Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Texus

What are folks' experiences with fritted discs? Any uses they are particularly good or bad for? How do they affect airflow compared to more common designs like SOL, inline, honeycomb etc?

Crust

Yeah I try to warn folks how small that one is since gooroo still won't unfuck their site pics or descriptions. The large inline works great with the TM, Anvil, and Atlas. It has a proper sized can and holds water without any accidental drinking when in use. If the small inline doesn't impress you I'd send them an email about getting a large one instead
PXL-20220504-184209307-2.jpg
i must not be much of a chugger cuz the small is working out great for me. I had them set the perc to face downward and with an inch of water above and a modest chug I’ve had no vile mouthfuls.

I’m pretty impressed tbh. Some photos made it seem a bit too cottage industry but this one is well made.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
i must not be much of a chugger cuz the small is working out great for me. I had them set the perc to face downward and with an inch of water above and a modest chug I’ve had no vile mouthfuls.

I’m pretty impressed tbh. Some photos made it seem a bit too cottage industry but this one is well made.
That's good news. Yeah I got my large inline with the holes down. I can imagine how that would improve the small one :tup:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
What are folks' experiences with fritted discs? Any uses they are particularly good or bad for? How do they affect airflow compared to more common designs like SOL, inline, honeycomb etc?

@LesPlenty took the leap on one from Yingmin5 Lumin88 and posted a video if you search for posts from them? Seems like it is much closer to a honeycomb, it wouldn't be like inline or fountain style perc at all I wouldn't think... a honeycomb could be like those if it is in a fountain set up like I have seen, but if it is just a natural disk perk like the above, I think it is quite different with more of a chug to get going, though a smooth pull with more diffusion once going, potentially less bubble stack too, and a slow draw may be required to make use of the full perc? Remembering what it was like when I had a natural ratchet perc and reverse honeycomb ashcatcher, along with my past research... Was curious to try fritted disk but then kind of got scared about potential dust for some reason unnecessarily and now think it doesn't line up with my style of vaping?

Nice! Yeah that's what I would do if I was going to get one, although AJS got his with holes facing up like they normally do and has no issue, I think with that setup you are required to do more of a slow sip controlled possibly, with them facing down I think you have more freedom even if you do rip it harder?

Crust

@LesPlenty took the leap on one from Yingmin5 Lumin88 and posted a video if you search for posts from them? Seems like it is much closer to a honeycomb, it wouldn't be like inline or fountain style perc at all I wouldn't think... a honeycomb could be like those if it is in a fountain set up like I have seen, but if it is just a natural disk perk like the above, I think it is quite different with more of a chug to get going, though a smooth pull with more diffusion once going, potentially less bubble stack too, and a slow draw may be required to make use of the full perc? Remembering what it was like when I had a natural ratchet perc and reverse honeycomb ashcatcher, along with my past research... Was curious to try fritted disk but then kind of got scared about potential dust for some reason unnecessarily and now think it doesn't line up with my style of vaping?

Nice! Yeah that's what I would do if I was going to get one, although AJS got his with holes facing up like they normally do and has no issue, I think with that setup you are required to do more of a slow sip controlled possibly, with them facing down I think you have more freedom even if you do rip it harder?
With an anvil or vapman (attached via trww adapter) there’s sufficient restriction to get a decent perc but I do think this is a piece that best accommodates a nonchalant user.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
if you want a piece to hold in your hand.
My fav for reclining...just be careful not to take a swig out of it like as it is like holding a stubbie of beer,
experiences with fritted discs?
I got this and would not recommend it for herb or dabs as there are many better (it also has a turbine disc that adds even more restriction)...maybe an old fashioned cone...but I don't do that and I am sure it would be a beast to try and clean,

I probably should have tried this version (no added turbine disc),

Md_Hybrid

Stuck under a 🪵
Hi all 👋,
I just picked up a E-Nano XL and am looking to get a cheap glass piece to use with it for now. After looking around I found these two pieces on ebay:

which look like DHgate China glass that is already in the U.S. for a few more $$$ - any thoughts on these???

