Cloud Connoisseur Glass

El Duderino

The Dude abides.
Yeah, finally a Prophet for the Dude! 😍

I’m also highly interested in the Calypso. The description says it’s meant for ball vapes. Since I don’t own a ball vape (yet) - does it make sense to grab a Calypso? At the moment I’m using my glass pieces mainly with the TM2 and the 18mm QC from TRWW. Eyeballing the Omega too though… :cool:

CougheeCakes

I’m also highly interested in the Calypso. The description says it’s meant for ball vapes. Since I don’t own a ball vape (yet) - does it make sense to grab a Calypso? At the moment I’m using my glass pieces mainly with the TM2 and the 18mm QC from TRWW. Eyeballing the Omega too though… :cool:
Yes. Remember, this is pre-order that won't be fulfilled until July/Aug timeframe. By then you'll have a ball vape so order the glass now.

coolbreeze

Should be awesome with the QC, as well!

El Duderino

The Dude abides.

dimmusp

@iDRINKBLEACH What would give the smoothest vapor / least coughing & irritation with a Tinymight 2 or BAKx: the Protégé V2 or the Calypso?

It should be tolerant of not sitting perfectly flat on a table to cycle properly, since we usually handhold it on the couch (Protégé V1 is OK for us in that sense). Flavor is less important to us.

Thanks!

Wozz

Ordered 😁
I went with a dark green Prophet.

Which is the preferred wpa for the TM2?
The 18mm or the 10/14/18 combi adapter?
The 18mm is oos atm, but I'm sure I read that was the preferred fit.

Funds aren't going to stretch to the tinymigh.t bowl.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@iDRINKBLEACH What would give the smoothest vapor / least coughing & irritation with a Tinymight 2 or BAKx: the Protégé V2 or the Calypso?

It should be tolerant of not sitting perfectly flat on a table to cycle properly, since we usually handhold it on the couch (Protégé V1 is OK for us in that sense). Flavor is less important to us.

Thanks!

Yeah given all that you probably want the protege, if you still have and enjoy the V1, it is a smaller version that I think is a bit more streamlined... Calypso could also be the ticket so it might work a bit better keeping more level, that might not be that difficult, better to lean forward maybe? Orientation of the protege could be better for you in that sense... Have you tried any recycler before with anything?? Also have you considered Dante???

Which is the preferred wpa for the TM2?
The 18mm or the 10/14/18 combi adapter?
The 18mm is oos atm, but I'm sure I read that was the preferred fit.

Funds aren't going to stretch to the tinymigh.t bowl.

Yeah I would not bother getting the official TM WPA, I prefer playing open with basket screen and no glass bowl, in addition to no multi adapter taper, the one from Rogue is perfect

dimmusp

Yeah given all that you probably want the protege, if you still have and enjoy the V1, it is a smaller version that I think is a bit more streamlined... Calypso could also be the ticket so it might work a bit better keeping more level, that might not be that difficult, better to lean forward maybe? Orientation of the protege could be better for you in that sense... Have you tried any recycler before with anything?? Also have you considered Dante???
Thanks, I've never tried a recycler because I thought they were mostly for dabbing (which I don't do).

I didn't consider the Dante because @iDRINKBLEACH said it doesn't cool as much as the Protégé, and I prefer throat / lung comfort above flavor:

Protégés for cooling, prophet for flavor being dry, Vertex and Dante sit between those. Influx preserves flavor, not quite as well as prophet or Vertex but provides more smoothness

Shit Snacks

Thanks, I've never tried a recycler because I thought they were mostly for dabbing (which I don't do).

Yeah, typically traditionally, but there are some larger ones for smoking herbs (these have more diffusion so can work well for vaping potentially), and plenty of the dab ones actually work well for vaping herbs too... I have tried a lot, got another one made based on a design that I thought was really good, and that is what helped inspire the influx as well. Remember dabbing is actually like vaping moreso than smoking in general

I didn't consider the Dante because @iDRINKBLEACH said it doesn't cool as much as the Protégé, and I prefer throat / lung comfort above flavor:

Right protege is max smooth cooling straight up, the new mini V2 holds true for that, even though it is smaller with less volume and other differences from the V1...

