• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I have been looking at this one lately;
https://www.dhgate.com/product/leis...e-bong-5-pillars/399210853.html#mfavit-1-null
Only reason I have not purchased is maintenance, it looks like a pain to clean but it purrs so nice with the cone in for resistance.
I have also ordered this;
sheldon-black-glass-bong-six-shooter-bubbler-smoking-water-pipe-with-removable-mouth-piece-bent-neck-arm-tree-downstem.jpg

Nice and easy to clean and mix and match with my other glass, no link as it is a knock off,but there are clues in the pic if you want to go searching. Just after I ordered this one I spotted the following;
15-inch-glass-bubbler-bongs-6-tree-arm-perc-glass-smoking-water-pipe-percolator-hookah-shisha-heady-glass-bong-pipe-divided-style-hot-sale.jpg

Same thing but looks nicer, if I like the one above I will get it too.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It needs a pretty good draw rate
Cool, no worries on that point yet, I was looking for a piece to go with an Auber PID controller, flat coil and sic Halo dish I am looking at getting to try dabbing.
What is every ones favorite dab bong, any links/suggestions are welcome.

Edit, To ask every one.:tup:

Last edited:

canj00digit?

All my days in a daze...
What is your favorite dab bong, any links/suggestions are welcome.

I know you didn't ask me, but I feel chatty so I thought I'd answer.

I've been purchasing from DHGate since the start of this thread basically and even was reselling pieces locally for a bit so I've had my hands on many different pieces.

Still my favorite dab rig ever is the FC-710 Bates&Worm Diffusion Pump knock off... it's often recommended here and for good reason... just brilliant function. Great cooling, fantastic flavor because there's minimal diffusion or even contact with the water by the vapor. Plus, there is very little free space in the can to collect reclaim. It's the most potent dab rig I've ever hit because so few actives are lost.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...water/216674730.html#s1-2-7b;searl|1061552391

I've got a few heady pieces that I wish functioned as well as this piece so I'd use them more often.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
I know you didn't ask me, but I feel chatty so I thought I'd answer.

I've been purchasing from DHGate since the start of this thread basically and even was reselling pieces locally for a bit so I've had my hands on many different pieces.

Still my favorite dab rig ever is the FC-710 Bates&Worm Diffusion Pump knock off... it's often recommended here and for good reason... just brilliant function. Great cooling, fantastic flavor because there's minimal diffusion or even contact with the water by the vapor. Plus, there is very little free space in the can to collect reclaim. It's the most potent dab rig I've ever hit because so few actives are lost.
https://www.dhgate.com/product/2015...water/216674730.html#s1-2-7b;searl|1061552391

I've got a few heady pieces that I wish functioned as well as this piece so I'd use them more often.

And if you don't want to deal with a male joint (I certainly don't), Stephen also has this version:

saml-glass-21cm-tall-glass-bongs-glass-smoking-pipes-diffusion-pump-with-ball-joint-size-18.8mm-pg5030(fc-rattle-can).jpg

I plan on picking up the FC-Rattlecan (above) at some point, just haven't yet.

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I have the 18F jointed rattle can also which is quite a different experience. The swiss pillar is smooth and high diffision while the rattle can has more chug and very little diffision. I guess I can recommend both.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Fuck, rattle cans are noisy.:razz: I do like the look of the 18mm joint, but the flat mouthpiece is a worry(I haven't tried that style, maybe it is time I did) Maybe I need both....:disgust:GAS

You think dude has put enough water in those?! Must’ve been thirsty...
I mean that first one, the male joint, is ridiculous. WTF?!
The rattle-can definitely earns its name! Even with twice the water necessary.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
You think dude has put enough water in those?! Must’ve been thirsty...
I mean that first one, the male joint, is ridiculous. WTF?!
The rattle-can definitely earns its name! Even with twice the water necessary.
That is how it is supposed to be. You won't get the full rattle effect if you do not fill these pieces to the neck. I have the 2nd one with the 18F and can attest to its greatness. I would like to get a heady version one day.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
Thanks @nosmoking I had no idea that was the proper water level. That’s nuts but I’ve heard so many attest to the flavourful hits they provide so I do not doubt what you say. Thanks for the knowledge! :wave:

They still retain the high level of flavor due to the lack of diffusion. You can see that the vapor never hits a perc, so it's never split up into tons of tiny bubbles. Large air pockets of vapor travel through the water column so it's hydrated and easy on the throat, while still keeping that flavor.

