Cannabis News

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

florduh

Biden White House Sandbags Staffers, Sidelines Dozens for Pot Use

Dozens of young White House staffers have been suspended, asked to resign, or placed in a remote work program due to past marijuana use, frustrating staffers who were pleased by initial indications from the Biden administration that recreational use of cannabis would not be immediately disqualifying for would-be personnel, according to three people familiar with the situation.

The policy has even affected staffers whose marijuana use was exclusive to one of the 14 states—and the District of Columbia—where cannabis is legal. Sourcesfamiliar with the matter also said a number of young staffers were either put on probation or canned because they revealed past marijuana use in an official document they filled out as part of the lengthy background check for a position in the Biden White House.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 9.56.31 AM.png

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.

Biden White House Sandbags Staffers, Sidelines Dozens for Pot Use

Dozens of young White House staffers have been suspended, asked to resign, or placed in a remote work program due to past marijuana use, frustrating staffers who were pleased by initial indications from the Biden administration that recreational use of cannabis would not be immediately disqualifying for would-be personnel, according to three people familiar with the situation.

The policy has even affected staffers whose marijuana use was exclusive to one of the 14 states—and the District of Columbia—where cannabis is legal. Sourcesfamiliar with the matter also said a number of young staffers were either put on probation or canned because they revealed past marijuana use in an official document they filled out as part of the lengthy background check for a position in the Biden White House.

View attachment 6507

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Kamala Harris has admitted to cannabis use, yet no consequences for her. Hypocrisy exists in both parties, it just hides itself differently.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Personally I have always found people who have never tried cannabis, even when in school, somewhat suspect and lacking in imagination and/or incurious.
I think this is a very unfortunate policy. I can't help but see a parallel with other unjust laws. For example, in many if not most states, homosexuality was against the law. If someone had homosexual sex or a homosexual relationship prior to the laws being changed in their local, would it be appropriate for them to be kept from serving in a government job/position in this way? What about interracial marriage? Would it even make sense? The question answers itself...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
All things considered, I would bet big money that participation in this forum would be the death knell of a job in the Biden administration at this point. Especially for someone regularly contributing. I don't think that should be the case, but I'm sure it is.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
They said only five of a hundred hired were fired. Like those five people don't matter. If you were qualified enough to even make the cut in becoming a white house staffer, that probably meant you had been working for years for that opportunity. Only to have your dreams dashed to shit, just for using cannabis. It's actually disgusting, and it's disgusting that the press secretary would trivialize it.

Makes you wonder if they were the only five that told the truth. (Not that the government has a right to know)

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
I can't help but see a parallel with other unjust laws. For example, in many if not most states, homosexuality was against the law. If someone had homosexual sex or a homosexual relationship prior to the laws being changed in their local, would it be appropriate for them to be kept from serving in a government job/position in this way? What about interracial marriage?

The parallelism between the above scenarios & cannabis use escapes me. To me, it's apple & oranges. I don't see the act of using cannabis comparable, let alone equal to, inherent human attributes such as sex & love. Everyone "can" live without getting high, but all human beings seek out sex & love.

Kamala Harris has admitted to cannabis use, yet no consequences for her. Hypocrisy ...
Exactly. The Haves with their Elite'ism & the Have Nots. It's the Elites that have agitated our societal divisions. Their game is to divert attention from what they, themselves, are doing by creating divisions within the Have Nots - "us".

Last edited:

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968

Lighting Up Later in Life​

The number of older adults who use cannabis is on the rise, and some health experts are concerned.

This is me! Started smoking dope in 1968 when I was 19. Had just a couple of year long breaks in all that time, always related to work. Converted to vaping soon after I retired. I'll be 73 next week, and I've been a near daily(only! evenings, weekends, and vacations when I worked) stoner for 50 of the last fifty-four years. Nonetheless, I also smoked cigarettes, non-filtered Lucky Strikes, for 50 some years. So I get quite bothersome wheezing sometimes, particularly when I over do milky banger dabs. Recently completed a 19 day cannabreak, my longest in eight years, since I retired. Now I'm back at it and enjoying it a lot! Honestly, I never thought I'd make it past 60, but here I am and still having fun, not all, but still most days. Its a gorgeous day here in the northern mountains, and I can't wait for it to warm up a bit so I can get on my bike, have a few tokes, and ride.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Nanotech cannabis is here, and it makes edibles look downright prehistoric

Kirby turned to a different method of delivery he’d only recently heard about: Sublingual strips. Also referred to as thin-film drug delivery, sublingual (literally translating to “under the tongue”) strips neatly and efficiently deliver cannabis directly into the bloodstream while promising a consistent experience by completely bypassing the digestive system.