I suggested Dante if you wanted to get something that might be even more different since you already have the V1? There are a lot of fans of that piece on the discord, yes it can maintain flavor well, I think even the protege can potentially, but the Dante should also be pretty smooth with its slitted shower head, plus extra perc with the discs... Dewar downward downstem also different than the right angle style of the protege, might be better used at an angle perhaps too?

Sorry I did not mean to complicate your choice even further! Calypso is probably a smoother cycling experience compared to Influx that is a bit more flavor oriented though it conditions differently with the vortex feature as well... Vertex with enough water using the whole thing as a perc can be smooth too, but you have less dry volume, and it doesn't have as much of a diffusion perc at all... Calypso has the diffusion along with the recycling that can help smooth out, could be fun for you to try??

Always hard to know for sure what you will like for your specific situation based on reading and videos etc reports from other people... Ideal to try everything lol

dimmusp

Yeah, typically traditionally, but there are some larger ones for smoking herbs (these have more diffusion so can work well for vaping potentially), and plenty of the dab ones actually work well for vaping herbs too... I have tried a lot, got another one made based on a design that I thought was really good, and that is what helped inspire the influx as well. Remember dabbing is actually like vaping moreso than smoking in general

Right protege is max smooth cooling straight up, the new mini V2 holds true for that, even though it is smaller with less volume and other differences from the V1...

I suggested Dante if you wanted to get something that might be even more different since you already have the V1? There are a lot of fans of that piece on the discord, yes it can maintain flavor well, I think even the protege can potentially, but the Dante should also be pretty smooth with its slitted shower head, plus extra perc with the discs... Dewar downward downstem also different than the right angle style of the protege, might be better used at an angle perhaps too?

Sorry I did not mean to complicate your choice even further! Calypso is probably a smoother cycling experience compared to Influx that is a bit more flavor oriented though it conditions differently with the vortex feature as well... Vertex with enough water using the whole thing as a perc can be smooth too, but you have less dry volume, and it doesn't have as much of a diffusion perc at all... Calypso has the diffusion along with the recycling that can help smooth out, could be fun for you to try??

Always hard to know for sure what you will like for your specific situation based on reading and videos etc reports from other people... Ideal to try everything lol
Thank you! I'll probably go with the Protégé V2 and sell my V1, since I like it but it's a but too big and heavy.

Shit Snacks

Thank you! I'll probably go with the Protégé V2 and sell my V1, since I like it but it's a but too big and heavy.

Yeah I did the same thing, swapped out my V1 for a V2, I really like it a lot (more) personally, with the less volume and other benefits (frit barrel inline is great too)

Shit Snacks

Cannot wait to see all these new fully colored pieces around soon!

PSA: @RustyOldNail and anyone else who was waiting for cloud connoisseur rigs to be available in 14 mm, if you look at the pre-order section, you can finally order almost any of the signature pieces with 14 mm fittings now (including prophet)

Bababouy

Do you pay the full amount when you preorder?
Yes normally it takes a few days for the charge to go through but all the money is put on a pending charge. I appreciate the fact the fuming options are built into the pre orders rather than issued at a later date to order separately

The two new mouthpieces for the calypso are also available separately on the pre order page for those who want to try them but don’t want a new piece. The vertical seems very similar to a sky MP. The bent I think is going to be great for those of us with high desks.

FlimsyKnuckle

Yes normally it takes a few days for the charge to go through but all the money is put on a pending charge. I appreciate the fact the fuming options are built into the pre orders rather than issued at a later date to order separately

The two new mouthpieces for the calypso are also available separately on the pre order page for those who want to try them but don’t want a new piece. The vertical seems very similar to a sky MP. The bent I think is going to be great for those of us with high desks.
I picked up one of each. I doubt I will favor the bent neck but better safe than sorry.

Shit Snacks

Do you pay the full amount when you preorder?

These are all being made to order, so yes full amount from these orders is then being used to place order with the manufacturer

I picked up one of each. I doubt I will favor the bent neck but better safe than sorry.

Yeah I think it is great to try them all, I have 45° angle adapter and other mouthpieces I use too, but I am excited to try these... I am very excited for that bent, slant neck, not 100% sure about the mouthpiece tip though I think it will work, that shape and style of mouthpiece neck is really nice for the rigs I own that have it, though most of them have smaller kisser mouthpiece tips, I think this will be a bit better, more airflow, good length and angle for my coughee table as well

Top Bottom