Cheap High Quality Bubbler

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Jesus maybe I hit paydirt with that one or just paid a fair price for the 1% of gate glass I suppose :shrug:. The piece I posted is US glass but was a very good price so worthy of this thread.
Look brother from another Mother!
Cheap Glass is CIVILIZED!
Just my opinion!

Put your EGO in your pocket!

We will all die one day.

Tooth Fairy's and many other make believe characters are made up!

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL not word's of a make believe book?

I buy cheap glass because it break's the same as expensive glass>

My EGO I try to kill so I do understand the need to feed it?
Let it die so we can live?

CHEAP GLASS is our FRIEND!!!!

MoltenTiger

Just my opinion!

We will all die one day.

Cheap glass is great, but in my experience it commonly has weak spots and is easier to break with only minor shock.
Obviously all glass is fragile, but not necessarily prone to failure.
Now with progression of market, there's a huge array of cheap, quality glass. And China's options have evolved a lot in the last 10 years.
Origin doesn't matter beyond quality.
In terms of value - cost and satisfaction, Stevenski's Maddabler rig is exceptional value.
I don't think it's about superiority more than its about pure satisfaction.
Cannabis is paramount of importance with all this technology and innovation surrounding it, but like fine china, crystal or any object, insightful design allows it to be enjoyed to a maximum.

It's a personal thing, not necessarily about appearance but about smoothness and appreciation.

Compared to smoking out of a garden hose and Powerade bottle, vaporising from a well designed glass rig is a very different experience, and without telling anyone about it who would endeavour to realise.

I don't think it's about the ego, as Australians ours is heavily deflated due to the nature of paraphernalia and freedom of use here anyway.
It's really just about enjoying the experience, and hoping that someone else out there could resonate enough with it to share in it.

There's plenty of cheap glass that offers this potential, a thousand pages of examples.
There's no wrong option, but with only finite time and opportunities, if you're here reading about glass then I recommend buying some to enjoy for oneself.
My comments, however long-winded, are really just to say, rather than settle for a utilitarian solution, enthusiasts will enjoy the small difference to a more personal solution. It's not to be better than others, but to enjoy what we are a little bit more. Cannabis brings many enjoyment, why shouldn't it be served on a silver platter? It's not that outlandish, but sure spend little enough to not get attached to it. Breaking glass is a reality, but without any sentimental value attached it's easy to replace. Obviously live within your means, but nowadays that means cheap, quality for all.

When I'm gone there'll still be use for my glassware, borosilicate isn't recyclable, so the DHgate machine isn't good for the ego either.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All true. Given different financial conditions, while I can't imagine myself ever getting a $3K Mothership piece, I would certainly own some nice 3 digit glass. I just don't lust for it, and function is all that matters in my price range. So, highly recommended DHgate glass is my playground and I have more $$ for product.
The glass is useless with no product as I'm sure we all can agree. Tho some of the heady stuff certainly is ART as well so useless may be too strong of a word... :)

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Cheap glass is great, but in my experience it commonly has weak spots and is easier to break with only minor shock.
Obviously all glass is fragile, but not necessarily prone to failure.
Now with progression of market, there's a huge array of cheap, quality glass. And China's options have evolved a lot in the last 10 years.
Origin doesn't matter beyond quality.
In terms of value - cost and satisfaction, Stevenski's Maddabler rig is exceptional value.
I don't think it's about superiority more than its about pure satisfaction.
Cannabis is paramount of importance with all this technology and innovation surrounding it, but like fine china, crystal or any object, insightful design allows it to be enjoyed to a maximum.

It's a personal thing, not necessarily about appearance but about smoothness and appreciation.

Compared to smoking out of a garden hose and Powerade bottle, vaporising from a well designed glass rig is a very different experience, and without telling anyone about it who would endeavour to realise.

I don't think it's about the ego, as Australians ours is heavily deflated due to the nature of paraphernalia and freedom of use here anyway.
It's really just about enjoying the experience, and hoping that someone else out there could resonate enough with it to share in it.

