• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cannabis News

C No Ego

@florduh relying on jacked up price cannabis in a legal market that gets modeled after black market street cannabis pricing that is solely based off of harms of prohibition and tobacco is Shit ... States thinking they can charge over 20$ a gram to save their State and the constituents will come running @ any price because legalization all of a sudden looks so good is folly

florduh

@florduh relying on jacked up price cannabis in a legal market that gets modeled after black market street cannabis pricing that is solely based off of harms of prohibition and tobacco is Shit ... States thinking they can charge over 20$ a gram to save their State and the constituents will come running @ any price because legalization all of a sudden looks so good is folly

I don't really disagree. But continuing to put cannabis users in cages until our rulers can develop a perfect legalization framework doesn't make sense either. Plus, some States have done it better than others. Prices in WA, OR, CO don't seem outrageous. Hell, I could regularly find $99 ounces in CA.

Tranquility

marijuana is an tactical assault word and that is it. the word was made to describe cannabis smoke in a body ( man) and shoot at will at that man ETC....
until science catches up to propaganda we will be in this murky unknown situation trying to trust the same political force that shoots at you as well ( at will) with whatever science is brought up .
ask them what exact plant species marijuana is in or which plant family and watch all the confused faces . sticking with the same lie to describe it now just creates more confusion over time...
we sure ain't exploring marijuananoids or endomarijuananoid system LOL
Ask Ars: Should you stop using the word “marijuana”?

C No Ego

Tranquility

marihuana is wild Mexican tobacco - Solanaceae family / nightshade
cannabis is a herbaceous flowering angiosperm plant species in the cannabaceae family ...
alcohol enforcemnet agency in America had no job after it was not prohibtited ... cannabis was targetsed, renamed to marijuana and the rest is history , they kept there jobs
"They" ALWAYS keep their jobs.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
IRISH NEWS
Famous potato chip company issues apology as ex-director gets busted for growing over $30K worth of weed

Although chips and cannabis are often considered the ultimate combination, the pairing resulted in a patently unchill situation involving both an arrest and a PR snafu.

Keogh’s Crisps, a much-loved Irish potato chip company, posted a public apology following the arrest of a retired company director for growing nearly €20,000 (approx. CAD$30,750) worth of cannabis on July 10.

Tranquility

We're going to have to learn about something new; cannabidiolic acid methyl ester.

More Potent Than CBD, THC: Dr. Raphael Mechoulam Explains His Latest Discovery

“EPM developed a method to work with the original substances of cannabis,” the Professor explained. “So, while everybody is discussing THC and CBD, these cannabinoids are actually a secondary substance; they only appear later in the plant.

“Originally there is an acid that appears in the plant, and those acids are these mysterious worlds of compounds that are much more potent than cannabinoids,” he added.

However, these cannabidiolic acids were unstable, and therefore useless in pharmaceutical drug development. Until now, that is.

Mechoulam’s recent revelation stems from the development of a method that allows to modify the acids in a way that keeps them stable enough to allow for their larg- scale use. This opens the door for further pharmaceutical experiments, the professor explained.

“We took a cannabidiol acid and we stabilized it by a simple chemical procedure, called esterification; then the compound is stable,” Swisa explained.

The team then “started looking at the activities of this compound...and found that this particular compound causes suppression of anxiety and suppression of nausea,” he continued, adding that this could make a huge difference in cancer patients on chemotherapy, as well as patients with IBD (Inflammatory Bowel Disease) or Psoriasis.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I have heard nothing about this, I don’t think this is a some major outreach.
I believe they are talking about it in relation to wearing masks - if people are refusing to wear masks in order to smoke pot, then it warrants a call?
Don’t get me wrong, calling 911 because someone is partaking is a complete waste of police resources, but I kind of think The Growth Op is making a big deal out of something 99.9% of NYers (and police) don’t even know is written down some place.
But, I could be wrong. and if I hear this is getting enforced, I will be right back here to SCREAM at the stupidity.

