• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

florduh

A few billion from the Sacklers for a fund would be nice as well. Frankly I would be good with jail for them as well, but they wouldn't even notice a few billion to help some of the folks they got their money addicting. I will never be able to accept that they got to walk away with most of their money...

Yep. They killed half a million Americans. More than were killed in WW2. Destroyed millions of lives. And they got away with almost all of their money. They didn't fight the fines and judgements against Purdue. But they immediately started laundering money out of the company. Then they used the judges and politicians they bought with their blood money to shield themselves from personally paying. So, too bad to their victims.

If you can get away with that level of crime, I'm not sure why we're pretending this is a real country with laws and rules.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Illinois market is shite compared to others, but it is at least full legal access.

It needs time to develop there.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: florduh

ugotmale

Producing Cannabis Biomass Without Growing A Cannabis Plant

The biomass is made of cannabis cells, including trichome cells containing cannabinoids such as CBD and THC, as well as other compounds that are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant. In addition, Sobel explained, these trichome cells “are amalgamated in a proprietary high density coral-shaped structure that enables a trichome density (number of trichomes per unit surface) of up to 200 times greater than the conventional agriculture case.”

“The legal cannabis industry has been waiting for this moment as many of the challenges it has faced are being resolved using BioHarvest’s technology and capabilities,” said BioHarvest CEO Ilan Sobel. “With this milestone, we are ready to engage with the vibrant global Cannabis industry for the right partnerships ahead of the introduction of our new Cannabis products.”

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

ugotmale

“High recovery of total THC" … by dabbing cannot be achieved by smoking cannabis

Researchers looked at how efficiently lungs absorb cannabinoids when dabbing concentrates vs. smoking cannabis flower in a joint. They found that when you smoke a joint, your THC absorption ranged from about 12-27%, depending on the quality of your cannabis flowers. But when you dab, you get about 75.5% absorption of THC.

The study notes that the efficiency gap between smoking and dabbing is probably even more significant than the numbers indicate. When smoking a joint, “further losses in recovery must be assumed by additional sidestream smoke.”

blackstone

Somebody has gotten very serious about "reclaim"!
No lie, I actually like reclaim and I always really wanted to do similar to this, on a small scale (with your own vape) but I had only considered basic condensation methods.
I'm sure this turns out better than what we know as reclaim though.

We need to see or experience this part:
"The process starts by acting similarly to a giant digital vaporizer, heating biomass to generate vapor."

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
“High recovery of total THC" … by dabbing cannot be achieved by smoking cannabis

Researchers looked at how efficiently lungs absorb cannabinoids when dabbing concentrates vs. smoking cannabis flower in a joint. They found that when you smoke a joint, your THC absorption ranged from about 12-27%, depending on the quality of your cannabis flowers. But when you dab, you get about 75.5% absorption of THC.

The study notes that the efficiency gap between smoking and dabbing is probably even more significant than the numbers indicate. When smoking a joint, “further losses in recovery must be assumed by additional sidestream smoke.”

I imagine vaping flower is much closer to the dab stats than combusting. Few particulates and all that...

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer

“We herein investigated the decarboxylation rate of THCA during artificial smoking of cannabis plant material and simulated dabbing, and the lung availability of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which we define as the recovery of THC in the smoke and vapor condensates.”

Why would you define lung absorption as something that it’s not lol? They basically got a 100% recovery/efficiency rate from the dab? 75% THC is what the label on the dispensary box says.

It’s baseless to equate a water cooled laboratory condenser to the absorption of the human alveoli.

“Lung availability ranged from 12% for mixed cannabis material with a rather low THC content, to approximately 19–27% for marijuana flowers,”

AKA weed with more THC has more THC than weed with less THC

They found in the old S&B Volcano studies that on average 35% of inhaled THC was donated to the vape gods on exhale. With dabs you could correlate that it’s at least that high, but probably higher from faster vaporization process and absorption misunderstandings. And that doesn’t even include half of the THC condensing in a recycling water bong.