Last edited:
Md_Hybrid,

Shit Snacks

Hi all 👋,
I just picked up a E-Nano XL and am looking to get a cheap glass piece to use with it for now. After looking around I found these two pieces on ebay:

which look like DHgate China glass that is already in the U.S. for a few more $$$ - any thoughts on these???

Yeah, there are a lot of DHgate resellers on eBay, if you see my post recently above or on the previous page. Those two rigs look like solid form factors, but we were just discussing frit percs and I'm not sure if it's what you want for your nano... Similarly I have used a natural perc ratchet disk like the other one you posted as I also mentioned when discussing the frit disk, with my OG underdog log and LSV, it is fine but not ideal, I don't think it is the best option for your nano either... I would look for a shower head, fountain, or inline perc, skim backwards to see some other ones I posted recently, there are a ton of options on eBay and I went through pretty much all of them this week!

Separately, check out this unique new cheap bong at Curated Flame that they posted on their Instagram, message or call or email them to order and have it shipped (the shipping is insanely fast cross country) they have a lot of other great stuff in stock!
Screenshot-20220505-123136.png

3xFantasyChamp

Vgoodiez out here answering my question about their GR glass stock mad quick. GR ghostin' my email 👻 lol. I'm sure they're busy.

Looks like the GR large inline should be in stock at vgoodiez next week sometime. That will be my chance to strike, heheh. Figured I'd let you peepz know in case anyone else is looking for it.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I just realized that asking Goo Roo for a bucket instead of a bowl led them to send me NOTHING with my Large Inline. :|
----------------
No, I take that back. My mistake. I went back to the box and went through it more carefully and they DID include an angled bucket. Shame on me for missing it. The box was full of peanuts rather than bubble wrap and I had just missed the bucket.
Bucket.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

I just realized that asking Goo Roo for a bucket instead of a bowl led them to send me NOTHING with my Large Inline. I suppose it doesn't matter much but it wasn't very nice. I could at least have given the bowl to someone... :|

You could try asking them, they might expect you to pay for the bucket, but they might send you a bowl for free still... When I got my 10 mm thermal banger bucket and I told them it was defective I only had to follow up once then they did send out the replacement without issue (though not immediately)

Shit Snacks

No, I fucked up. It WAS in the box, I just missed it. I fixed the post after you replied to it. Goo Roo actually did me a solid and charged me no extra, so I apologize to Goo Roo again. :doh:

Oh! Haha classic, that is awesome that they hooked you up and gave you the quartz banger bucket instead of the bowl! I guess now you will have to try dabbing, huh?..

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: LesPlenty

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I started playing with cold dabbing in October of last year, and I am doing a dab or 2 maybe a couple times a week. I'm not gonna get serious about it, but it is a nice way to switch things up. I think you may have recommended the kinda cheap torch I am using, but I wouldn't expect you to remember... :p

Shit Snacks

Yeah, I started playing with cold dabbing in October of last year, and I am doing a dab or 2 maybe a couple times a week. I'm not gonna get serious about it, but it is a nice way to switch things up. I think you may have recommended the kinda cheap torch I am using, but I wouldn't expect you to remember... :p

Haha if it is the blusky from amazon then yeah it was probably me! I don't really fuck with cold start dabbing unless I have to like with Sai and Qomo, hot start dabbing is just so much simpler for me with tiny dabs, not the most efficient use of butane, but I do like fully cleaning the banger each time as I heat it up this way... Anyway I guess we should move this conversation to the beginners dabbing thread lol Glad you're enjoying!