Relaxed

This Space For Rent
I have heard nothing about this, I don’t think this is a some major outreach.
I believe they are talking about it in relation to wearing masks - if people are refusing to wear masks in order to smoke pot, then it warrants a call?
Don’t get me wrong, calling 911 because someone is partaking is a complete waste of police resources, but I kind of think The Growth Op is making a big deal out of something 99.9% of NYers (and police) don’t even know is written down some place.
But, I could be wrong. and if I hear this is getting enforced, I will be right back here to SCREAM at the stupidity.

It's on the NYC official web page....

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
It's on the NYC official web page....

Yes, I looked it it. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist. But it’s on a page specifically about COVID (not wearing mask complaints) - and I highly doubt the vast majority of citizens even know about it.
Again, beyond stupid waste of time -
HOWEVER - if someone is refusing to wear a mask in public and try to use cannabis as a reason to put others at risk - then I say F U - put on a g-d damned mask until you are in your private.

C No Ego

Yes, I looked it it. I’m not saying it doesn’t exist. But it’s on a page specifically about COVID (not wearing mask complaints) - and I highly doubt the vast majority of citizens even know about it.
Again, beyond stupid waste of time -
HOWEVER - if someone is refusing to wear a mask in public and try to use cannabis as a reason to put others at risk - then I say F U - put on a g-d damned mask until you are in your private.

isn't Flu season over , like a few weeks back ... how the hell is a virus surviving heat now?

C No Ego,

Tranquility

While the article points out the fact people are still having legal problems over a plant, I'm not sure it was a "mistake" on the veteran's part as much as a don't care. Do you know if your state has a medical cannabis law? That was his mistake. He forgot pot was illegal in his state. (And, forgot you're supposed to keep prescribed medications in their bottle. A FELONY???!! By that, I commit three felonies a day just with the little pill container I keep on my key chain. )

hans solo

Left coast Canada
While the article points out the fact people are still having legal problems over a plant, I'm not sure it was a "mistake" on the veteran's part as much as a don't care. Do you know if your state has a medical cannabis law? That was his mistake. He forgot pot was illegal in his state. (And, forgot you're supposed to keep prescribed medications in their bottle. A FELONY???!! By that, I commit three felonies a day just with the little pill container I keep on my key chain. )

A mistake with a incredibly harsh and cruel penalty.

Tranquility

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Cannabidiol market to be worth more than $89bn by 2026
A report published by Global Market Insights, Inc., shows that the cannabidiol market size is expected to surpass $89.0bn in revenue by 2026.
The report from Global Market Insights shows that the global cannabidiol market share is expected to witness remarkable growth prospects in the forthcoming years, primarily driven by the increasing sale of CBD products in leading retail stores available in various forms.

CANtalk

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
FDA issues draft guidance on cannabis research

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Tuesday issued a draft guidance that would establish a set of rules for researching cannabis.

The guidance, which is “limited to the development of human drugs and does not cover other FDA-regulated products,” largely informs researchers how to lawfully conduct cannabis research. The guidance has been long-awaited by lawmakers and cannabis advocates.

Tranquility

"Veritas Fine Cannabis" and "Veritas Farms" are from different states. How can one sue the other for trademark violations?

Colorado’s Veritas Fine Cannabis Sues Nevada Cannabis Company for Trademark Infringement

Over the last couple of years, our firm has seen a massive uptick in cannabis-related trademark litigation, and have handled many of these disputes on behalf of our clients, both as stand-alone matters and in conjunction with partnership disputes. Here are a few of the trademark disputes we’ve covered recently (our blog archives are full of these posts, if you’re interested):

The latest lawsuit was filed on July 10, 2020 by Colorado-based Carrick-Harvest, LLC d/b/a Veritas Fine Cannabis (“Veritas Fine Cannabis”) against defendants Veritas Farms, Inc. and 271 Lake Davis Holdings, LLC d/b/a Veritas Farms (“Veritas Farms”), which is based in Nevada. The lawsuit alleges trademark infringement, false designation of origin, unfair competition, cybersquatting, and declaratory relieve stemming from Veritas Farms’ use of the VERITAS mark in conjunction with its cannabis products.

