Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Seems very variable. Just pulled the trigger on the Upline clone (will sell some older piece, I promise!) and it says end of February-beginning of March....

Yes literally every store is different and that is just a general estimate

I also have this in my basket in case I accidentally break a bubbler, just so i can have a backup, you know...

This is like the giant Biao dual recycler which is a copy of some other US design, they are decent function, but I hardly ever want to use mine, I wouldn't really say it is a backup piece or substitute for something else, the function is pretty unique to it

d8cb6451-aa2f-4600-adb6-8a3f5b1482f8.jpg

What bugs me is.. why is the perc so high up and not at the bottom? Seems to me the entire downstem+ perc assembly could be moved down by an inch or so- so that both perc and the intake joint are lower? Perhaps that inch or so could then be taken off the height of the bottom chamber?

100% it is for proper function of the drain and also for the dual uptake to klein funnel vortex, recyclers in general take a decent amount of water for proper function, that is part of their benefit... More water moving through with the vapor, through smaller pathways...

Zeno

What bugs me is.. why is the perc so high up and not at the bottom? Seems to me the entire downstem+ perc assembly could be moved down by an inch or so- so that both perc and the intake joint are lower? Perhaps that inch or so could then be taken off the height of the bottom chamber?
Others have helpfully commented on the reason for that aspect of the design. I have this piece, a recent acquisition. It is well made. Getting the water level right so that it draws decently but still recycles is a bit tricky, with a fairly small sweet spot. It functions decently even without getting much recycling in lighter draws. If you have a lot of glass this can be an interesting addition for something different, but I would not have it as one of my few mains with the various other options that are out there.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

I'd been looking for a cheap double decker type bubbler for a while when I got a good deal for this piece

(A fuck you to Dutch customs for charging with VAT and administrative fee even though it's already included in the dhgate price, effectively negating my good deal :mad:)

It's thick glass, I think it's a taller copy of a TAG piece so nice they copied the thickness as well. The TAG one was said to have some splashing, but this taller piece doesn't have that issue. Quality is really nice. Mouthpiece is decent, doesn't bother me like with some other pieces. Function is pretty good but limited as the top perc tends to spill water into the lower chamber, because they didn't make the perc tall enough. This limits the piece functionality to slower draws.

Here's a function video with herborizer:

I'll have to do some more experimenting with water levels (you can see in the video the respective levels are uneven because the issue with the water dripping from the top) to see if I can improve this. And try more vapes, with different draw resistance.

So from my initial testing it's a bit flawed but all in all happy with my purchase, as this type is not something I would spend more money on than I paid now and the other cheap ones available in EU have one or both percs that don't appeal to me.

coolbreeze

This one is pretty wild
Let's see...in and up through the first tube through the color ball into the other tube and down to the perc, through the water and then I think vapor but not the water would rise though the clear ball to the mouthpiece? I don't see where water would drain. It is kinda cool, I like the curlicue!

Shit Snacks

Let's see...in and up through the first tube through the color ball into the other tube and down to the perc, through the water and then I think vapor but not the water would rise though the clear ball to the mouthpiece? I don't see where water would drain. It is kinda cool, I like the curlicue!

Yeah that ball is just an obstruction really and superficial, pretty interesting for the extra dry pathway, nice style, but I wonder the quality and thickness from this place...?

coolbreeze

Yeah that ball is just an obstruction really and superficial, pretty interesting for the extra dry pathway, nice style, but I wonder the quality and thickness from this place...?
Yeah. Cool to see the novel ideas people try. The colors and pattern reminds me of an old Winamp Milkdrop visualization I enjoyed back in the day.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Most of those sellers have a tendency not to show the part that actually goes to your mouth- which I find is crucial for the feel of the bubbler in use. This kinda looks like a wide open flare.

Haze Mister,
Reactions: condition

coolbreeze

How do you reckon this glass functions?
Picture it with water a half inch above the perc slits in each section. Vapor goes down the downstem, out the slits, bubbles inside the cone and out through its bottom slits, and into the water in the layer between the cones, and out to your mouth. It seems like pulling may clear the water from the inner cone? IDK. I bet it doesn't work great, or at least suffers from the added restriction. The Cone's not necessary, or it should be the downstem, one.

minasch

Speaking of which, the bigger FC-UFO is available:

I'm thinking about ordering this piece. I use a Herborizer Sphere XL right now. But it's my only glass piece and I think a second or spare one makes more than sense.

