Cannabis News

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Thanks @Polarbearboy , I would read it but I've reached the end of my "free" articles from NYTimes. I still do the free Wordle and Mini Crossword every day!
Tried to read it, subscription required.

Can anyone get a grow license in NY or is it tightly controlled?
In NY, the first grow licenses have been issued just this year, I think maybe a couple of hundred so far?
But I know that the big companies have been busy prior, establishing hemp farms and such, to be converted.

After a structure for retail sales is established for a while, we will be able to grow at home (so, in a year or two...). Med card holders can grow now.

But on the streets it's canna from all over the country, in apparently very good supply.

I guess the next huge change will come when interstate commerce is legalized. I think some big canna is testing that in the courts now.

florduh

ht1rRSaO

Here We Go Again GIF

Ingraham began by claiming that “it was initially reported” that the 18-year-old gunman who killed 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School in Texas last week “was a user” but that The New York Times “mysteriously” removed that detail from an article.
“Why aren’t people in general not talking more about the pot psychosis–violent behavior connection?” Ingraham asked.

I don't know, Laura. Maybe people in general aren't as fucking stupid as you are. And that's saying a lot.

“My colleagues in Colorado,” Kamer continued, “are sounding the alarm because that was one of the first states to legalize. It’s practically a daily occurrence that kids come into the emergency rooms in florid, cannabis-induced psychosis.”

Big citation needed on that one. And "a buddy of mine said" doesn't count. Who is this dumbfuck?

Staying well away from any discussion of gun control, Ingraham had as a guest Dr. Russell Kamer, the medical director of Partners in Safety, a group that works with companies to provide drug tests for its employees, among other things.

There it is. Laura's "expert" has a financial interest in the scam employer drug testing industry. No wonder he says weed is a scourge that shouldn't be legalized. Employers need to keep paying to make sure their serfs don't get high on the weekend.

“People like Beto [O’Rourke]... they are fine with doing a run on the guns and I guess you could argue that if that’s what you want to do—try to get rid of the Second Amendment—but yet [they are] completely oblivious to what the legalization of marijuana has done and is doing to an entire generation of Americans with violent consequences,” Ingraham said.

Does this dummy not know that weed is very illegal for people of all ages in Texas? 18 year olds can't buy weed in most legalized States either. Even if I were to grant this theory that the shooter got hopped up on marijuana and decided to shoot up a school... what the fuck does this have to do with legalization? The kid bought weed illegally. The gun purchase was 100% legal though.

I think Laura is smart enough to know this is all bullshit. She's just sentient trash.

6OKFQFGQ5QKQ7YS66UWXCB2QNQ.jpg

C No Ego

The only real downside to carts for me is that their concentration leads to tolerance issues for me because I tend to microdose my flower. I try to use as little concentrate as my needs will allow. I am not good at t-breaks.

I have a brother with CHS and he uses only flower now and often has to take t-breaks to avoid CHS induced nausea. His only other alternative would be to give up cannabis completely, which is the recourse advised by his physician, but he seems to be mostly able to manage his symptoms without completely giving it up. We'll see if that continues.

We of course don't yet know if people can be predisposed genetically to CHS or if it is a malady that can only occur due to using high concentrations of THC over long periods. Now that the malady is no longer a mystery, and the move towards cannabis acceptance has led to much more research, I am hopeful that we can learn more about this malady. In my case, even tho I fit the profile as a daily user for over 50 years, I tend more towards microdosing these days and I am hoping even if predisposed geneticly I may be able to avoid the problem. Time will tell...
I'm coming from a completely different perspective, illegal state , no way to know WTF you are getting etc.... I have a pen vape and use it when oat'N a boat but have had a cart that was severely harsh , vitamin E acetate etc.... I've used one from someone I know and from a legit legal dispensary etc.... and that thing Choked the F out of me , gasping for air etc.... I've even had dry herb vape experiences that were harsh as well for whatever reason and try and avoid that

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I'm coming from a completely different perspective, illegal state , no way to know WTF you are getting etc.... I have a pen vape and use it when oat'N a boat but have had a cart that was severely harsh , vitamin E acetate etc.... I've used one from someone I know and from a legit legal dispensary etc.... and that thing Choked the F out of me , gasping for air etc.... I've even had dry herb vape experiences that were harsh as well for whatever reason and try and avoid that

Most people simply fire these cartridges way too hot which is where the harshness stems from. With the right battery it’s probably the most controlled vaping process.