What makes this lawsuit interesting, and also tricky, is that it involves a licensed cannabis business in one state (Colorado) claiming trademark infringement by another licensed cannabis business in a different state (Nevada). For those who have been following our blog, you likely know that obtaining federal trademark protection is a difficult proposition for cannabis companies, due to “lawful use in commerce” being a requirement for registration with the USPTO.

In light of this difficulty, cannabis businesses have employed a two-part strategy to protect their brand assets that includes obtaining federal trademark protection for ancillary goods and services that do not run afoul of the federal Controlled Substances Act (“CSA”), as well as state trademark protection covering cannabis, cannabis goods, and any other items that are lawful under state law, but federally illegal. So, best case scenario for a state-legal cannabis business is the following:

• It possesses state trademark registrations in each state in which it legally operates, which provide protection for cannabis goods only within the borders of that state; and
  • It possesses federal trademark registrations for ancillary goods and services which provide protection nationwide, but do not cover cannabis goods.
So, when a cannabis operator in one state wants to sue a cannabis operator in another state for using the same or a confusingly similar trademark, as in this case, the plaintiff must rely on federal trademark registrations that don’t cover cannabis, and state trademark registrations that don’t apply in the state in which defendant operates. It’s a difficult situation.

In this case, plaintiff has a number of active federal trademark applications (not registrations), that cover things like “providing a website containing current events news and information about cannabis, cannabis infused products and smoker’s articles,” “providing agricultural information about cannabis and cannabis strains; providing a website featuring information relating to the therapeutic benefits of cannabis; providing a website containing agricultural news and information about cannabis and cannabis,” “lighters for smokers, ashtrays,” and “providing a website containing consumer product news and information about cannabis, cannabis infused products, and smoker’s articles,” all of which are federally legal, but none of which are cannabis. (As a side note, one thing that is unclear is why these applications were filed on an intent-to-use basis when the plaintiff claims to have been using its mark in commerce since 2016.)

The plaintiff here is alleging trademark infringement by defendant based on defendant’s provision of the goods/services listed above, and also based on the contention that defendant’s cannabis goods fall within the plaintiff’s “zone of natural expansion.” This means that based on the goods and services for which plaintiff currently has federal trademark protection, it would be natural to assume that plaintiff would expand its product offerings, and therefore its trademark protection, into the same (cannabis) goods that defendant is offering.

The concept of the “zone of natural expansion” is one that virtually every cannabis company with federal trademark protection hopes to be able to rely on, but the argument is not a clear winner. Cases like this illustrate how critical it is for the industry to have access to a functioning means to protect intellectual property. Lack of access to federal trademark protection is a huge liability, and we’ll be watching to see if a decision on these issues is ultimately rendered.

Tranquility,

Tranquility

FDA issues draft guidance on cannabis research
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Tuesday issued a draft guidance that would establish a set of rules for researching cannabis.

The guidance, which is “limited to the development of human drugs and does not cover other FDA-regulated products,” largely informs researchers how to lawfully conduct cannabis research. The guidance has been long-awaited by lawmakers and cannabis advocates.

Cannabis advocates are not over the moon on the guidance.

Anticipated FDA guidelines fall short of cannabis sector’s expectations
A new guidance document released by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration finally addresses the topic of clinical research as it relates to cannabis and derivative products.

But the seven-page draft, “Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Compounds: Quality Considerations for Clinical Research Guidance for Industry,” is a bit of a letdown for both the marijuana and hemp industries.

The document, released Tuesday, focuses on topics such as pharmaceutical quality and chemistry, manufacturing and controls.

What it doesn’t do is set up regulations or rules for cannabis businesses.

And that’s what the hemp industry, especially the hemp-derived CBD sector, has been awaiting.

The FDA said the guidance illustrates the agency’s “current thinking” about clinical research and the development of drugs containing naturally derived cannabis or cannabis-derived compounds.

The document does not, however, shed any light on how the FDA views research as it relates to medical marijuana.

FDA issues guidance for clinical research and development on drugs containing cannabis and derived products

Tranquility,
Top Bottom