• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

florduh

As to the VP, I'm not sure we can take ANY politician at her word. While I don't take a position on if she EVER used, there are some issues with her radio statement to have me doubt it. )

You're right. But imagine if one of these intern nerds told their White House interviewer he used to choom in college to seem cool. They still would've been fired. Yet their boss faces no consequences? That's the bullshit part.

I was about to lambast the media for not calling them on this shit, but it turns out a reporter asked the WH spokesperson a perfectly worded question. He even added the VP says "marijuana gives people joy".

That was fucking infuriating. The reporter's question was totally fair, so what's with the condescension? And I just love that her defense against this rank hypocrisy was "Well in the Obama Admin we were even HARDER on potheads who tried to work for us!" Obama? You mean the admitted leader of the choom gang? Jesus Christ...

I haven't been following the news much lately, so I'm glad to see the trend of every day being stupider than the one before is continuing unabated.

Last edited:

Tranquility

All things considered, I would bet big money that participation in this forum would be the death knell of a job in the Biden administration at this point. Especially for someone regularly contributing. I don't think that should be the case, but I'm sure it is.
All social media is about to get tracked for insurrectionists. I wonder how hard it would be to add cannabis to the data? Or, anything else the government doesn't much like? (Rioting in general? Completely legal protests? Bartering and taxes? Supporting any "wrongthink"?)

If you've recently proven yourself to the government by phone for your taxes/stimulus, you know how extensive their data bases linking to you are. EVERYTHING YOU POST is FOREVER and the government is going to start tracking officially. (Unofficially? The huge server farms of the NSA might be a guide.)

DHS Preparing to Use Private Contractors to “Scour Public Data and Social Media” To Compile Dissident Citizens for Watch List and No Fly Lists

DHS weighing major changes to fight domestic violent extremism, say officials
DHS is planning to expand its relationships with companies that scour public data for intelligence, one of the senior officials said, and also to better harness the vast trove of data it already collects on Americans, including travel and commercial data through Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the Coast Guard, the Secret Service and other DHS components.

I can smell the freedom already.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
All social media is about to get tracked for insurrectionists. I wonder how hard it would be to add cannabis to the data? Or, anything else the government doesn't much like? (Rioting in general? Completely legal protests? Bartering and taxes? Supporting any "wrongthink"?)
That was why as much as hate Trump, banning him from Twitter was a very undemocratic thing to do. No matter what he says, he was elected by public vote. A private company has no right to censor the president of the United States. Technically they may do, but that's not an excuse. And in any case if he has won the election it would had been well within his power to revoke Section 230. All these privately owned public forums have some rights but some responsibilities as well.
Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act was passed in 1996 and provides legal immunity to internet companies for content that is shared on their websites.
You can't have your pie and eat it too. If you start acting like the thoughtpolice then maybe those protections should be taken away.

C No Ego

PACT ACT ... will this kill the vaporizer industry ? I am seeing hardly nothing about this on the threads. will dry herb vaporizers escape the clutches of this vape mail Ban ? the fact we can vaporize White Sage in the vape escaopes the Regyulatoers I*';m sure,,, it is all Tobacco to them

C No Ego,
Reactions: arb

Mowjo

PACT ACT ... will this kill the vaporizer industry ? I am seeing hardly nothing about this on the threads. will dry herb vaporizers escape the clutches of this vape mail Ban ? the fact we can vaporize White Sage in the vape escaopes the Regyulatoers I*';m sure,,, it is all Tobacco to them
A few companies reacted pretty fast. PIU being one of them. And it looks like grasscity is doing something now too.

Interestingly Dynavap changed their wording and no longer calls them vaporizers but Thermal Extraction Devices (TEDs). I wonder how this is going to change the game.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

"Estate Blend"​

What is a ‘weed salad?’ Tips on cannabis cultivar blending

A “salad” is when you mix and smoke up two or more different strains of cannabis blended together in the same bowl.

For thousands of years, humans have cherished wine, whiskey, and coffee blends. Cannabis breeders certainly spend every day crossing the best of the new with the best of the old for an even better future.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Biden’s Opposition To Marijuana Legalization ‘Has Not Changed,’ Press Secretary Says

Asked whether the president supports efforts by Democratic senators to end federal cannabis prohibition, Psaki said Biden “spoke about this on the campaign” and that he “believes in decriminalizing the use of marijuana, but his position has not changed” on broader reform.

If there were a list of people most responsible for Americans getting locked in a cage over weed, Joe Biden would rank in the Top 5, All-Time. He's not going to have a come to Jesus moment at the tail end of his life.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
We'll have to see how this goes. He definitely won't lead on this issue, but he may get out of the way if Kamala wants to lead on it...

If congress managed to pass a bill I seriously doubt he would veto it. It is up to congress to get it done. All we are really looking for from the fed is to take it off schedule 1. That would allow states to do what they want, and would allow banks to lend and take cc cards for goods.

Tranquility

If congress managed to pass a bill I seriously doubt he would veto it. It is up to congress to get it done. All we are really looking for from the fed is to take it off schedule 1. That would allow states to do what they want, and would allow banks to lend and take cc cards for goods.
I think everyone's on board with the banks. I'd be surprised if we don't get a bipartisan bill passed this year. (SAFE banking act) All the politicians up and down the line know they can't get the money until they give cannabis access to the banks.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Lake Superior State University first to offer cannabis chemistry scholarship

Lake Superior State University (LSSU) in Michigan has become the first school in the U.S. to offer a cannabis chemistry scholarship to its students.

Steadfast Labs, a cannabis testing facility, will be offering an annual $1,200 scholarship for students to study in LSSU’s first-of-its-kind cannabis chemistry program, which was established in 2019, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Tranquility

Holy moley, involvement with cannabis prevents access to BK?

The First Cannabis Patent Infringement Lawsuit Has Officially Concluded
In bankruptcy court, UCANN faced a set of different challenges. As my colleague, Jesse, reported in this post:

UCANN is “asking this Court to entangle itself in readjusting the debts of those who seem to have conspired to violate the [Controlled Substances Act]”. Obligations “incurred to further criminal conduct,” says the Trustee, “cannot be a valid purpose of a bankruptcy.” The Trustee argues that is “clear” that the licensees are authorized to use the 911 Patent and that the 911 Patent pertains in part to THC. The Trustee asks the Court to compel UCANN to explain whether the license agreements contemplate the use of the 911 Patent to manufacture, sell, or distribute productions containing THC.
In another blow, Bankruptcy Judge Rosania agreed UCANN’s ties to marijuana prevented it from obtaining relief under bankruptcy law, and he granted the Trustee’s Motion to Dismiss the Chapter 11 Case in January 2021.

florduh

It's probably very hard to lose money delivering cannabis, but if anyone can do it, it's these guys.

Uber Will ‘Absolutely’ Explore Marijuana Deliveries When Federal Prohibition Ends, CEO Says

The CEO of Uber said on Monday that the ride share company will “absolutely” explore adding marijuana deliveries to its services when federal prohibition ends.

Dara Khosrowshahi was asked about the prospect of expanding his business to include cannabis deliveries during an interview with CNBC. He said while the company remains focused on grocery and alcohol deliveries, in addition to its core ridesharing service, that’s certainly in the cards if marijuana is federally legalized.

Top Bottom