I rarely fire carts over 2 volts. For reference sake, the very popular Ccell Palm battery, who is one of the biggest cartridge manufacturers around, fires at a fixed output of 4.2v.

The fastest way possible to a bad cart experience is with a hot battery.

C No Ego

Most people simply fire these cartridges way too hot which is where the harshness stems from. With the right battery it’s probably the most controlled vaping process.

I rarely fire carts over 2 volts. For reference sake, the very popular Ccell Palm battery, who is one of the biggest cartridge manufacturers around, fires at a fixed output of 4.2v.

yeah, I keep mine on the lowest setting for that very reason and so as not to waste it and keep more tolerance in check
meant to reply to @florduh in my other post in regards to illegal state and not knowing what we are getting over here ... oops

florduh

For reference sake, the very popular Ccell Palm battery, who is one of the biggest cartridge manufacturers around, fires at a fixed output of 4.2v.

Jesus. That's horrific. I don't think any cart should ever be hit with that much voltage. Some higher end extractors will offer their own branded battery that hits in the 1.8-2.0v range. Other than that you're pretty limited to Yocan offerings.

meant to reply to @florduh in my other post in regards to illegal state and not knowing what we are getting over here ... oops

I don't blame anyone in a prohibition State for not using carts. While I'm skeptical of some of the lab test results in legal States, I'll only buy carts from licensed dispos. Otherwise there's no knowing what's in the cart.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Jesus. That's horrific. I don't think any cart should ever be hit with that much voltage. Some higher end extractors will offer their own branded battery that hits in the 1.8-2.0v range. Other than that you're pretty limited to Yocan offerings.

I don't blame anyone in a prohibition State for not using carts. While I'm skeptical of some of the lab test results in legal States, I'll only buy carts from licensed dispos. Otherwise there's no knowing what's in the cart.

The thing that gets me is even living in Southern California’s vast cannabis market, most of the dispensaries still peddle these hot batteries. My buddy was looking to grab one recently and they didn’t have anything in the entire dispensary that fired under 2.6v. With these higher end carts I think it’s more of a big deal as there’s more to ruin.

I think what happens is a lot of people try and smoke their cart like an electronic joint.

florduh

The thing that gets me is even living in Southern California’s vast cannabis market, most of the dispensaries still peddle these hot batteries. My buddy was looking to grab one recently and they didn’t have anything in the entire dispensary that fired under 2.6v. With these higher end carts I think it’s more of a big deal as there’s more to ruin.

I think what happens is a lot of people try and smoke their cart like an electronic joint.

That helps explain why people say "I'm going through a cart a day!" and "they're jacking up my tolerance!". They're burning more oil than they need to and making their cart taste like shit to boot. Unfortunately extractors and dispensaries have every incentive to encourage users to burn through a cart a day. Only the higher end brands that understand taste is an important part of the process will go in another direction.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
ht1rRSaO

Here We Go Again GIF

I don't know, Laura. Maybe people in general aren't as fucking stupid as you are. And that's saying a lot.

Big citation needed on that one. And "a buddy of mine said" doesn't count. Who is this dumbfuck?

There it is. Laura's "expert" has a financial interest in the scam employer drug testing industry. No wonder he says weed is a scourge that shouldn't be legalized. Employers need to keep paying to make sure their serfs don't get high on the weekend.

Does this dummy not know that weed is very illegal for people of all ages in Texas? 18 year olds can't buy weed in most legalized States either. Even if I were to grant this theory that the shooter got hopped up on marijuana and decided to shoot up a school... what the fuck does this have to do with legalization? The kid bought weed illegally. The gun purchase was 100% legal though.

I think Laura is smart enough to know this is all bullshit. She's just sentient trash.

6OKFQFGQ5QKQ7YS66UWXCB2QNQ.jpg
Ingraham should watch Reefer Madness, a lot of good material for her there.

Interesting, as most distillate carts do make me cough. Been using a CCell Palm. (Live Resin somewhat less harsh than others, and availability for me to date has been near nil for rosin carts).

Question, can I put a cart on my Box mod (say, a Sinuous P80) in wattage mode and just set to 2w? This should have occurred to me by now, but...I knew nothing of Box Mods until I had a Splinter...

Sorry folks, for wandering down an OT path...

JBone65

There's no question that black marketers and some legal manufacturers will use less expensive chemicals and/or easier unapproved processes in order to make mo' money.

Haven't taken a hard look but I doubt anyone can tell the difference between a good one and a bad one, especially if it's offered in a social setting.