There's plenty of cheap glass that offers this potential, a thousand pages of examples.
There's no wrong option, but with only finite time and opportunities, if you're here reading about glass then I recommend buying some to enjoy for oneself.
My comments, however long-winded, are really just to say, rather than settle for a utilitarian solution, enthusiasts will enjoy the small difference to a more personal solution. It's not to be better than others, but to enjoy what we are a little bit more. Cannabis brings many enjoyment, why shouldn't it be served on a silver platter? It's not that outlandish, but sure spend little enough to not get attached to it. Breaking glass is a reality, but without any sentimental value attached it's easy to replace. Obviously live within your means, but nowadays that means cheap, quality for all.

When I'm gone there'll still be use for my glassware, borosilicate isn't recyclable, so the DHgate machine isn't good for the ego either.
Tall poppy syndrome : is an expression from my friends from down under!

As a CALIFORNIA guy the AUSTRALIAN's would drink us under the table.
Smoking CANNABIS is what we did instead.

Sorry to give a slap. I'm really not a BULLY!

I have family in AUSTRALIA so I get it.
My kid's have surfed every spot in Australia: {EAST; WEST; SOUTH}

We had two factories we sold there as well.

I only smoked JOINTS the first 10 years.
BonG's where gross to me and UNCIVILIZED.
They were made out of BAMBOO before glass.

Glass is new to me so forgive my ignorance?

CANNABIS is the HOLY GRAIL anyway.

Last edited:

abcd5432

All true. Given different financial conditions, while I can't imagine myself ever getting a $3K Mothership piece, I would certainly own some nice 3 digit glass. I just don't lust for it, and function is all that matters in my price range. So, highly recommended DHgate glass is my playground and I have more $$ for product.
The glass is useless with no product as I'm sure we all can agree. Tho some of the heady stuff certainly is ART as well so useless may be too strong of a word... :)
When your money can make you more money, why spend it...
I'm happy to live as frugally as possible and let my money work for me. China glass saved me a lot of money, I'll splurge on some nicer china glass, but I LOVE saving money. That's why I like vaping so much!

MrMonss

Yeh that's exactly it.

My main issue is the Flared Mouthpiece is too large.

It's also hard to watch the chamber filling with vapor when using, a minor issue.

I love being able to take out the perc's to clean and swap for different diffusion options.

Hi Guys !!

Glad to see FC Mod's return.
We all have the same problem with mouthpiece too big !!
I made myself a DIY CIVILIZED one, and that works.
I also like to use a whip with this bubbler, this way you can watch the chambers.

(sorry for the bad pic)

img-20171001-202827_imagesia-com_1expi.jpg

Summer

Long Island, NY
Welcome to this thread @Dazza78! Look forward to seeing you on FC.

Might be able to have my cake and eat it :D

GH, you forgot, it's have my cake & eat it, too!;)

Cannabis brings many enjoyment, why shouldn't it be served on a silver platter?

And if one can afford to, yes, it should be served on a silver platter. Good post!

Just my opinion!

We will all die one day.

ataxian, this is one of your best posts, IMO. :tup:

Last edited:

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Had this 150 dollar vaporblunt dlx 2.0 for couple of months and it was fantastic with such free air movement, also what I noticed it that it would clean much easier then my cheap hydrotube
2.0sd-3-web_2.jpg

The cheap hydrotube off Dhgate I had for over 2 years, that thing has been dropped so many times but the thick glass keeps it safe, but the problem is that it NEVER gets cleaned fully!