Ehh, might need to just go ahead and place my order for one!

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... from my expierence, the FC-710 is better than the 'rattle can'... i got my FC-710 from Steven and rattlecan from sunshine store (looked same as pic above with 18mm female joint)... my rattle can did not function as it should have- pretty sure there was no hole where the ball sits (the 'valve')...

... i ended up getting two fc-710's from steven because it worked much better than the one from sunshine store... :2c:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
... from my expierence, the FC-710 is better than the 'rattle can'... i got my FC-710 from Steven and rattlecan from sunshine store (looked same as pic above with 18mm female joint)... my rattle can did not function as it should have- pretty sure there was no hole where the ball sits (the 'valve')...

... i ended up getting two fc-710's from steven because it worked much better than the one from sunshine store... :2c:

Interesting. I didn't find the FC-Rattlecan on the Sunshine Store site. Not sure if they don't have it anymore, or I just didn't look hard enough.

There's just no way I'm going to force myself to deal with a male joint on my rig, so it automatically rules out the FC-710. I've heard lots of good things about Stephen's quality with the Rattlecan, and my knock off Mobius pieces I've ordered from him have actually been better quality than I expected to get.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
All the glass blowers and buyers decided that in 2018, male joints were to no longer be deemed desirable to produce or as possession. @Hogni My dear sir, are you not registered with the Global Glass Congress? Didn’t you see the annual newsletter? They’re to be held in contempt until such time they experience a comeback and it’s determined that there’s money to be made. ;)

I joke but honestly saw a few IG artists post to this effect last spring: No Male Joints in 2018!

ALSO: so many great members here sharing experiences and insights here through the years, this thread is one of my faves. What a resource and document of the evolution of Cheap Reasonable Quality Glass!
@Roth & @just_the_flu you guys are everywhere around here, helping others and contributing to the vibe. Bonus Karma Points awarded!

wildything

I have the FC-710 and use an adapter to make it female and add a drop down from thickassglass to lower the joint and get it further from my face. I do not have the newer rattle can from steven but I believe the perc functions the same as the FC-710 since they are both sold by Steven. Members here communicated with multiple sellers to ask for a rattle can but I'm not sure if anyone other than Steven was able to make the perc correctly due to the complexity of getting the ball in the bottom. I'm very happy with mine but did want to upgrade to the newer rattle can version but I can't justify it since the FC-710 is a great flavor saver!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
So, either one would make a good dab rig? I thought dab rigs had male joints so expanding metal nails would not cause problems/breakages.
Edit. My CF/x S/S WPA broke one of my cleisen adapters when it expanded.

Last edited:

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@LesPlenty at one time not long ago IIRC our resident glass master @mrbonsai420 recommended both FC-710 and rattle can as great in flavour department and solid choices for those shopping dagate. That dude has so much glass and experience, that statement was enough endorsement for me. Such cool thing for him to say, most people with $$$$$ in artisan heady glass would never say a kind word about China glass. Humble. Class. Maybe because he collects out of love/appreciation and not to impress, out of ego?

When using SS or Ti nails, I thought that was one of the reasons to use adapters/drop downs? I’ve seen the M/M glass adapter recommended as great if you own female nails and protects the rig’s joint, this was from well experienced guys who only dab. Idk? Hopefully somebody smart pipes up! :D

:peace:

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
What's the problem with a male joint?

I guess you could also ask the question, why would you want a male joint at this point in time?

It's a hold over from the early days of dabbing, when people would heat up Ti "nails". They had a use/benefit back then, but that style of dabbing has quickly (and rightly) fallen out of favor.