I bought my first a couple of months ago only because a Tulsa company had nice young ladies giving away free hits in a dispensary parking lot (smelled it riding by on my scooter... like a moth to a flame). Anyway it was supposedly 100% cannabis and on sale.

I enjoyed it, but didn't seem to enjoy my grasshopper io as much while this was around. Always kept it on the minimum setting and got small hits.

The "punch" in the chest can't be a good thing IMO. It's similar to a joint in some ways, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. Whenever I let a cartridge user try my grasshopper io, they say "I'm not sure I'm getting a hit" and waste it trying to see it. Ultimately, I enjoy the habit more if I just stick with my grasshopper and focus on what matters; i.e. maximum psychoactive compounds ingestion.

I now read that 100% cannabis oil might not mean want I thought. Personally, I'm concerned that a light coat of supposedly pure cannabis oil 10-20 times a day potentially could have negative consequences down the road. It's different than vaping herb from a health impact standpoint and long term effects are yet to be seen.

Finally, some supposedly pure manufacturers could; easily make a mistake, cut corners to survive, be black marketers in disguise, etc. I just wanna grow my own pure strains and vape the hell out of it.

Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: shredder

C No Ego

There's no question that black marketers and some legal manufacturers will use less expensive chemicals and/or easier unapproved processes in order to make mo' money.

Haven't taken a hard look but I doubt anyone can tell the difference between a good one and a bad one, especially if it's offered in a social setting.

I bought my first a couple of months ago only because a Tulsa company had nice young ladies giving away free hits in a dispensary parking lot (smelled it riding by on my scooter... like a moth to a flame). Anyway it was supposedly 100% cannabis and on sale.

I enjoyed it, but didn't seem to enjoy my grasshopper io as much while this was around. Always kept it on the minimum setting and got small hits.

The "punch" in the chest can't be a good thing IMO. It's similar to a joint in some ways, and that's what I'm trying to avoid. Whenever I let a cartridge user try my grasshopper io, they say "I'm not sure I'm getting a hit" and waste it trying to see it. Ultimately, I enjoy the habit more if I just stick with my grasshopper and focus on what matters; i.e. maximum psychoactive compounds ingestion.

I now read that 100% cannabis oil might not mean want I thought. Personally, I'm concerned that a light coat of supposedly pure cannabis oil 10-20 times a day potentially could have negative consequences down the road. It's different than vaping herb from a health impact standpoint and long term effects are yet to be seen.

Finally, some supposedly pure manufacturers could; easily make a mistake, cut corners to survive, be black marketers in disguise, etc. I just wanna grow my own pure strains and vape the hell out of it.
if the cart is really runny when you tip it one direction or another it is the overly diluted with who knows what in it .. cannabis oil alone is really thick and will have some type of diluting agent to make it more vapable in those pen vapes

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Ingraham should watch Reefer Madness, a lot of good material for her there.

Interesting, as most distillate carts do make me cough. Been using a CCell Palm. (Live Resin somewhat less harsh than others, and availability for me to date has been near nil for rosin carts).

Question, can I put a cart on my Box mod (say, a Sinuous P80) in wattage mode and just set to 2w? This should have occurred to me by now, but...I knew nothing of Box Mods until I had a Splinter...

Sorry folks, for wandering down an OT path...

You can absolutely run it on your box mod, just start very low and work your way up til you find your ideal power setting.

Another issue with the CCell batteries is they are inhale activated so you can’t pulse it either. I guess you could do cigar puffs?

That’s because the grasshopper is convection and the cartridge is conduction. By the time the vapor starts flowing with the GH, most pen users would already be done with their inhale.

It's different than vaping herb from a health impact standpoint and long term effects are yet to be seen.

You realize those cannabis oils all come
from the flower, right?

Just like when you eat an olive, olive oil doesn’t come gushing out between your teeth. But it doesn’t mean the olive oil isn’t there.

if the cart is really runny when you tip it one direction or another it is the overly diluted with who knows what in it .. cannabis oil alone is really thick and will have some type of diluting agent to make it more vapable in those pen vapes

Unfortunately that’s older advice - you really can’t tell by the viscosity, terpy clean oils can be very runny. And diluted concentrates could be thickened with other additives.

JBone65

You realize those cannabis oils all come
from the flower, right?
I read that it comes from the flower, in theory and is extracted with alcohol which is then cooked off. I also read that some manufacturers are substituting hemp oil and skirting the rules. As it understand it, the regulations vary from state to state. I'm guessing most manufacturers still add terpenes, which may or may not be safe. In the best case, it feels like several times as much oil as you get vaping herb, directly in the lungs, for years on end. This stuff is available locally dirt cheap, lots of gullible folks out there. These are just my opinions, not intended to upset anyone.

