :freak:

This piece was by Jenny and it's actually her last one since she is moving :/ yea from my understanding it still seals/functions properly, the ball just catches a little when putting it on/off per the video. If it was my first one I'd have been hesitant but I have others of course if it's less ideal to use.

Also, I've been using my Gollum VB (only one I have with a carb until Sailor) and I've actually grown to like using the carb, pulling that last bit of fresh air through the bong with carb open rather than off the bong - it's nice changing it up!

Love that woodland fantasy, Snacks - that's awesome you took it on the road with you! Can't wait to see all the pics when folks starting receiving there Aromatizers from this drop - Sailor Moon shipped today!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Lol it was indeed (and I'd characterize my balls as pretty average). I had a meeting at 2:05 that afternoon, wasn't planning on getting anything but still wanted to see the drop. Sailor Moon instantly caught my eye :luv: (I like anime and am not burdened by societal expectations of masculinity) and I was like, ok if its still there when I get out of my meeting then it's mine, but hopefully someone will save me from myself.. no one did lol. My gf loved it too so that was the all the approval I needed :lol: she's going to find us a nice display case for what has turned into quite the cumbersome collection :freak:

Haha that is so awesome! Classic, the feeling of waiting for someone else to save you by beating you to buying it, that's what happened to me with the berserkers I guess! Looking forward to seeing the full photo of your collection in a fancy case someday :cool:

This piece was by Jenny and it's actually her last one since she is moving :/ yea from my understanding it still seals/functions properly, the ball just catches a little when putting it on/off per the video. If it was my first one I'd have been hesitant but I have others of course if it's less ideal to use.

Oh even cooler! Is she the one who did that mermaid from the last drop? They had said that was the last piece by the artist, not sure if it was a different artist, don't remember...

Also, I've been using my Gollum VB (only one I have with a carb until Sailor) and I've actually gotten to where I like using the carb, pulling that last bit of fresh air through the bong with carb open rather than off the bong - it's nice changing it up!

Yeah using the standard, experiencing the airflow again, I could see how that could be helpful, especially with others so they can clear it easier? I just don't like the ergonomics trying to cover the hole with one hand hold the ball bowl with the other and inhale at the same time... Too many things at once, and yeah I do not like to leave the ball bowl on I just can't do that ever lol I must clear my hits from the heater! :freak:

Love that woodland fantasy, Snacks - that's awesome you took it on the road with you! Can't wait to see all the pics when folks starting receiving there Aromatizers from this drop - Sailor Moon shipped today!

Thank you, I actually got it originally secondhand, instead of grabbing one from the 2020 420 sale, that had the original one-armed bandit Dalmatian glaze with too short of a mouthpiece though, so yeah that's why when the first plum jelly with the longer mouthpiece was available it was an easier decision knowing how good these are and yeah I do like that form factor the most for me... Also was not a fan of this glaze, one of my least favorites, however it has grown on me and in person it is much nicer and cooler, you can see the unique color, every Woodland fantasy seems to come out differently! The loading dish funnel is cappuccino mint, not having a matching funnel is actually what made this unit a b stock way back when earlier in 2020... Made by Axel, so yeah I think I probably need a Felix piece at some point finally!

I could see selling this one, maybe getting a different standard like I said that's an art style from Felix... Although yeah if I could have, despite the price, I totally would have gotten a cobblestone berserker! I think they had two bowls to increase the value, because the glazed jobs made them very expensive already, and the design looks much more complicated, oh damn I still need to watch that video actually! Since I had just watched the bandit one I felt like I could keep the berserker2.0 as something to look forward to later... Did anyone here score one of those by the way?? Seem Beastly

Last edited:

doctapeppa

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpg

This is how I cork mine. This cork is from an Induction heater someone sold me on Etsy. It was sort of to plug the porthole when not in use. It's just a little glass accent piece attached to a cork. I whittled the cork down a bit with a pocketknife to make it fit snug in the hole. The color sorta somewhat matches the style I think and I quite like it. I do enjoy fingering the hole though...soo I usually just plug it to store/display.

NimChimpsky

Haha that is so awesome! Classic, the feeling of waiting for someone else to save you by beating you to buying it, that's what happened to me with the berserkers I guess! Looking forward to seeing the full photo of your collection in a fancy case someday :cool:
Thanks bro, hopefully sooner rather than later because the vape station has now reached capacity 😅
Is she the one who did that mermaid from the last drop? They had said that was the last piece by the artist, not sure if it was a different artist, don't remember...
Oh yea, not sure either.. I think the person who bought that one is here on FC?