I could be wrong on this next point, as I've never personally owned a male jointed rig, so have never had to clean one up. But to me, it looks like a male jointed rig would be messier than a female jointed rig.

It looks like reclaim would start to eventually build up on the lip of the male joint on the rig. Whereas with a female jointed rig, the reclaim would be inside the piece itself. More likely to catch dust, other debris when outside the rig itself.

I did a quick and dirty paint drawing to illustrate. Red is vapor path, and the green is reclaim buildup.

MF_Joints.jpg

Add in the fact that I don't want to have different adapters/drop downs for all my different glass, and the decision is easy for me.

Is anything these days, besides old style nails, really made with a female joint to fit into a male jointed rig?

I joke but honestly saw a few IG artists post to this effect last spring: No Male Joints in 2018!

ALSO: so many great members here sharing experiences and insights here through the years, this thread is one of my faves. What a resource and document of the evolution of Cheap Reasonable Quality Glass!
@Roth & @just_the_flu you guys are everywhere around here, helping others and contributing to the vibe. Bonus Karma Points awarded!

Take a rip on the Flowerpot for me, I won't be back home to hit mine for a few weeks!

PS: No male joints in 2018!!! j/k People enjoy what they enjoy, but I won't be buying a male jointed rig.

ClearBlueLou

unbearably light in the being....
I made a similar decision over a year ago, when I let my favorite iHS know that I would not be purchasing any straight-tube pipes of any kind in the future, and that I was standardizing everything to 14mm female joints. I told,them that if they wanted to sell me glass , that was how.

As for how that ended up working, I got my first dab rig last month. 14mm female, twin barrel percs, curved neck. Haven’t used it yet, I expect it to freak out one of my roommates.

And since this is the place for cheap, high-quality glass, the rig I picked is pretty freakin flawless...ALL the joins are beautifully done, couldn’t see them if you didn’t know, the entire thing is massive, it looks 4-5 mm throughout, and the wide flat base must be 7mm or more. It’s from thick-ass glass, and I’m assured that they’re a domestic gateway for high-end Chinese glass. Shipping very quick, very securely packaged.

https://www.thickassglass.com/collections/oil-rigs/products/10-hammer-head-perc-side-car

The only real downside to it is, it’s a big can. I guess this is where I milk it? Just fill the can with vapor, then pull the banger and take it all at once?

Last edited:

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Only have bubblers/rigs with female joints for that reasons myself (but prefer 18mm mostly used with a 14mm inline adapter). The FC 710 is the only one with a male joint cause it's the only version to get at Steven. Not lucky about but not such a problem when using a f->f adapter, or better downstem, on it. That's all I wanted to say.

Last edited:

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
I made a similar decision over a year ago, when I let my favorite iHS know that I would not be purchasing any straight-tube pipes of any kind in the future, and that I was standardizing everything to 14mm female joints. I told,them that if they wanted to sell me glass , that was how.

As for how that ended up working, I got my first dab rig last month. 14mm female, twin barrel percs, curved neck. Haven’t used it yet, I expect it to freak out one of my roommates.

And since this is the place for cheap, high-quality glass, the rig I picked is pretty freakin flawless...ALL the joins are beautifully done, couldn’t see them if you didn’t know, the entire thing is massive, it looks 4-5 mm throughout, and the wide flat base must be 7mm or more. It’s from thick-ass glass, and I’m assured that they’re a domestic gateway for high-end Chinese glass. Shipping very quick, very securely packaged.

https://www.thickassglass.com/collections/oil-rigs/products/10-hammer-head-perc-side-car

The only real downside to it is, it’s a big can. I guess this is where I milk it? Just fill the can with vapor, then pull the banger and take it all at once?

Nice. I've had my eye on that piece for a while. I like the double mai-tai model.
Although, I'll only buy in in a no-logo model. I hate having brand-name logos predominantly displayed on my glass. Out of sight, like something small in a corner somewhere, or simply on the bottom is fine by me...but I don't like my stuff looking like a billboard advertisement.

Top Bottom