Anyways, back to my hole in the ground. :wave::rip:

Last edited:

JBone65

I imagine vaping flower is much closer to the dab stats than combusting. Few particulates and all that...
Agreed, in theory.

However, I'm guessing actual flower vaping efficiency varies significantly from device to device, and from user to user.

It could come down to the cost per hit. I'm currently getting around 15-20 heavy vape hits per day for around $0.07/hit.

ugotmale

Just say no to cannabis as Schedule I drug​

President Biden and Congress have many pressing issues before them, but this administration like those which have preceded it since 1970 continue to perpetuate the absurd and heinous policy of classifying cannabis as a Schedule I drug.

One of the main reasons for classifying it at the top of the narcotics schedule is the federal government’s contention that marijuana has NO medical benefits and is among drugs (LSD, Ecstasy, peyote and heroin) with the greatest potential for abuse. Among drugs considered a lower risk (Schedule II) are the recent headline-grabbing and deadly narcotics: methamphetamine and fentanyl! This makes a mockery of the federal government’s drug classification system.

The FDA and DEA run roughshod over the pot issue, perpetuating federal laws that conflict with state laws and hinder legitimate research into the medical benefits of cannabis. Thirty-six states, including New Mexico, have legalized medical marijuana, touting the drug’s many healing benefits in treating epilepsy, autism and other ailments. New Mexico, too, is among 15 states that have legalized the sale and consumption of cannabis, and in many cases, enacted legislation to expunge criminal records for pot “crimes” that have disproportionately impacted people of color for decades.

What is driving this continued, antiquated abuse of federal power that lacks any credibility whatsoever? How many people have you heard of or read about who died from a marijuana overdose? Zero. How about those dying from Schedule II drug fentanyl or engaged in a ruinous meth-using lifestyle? Tens of thousands!

It's time for this administration to end this shameless, sham classification of cannabis. Last December, the House passed bipartisan legislation to do just that but the Senate never did. Biden says he supports decriminalization, but not federally legalizing pot. The War on Drugs is over. We lost. Just say ‘No’ to this laughable system.

C No Ego

Just say no to cannabis as Schedule I drug​

President Biden and Congress have many pressing issues before them, but this administration like those which have preceded it since 1970 continue to perpetuate the absurd and heinous policy of classifying cannabis as a Schedule I drug.

One of the main reasons for classifying it at the top of the narcotics schedule is the federal government’s contention that marijuana has NO medical benefits and is among drugs (LSD, Ecstasy, peyote and heroin) with the greatest potential for abuse. Among drugs considered a lower risk (Schedule II) are the recent headline-grabbing and deadly narcotics: methamphetamine and fentanyl! This makes a mockery of the federal government’s drug classification system.

The FDA and DEA run roughshod over the pot issue, perpetuating federal laws that conflict with state laws and hinder legitimate research into the medical benefits of cannabis. Thirty-six states, including New Mexico, have legalized medical marijuana, touting the drug’s many healing benefits in treating epilepsy, autism and other ailments. New Mexico, too, is among 15 states that have legalized the sale and consumption of cannabis, and in many cases, enacted legislation to expunge criminal records for pot “crimes” that have disproportionately impacted people of color for decades.

What is driving this continued, antiquated abuse of federal power that lacks any credibility whatsoever? How many people have you heard of or read about who died from a marijuana overdose? Zero. How about those dying from Schedule II drug fentanyl or engaged in a ruinous meth-using lifestyle? Tens of thousands!

It's time for this administration to end this shameless, sham classification of cannabis. Last December, the House passed bipartisan legislation to do just that but the Senate never did. Biden says he supports decriminalization, but not federally legalizing pot. The War on Drugs is over. We lost. Just say ‘No’ to this laughable system.

