• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

jbm

Given recent news, if the same bill substituted "cocaine" for "marijuana," their "deep doubts" would vanish in an instant.

florduh

Aren't these the fucking "yee-yee LAW AND ORDER" motherfuckers? Personally, I think our entire legal system is just a way to abuse poor people. A complete farce top to bottom. But these fucks actually believe in this fantasy that we're a "nation of laws". So why vote to keep this untenable "weed is legal, but actually not" shit going?

The options are: legalize, do a crackdown on every State with legal cannabis, or allow our legal system to continue to look like a farce. Most Republicans are opting for the third option. "LAW AND ORDER" lol.

florduh

What a garbage newspaper. "Some Republican support" means 2 votes out of 220. Every other Republican voted against the last viable Federal legalization path we're likely to see for the next 8-10 years.

Unfortunately, Biden and the Senate are the wall.

It's the Senate. Barring a miracle, it won't get to 60 votes. Biden is one of the monsters behind the '94 crime bill and a lifelong Drug Warrior. But I doubt he'd have the balls to veto a legalization bill passed through both chambers.

"Mr. Speaker. I know addiction. I'm a pharmacist. I personally killed over 5,000 Americans with OxyCOdone!"

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

JBone65

It's only fair. I tried smoking seeds when I was 14 in 1969. It didn't work:D

C No Ego

quote " “Accordingly, marihuana seed that has a delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol concentration of not more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis meets the definition of ‘hemp’ and thus is not controlled under the CSA,” Terrence L. Boos, chief of DEA”s Drug & Chemical Evaluation Section wrote in the letter, dated January 6. “Conversely, marihuana seed having a delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol concentration more than 0.3 percent on a dry weight basis is controlled in schedule I under the CSA as marihuana.” unquote

WTF is a MariHuana seed ??!! it is Fucking cannabis plant , all seeds are cannabis plant seeds ... the fucking psychopaths making up this Shit ...

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
From today's NY Times Wellness section:

I must admit that I've been driving while stoned for more than 50 years. I've probably driven well over a hundred thousand miles stoned. Mostly a long-distance driving thing. Had a couple of scary experiences when I also smoked cigarettes and got whirly stoned, but that was mostly 30-40 years ago. Never had an accident while driving stoned, knock on wood. I tend to be more cautious when high in part because of fear of the coppers and in part knowing that I'm stoned and therefore being more careful.

Last edited:

JBone65

I must admit that I've been driving while stoned for more than 50 years. I've probably driven well over a hundred thousand miles stoned. Mostly a long-distance driving thing. Had a couple of scary experiences when I also smoked cigarettes and got whirly stoned, but that was mostly 30-40 years ago. Never had an accident while driving stoned, knock on wood. I tend to be more cautious when high in part because of fear of the coppers and in part knowing that I'm stoned and therefore being more careful.
Same here. My "normal" state is stoned, have indulged 50+ years, etc. I enjoy the grasshopper io while driving to this day.

I should mention that I also used to drink and drive, so my judgement is questionable. Fortunately, society and my judgement are changing. Also I don't drink much anymore.

ugotmale

The Flowery Family Cannabis Business in FL

Though the small-scale company has been rapidly growing in the past few years — from a single employee to roughly 60, and from a 6,000-square-foot, environmentally-controlled indoor facility to one more than 15 times that size — it has managed to remain mindful of its roots. The company continues to hand-deliver products, including marijuana flower, prerolls, and kief, to patients' homes across the state, from northeast Florida to the keys. The company has prided itself on producing high-quality goods locally, and not relying on backing from large corporations.

For those with a FL MedCard they deliver

Last edited:

JBone65

Have been getting great deals lately, maybe too good. All of the weed I've bought lately has looked and smelled surprisingly good, but it's not as good as what I bought in the 2013-2019 timeframe. I'm guessing the out of control Oklahoma market has produced a massive amount of outdoor weed, greenhouse weed and weed grown by everyone other than talented individuals. I think I've purchased greenhouse weed unknowingly.

Weed might be ideal for a craft industry. Killer weed can be grown in a small indoor operation. It costs a little more to grow for quality but it's relatively cheap and it gets amazing results. Every pothead appreciates better weed

The best thing about deregulation IMO is that individuals are free to grow their own super premium. We can have our own craft hobby.