Does anyone know something about the quality? I already have high quality whip, adapters and so on.
The size is quite descent.

Petetbay

Does anyone know something about the quality? I already have high quality whip, adapters and so on.
The size is quite descent.
Very thick glass, can’t remember the action on it, broke a adapter joint off in the bowl joint when I dropped something on it, so it’s tough. Never got the joint out and forgot about it like 2 years ago. Put in the freezer now to try get the stuck joint out, stuck in there good. Yeah I got too much glass.

minasch

Is there maybe anything comparable out where I should know about? It should have 18mm connectors and be able to attach a whip.

condition

I don't own a sidecar. Do you think it should be my next bubbler?
Like this from popular glass? Are any advantages using one, apart from maybe one more cooling step from the angle of the stem?

It’s out of stock right now but The Dew Drop sidecar bubbler is my favorite pieces I’ve owned for vaping. 14mm native too

Why is this your favorite bubbler? Which vape you use it with?

Shit Snacks

Is there maybe anything comparable out where I should know about? It should have 18mm connectors and be able to attach a whip.
I don't own a sidecar. Do you think it should be my next bubbler?

This^ is what you both want, it has a much better perc and style, with a different mouthpiece (45° angle adapter helps) you can also turn it into a sidecar, it has amazing views for watching the milk fill... Worth waiting for the 420 sale perhaps, they always have big discounts, but the price has gone up on this piece since I got mine (did not used to come with a mouthpiece either only whip with adapter and mouthpiece) :tup:

I would not want either of the pieces you posted honestly, nor the two above (which I actually had from vapexhale and sold along with my FC-Mod too) bad perc/styles imo :2c:

Shit Snacks

fwiw the one called "circle sidecut foot stand" isn't at all bad, and without it, my beloved hydrotube would be useless

Haha yeah bad wasn't over-generalization, but my issue with that one is that extra long joint, they used to make one that was smaller more compact that I wanted to buy and held off for too long, because yeah I wanted a better proper base instead of my FC-Mod, which is also why I bought the ones from VXL during the closeout sale even though they had the 14 mm tops mistakenly, although that also ruins their performance aside from not liking the percs much... Anyway I know the one above is that wide so it can fit that hydro tube, but I also really dislike that hydro tube style, with the big wide empty chamber and the matrix bomb mushroom perc in the neck, wide flared mouthpiece on the sidecar... My hydro tubes are the straight up style from evolver, the 2.0 circ and tree, so they actually had a perfect form factor for the FC-Mod, but I wanted the right angle style, anyway I gave up on it so now I sold all those bases and still have the tubes lol agreed I have a hydro brick base which is more useful for them anyway even though I haven't used it in so long either

minasch

This^ is what you both want, it has a much better perc and style, with a different mouthpiece (45° angle adapter helps) you can also turn it into a sidecar, it has amazing views for watching the milk fill... Worth waiting for the 420 sale perhaps, they always have big discounts, but the price has gone up on this piece since I got mine (did not used to come with a mouthpiece either only whip with adapter and mouthpiece) :tup:

I would not want either of the pieces you posted honestly, nor the two above (which I actually had from vapexhale and sold along with my FC-Mod too) bad perc/styles imo :2c:
You're right. That's nearly exactly where I was looking for.
It's a bit expensive for me right now, but with their 2nd quality and 25% sale right now, the price is actually quite affordable. But I keep an eye on 4/20.
I guess their quality must be on point when I look at their prices and popularity.

Shit Snacks

You're right. That's nearly exactly where I was looking for.
It's a bit expensive for me right now, but with their 2nd quality and 25% sale right now, the price is actually quite affordable. But I keep an eye on 4/20.
I guess their quality must be on point when I look at their prices and popularity.

Yeah the price went up and that color version is double that, but yeah they do 35% off or perhaps even more than, and the quality is quite good... all made in China but the pieces are well designed and well curated, the price on this particular piece went up after the last batch of them sold out finally, I heard good things about it here, then when I got mine I kept talking about it so much that people bought out the stock and it was a long wait for it to come back lol

Top Bottom