CARS...what ya got what you like??

Caligula

Maximus
Ford did get one thing right and that is a 9 inch rear diff ts all ill admit.

Also this:

1008phr_02_o%2Bford_5_liter_coyote_motor%2B.jpg

And this:

1951195_600.jpg

And maybe this:

21048-2004-Ford-F150-Lightning.jpg

Caligula,
Reactions: grokit

Caligula

Maximus
To me, seeing the name Cobra on anything but an AC Bristol body or a Daytona Coupe is sacrilegious.

Whats sacrilegious is whats happened to Shelby's company. They are now putting their name on over priced tarted up "factory option" sub-compacts.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2013-shelby-focus-st-ar144084.html

Cliffs Notes on that one:

For ONLY $40K I get a hideous looking 300hp (power I can make myself with about 3K in bolt-on parts and tuning) FWD car? Oh and whats that? It only comes in Shelby's signature Pound Me In The Ass™ yellow? Sign me the fuck up!

Carol Shelby's ghost is sobbing in a corner as we speak.

Thats fords response to these bad boys.

all late 80's and early 90's tech.

V6's too. All in fun but still No messing with GM when it comes to racing.

Almost everything performance oriented from these two manufacturers is a "response" to something the other make put out previously. Its been that way for way longer than you or I have been alive, so I fail to see how that detracts from the ultimate win those machines have become/are. Thats like saying the LT/LS1 is less than what they were because it was a response to ford's 302.

As for today's standards, GM is barely making street cars that can compete with an 11 year old Mustang Cobra. Top that off with the insane amount of power potential the Coyote platform has and you have some serious bragging rights. Especially since that engine is found in a baseline Mustang GT, and isn't anything "special". A good driver, bolt-ons and traction gets you 10s with that car my friend.

Most of this is just IMO though... except the facts of course. ;)

SD_haze

I'm farr from a car aficionado, but I do enjoy cruising around San Diego in my '94 Ford Mustang convertible. White racing stripe for shits & giggles.

Unfortunately it's only a V6
3f5c0044830311e393571224af973394_8.jpg

[My only pic off-hand]

And then also my Ford Fiesta hatchback.
This was the first model that came to America, in 2010.
It's certainly...zippy :p
xGbPo0S.jpg

SD_haze,
Reactions: t-dub

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Whats sacrilegious is whats happened to Shelby's company. They are now putting their name on over priced tarted up "factory option" sub-compacts.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ford/2013-shelby-focus-st-ar144084.html

Cliffs Notes on that one:

For ONLY $40K I get a hideous looking 300hp (power I can make myself with about 3K in bolt-on parts and tuning) FWD car? Oh and whats that? It only comes in Shelby's signature Pound Me In The Ass™ yellow? Sign me the fuck up!

Carol Shelby's ghost is sobbing in a corner as we speak.

Almost everything performance oriented from these two manufacturers is a "response" to something the other make put out previously. Its been that way for way longer than you or I have been alive, so I fail to see how that detracts from the ultimate win those machines have become/are. Thats like saying the LT/LS1 is less than what they were because it was a response to ford's 302.

As for today's standards, GM is barely making street cars that can compete with an 11 year old Mustang Cobra. Top that off with the insane amount of power potential the Coyote platform has and you have some serious bragging rights. Especially since that engine is found in a baseline Mustang GT, and isn't anything "special". A good driver, bolt-ons and traction gets you 10s with that car my friend.

Most of this is just IMO though... except the facts of course. ;)

There is a reason why SB Chevies are kings of the strip and thats because 5.0's get eaten.

This debate will never be won my friend.

All i can say is bring it to the track. <-- thems racing words let the slips judge the winners and the losers buy weed.

@lwien not only does America produce some of the best world police ( Aka Armed Forces My respects to them and the men and women who served ) but we also produce some of the worlds greatest company saviors. Just Saying nothing beats American dreamers and doers. Dont mind the idiot who did the pinto mustang two, corvair, gremlin, horizon, countless other crap from the 70's and 80's and 90's and the fucking aztek wtf was that? seriously wtf?

Last edited:
THC SCIENTIFIC,

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
The gremlin made an awesome pro-street (once you upfitting with a chevy powertrain of course ;) )

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Fuck pushrods.

