• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

coolbreeze

I'm a little curious about that too...
Dimensions suggest it's an inch or two shorter with a can 15mm smaller in diameter. At the time I choose it because the HD is too tall to fit into my storage. In any case, no regrets--it's probably my most useful piece. I think maybe I thought the Inline was bigger than it looks there ( I pictured it being around the size of my TAG 9" donut, which is obviously larger at 75mm).

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
OK, so here is the TAG next to the HD3 and the Large Inline. The TAG is HUGE at 75mm and believe it or not has even thicker glass than the GooRoo stuff. It is the same height as the inline. Look how thick the base it. I love this piece as well, but it is just too heavy for hand holding. It would be great for a whip because of it's mass, the hose would never move it. And of course I always love a mouthpiece joint so I can use any kind of mouthpiece I want.
Inlineand-Tag.jpg

HD-and-Tag.jpg

Wowee! Never seen them side by side before. I don't know if I thought the HD was smaller than it is or the inline bigger. Now I wonder how the std 3-pc would compare.
I'm pretty sure the Standard 3 Piece has a 50mm can as opposed to the 65mm can of the Large Inline and the HD3, and the 75mm of the Tag 9" Donut.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

OK, so here is the TAG next to the HD3 and the Large Inline. The TAG is HUGE at 75mm and believe it or not has even thicker glass than the GooRoo stuff. It is the same height as the inline. Look how thick the base it. I love this piece as well, but it is just too heavy for hand holding. It would be great for a whip because of it's mass, the hose would never move it. And of course I always love a mouthpiece joint so I can use any kind of mouthpiece I want.
Inlineand-Tag.jpg

HD-and-Tag.jpg

I'm pretty sure the Standard 3 Piece has a 50mm can as opposed to the 65mm can of the Large Inline and the HD3, and the 75mm of the Tag 9" Donut.

Ok, so the TAG 9-Lg Inline comparison is not terribly different than I imagined, it's the HD that's huger! Here's the TAG 9 next to the standard 3 piece and a TAG hammerhead rig. Unfortunately I think my lens sorta emphasizes the differences in height:
IMG-0601.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Damn those TAGs have such thick bases. I'm sure it helps keep them upright. Are the TAGs all made in the USA? If so the Goo Roos and the TAG are my only US pieces, and coincidentally they happen to be my favorites. Tho I do love a couple of my DHGate pieces particularly from Yingmin5 and Steven...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Damn those TAGs have such thick bases. I'm sure it helps keep them upright. Are the TAGs all made in the USA? If so the Goo Roos and the TAG are my only US pieces, and coincidentally they happen to be my favorites. Tho I do love a couple of my DHGate pieces particularly from Yingmin5 and Steven...

No dude, TAG outsources from China, you can find some of their stuff on DHgate, but not most of it...

Also I don't really like calling it a tag nine, because that just refers to the height, which is kind of weird way to think of that piece because it has a modular mouthpiece so it's going to be taller, also it's not at all descriptive of what the piece is...

I call it the modular super slit donut (that is what they call the perc)

Anyway yeah it goes so great with that Goo small three-piece, they are the perfect short and fat, tall and skinny, right angle fountain perk, top down stem hole perc, complimentary combo!

I'm not really interested in the HD3, tough for me to clear a piece if it is too big, the TAG is on the line sometimes, though usually manageable for me :tup:

Goo large inline is solid, they are just not all the same, like mine is quite different in the mouthpiece and the perc, but function is still very solid, I have my roommate using it with his nano and my fierce, for me it is really just a piece for guests and not something I want to use myself compared to what else I have to choose from!

coolbreeze

I call it the modular super slit donut (that is what they call the perc)
This makes more sense. I hope they'll put it back into production, it's a great vape waterpiece. I hope others will get to experience it.

Anyway yeah it goes so great with that Goo small three-piece, they are the perfect short and fat, tall and skinny, right angle fountain perk, top down stem hole perc, complimentary combo!
The hardest part is deciding!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I'm not really interested in the HD3, tough for me to clear a piece if it is too big, the TAG is on the line sometimes, though usually manageable for me :tup:
I would expect the interior volume of the 9" Donut and the HD3 to be very similar so clearing them would be similar depending on the MP one is using. The mouthpieces I use are pretty thick (mostly 16mm OD and 12mm ID) so I have no issues clearing any of these 3 pieces. YMMV.

I have always wondered where the TAG stuff came from, but their prices are relatively low for US vendors, but high for China.

Shit Snacks

I would expect the interior volume of the 9" Donut and the HD3 to be very similar so clearing them would be similar depending on the MP one is using. The mouthpieces I use are pretty thick (mostly 16mm OD and 12mm ID) so I have no issues clearing any of these 3 pieces. YMMV.

I don't think clearing is similar, because of the form factor difference, perc orientation... Good point about the mp, I have Goo and Phineas ones I use with my TAG through 45° angle adapters, diameter is different but so is length and other aspects...

A piece that is particularly difficult to clear, is the large bent neck gridded inline from Biao that is 14inch tall with a very wide can, like a large bong, so I think most of these rig designed pieces even though they are large are easier to clear by default comparatively.

I have always wondered where the TAG stuff came from, but their prices are relatively low for US vendors, but high for China.