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey guys ! I want to give you heads up on a sale on blackleaf.eu / blackleaf.de which ends Sunday. They have 25% off their entire bong section,which includes glass adapters ,Ispire wand for 120 etc.
https://blackleaf.eu/bongs/ It is automaticly deducted when you add to cart.
This one looks cool :
https://blackleaf.eu/black-leaf-cactus-pipe-green-with-crown LOL

Last edited:

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Not quite below the usd120 inflation modified suggested price limit but not far off. And perhaps should live in a different thread but this is the most active (albeit mostly generated by our current glass aficionado) so I thought it would get more viewings here so here it is, my favourite glass pieces.

History. I've lived without glass for decades, as I combusted, then a mighty and DV which for me didn't need any glassware.

I then started dabbing so needed my first rig, a cheap dhg special. I then bought a vrod so my needs for decent glass grew.

I started with some more dhg numbers, some as per suggested here. But I soon realised that my priorities were : good flavour, modular and easy to clean.

A while back someone posted an ehle piece, the og akw. Looked good.
So I bought the akw V2 in last year's 420 for 100 euros (body only) and a downstem (open) and mouthpiece.

I liked it a lot but it was very chuggy so I bought some (much cheaper) stems from China with holes (5 for 20 euros). Much better for me.

Fast forward a year and I also have their power tower and a small collection of downstems and mouthpieces.

I've been very happy with both and would recommend (my power tower had an uneven base which resulted in a discount. On a moodmat it is perfectly stable and not noticeable. But buyer beware. On a hard flat surface the wobble would be unacceptable).

For the best value buy the bodies only and pick up downstems and mouthpieces for a lot less money elsewhere. A black leaf downstem can be had for a few euros compared to 30 for ehle.

I love how they look, function and how I can change things around easily. And the cleaning is a joy. For the moment my gas has been quenched.

Anyway, some pictures.

Akw V2:
IMG-20220507-120442.jpg

Power tower
IMG-20220507-120514.jpg

Akw downstems
IMG-20220507-120709.jpg

Power tower downstems
IMG-20220507-120826.jpg

Mouthpieces:
IMG-20220507-120951.jpg

Other useful pieces of glass (helps minimise herb ingress). I usually have a couple of dropdowns but I've broken them!:
IMG-20220507-121027.jpg

Akw looking serious:
IMG-20220507-121443.jpg

Power tower ready for action:
IMG-20220507-121643.jpg

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Nice! This is only a bit on the line for cheap china glass, but BiaoT has a new RBR 3.0 available here with function video on Instagram here, also seems like there is a blue one which will be especially tempting for me lol Seems like it has more proper RBR features, slightly larger can sections and bent mouthpiece, circ perc instead of matrix, with an additional circ perc around the neck, klein funnel shaped more like the 2.0 though larger... There is also an ash catcher version of the RBR 2.0 design here (reminder there is $5 off coupons in DHgate app too) so you could attach your own mouthpiece like a spiky right angle hook, just saying :brow:
Screenshot-20220507-140449.png

Texus

Not quite below the usd120 inflation modified suggested price limit but not far off. And perhaps should live in a different thread but this is the most active (albeit mostly generated by our current glass aficionado) so I thought it would get more viewings here so here it is, my favourite glass pieces.

History. I've lived without glass for decades, as I combusted, then a mighty and DV which for me didn't need any glassware.

I then started dabbing so needed my first rig, a cheap dhg special. I then bought a vrod so my needs for decent glass grew.

I started with some more dhg numbers, some as per suggested here. But I soon realised that my priorities were : good flavour, modular and easy to clean.

A while back someone posted an ehle piece, the og akw. Looked good.
So I bought the akw V2 in last year's 420 for 100 euros (body only) and a downstem (open) and mouthpiece.

I liked it a lot but it was very chuggy so I bought some (much cheaper) stems from China with holes (5 for 20 euros). Much better for me.

Fast forward a year and I also have their power tower and a small collection of downstems and mouthpieces.