WE've essentially banned an essential nutrient , a source of essential fatty compounds ( lipids) .... after alcohol prohibition ended thre was an entire segment of GOV that had no job all of a sudden ... a deliberate effeort to pinpoint cannabis plant, rename to marijuana and then ban/ prohibit that in order to keep enforcement jobs active in GOV ... plus all the race issue shit too that neeed to keep some segment of the populace down and dirty in the eyes of everyone else and also , Big pharma was coming on board in a big way too only allowing their lab made concoctions as meds and do all they can to not support natural medication like plants .

JOHN GALT

I emailed that "letter" to as many US Senators that I could find email address' for, as well as Biden & Harris.

Not that I expect any action or a rescheduling of cannabis in my lifetime!

DillGaff

California marijuana companies warn of impending industry collapse​

Leading California cannabis companies warned Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday that the state's legal industry was on the verge of collapse and needed immediate tax cuts and a rapid expansion of retail outlets to steady the shaky marketplace.

The letter signed by more than two dozen executives, industry officials and legalization advocates followed years of complaints that the heavily taxed and regulated industry was unable to compete with the widespread illegal economy, where consumer prices are far lower and sales are double or triple the legal business.

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Tulum became a shit-hole instagram magnet... several persons I grew up with moved there for the lifestyle; it is completely fucking nuts. You will find many similar articles from the last 12-24 months. IMO one of the worst aspects of their party scene, in combination with poor infrastructure/plumbing, is all the drugs poisoning the waters/reefs.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: 1nd3cEnt

C No Ego

the taxes for cannabis are being based on previous harm scenarios of tobacco plant ... notice too that most all tests for cannabis in america are of the smoke type only , just like tobacco . were cannabis to be taxed based on the plant itself and not just how flammable and toxic that smoke is maybe they would lessen those taxes

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Just because people aren’t wasting their money at the dispensary doesn’t mean the market isn’t flourishing.

It’s called the free market. Free from 30% taxes, free from lining the pockets of corrupt politicians who sell our state right out from under us. Free from mandated lab tests that instill false confidence in mediocre-at-best products.

Every week they have theIr spin doctors at the media spin up some half-truth about why nobody is going to California dispensaries. Always trying to hide from the reality that the people have spoken, and they don’t want what they’re selling. That one from the other day about the “cartel” was even more pathetic and desperate. They have to fabricate a “terrorist” just to sell some weed, they need a Smolett to pimp their hemp 😂😂

JBone65

the taxes for cannabis are being based on previous harm scenarios of tobacco plant ... notice too that most all tests for cannabis in america are of the smoke type only , just like tobacco . were cannabis to be taxed based on the plant itself and not just how flammable and toxic that smoke is maybe they would lessen those taxes
The tax rate is 7% in Oklahoma, low by comparison. Supposedly medical only, but everyone who can fill out the form qualifies for a license. I usually buy the second tier weed for $100 -140/oz. Planning to resume the indoor hydroponic grow ASAP,. The license allows 8 large and 8 small plants. It's definitely the ideal way to maximize enjoyment and avoid recurring costs, including taxes. The terpenoid content of fresh hydro is usually much better than store bought (IMO). If my spouse would allow it, I'd grow a 12' tall bush outside every summer as well, just for fun. Some day.

Berzzerkker

Fintech CEO Takes on Perils of Banking for Cannabis Businesses​

The largest U.S. banks have stayed well away from the cannabis sector, as federal law still “prevents banks from banking cannabis businesses,” the American Bankers Association, a trade group, said in a letter sent this month to leading U.S. senators. Banks could be branded as money launderers should they handle proceeds from the sale of cannabis, the ABA has warned.

Other banking institutions maintain a more optimistic outlook. Regulatory guidance published in 2014 by the U.S. Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network on how to bank for cannabis businesses without running afoul of FinCEN’s rules gave a green light for some financial services entrepreneurs.

Berzzerkker,
Reactions: C No Ego
Top Bottom