IMG-20220601-115844.png

Last edited:
JBone65,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I read that it comes from the flower, in theory and is extracted with alcohol which is then cooked off. I also read that some manufacturers are substituting hemp oil and skirting the rules. As it understand it, the regulations vary from state to state. I'm guessing most manufacturers still add terpenes, which may or may not be safe. In the best case, it feels like several times as much oil as you get vaping herb, directly in the lungs, for years on end. This stuff is available locally dirt cheap, lots of gullible folks out there. These are just my opinions, not intended to upset anyone.

IMG-20220601-115844.png

If your conceened about health and safety, you can empty that $8 cart and use it in edibles. More bang for your $8 and safer. 917 mg goes a long way, lots of doses in that. If fact thirty 30.5mg doses. A steal at $8.

And for those who ate a questionable edible one time and formed a negative opinion, make your own. They're way better and cheaper than dispensary edibles made with distilate, and you control the dose.

For those who mostly enjoy the herbol buzz, eat your herbs. Capsules made with buds pretty much mimick the vaping buzz of those same buds.

Same for eating oils and rosin. The buzz is like vaping the same.

The cons are it takes a little effort to make your own, the buzz takes longer (but also lasts longer), figuring out your dosage takes a while, and what do you do with that drawer (closet, shelves, rooms) full of vapes? lol.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
You guys really are the wild west out there in OK. With so much product available how can anyone make any money? I have bought empty carts for that price. There is no question that there will be shortcuts taken if being profitable is so difficult. Be careful what you buy.

And BTW, the going price for a 1g cart here is about $80 before 35%+ in taxes. 10 times your price.

JBone65

You guys really are the wild west out there in OK. With so much product available how can anyone make any money? I have bought empty carts for that price. There is no question that there will be shortcuts taken if being profitable is so difficult. Be careful what you buy.

And BTW, the going price for a 1g cart here is about $80 before 35%+ in taxes. 10 times your price.
I don't know what the average price is. I paid $30 for the one I bought (supposedly pure) then I saw the same thing for $20 a few days later.

Can't argue with the convenience of cartridges, just love vaping raw herb.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Yeah, I only use the carts when I can't (or it's too inconvenient to) use flower.

Here is a link he might find helpful.
Just FYI my brother HAD read that article but it was a year or more ago and there are many more comments on it now. He had not been inclined to try it before, but he has now ordered some from Amazon and will give it a try. So thanks for the reminder...

JBone65

I swear virtually everyone who shits on carts puffed on a distillate+fake veggie terps combo cart 6 years ago and bases all of their opinions on that single experience. A hash rosin cart tastes and feels like a dab. There's only hash rosin in the cart. There's cart hardware where the oil is only ever on contact with ceramic or glass.

For on the go use, nothing is gonna beat a good cart. My car key fob takes up more pocket space than my cart setup. In about 6 seconds I can enter the full spectrum hash/live rosin provides, and that includes the time it takes to remove it from my pocket and throw it back in. Can't do that with any flower vape or wax pen.
My io performs anywhere anytime like a cart, although a little extra time is required to clean, load and charge it. Just to test the theory, I've gotten several fine hits at 80 mph on my bike. However, you can't buy an io anymore. Nothing else compares that I'm aware of, especially with the 220°-430°F range, but every portable vaporizer manufacturer should try to match the io's performance if they wanna become the leader.

Personally, I believe vaporized raw herb gives a better (sharper) buzz, tastes better, is half the price, and is potentially less harmful, plus there's an amazing array of strains to try everywhere you look.

My friend (for 47 years) saw a pulmonologist yesterday. He would only say that he's thru with carts, vapor and combustion, and is going 100% to edibles from now on. I've been trying to get him to switch from carts to raw herb for years. Even bought him a blue Ti grasshopper but he only used it a couple of months until it plugged up (I suspect).

This brings up a slightly different subject which might be interesting to some. I've known that I've been overindulging for awhile now. I found myself with an amazing io in the middle of a cheap weed explosion, and my usage doubled just in the past year. Listening to my buddy reminded me that I've been somewhat out of control with it.

As of today I'm experimenting with reduced usage. I've known for awhile that the less weed I consume, the more intense the buzz.