Sadly the nice expensive one broke when I was shaking it wit some salt/iso solutions in it

The perk just snapped and broke

But I won it here on FC in a stickybrick labs contest because I would never myself spend so much money on glass

MoltenTiger

Hey guys I'm new to this forum, but I really enjoy the Honey bubbler by easyflow glass inexpensive but not cheaply made great performance esp love it with the iQ, I'll post up a video of its function
Shout out to this dude and his Mooby's shirt! haha!
I stayed up the other night watching Clerks 1 / 2, lol

Great vids man, keep it up!
And if one can afford to, yes, it should be served on a silver platter. Good post!
The point of this thread is to bring the silver platter to all in an affordable but quality way.

This is my current DHGAS
https://www.dhgate.com/store/product/ccg-sandblasted-klein-recycler-glass-bongs/403408674.html

and heady GAS
https://maddabler.com/collections/honeysuckers-1

Mad dabler had 40% off recently, worth keeping an eye out if interested as that narrows the gap between China production and artisan production to a pretty manageable amount.
It's probably a noticeable step up in quality I dare say.

@Hjalmark that sucks you snapped a perc with only shaking... Not a good sign of quality regardless of price. Which is a pity, I've seen that DLX tube on SBs sticky brick insta page, and it looked really decent.. I'd have expected it to be much more durable.

Was it just the internal tube inside the perc that broke? I had that happen with a DHgate honey sucker, lasted about 10 mins

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
@Hjalmark that sucks you snapped a perc with only shaking... Not a good sign of quality regardless of price. Which is a pity, I've seen that DLX tube on SBs sticky brick insta page, and it looked really decent.. I'd have expected it to be much more durable.

Was it just the internal tube inside the perc that broke? I had that happen with a DHgate honey sucker, lasted about 10 mins

Yeah inside perk that just snapped while shaking it, if I would have bought it then I would definitely contacted the seller, most been a fault in the glass as it was not the first time I been cleaning it

But I remembered how easy the glass cleaned compared to the Dhgate glass I had before

Edit: I won the hydrotube with my Stickybrick ;)

Justpassedu

Yeah inside perk that just snapped while shaking it, if I would have bought it then I would definitely contacted the seller, most been a fault in the glass as it was not the first time I been cleaning it

But I remembered how easy the glass cleaned compared to the Dhgate glass I had before

Edit: I won the hydrotube with my Stickybrick ;)
Sent ya a pm , i may be able to help.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Welcome to this thread @Dazza78! Look forward to seeing you on FC.

GH, you forgot, it's have my cake & eat it, too!;)

ataxian, this is one of your best posts, IMO. :tup:
emr0PyH.jpg

For me @Summer it's MEDICATION these daz's!

Humor is good for the HOMO SAPIENS.

I need more CANNABIS to be CIVILIZED!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Mad dabler had 40% off recently, worth keeping an eye out if interested as that narrows the gap between China production and artisan production to a pretty manageable amount.
It's probably a noticeable step up in quality I dare say.

It is of high enough quality & it is a noticeable step up but still affordable enough even at full price.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Oh, I don't know. Affordable is relative I guess. His mini 7" straight fab sells for about $425. CCG's 9" sells for under $50. I can't compare and contrast their function tho people seems to love the CCG one.
I'm not saying Mad Dabler is overcharging or anything like that. But there is no doubt for me where I will be ordering from when/if I finally act on it. Nothing against MD at all, I just know my bank balance.

Added: Looks like I might have to go with the 12" to get an 18mm joint, but it is still under $50. I WOULD rather get the smaller one, but I need 18mm.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
For me, China glass is an affordable means to an end. For a simple, clear piece it's hard to beat the 'gate. For anything truly heady though, support your local glass artists! I think they both serve a purpose.
I love what you wrote because it true!
Thas right! (GSC = STRONGER than usual?)
tIbG32o.jpg

I can be creative with this stuff!
KINE FUN!
@lazylathe you can keep up!
OGB is my mouthpiece (small)
One day it will be standard? (500 - 1000 year's = CIVILIZED)

Last edited:

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
Oh, I don't know. Affordable is relative I guess. His mini 7" straight fab sells for about $425. CCG's 9" sells for under $50. I can't compare and contrast their function tho people seems to love the CCG one.
I'm not saying Mad Dabler is overcharging or anything like that. But there is no doubt for me where I will be ordering from when/if I finally act on it. Nothing against MD at all, I just know my bank balance.