I aint gonna say anything about wankels man the gas powered sowing machines earned my respect with my 87 Rx7. These things are crazy super super crazy when built.

But still

If you dont push the rod my friend she dont purrrrrr.

Last edited:

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
Rotaries are cool and all but the fuel efficiency and reliability just ain't there. If I had more money than I knew what to do with I would have a mint FD RX-7 with a 20b swap though!

LS engines are finding their way into many cars these days. There is simply no other mass produced V8 that is as reliable, fuel efficient, and powerful as the Chevy LS.

An LS3 with long tubes, exhaust, a mild cam, and a tune can easily crack 500whp. Eager to see what potential the new LT1 has.

Speaking of Ford, the new Stang looks like a winner. Finally a proper suspension! I just wish the car wasn't so big and the retro interior sucks.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
So big? The Mustang is the only pony car on a diet. Fords Mustang GT is already ~200lbs lighter than the CamAro EssEss... and Ford plans to shed a few hundred more lbs in the next generation (which will also have a turbocharged ecoboost power-train option which should be win).

I can almost promise you GMs next offerings are going to be even more portly than they are now.

I should also note that im aware I sound like a Ford fanboy. Truth is ive never liked the Mustang much until now (Terminator Cobra being an exception). In fact I've never owned a Ford of any model. I just call em like I see em. Its no different from me being a fan of LT/LS powered F Bodies back in the late 90s. Those things ruled the road back then and the Mustang was a 215HP 4.6l joke.

...that being said the Coyote 5.0 is HUGE. Thats one thing the LS blocks have on it. They are tiny and light in comparison which is why you see them in things like Miatas.

Ill try to dig up pics of a friends LS3 Miata later.

Caligula,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
My first was a Mazda Rotary Truck with an RX7wankle. Little thing was a fuckin' Beast until I threw the rotor in '82.
Nobody around here could work on a Wankle back then not even Mazda when they phased out the rotary line for a few years. Loved that Thing.

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
So big? The Mustang is the only pony car on a diet. Fords Mustang GT is already ~200lbs lighter than the CamAro EssEss... and Ford plans to shed a few hundred more lbs in the next generation (which will also have a turbocharged ecoboost power-train option which should be win).

I can almost promise you GMs next offerings are going to be even more portly than they are now.

I should also note that im aware I sound like a Ford fanboy. Truth is ive never liked the Mustang much until now (Terminator Cobra being an exception). In fact I've never owned a Ford of any model. I just call em like I see em. Its no different from me being a fan of LT/LS powered F Bodies back in the late 90s. Those things ruled the road back then and the Mustang was a 215HP 4.6l joke.

...that being said the Coyote 5.0 is HUGE. Thats one thing the LS blocks have on it. They are tiny and light in comparison which is why you see them in things like Miatas.

Ill try to dig up pics of a friends LS3 Miata later.

Yeah it is the lightest pony car but it is still a pig. 32-3300 lbs should be the cut off for a sports car. Cars just keep getting fatter and fatter. Its a damn shame.

tranceporter,

lwien

Very nice Pappy. Very nice..........

Rusnak, eh? You must live out in my neck of the woods.

lwien,
Reactions: Pappy

Pappy

shmaporist
Very nice Pappy. Very nice..........

Rusnak, eh? You must live out in my neck of the woods.
Hi L... I'm in L.A. Correctomundo, wouldn't send my worst enemy to Rusnak. But they had a M Sport with all the options I wanted for a price I couldn't beat so I dibzed the car sight unseen.

@DrPiff Estoril Blue is one of the features that sold me. It's exclusive to the M Sport.

Pappy,

lwien

Hi L... I'm in L.A. Correctomundo, wouldn't send my worst enemy to Rusnak. But they had a M Sport with all the options I wanted for a price I couldn't beat so I dibzed the car sight unseen.

@DrPiff Estoril Blue is one of the features that sold me. It's exclusive to the M Sport.

Very nice. Yeah, I've heard bad things about Rusnak myself. Got all of mine at Nick Alexanders. Fuck, I can still feel going over those potholes on Alameda to get to the service bays. lol Made me wince every time I hit one of those. It was like driving on the moon.

lwien,
Top Bottom