Cheap High Quality Bubbler

olysh pops

Received these ash catchers, a little disappointed by the lack of 90° angle or verticality of a tube, but that's more an aesthetic issue.

I chose the blue one with 4 tubes to try a full Terpcicle session with the Prophet, it works (pictures doesn't show it).

14mm
Glassify-Ashcatcher-14mm-90°-1.jpg

Glassify-Ashcatcher-14mm-90°-4.jpg

18mm
Pyrex-Mini-Glass-Ash-Catcher-18mm-90°-Degree-Joint-1.jpg

Pyrex-Mini-Glass-Ash-Catcher-18mm-90°-Degree-Joint-3.jpg

TedJones

Added this cheap, not so high quality to collection. Little bit shorter than FC and maybe a bit smaller in diameter. Glass is thin, definitely don’t wanna bump it into anything. The mouthpiece is a bit askew and has a very tiny flare (no biggie here). Perc doesn’t sit exactly centered. Takes some turns and wiggle to get it pretty close, and stays in place tight, so far. Think mouthpiece could be mounted higher as a little water collects at bottom.

Function wise, I like it! Good restriction, good flavor, and adequate cooling for my taste :p
DH link

delta hotel

Can’t believe I slept on a Saki bottle for so long. Finally added this baio t saki with opal bought from GG with free shipping last week. Don’t see myself using with injectors, but for intended purposes (Anvil) it really pairs well.
I got one awhile back and have been using the Anvil WPA on it since, and it's been a great combo together. I have the same one with the opal bead and I love it.

howie105

Hello placetime. You might look into laboratory glass, for example a 50 ml two neck round bottom flask one can spend around $40.00 US for a boutique glass piece, about half that for a US lab glass piece of similar quality, or $10.00 for a China piece. None of the options come with down or draw stems, except the $40.00 one with a fixed down tube & diffuser. If you chose to use silicone tubing in place of the glass tubing, things get even cheaper and more transportable.

howie105,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are folk buying this with or without the ash catcher?,im looking for a new bong for my taroma 2.0 ,im currently using a straight fab clone from dh gate.

That's your call, I don't think it's necessary at all, great without as I intended it, also their new straight fab is pretty great (not sure which one you have but it is much better than the Gili imo and maybe others too)

olysh pops

Has anyone tried FC mod with the ashcatcher as a dry rig ?
Edit : The Prophet introduced me to this type of cooling, the ultimate J-Hook. My question is, does CC or any other manufacturer offer a rig other than the Prophet that could be used dry ?

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

If I were combusting I may have included it, but I didn't think it necessary or even useful with vaping.

The purpose is actually just to be an ash catch, yeah of course combustion, although don't need much perc then... This piece is still designed for vaping, combination of the GooRoo 3piece and previous FC mod, which was based off the vapexhale devastator designed for vaping too... The idea there was to use a hydro tube as a mouthpiece as well, so you would have triple filtration chambers, like what I have now with my hydro base and tube, and there are other fixed multi-perc multi chamber rigs of course mostly designed for combustion but many designed for dabs and still effective for vaping (most often I would not like to use this way but I know there are people that do is all I'm trying to convey!)

Thanks for your advice shitsnacks ,i got the green straight fab maybe one of those thinner models that were rejected by canibus hardware and to be fair ive loved it .

Oh nice! yeah that one does seem more unique and effective! Curious about function with the honeycomb fountain perc, though I'm not a fan of the color and mouthpiece, also probably have too many fabs in my collection as it is lol

It would not make so much sense, it would work fine, if you want something to fill, but it's not really going to offer any extra cooling with those perc and cans, even with the AC, it's just another plain empty chamber, the more volume try the more work it is for you to fill and clear of course too...

Edit : My question is, does CC or any other manufacturer offer a rig other than the Prophet that could be used dry ?

You can use anything dry, most are not intended that way, but they can work very well... Prophet was innovative because it is a specific vapor dry rig, but it incorporates aspects learned from others (like the triple right angles, cooling spikes) which are also in the wet rigs (swiss holes and fabs) making them effective dry coolers as well... So in my experience straight fab can work well dry, I have another right angle swiss rig that is amazing dry, but no longer available exactly (someone else makes a version of it though you would have to inquire since there is no listing)

Edit 2 : The Prophet introduced me to this type of cooling, the ultimate J-Hook. Are there any other dry rigs designed for this or diverted from their original water use ?
:freak:

Yeah it is the w hook! There are other jayhook designs, and you can build your own piece drop downs (these add extra cooling with right angle turns too) or other such attachments and adapters... Sneaky Pete sells some design for vapor dry cooling and particle catching now, but yeah once you understand the way these things work, you can look for those elements in other basic water pieces to use dry

coolbreeze

Edit : My question is, does CC or any other manufacturer offer a rig other than the Prophet that could be used dry ?
I think that's mostly covered by the various j-hooks. OGB has this standing one that looks great. I have thought about having one made with a carb and maybe a joint for the MP. Otherwise any rig can be used dry, and I think something like a straight fab would probably cool well.

Edit: @olysh , Kalu, who makes the Infinity bong topper vape also makes an amazing j-hook!
369534053_303749022246608_1814234935424402369_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Water level could probably be a little higher for more recycling? Thanks for sharing!
Sure thing!

Yeah, but really any more and the intake joint starts to get wet... I think it has more to do with me not pulling hard enough, as it actually holds a surprising amount of water with the hollow foot and all... and maybe hitting at a little higher temp, as well...? Who knows, maybe I'll attempt it again someday when I get everything ironed out:science::smug:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Sure thing!

Yeah, but really any more and the intake joint starts to get wet... I think it has more to do with me not pulling hard enough, as it actually holds a surprising amount of water with the hollow foot and all... and maybe hitting at a little higher temp, as well...? Who knows, maybe I'll attempt it again someday when I get everything ironed out:science::smug:

Oh, yeah, recycler typically requires stronger steady ripping, and higher temp at least with herbs... I don't use an enail setup like you so it's a different experience for me anyway

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Oh, yeah, recycler typically requires stronger steady ripping

Indeed, didn’t know this long ago, and thus mine is no longer used. It was a $100 lesson, but sometimes you have to test drive the car yourself…. Listen to our “Snacks”, he has tried em all….
If young or just have great lung power, probably no issues.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Ok, so how about a shorty function vid for now since I failed miserably at a usage one...? Best I can offer til I feel like getting better at it.. I mean, I've dabbed with it a bunch and am very happy with the performance, I just seem to constantly choke when trying to record:
Note: I'm using the matching fumed spinner cap that came with my Biao.t/Greek Glass Saki Bottle and a 6mm SiC pearl... just to be extra annoying...:haw::razz::leaf:

Edit: Maybe I'll just try it with some flower, a DV tip w/glass adapter and one of my induction heaters next time before attempting another dab...:hmm::nod::tup:

Edit 2: and yes, it easily rocks a lil forward when hitting using as a desktop with a coil cuz of the somewhat rounded base, so you gotta keep a finger on it... remember it's just a little baby and is probably meant to be used as a handheld when hitting (with a torch and banger)

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Anything like this
I also got my new SAML glass(side slit 18mm), seems like great value, thanks @Shit Snacks

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Goo Roo Glass 3-Piece Bubbler (w/mega "party" whip) being put to task with the boys tonight... this Gypsie Road live rosin is quite garlicky and sweet (unlike the link, at least we think), Lovin it!

Edit: having everything on a tray (on a dab mat) is cool cuz you can easily slide it outta the way or spin all the shit around contained as one (if necessary, tho the whip pivots on the joint, too, of course)....:tup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom