• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

blackstone

Bermuda:

They mention that one last old stumbling block heard everywhere else, about legalisation attempts being inconsistent with obligations to the UN (to prevent drug trafficking and crime), but at least they are talking about finding a way forward on it, while still complying with these obligations.
AFAIK Canada are a UN country who went legal, and Germany are UN and going legal soon. Maybe there are others.

South Africa:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

C No Ego

even that F'ng article ios calling it Marijuana which is not even a plant ... talk about no one knowing shit about anything LOL

Planck

believes in Dog
Well I don't like the cut of their jib at SD, not that fond of the study either <link here>.

Shit like this;
"Overall, cannabis products are generally more available to youth as more states allow legalized use for adults, although the impact of these laws on youth cannabis use remains inconsistent and generally null.31-36 Indeed, adolescent cannabis vaping prevalence is higher in some states with legalized cannabis for adults.37"

Lots of this sort of nonsense.

Science Daily features other hard hitting studies such as Everyone Eats Three Extra Cheeseburgers a Day Than They Admit, Study Shows

:rofl:

C No Ego

florduh

Well I don't like the cut of their jib at SD, not that fond of the study either <link here>.

Shit like this;
"Overall, cannabis products are generally more available to youth as more states allow legalized use for adults, although the impact of these laws on youth cannabis use remains inconsistent and generally null.31-36 Indeed, adolescent cannabis vaping prevalence is higher in some states with legalized cannabis for adults.37"

Lots of this sort of nonsense.

Science Daily features other hard hitting studies such as Everyone Eats Three Extra Cheeseburgers a Day Than They Admit, Study Shows

:rofl:

Examining these patterns across recent historical time remains relevant, however, given substantial increases in the proportion of adolescents who only vape (do not use substances in combustible forms)22 and the rapid deceleration in the prevalence of alcohol, opioid and amphetamine and other non-cannabis psychoactive substance use

I hope the clickbait news site that cover this study present it as very good news. Replacing alcohol, nicotine, amphetamines, and opioids with cannabis is a major net positive for public health.

Also my guess is most of the youth vaping they're referring to involves pre-filed cartridges. You know, the things that are supposed to be incredibly deadly. If that type of vaping has seen a "major uptick", where are all the bodies? Haven't heard shit since the height of the EVALI scare years ago. And even during that period I'd bet there were still more alcohol poisoning deaths than lung injury deaths.

JBone65

There probably is some truth in this story, the cartridge vaping business appears to be booming.

Personally, I'm suspicious of the carrying fluid in all cartridge pens, including pure cannabis oil. It's not present in flower vaping or combustion, and it's potentially more damaging to lungs than currently thought. Hopefully not, but the fact that combustion doesn't appear to be lethal means nothing when it comes to breathing oil. There is also the issue of less-scrupulous manufacturers using prohibited and other harmful chemicals. I suspect black marketers have learned just enough to continue raking in the dough without adhering to standards, maybe they change formulas just enough to avoid immediately killing teenagers. Who knows what long term problems will result?

The main problem I see with the study is that it doesn't mention or differentiate flower vapers from cartridge pen vapers. Vaping straight flower is obviously healthier. If the regulations say: "No Vaping " then we have a problem. If the regulation lists prohibit ingredients, no big deal.

I'm a flower guy thru and thru. I bought one cartridge pen. The kick in the chest makes it seem stronger than it is. I also found that it interfered with my enjoyment of my old grasshopper io.:leaf::myday:

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is why I only buy concentrates from dispensaries. For the most part that is all I buy from dispensaries, tho I did pick up some gummies to try on my last visit. At least the dispensaries are requires to test for "purity" and potency where the BM has literally no controls at all. Not all testing facilities do a good job, of course, but at least they are required to try. The price of flower keeps me seeing my guy anyway...

JBone65

I guess i dont see the "obvious".

Could you explain further? Maybe a link to relavent studies?
Couldn't find much technical info addressing the health effects related to vaping flower. Found some that almost get there but stop short, like the following article.

Maybe technical authors that want to be employed know better than to say anything positive about weed. Can't prove it, and there are no guarantees in life, but it's obvious to me. I consider vaping herb a lot "healthier" than smoking herb or using oil pens. I don't know much about dabbing.:o

Edit: Off topic but this causes me to wonder how many regular oil pen users frequent this site. I assumed we're all flower abusers.