The grandkids are here, have been busy. Didn't use any after 7-8 pm last night. I got one hit with my coffee this morning, it was the 8th hit on a 0.2 g load from yesterday. It hit me just right. I was talking to myself within 10 minutes and I'm still fried >3 hours later. For me, this might be a workable alternative to micro-dosing and T-breaks. Use less and enjoy more, in theory.

Comments? Sorry for the long post.

Edit: Just got hit #9, after 3 hr and 20 min. Excellent results.

Last edited:

florduh

My io performs anywhere anytime like a cart, although a little extra time is required to clean, load and charge it. Just to test the theory, I've gotten several fine hits at 80 mph on my bike. However, you can't buy an io anymore. Nothing else compares that I'm aware of, especially with the 220°-430°F range, but every portable vaporizer manufacturer should try to match the io's performance if they wanna become the leader.

Personally, I believe vaporized raw herb gives a better (sharper) buzz, tastes better, is half the price, and is potentially less harmful, plus there's an amazing array of strains to try everywhere you look.

My friend (for 47 years) saw a pulmonologist yesterday. He would only say that he's thru with carts, vapor and combustion, and is going 100% to edibles from now on. I've been trying to get him to switch from carts to raw herb for years. Even bought him a blue Ti grasshopper but he only used it a couple of months until it plugged up (I suspect).

This brings up a slightly different subject which might be interesting to some. I've known that I've been overindulging for awhile now. I found myself with an amazing io in the middle of a cheap weed explosion, and my usage doubled just in the past year. Listening to my buddy reminded me that I've been somewhat out of control with it.

As of today I'm experimenting with reduced usage. I've known for awhile that the less weed I consume, the more intense the buzz.

The grandkids are here, have been busy. Didn't use any after 7-8 pm last night. I got one hit with my coffee this morning, it was the 8th hit on a 0.2 g load from yesterday. It hit me just right. I was talking to myself within 10 minutes and I'm still fried >3 hours later. For me, this might be a workable alternative to micro-dosing and T-breaks. Use less and enjoy more, in theory.

Comments? Sorry for the long post.

Edit: Just got hit #9, after 3 hr and 20 min. Excellent results.

Good carts down here in the Free State cost at least $65 a half gram for the "good stuff". Specifically, live rosin carts. There's nothing but rosin in the carts. No need for added terps, because the rosin itself is terpy enough. They're expensive, so I only use them in circumstances where I need to quickly, or discretely medicate. To me, they feel pretty close to dry herb. But the extractor did some of the work before I go to vaporize it.

There are circumstances where I'll use a portable herb vape out of the house. But in most of the cases, a good cart is much more convenient. The discretion factor is a big part of it. You can ghost a cart hit almost anywhere. Even airplanes. The other factor is pocket space. If I'm going somewhere I'll want to medicate, unless I'm bringing a bag, I'm opting for a cart.

You need to have access to a trustworthy extractor though. But that's the same as buying any concentrate.

Totally agree on shooting for the minimum effective dose. I want to use cannabis for life so I don't want to burn out my noid receptors or lungs.

florduh

Fox News has been the biggest pusher of prohibitionist propaganda for decades now. It's the most watched news network on the planet. Probably not a good thing if you're a cannabis enjoyer.

Also, kind of rich for Ingraham to be talking about linking things to "violent psychosis" given that a week or two ago a guy shot like a dozen people and left behind a manifesto that read like a script from one of her or Tucker's Carlson's shows.

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Fox news is a plague on the country. It is the source of much if not most of the propaganda and extreme rhetoric that people use to divide America. They take advantage of our freedoms to literally use them against us. The fact that they are owned and operated by a family of criminal billionaires who are not Americans is one of the most destructive aspects of our greatest strength, the ability to speak freely no matter who you are, what you have to say and how loud your voice is. And money amplifies voices, destructive or not. Unlike the lie that more guns is the answer to our gun problems, the only solution to evil or destructive speech telling lies is MORE speech telling the truth. Sadly you can't make folks listen.

This week starts the American governments effort to speak the truth as loudly and openly as it can. The January 6th committee will get it's last chance to speak the truth about the Republican attempt to take over our country in a violent coup d'état. Fox news will do whatever it can to disparage and interfere with that effort. It will be up to Americans whether or not they are willing to listen, and if they are, to do something about it. It will be up to the rest of the media, the ones that used to serve America, to amplify the truth and shove Fox News in the toilet where they belong. We will soon learn which side the media is actually on. It could be America's last chance. It's a frightening place to have to put our trust.

Top Bottom