In the meantime, I'm gonna try to rely on reputable outlets that charge a little more but have documented (fully-tested) weed. It's easy to find something that smells great for $100/oz but it'll be undocumented and will end up wondering where it came from.

The article isn't great. It serves to point out that small growers with only 30000 - 50000 sqft consider themselves craft growers these days. Yikes!

Edit: I wonder what percentage of the 9000 licensed growers here are big corporations, growers from another state, "home grown" growers, criminals (gangs, families, wannabes), quality craft growers, etc. I'm guessing tons are growing at this time. Who knows which markets will be impacted.

Last edited:

florduh

The Flowery Family Cannabis Business in FL

Though the small-scale company has been rapidly growing in the past few years — from a single employee to roughly 60, and from a 6,000-square-foot, environmentally-controlled indoor facility to one more than 15 times that size — it has managed to remain mindful of its roots. The company continues to hand-deliver products, including marijuana flower, prerolls, and kief, to patients' homes across the state, from northeast Florida to the keys. The company has prided itself on producing high-quality goods locally, and not relying on backing from large corporations.

For those with a FL MedCard they deliver

Thanks for reminding me about these guys. They're literally the only non-corporate owned dispensary in Floriduh. And they had to fight really hard to break through the corruption and open. It's amazing that after moving to the Free State, I only have access to corporate chain restaurants and corporate chain dispensaries. Small businesses need not apply.

Like pretty much everything else down here, the cannabis industry is corrupt as fuck...

Back in 2016, an agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) secretly recorded Tallahassee developer J.T. Burnette — who has since married Kim Rivers, CEO of the multimillion-dollar Florida-based cannabis giant Trulieve — boasting that he and his childhood friend, then-Florida house member Halsey Beshears (R-Monticello), cordoned off access to commercial cannabis licenses by tweaking a cannabis bill signed into law in 2014 that governed the state's then-fledgling medical marijuana industry.

See, something Yankees don't understand about the Free State is, we believe in a little something called "the rule of Law". Meaning if you can afford to buy Lawmakers, you get to rule.

The bill mandated that licenses only be granted to nurseries with a 30-year-history in the state and the ability to post a $5 million bond. This was an advantage to Burnette's then-girlfriend, Rivers, and to Beshears' brother, Thad Beshears, who sits on Trulieve's board of directors and co-owns Simpson Nurseries (which was founded in 1902).

LOL, we're all about the "free market" down here. That's why the government demands a $5 million bribe to start a cannabis business. Oh, you also need the cash to buy out a 30+ year old nursery before you can open. Freedom!

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
Tonight(Wed.) on PBS Nova series at 9:00pm(and other times):

The Cannabis Question

"Cannabis contains chemicals which mimic ones found in our brain. One is THC, which produces the high associated with pot use. Another, called CBD, shows promise for treating seizures, addiction, and insomnia. NOVA joins scientists and experts around the country. What risks does cannabis pose to the developing adolescent brain? Does heavy cannabis use impair intelligence, increase psychosis, or even put future generations at risk for addiction? As cannabis becomes socially accepted, scientists are racing to understand the long-term health consequences."

JBone65

Lilac-Diesel-4-14-22.jpg

I sometimes squawk about the out of control weed industry in Oklahoma.

Check this Lilac Diesel sativa I got today for $41/oz out the door. They had just sold out of the $25/oz Alaskan Thunderfuck so I had to pay more.

It was a nice day so I rode the scooter. Passed 10-15 dispensaries on the 5 mile trip. I smelled the place before I got there, there was a booth giving free tastes in the parking lot. Mango Cannabis had 20+ varieties, all appeared to be in excellent condition. In fact, the top shelf strains didn't look any better, and there was no pesky paperwork, soI just assumed the top shelf strains were overpriced at $85/oz.:D

Surprisingly sweet with an odd mix of terpenes. Smells like oranges and cookies when grinding. The market probably should collapse with over 9000+ growers and 2000+ dispensaries, maybe the U.S. market.

JBone65

That's the actual number in Oklahoma. It's truly out of control. The state never set up any sort of capable regulatory control, they just learned how to collect $100 and print licenses, now they're trying to play catch up. Supposedly international gangs are growing here, where its mostly legal, for export.

This article is 6-7 months is but the situation is no better today.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Top Bottom