Yeah, they are expensive on DHgate, the ones that have been found, but still cheaper than TAG prices, for the most part it's hard to find the exact same piece... Yingmin5 Lumin88 actually have quite a few similar pieces, and yes very thick glass, same styles, with slate variations, makes me think Genesis Glass could have an exclusive line with TAG, or it is another glass manufacturer (or multiple) it is similar to GRAV in that they have some exclusive China suppliers with exclusive pieces they are not allowed to sell to anyone else, they curate the designs and quality control for you, and mark up price!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The fact that TAG is now offering customs was part of the reason I thought they might be US made. It might be interesting to see how long it takes to get a custom order from them. My TAG piece came quickly and was shipped from in the US, but that doesn't mean they aren't just warehoused here.
I don't think clearing is similar, because of the form factor difference, perc orientation...
In my own experience they are similar, but like I said YMMV.

Shit Snacks

The fact that TAG is now offering customs was part of the reason I thought they might be US made. It might be interesting to see how long it takes to get a custom order from them. My TAG piece came quickly and was shipped from in the US, but that doesn't mean they aren't just warehoused here.

Oh, I did not know they had an option for custom orders, I wonder what that is like, how custom they can go... Probably pretty expensive, might take a while too? And yes they are shipped from the US, just like GRAV, CaliBear, and Greek Glass, but all reselling Chinese glass (do they claim otherwise?) Suppose it's possible TAG have another resource, within Colorado (bc its CO), to produce glass in the same style as well...

Shit Snacks

Screenshot-2022-05-17-142147.jpg

They are saying 3 to 4 months...

Oh okay, so this is just the option, to order anything, even when it's out of stock, and to customize it slightly (like the logo or colors used) though I wonder if they would do a full custom job this way too? Nice they offer!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

LesPlenty

Company Rep
with exclusive pieces they are not allowed to sell to anyone else
Unless you ask them nicely and say you can't get them as you are not in the US. (How I got my Kromedome)
They are saying 3 to 4 months...
Their custom glass sounds more like they will just order a single unit of an unpopular model they no longer stock...it always costs more for singles out of the Gate. :2c:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Got my Seed Of Life Incycler from yingmin5 and did quite a lot of experimenting with water levels while dabbing and could not make a video by about take 8:smug:
So I did a quick guess later using my Roffu,
My example has a slightly wobbly joint...not enough to leak air (or actually ask for a discount over) but enough to notice it at the end of a drop-down, enough to piss off the OCD crowd for sure as it annoys me!
Yinmin apologized and said they would look into the problem and will look after me next order.

Shit Snacks

Thanks @LesPlenty! seeing the performance I am very glad I did not get one of these, seems to me like it only uses the top holes of the perc, while the holes in the funnel are way too high...? I'm really happy with the torus incycler I got from cannabis clouds, it has a similar SOL style to the perc though it is just three sets of four holes in a diamond pattern, I think all of the holes get used a bit more... though it does mean a bit more restriction in the pull through the piece than this one, I think it is compensated by the larger holes in the funnel and a much larger wider mouthpiece too... Mine was only $46 shipped within the US, arrived in a few days, I think can get this Lumin one for a similar price with coupons maybe on sale, though the shipping will of course take longer lol

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Had a similar experience with my Klein Recycler with SOL perc. Had to suck so hard to get the water high enough to get into the upper section. Rig was very nice glass, but unfortunately I shelved it, as I would never have enough lung power to get the recycling action I saw in videos. That’s why LesPlenty’s video is good, as it shows the action with a device IN USE! A lot if not all sellers videos online, show water action with NOTHING on the rig/joint, thus NO RESTRICTION, and obviously not real world use. I’m not even sold on moving all that water and it’s overall benefits. For me, I’d never buy another in that style.

Shit Snacks

Had a similar experience with my Klein Recycler with SOL perc. Had to suck so hard to get the water high enough to get into the upper section. Rig was very nice glass, but unfortunately I shelved it, as I would never have enough lung power to get the recycling action I saw in videos. That’s why LesPlenty’s video is good, as it shows the action with a device IN USE! A lot if not all sellers videos online, show water action with NOTHING on the rig/joint, thus NO RESTRICTION, and obviously not real world use. I’m not even sold on moving all that water and it’s overall benefits. For me, I’d never buy another in that style.

You are so right, Les is the man, being able to see them function with vapes, and also dabs, helps much more than seeing it function empty haha even with torch banger it's hard to get the airflow as open as when it is empty... However it depends on the piece, water level stuff, because the idea with dabs, is you have more water, so that there is less volume that the vapor is actually filling, to maintain taste and keep it cool, I read something about that specifically with recyclers so it is changing the way I think about loading too much water, because I am someone who likes to load less water in most of my pieces, but now I kind of like to mix it up, depending on what I am using etc.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I hate incyclers... never found one that functioned with any resistance, they only cycle when clearing.

That was the impression I got from the majority of the vape community all over the intertubes, that klein recyclers didn't function well with vaporizers because the function wasn't there with the resistance/slower inhale of a vape. That's why I never bought one.

Ramahs,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
That was the impression I got from the majority of the vape community all over the intertubes, that klein recyclers didn't function well with vaporizers because the function wasn't there with the resistance/slower inhale of a vape. That's why I never bought one.

Yup… before I bought the rig…. I bought the HYPE!

Top Bottom