Added: Looks like I might have to go with the 12" to get an 18mm joint, but it is still under $50. I WOULD rather get the smaller one, but I need 18mm.

That is a very fair point. I was referring to their honeysucker range for $150 full price rather than their fabs. I rate it as good value since it strikes a fine balance between price & quality. CCG is one of the more consistent vendors on the gate & I have been tempted by that 12" straight fab they have going. Looks like a great piece especially for the $$. The point I was really making is even if you spend $150 on a piece it is still relatively cheap in glass land. Then again some are more clumsy than others with glass as I have only broken two pieces & a dozen downstems & bowls from my smoking days the last decade.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
SMALL MOUTHPIECES are my PREFERENCE.
OGB (MIKE) get's it!
I should probably get one of those snakehead mouthpieces just to try it out. All of my MPs, free standing or on rigs, are flared or just straight glass.
That is a very fair point. I was referring to their honeysucker range for $150 full price rather than their fabs. I rate it as good value since it strikes a fine balance between price & quality.
I am certainly not a glass maven or anything. Most of my pieces are in my sig, and you can tell they are mostly utilitarian. Nevermind that someone just the other day said "Why do you have all this glass?"
The honeysucker piece you are talking about has some colored glass (love purple glass) and some horns (?) in the can, so are therefore more "artistic" in design. There is value in that, of course. It just isn't that important to me, and is still about 3 times the cost of the similar pieces I have that are plain clear glass.
What I WOULD like and IS worth something to me is the idea that a piece from a US vendor should be perfect, and if not they would make it so. I don't expect that from my Chinese glass, and indeed have a flawed perc that I would not accept from a US vendor. But that was on a replacement for a piece that came broken and since it worked I didn't have the heart to make him send me another. If I had paid $150 or more I wouldn't have thought twice about returning it.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I should probably get one of those snakehead mouthpieces just to try it out. All of my MPs, free standing or on rigs, are flared or just straight glass.

I am certainly not a glass maven or anything. Most of my pieces are in my sig, and you can tell they are mostly utilitarian. Nevermind that someone just the other day said "Why do you have all this glass?"
The honeysucker piece you are talking about has some colored glass (love purple glass) and some horns (?) in the can, so are therefore more "artistic" in design. There is value in that, of course. It just isn't that important to me, and is still about 3 times the cost of the similar pieces I have that are plain clear glass.
What I WOULD like and IS worth something to me is the idea that a piece from a US vendor should be perfect, and if not they would make it so. I don't expect that from my Chinese glass, and indeed have a flawed perc that I would not accept from a US vendor. But that was on a replacement for a piece that came broken and since it worked I didn't have the heart to make him send me another. If I had paid $150 or more I wouldn't have thought twice about returning it.
@cybrguy I should just be silent!
My KId said: "I'm eccentric"?

Do what feel's right to you!

Some like flared some like BonG style holes?
I like small (snake-mouth great name)

DEPEND where you are EVOLUTIONARY wise?

CIVILIZED maybe?
3Tqk3Zn.jpg

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
You know what @cybrguy I agree.

I like the OGB flared MP's but I haven't actually tried the snake-head's either, if OGB ever responds I'll add one of those to my order just because you never know.

@ataxian would you rather be eccentric or boring?

Personally I'd hate to be boring ;)
I love SCIENCE, CANNABIS, and most ACADEMIA!

My youngest kid think's I'm Eccentric?

NEXT kid think's I'm a LEGEND?

OLDEST kid think's I'm CRAZY?

My wife say's I'm ECCENTRIC so I tell her CANNABIS make's one CIVILIZED!

EVERYONE has their thought's?

Glass break's so this is why I'm here?
So far glass taste right!

Top Bottom