I could see selling this one, maybe getting a different standard like I said that's an art style from Felix... Although yeah if I could have, despite the price, I totally would have gotten a cobblestone berserker!
Yea Felix had some sick pieces up this time, the Mystic Jade and a Viking still available (though I'm not a big fan of the yellow/green one). Yea a Berserker type would be badass since you have a VB and OABs! I'm hoping that Jaxel and Felix will keep throwing in some of these unique forms in future drops!

@doctapeppa love that glass accented plug!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

This is how I cork mine. This cork is from an Induction heater someone sold me on Etsy. It was sort of to plug the porthole when not in use. It's just a little glass accent piece attached to a cork. I whittled the cork down a bit with a pocketknife to make it fit snug in the hole. The color sorta somewhat matches the style I think and I quite like it. I do enjoy fingering the hole though...soo I usually just plug it to store/display.

Very nice! Really matches the way you are Woodland Fantasy came out too, little pops of blue, now you just need a nice matching tool from Rogue Wax Works :tup:

Thanks bro, hopefully sooner rather than later because the vape station has now reached capacity 😅

Oh yea, not sure either.. I think the person who bought that one is here on FC?

I think you definitely already have the largest colly collection here! Portables on point as well of course ;)

And look how gorgeous this is, going to grow great with your collection:
Screenshot-20210528-110956.png

Yeah the one who grabbed the mermaid is here on FC, maybe they mentioned the artist when they posted, I don't feel like searching now though to see who it was lol

Yea Felix had some sick pieces up this time, the Mystic Jade and Viking still available (though I'm not a big fan of the yellow/green one). Yea a Berserker type would be badass since you have a VB and OABs! I'm hoping that Jaxel and Felix will keep throwing in some of these unique forms in future drops!

Oh shit they are still available aren't they! The Mystic Jade, even is a standard without the carb hole, a nice consistent dark green cobblestone, and it looks a little smaller shorter as well?? Certainly could make a solid replacement for my woodland fantasy... Although it is so expensive that makes it easier to resist (over $550 I think shipped to US) but it seems super worth that price based on the quality of work!! Ugh such temptation, but it helps that the color of Cirius was even crazier and gone now (see a little below on left) and yeah that Viking is the most unappealing visually to me lol you got the best one and the sassy orange was also better than the one that's left below...

Screenshot-20210528-111401.png

I'm honestly not sure, they seem similar to a bandit, combined with the berserker I guess, the berserkers I realize do have the carb hole and really are so much money with all the cobblestone, the size, and having two bowls (which honestly doesn't even seem so necessary at all actually lol) Yeah for the best they moved so quickly, however if this one hadn't moved so quick and still been available I think I would have grabbed it:

Screenshot-20210528-111654.png

I really like Oriental Carmel (or Orange as they call it sometimes) and this one also does not have carb hole, made by Felix, and turns the heater sphere into the turtle critter which is just so awesome (even if I do really want one that is an octopus or even shark instead lol) Truly the one that would have been impossible for me to resist I think, would be this one, if it had been available at any point at any price:

Screenshot-20210531-144542.png

We may see it in the store though someday!

NimChimpsky

Oh shit they are still available aren't they! The Mystic Jade, even is a standard without the carb hole, a nice consistent dark green cobblestone, and it looks a little smaller shorter as well?? Certainly could make a solid replacement for my woodland fantasy...
Hahah I was thinking the same thing ;) I'm very partial to that Mystic Jade cobblestone, it's one of my favs yet, especially with that shorter profile (the video Felix put out maybe shows the size perspective a bit better), surprised it's still available (but, yea, the price). And the turtle one is totally sick of course.

That bonkers orange one would indeed be difficult to resist along with this one which is probably the most stunning I've seen so far - I don't recall seeing this glaze on any others?

Shit Snacks

Hahah I was thinking the same thing ;) I'm very partial to that Mystic Jade cobblestone, it's one of my favs yet, especially with that shorter profile (the video Felix put out maybe shows the size perspective a bit better), surprised it's still available (but, yea, the price). And the turtle one is totally sick of course.