I've been very happy with both and would recommend (my power tower had an uneven base which resulted in a discount. On a moodmat it is perfectly stable and not noticeable. But buyer beware. On a hard flat surface the wobble would be unacceptable).

For the best value buy the bodies only and pick up downstems and mouthpieces for a lot less money elsewhere. A black leaf downstem can be had for a few euros compared to 30 for ehle.

I love how they look, function and how I can change things around easily. And the cleaning is a joy. For the moment my gas has been quenched.

Anyway, some pictures.

Akw V2:
IMG-20220507-120442.jpg

Power tower
IMG-20220507-120514.jpg

Akw downstems
IMG-20220507-120709.jpg

Power tower downstems
IMG-20220507-120826.jpg

Mouthpieces:
IMG-20220507-120951.jpg

Other useful pieces of glass (helps minimise herb ingress). I usually have a couple of dropdowns but I've broken them!:
IMG-20220507-121027.jpg

Akw looking serious:
IMG-20220507-121443.jpg

Power tower ready for action:
IMG-20220507-121643.jpg
Thanks for the great Downstem recs. Now that I have 3 piece HD Bubbler from GooRoo I see myself buying more different downstems than full pieces..

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Thanks for the great Downstem recs. Now that I have 3 piece HD Bubbler from GooRoo I see myself buying more different downstems than full pieces..
I gotta say I really love the 9 hole diffused downstem the HD3 comes with. It is smooth as butter. I broke mine and went back to them to replace it cause I like it so much. That being said, I also like the idea of switching things up with another one of different style, and I'm sure I will get one some time if I run into one. Finding a 10" downstem in the wild, however, may be a big ask.
I do have 3 different mouthpieces I use with it depending on how close to it a want to get. I do love modular.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I do love modular.
I love how I can just pull apart my modular rig and clean it in the dishwasher, can't get much easier than that for cleaning glass,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I love how I can just pull apart my modular rig and clean it in the dishwasher, can't get much easier than that for cleaning glass,

I’m the DISHWASHER ….. here…. no room for one of those fancy machines. :)

RustyOldNail,
  • Sad
Reactions: LesPlenty

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
That is actually one of the pieces on my wanna get someday list. I also have a D022 with the removable downstem (only 6.5" so can't swap with HD3) an FC-UFO with swapable mouthpiece and the TAG 9" Donut with a swapable mouthpiece. I don't use the dishwasher to clean them but for the most part as a CE user they are pretty much a piece of cake to keep clean.

Shit Snacks

I can also confirm that is a good seller, that is where I got my Swiss holed male rig with the right angles, which they do not sell anymore, but they are pretty quick to ship, listen to requests in the notes, and have good quality thick glass... Glass99 also sell this piece, they even have it with some blue accent color, they are also a good and responsive seller with decent shipping time, however their glass could be a bit thinner potentially? I guess you never know with any seller piece to piece though... Also I will say again that I have mine with just the base can, and circ perc, no matrix or ash catch, from Steven popular glass, it is only okay honestly, pretty small, eh far from favorite!

Shit Snacks

Well sorry to double post, but the hemper sea turtle bong rig showed up yesterday, very quick shipping and they did not include the combustion bowl as I had requested...
PXL-20220509-221114733.jpg

It is quite nice, solid mouthpiece for me, overall small piece, though it holds a decent amount of water potentially (area between the foot and orb is hollow btw for extra volume beneath the perk, which actually has five holes below the turtle) or very little if you want... I will say that the glass is quite thin, so even at the discount I got, probably pretty overpriced though it is a pretty unique design I haven't seen elsewhere exactly?

FW7 was solid with it though I went hard so got harsh. Tetra, TM, and GH worked pretty well too, but it seems perfect for the xmax v3pro honestly giving me great performance!
PXL-20220509-234156682.jpg

(mouthpiece not flared or too narrow)
PXL-20220510-200821358.jpg

So I am happy with it despite the price :cool:

Top Bottom