Kin Slips are in the same category as smoking or vaping without the associated health risks of smokeable cannabis. The amount of control and precision in the technology is far beyond what you can get with edibles or inhalants, too. With only 10 to 15 minutes needed before the effects hit, Kirby and the Kin Slips team hope to put an end to the days of scarfing down a tray of brownies because “nothing is happening.”

kin_slips3-768x768.png

Last edited:

Adobewan

Nanotech cannabis is here, and it makes edibles look downright prehistoric

Kirby turned to a different method of delivery he’d only recently heard about: Sublingual strips. Also referred to as thin-film drug delivery, sublingual (literally translating to “under the tongue”) strips neatly and efficiently deliver cannabis directly into the bloodstream while promising a consistent experience by completely bypassing the digestive system.

Kin Slips are in the same category as smoking or vaping without the associated health risks of smokeable cannabis. The amount of control and precision in the technology is far beyond what you can get with edibles or inhalants, too. With only 10 to 15 minutes needed before the effects hit, Kirby and the Kin Slips team hope to put an end to the days of scarfing down a tray of brownies because “nothing is happening.”

kin_slips3-768x768.png

Sounds promising, hope they're affordable and effective. If so, I'd love them in my arsenal. Looks like they're available here in So Cal, 10 strips for $25. I'll see about trying some out and reporting back.
...but, and I know it's not trying to, for me, nothing will replace flower in a beloved vape.

Last edited:

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
All things considered, I would bet big money that participation in this forum would be the death knell of a job in the Biden administration at this point. Especially for someone regularly contributing. I don't think that should be the case, but I'm sure it is.

I'm gonna go a bit further here, but I don't think most or any person intending to work in the administration would be interested in a forum like this. This is a community, where people share their ideas freely and help each other without expecting a reward. It is entirely antithetical to the culture of DC.
The people working for the administration are technocrats, careerists, selfish. It's the nature of their job that attracts those kind of people and corrupts even those who aren't. It takes some serious mental gymnastics to justify bombing Syria, or lying in people's faces with 2000$=600$+1400$.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I don't think that is a fair characterization of people in government at all. It is absolutely true of many for sure, but there are also many who get into government for the right reasons, to serve the American people. And a HUGE number of those people have signed on or have been trying to sign on to THIS administration.
I get the cynicism, and if the only administration you had ever seen was the last one than your cynicism might be well founded, but the last administration in many ways was an anomaly and merely the worst example of how our government works. And even in THAT government there were people who wanted to do the right thing, but for the most part they were either driven out of the administration or ran screaming from it.

I have had friends who worked in government or who did contract work for the government who were honest caring people who wanted to help others and weren't in it just for themselves. The trick is maintaining that attitude and interest when there are so many opportunities for or forces driving corruption and bigotry, but there are many who learn this trick and do whats right. While in many cases those are the exceptional people and not the rank and file, there are huge numbers who want to do whats right. And it surely helps a lot to have a good person at the top who will do his/her best to drive that goodness throughout their administration.

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
I don't think that is a fair characterization of people in government at all. It is absolutely true of many for sure, but there are also many who get into government for the right reasons, to serve the American people. And a HUGE number of those people have signed on or have been trying to sign on to THIS administration.
I get the cynicism, and if the only administration you had ever seen was the last one than your cynicism might be well founded, but the last administration in many ways was an anomaly and merely the worst example of how our government works. And even in THAT government there were people who wanted to do the right thing, but for the most part they were either driven out of the administration or ran screaming from it.

I have had friends who worked in government or who did contract work for the government who were honest caring people who wanted to help others and weren't in it just for themselves. The trick is maintaining that attitude and interest when there are so many opportunities for or forces driving corruption and bigotry, but there are many who learn this trick and do whats right. While in many cases those are the exceptional people and not the rank and file, there are huge numbers who want to do whats right. And it surely helps a lot to have a good person at the top who will do his/her best to drive that goodness throughout their administration.

I'm certainly not talking about everyone working in government. But there's a difference between them and the staffers at the White House.
Unfortunately while the last administration was certainly much more blatant, it really wasn't all that different on actual policy level. Trump was even one of the most peaceful presidents foreign policy wise.