Last edited:

C No Ego

Couldn't find much technical info addressing the health effects related to vaping flower. Found some that almost get there but stop short, like the following article.

Maybe technical authors that want to be employed know better than to say anything positive about weed. Can't prove it, and there are no guarantees in life, but it's obvious to me. I consider vaping herb a lot "healthier" than smoking herb or using oil pens. I don't know much about dabbing.:o

Edit: Off topic but this causes me to wonder how many regular oil pen users frequent this site. I assumed we're all flower abusers.
most posts I see here are from people who vape with flower and have tried the pen vapes only to find them much harsher ... at least that seems the consensus , peole who have only used the pen vapes and carts have no reference otherwise to compare to and most likely are not members here

shredder

most posts I see here are from people who vape with flower and have tried the pen vapes only to find them much harsher ... at least that seems the consensus , peole who have only used the pen vapes and carts have no reference otherwise to compare to and most likely are not members here

I have no idea what people who post here prefer, i would guess herb, but i see more carts leaving dispensaries than herb. Especially the younger crowd, the older crowd seems to prefer gummies. Just my limited observation.

For me the order of preference is edibles>dabs>carts> herb but honestly i have not vaped herb in over a year, maybe two, my memory is hazy, and my issue is my lungs. YMMV.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
80 or 90% of my home use is flower. I do take an occasional dab or two. When out of the house I would say half of my use is carts and the other half flower. And I am using the carts for ease of use, not because I prefer them. It is nice to pull my uni pro out of my pocket, take a hit or two and them put it back in my pocket without anyone being the wiser.

Razhumikin

80 or 90% of my home use is flower. I do take an occasional dab or two. When out of the house I would say half of my use is carts and the other half flower. And I am using the carts for ease of use, not because I prefer them. It is nice to pull my uni pro out of my pocket, take a hit or two and them put it back in my pocket without anyone being the wiser.
Yea my use is 95% flower, although i have started enjoying the occasional twax bowl. I use carts and tincture occasionally when out of the house, but for convenience only. Flower is the form of vaping thats most pleasurable and fulfilling for me by far

florduh

I swear virtually everyone who shits on carts puffed on a distillate+fake veggie terps combo cart 6 years ago and bases all of their opinions on that single experience. A hash rosin cart tastes and feels like a dab. There's only hash rosin in the cart. There's cart hardware where the oil is only ever on contact with ceramic or glass.

For on the go use, nothing is gonna beat a good cart. My car key fob takes up more pocket space than my cart setup. In about 6 seconds I can enter the full spectrum hash/live rosin provides, and that includes the time it takes to remove it from my pocket and throw it back in. Can't do that with any flower vape or wax pen.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The only real downside to carts for me is that their concentration leads to tolerance issues for me because I tend to microdose my flower. I try to use as little concentrate as my needs will allow. I am not good at t-breaks.

I have a brother with CHS and he uses only flower now and often has to take t-breaks to avoid CHS induced nausea. His only other alternative would be to give up cannabis completely, which is the recourse advised by his physician, but he seems to be mostly able to manage his symptoms without completely giving it up. We'll see if that continues.

We of course don't yet know if people can be predisposed genetically to CHS or if it is a malady that can only occur due to using high concentrations of THC over long periods. Now that the malady is no longer a mystery, and the move towards cannabis acceptance has led to much more research, I am hopeful that we can learn more about this malady. In my case, even tho I fit the profile as a daily user for over 50 years, I tend more towards microdosing these days and I am hoping even if predisposed geneticly I may be able to avoid the problem. Time will tell...

Last edited:

florduh

The only real downside to carts for me is that their concentration leads to tolerance issues for me because I tend to microdose my flower. I try to use as little concentrate as my needs will allow. I am not good at t-breaks.

I hear that a lot. Personally, I think carts are great for titration, compared to trying to eye up a tiny dab. Just take little puffs until I get where I want to be, and then stop. My carts last a really long time. But I've seen enough posts on the oil pen reddit to know I'm probably in the minority. The ease of push button cannabinoids can make it easy to get carried way. I live in fear of tolerance though so I'm always going for the minimum effective dose.

shredder

Top Bottom