That bonkers orange one would indeed be difficult to resist along with this one which is probably the most stunning I've seen so far - I don't recall seeing this glaze on any others?

Haha yes YES!! I think it could be the same mystic jade, although possibly with white cobblestone instead of black (or green if such a thing exists) cobblestone perhaps??

Oh and it looks like there are still firecracker and plum jelly standard classic aromatizers available in stock to ship now btw... All the bandits and other glaze classics are now only available as pre-order for July I believe.

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper

Oh even cooler! Is she the one who did that mermaid from the last drop? They had said that was the last piece by the artist, not sure if it was a different artist, don't remember...

Yeah using the standard, experiencing the airflow again, I could see how that could be helpful, especially with others so they can clear it easier? I just don't like the ergonomics trying to cover the hole with one hand hold the ball bowl with the other and inhale at the same time... Too many things at once, and yeah I do not like to leave the ball bowl on I just can't do that ever lol I must clear my hits from the heater! :freak:

Thank you, I actually got it originally secondhand, instead of grabbing one from the 2020 420 sale, that had the original one-armed bandit Dalmatian glaze with too short of a mouthpiece though, so yeah that's why when the first plum jelly with the longer mouthpiece was available it was an easier decision knowing how good these are and yeah I do like that form factor the most for me... Also was not a fan of this glaze, one of my least favorites, however it has grown on me and in person it is much nicer and cooler, you can see the unique color, every Woodland fantasy seems to come out differently! The loading dish funnel is cappuccino mint, not having a matching funnel is actually what made this unit a b stock way back when earlier in 2020... Made by Axel, so yeah I think I probably need a Felix piece at some point finally!

I could see selling this one, maybe getting a different standard like I said that's an art style from Felix... Although yeah if I could have, despite the price, I totally would have gotten a cobblestone berserker! I think they had two bowls to increase the value, because the glazed jobs made them very expensive already, and the design looks much more complicated, oh damn I still need to watch that video actually! Since I had just watched the bandit one I felt like I could keep the berserker2.0 as something to look forward to later... Did anyone here score one of those by the way?? Seem Beastly
Yup I got the Strawberry Berserker

Shit Snacks

Thanks It was a tough decision. Really liked the peach also but all looked great to me.

I think the peach is white cobblestone over wildfire, I agree it also looked nice, but I think the black cobblestone over wildfire aka magma flow is too much cooler than that one... lemon (white over sassy orange) also kind of looked neat like a real sandstone... But anyway yeah I think you made a pretty great choice with strawberry personally!

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
yeah I thought I was done but before I could check out more popped up.uh oh! I really wanted a Felix piece . I said as much to Mrs. Kudzu407. She did the one eyebrow raise. I took this as full agreement. That’s my story and I’m stickin to it,

Shit Snacks

yeah I thought I was done but before I could check out more popped up.uh oh! I really wanted a Felix piece . I said as much to Mrs. Kudzu407. She did the one eyebrow raise. I took this as full agreement. That’s my story and I’m stickin to it,

Oh btw I think the one you got though, all the berserker2.0, your strawberry one, I think those are made by Jaxel (posted on their Instagram) and I think Felix made the Viking style and carbless standards... We'll see!

Shit Snacks

@Kudzu407 you got a Felix piece in addition to the Berserker?? You already have Bongo and the pistachio mini OAB, right? What an amazing collection!!

Oh shit haha I forgot you got the pistachio MOAB, yeah I love that glaze too! Not sure what the base green glaze is under the cobblestone... Yeah so full Jaxel collection

Kudzu407

Para-Vaper
@Kudzu407 you got a Felix piece in addition to the Berserker?? Just remembering you already have Bongo and the pistachio mini OAB, right? What an amazing collection!!
Yeah it was a suprise to see the Viking . They are all different form factors so should be interesting. Mrs. Kudzu407 will probably hide my computer when the next drop comes.

NimChimpsky

Dude fuckin' righteous!! That Viking you got seems like it will be a nice compliment to the Berserker since it's puck is relatively short compared the Berserker's seemingly super deep pucks!! The puck on my viking seems somewhere in the middle of those two. I bet that Berserker 2.0 will eat whole nugs like a starved animal. You got some killer shit to look forward to, looking forward to some pics and usage reports here myself :D

Top Bottom