But take everything I say with a grain of salt, I'm from the other side of the pond.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I get the cynicism, and if the only administration you had ever seen was the last one than your cynicism might be well founded, but the last administration in many ways was an anomaly and merely the worst example of how our government works.

Lol. Or the best. Depends who you ask, I suppose.

That's the beauty of America. We're all entitled to our opinions... and, on top of that, we can find some common ground talking about the finest vaporizers available here at FC.

florduh

Lol. Or the best. Depends who you ask, I suppose.

Well if you ask me, they're all the worst.

My favorite part about this story is that these nerds self reported their, according to the Feds at least, illegal drug use. Because the "cool" Party is in charge now, so certainly they'll let it slide. Never mind the fact that the two top ranking members of this admin are the guy behind the disgusting '94 crime bill, and a literal cop who put pot users in prison.

Lesson learned. They absolutely should've lied.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Lesson learned. They absolutely should've lied.

Always remember... admit nothing, deny everything, make counter accusations.

I've been employed by the US gov before and during the whole process my group of applicants got the:

Okay, last chance I know some of you have smoked pot before if you tell us now it wont be an issue... if we find out you lied, you're done...

A few people raised their hands, and those few people were never seen again lol

florduh

Okay, last chance I know some of you have smoked pot before if you tell us now it wont be an issue... if we find out you lied, you're done...

Yep! That's how they scared these nerds. By telling them you'll be in MORE trouble if we later find out you've lied. But how are they going to prove that exactly? Picture of you with a joint or pipe? I was smoking tobacco. Prove otherwise or fuck off.

This society very rarely rewards people for doing the "right" thing.

Tranquility

Yep! That's how they scared these nerds. By telling them you'll be in MORE trouble if we later find out you've lied. But how are they going to prove that exactly? Picture of you with a joint or pipe? I was smoking tobacco. Prove otherwise or fuck off.

This society very rarely rewards people for doing the "right" thing.
If from California, there's a record of each purchase to make sure you don't buy too much. I assume other states have a similar system. While that does not "prove" one imbibes...failing a background will pretty much keep you from ever passing a background--even if they can't prove an underlying felony for the answers.

There's both a plus and a minus to being in a "legal" state.

florduh

If from California, there's a record of each purchase to make sure you don't buy too much. I assume other states have a similar system. While that does not "prove" one imbibes...failing a background will pretty much keep you from ever passing a background--even if they can't prove an underlying felony for the answers.

There's both a plus and a minus to being in a "legal" state.

Oh shit! Duh! I'm guessing admitting to cannabis use already fucked them for future Fed positions, so my thought was... at least they'd still be employed for longer than they were. I guess they just should've admitted to weed use on a national radio program like their boss.

At the same time... fuck these people. If they pulled receipts from a State system, I'd tell them I never smoked it. I just like the smell. It wouldn't work, but it would be funny.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Oh shit! Duh! I'm guessing admitting to cannabis use already fucked them for future Fed positions, so my thought was... at least they'd still be employed for longer than they were. I guess they just should've admitted to weed use on a national radio program like their boss.

At the same time... fuck these people. If they pulled receipts from a State system, I'd tell them I never smoked it. I just like the smell. It wouldn't work, but it would be funny.

Swear on my life - My best friend, who gets drug tested for work, he doesn't partake at all. Last time he smoked was 2008 I believe.

He grows weed on his back porch for fun. I have a couple mason jars of his home grown stashed in my closet, and its actually pretty good...

I think your logic might actually work.

Tranquility

I just looked at the forms they'd use for a national security position (I think even an intern in the White House may be covered by this.) at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf86.pdf

While there may be an available testi-lie for use of THC, there is no out for the part starting on page 106:

In the last seven (7) years, have you been involved in the illegal purchase, manufacture, cultivation, YES NO (If NO, proceed to 23.3) trafficking, production, transfer,
shipping, receiving, handling or sale of any drug or controlled substance?

If you purchased legal in CA, there's a computer record of your license, the purchase and, depending on how far back, video of the whole transaction.

(As to the VP, I'm not sure we can take ANY politician at her word. While I don't take a position on if she EVER used, there are some issues with her radio statement to have me doubt it. )

vaporoufixtras

sigma vape enjoyer
In the last seven (7) years, have you been involved in the illegal purchase, manufacture, cultivation, YES NO (If NO, proceed to 23.3) trafficking, production, transfer,
transfer, shipping, receiving, handling or sale of any drug or controlled substance?

Wouldn't legal purchases be excluded from this though?

Top Bottom